wtp ear deployment

Matthew Broadhead-2
i created a maven sub module of type ear and added my jar and war files
successfully using
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
and
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/eclipse-and-maven-integration.html.
but i cannot seem to deploy the ear to a TomEE server.  is any way to do
this currently?

i uncommented Deployments as in
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Ear-file-deploy-td4673119.html

Re: wtp ear deployment

jgallimore
Are you trying to do it directly in Eclipse? We do have an extension to WTP
that does enable that, but it hasn't been updated for a while. I'd be happy
to try and contribute that to Eclipse itself if that's what you're looking
for.

Jon

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:15 AM Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> i created a maven sub module of type ear and added my jar and war files
> successfully using
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
> and
>
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/eclipse-and-maven-integration.html.
>
> but i cannot seem to deploy the ear to a TomEE server.  is any way to do
> this currently?
>
> i uncommented Deployments as in
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Ear-file-deploy-td4673119.html

Re: wtp ear deployment

Matthew Broadhead-2
i am trying to get the EAR running using tomee-maven-plugin first so if
i see some success with that i will come back to you.  out of interest
is the extension available to look at somewhere?

On 12/12/2018 11:19, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> Are you trying to do it directly in Eclipse? We do have an extension to WTP
> that does enable that, but it hasn't been updated for a while. I'd be happy
> to try and contribute that to Eclipse itself if that's what you're looking
> for.
>
> Jon
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:15 AM Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> i created a maven sub module of type ear and added my jar and war files
>> successfully using
>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
>> and
>>
>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/eclipse-and-maven-integration.html.
>>
>> but i cannot seem to deploy the ear to a TomEE server.  is any way to do
>> this currently?
>>
>> i uncommented Deployments as in
>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Ear-file-deploy-td4673119.html

Re: wtp ear deployment

jgallimore
Let us know how you get on with the Maven plugin. If that doesn't work,
resolving any issues there would be amazing. The WTP code is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/openejb-eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.openejb.wtp.server/
- it is super old, but I'd love an excuse to revive it :)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> i am trying to get the EAR running using tomee-maven-plugin first so if
> i see some success with that i will come back to you.  out of interest
> is the extension available to look at somewhere?
>
> On 12/12/2018 11:19, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:
> > Are you trying to do it directly in Eclipse? We do have an extension to
> WTP
> > that does enable that, but it hasn't been updated for a while. I'd be
> happy
> > to try and contribute that to Eclipse itself if that's what you're
> looking
> > for.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:15 AM Matthew Broadhead
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> i created a maven sub module of type ear and added my jar and war files
> >> successfully using
> >>
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
> >> and
> >>

> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/eclipse-and-maven-integration.html
> .
> >>
> >> but i cannot seem to deploy the ear to a TomEE server.  is any way to do
> >> this currently?
> >>
> >> i uncommented Deployments as in
> >>
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Ear-file-deploy-td4673119.html

Re: wtp ear deployment

Matthew Broadhead-2
when deploying an EAR do the jar files get run in a common classloader?
(i.e. shared between all the WARs but only loaded once)

when deploying the full thing it stalls on the below error.  whereas it
works fine if the wars are all packaged and deployed independently with
their own libs

12-Dec-2018 12:26:29.695 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication CDI Beans
module deployment failed
  org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
[uk.me.kissy.external.entities.KeycloakSecurityContextWrapper] is not
found with the qualifiers
Qualifiers: [@uk.me.kissy.external.qualifiers.KeycloakSecurityContext()]
for injection into Field Injection Point, field name :
keycloakSecurityContextWrapper, Bean Owner : [UserBean,
WebBeansType:MANAGED, Name:userBean, API
Types:[java.lang.Object,uk.me.kissy.fragment.beans.UserBean,java.io.Serializable],
Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any,javax.inject.Named]]
     at
org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(BeansDeployer.java:338)
     at
org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)
     at
org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:189)
     at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:41)
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:963)

On 12/12/2018 11:49, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> Let us know how you get on with the Maven plugin. If that doesn't work,
> resolving any issues there would be amazing. The WTP code is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/openejb-eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.openejb.wtp.server/
> - it is super old, but I'd love an excuse to revive it :)
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> i am trying to get the EAR running using tomee-maven-plugin first so if
>> i see some success with that i will come back to you.  out of interest
>> is the extension available to look at somewhere?
>>
>> On 12/12/2018 11:19, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:
>>> Are you trying to do it directly in Eclipse? We do have an extension to
>> WTP
>>> that does enable that, but it hasn't been updated for a while. I'd be
>> happy
>>> to try and contribute that to Eclipse itself if that's what you're
>> looking
>>> for.
>>>
>>> Jon

>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
>>>>

>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/eclipse-and-maven-integration.html
>> .

>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Ear-file-deploy-td4673119.html

Re: wtp ear deployment

jgallimore
Is the structure?

EAR
| -- lib/common.jar
| -- webapp1.war
| -- webapp2.war

The short answer is I'd have to check. If you have a super simple app I can
put on a server and debug, I can definitely help. I'd expect the structure
above to work, although I'd probably have to check specs and do some
debugging.

Jon

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:44 AM Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> when deploying an EAR do the jar files get run in a common classloader?
> (i.e. shared between all the WARs but only loaded once)
>
> when deploying the full thing it stalls on the below error.  whereas it
> works fine if the wars are all packaged and deployed independently with
> their own libs
>
> 12-Dec-2018 12:26:29.695 SEVERE [main]
> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication CDI Beans
> module deployment failed
>   org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
> javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
> [uk.me.kissy.external.entities.KeycloakSecurityContextWrapper] is not
> found with the qualifiers
> Qualifiers: [@uk.me.kissy.external.qualifiers.KeycloakSecurityContext()]
> for injection into Field Injection Point, field name :
> keycloakSecurityContextWrapper, Bean Owner : [UserBean,
> WebBeansType:MANAGED, Name:userBean, API
> Types:[java.lang.Object,uk.me.kissy.fragment.beans.UserBean,java.io.Serializable],
>

> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any,javax.inject.Named]]
>      at
> org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(BeansDeployer.java:338)
>      at
>
> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)
>      at
>
> org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:189)
>      at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:41)
>      at
>
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:963)
>
> On 12/12/2018 11:49, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:
> > Let us know how you get on with the Maven plugin. If that doesn't work,
> > resolving any issues there would be amazing. The WTP code is here:
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/openejb-eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.openejb.wtp.server/
> > - it is super old, but I'd love an excuse to revive it :)
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Matthew Broadhead
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> i am trying to get the EAR running using tomee-maven-plugin first so if
> >> i see some success with that i will come back to you.  out of interest
> >> is the extension available to look at somewhere?

> >> WTP
> >> happy
> >> looking

> files
> >>>>

> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
> >>>>

> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/eclipse-and-maven-integration.html
> >> .
> do

> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Ear-file-deploy-td4673119.html

Re: wtp ear deployment

Luis Rodríguez Fernández
Hello there,

That .ear structure worked for me in the past. But I can not tell you at
100% if it was because everything was loaded in the same classloader or
just "classloader-lottery". Regarding this tomee doc [1] I would say that
yes.

My ear/META-INF/application.xml looks like:

<application>
  <display-name>my-app-ear</display-name>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>app1.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/app1</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>app2.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/app2</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>main-root-webapp.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
</application>

Hope it helps,

Luis

[1] http://tomee.apache.org/deploying-in-tomee.html

--

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

- Samuel Beckett

Re: wtp ear deployment

Matthew Broadhead-2
yes my application.xml looks the same. it is auto generated by maven

On 12/12/2018 13:48, Luis Rodríguez Fernández wrote:

> [...]
>>> keycloakSecurityContextWrapper, Bean Owner : [UserBean,
>>> WebBeansType:MANAGED, Name:userBean, API
>>> Types:[java.lang.Object,uk.me
>> .kissy.fragment.beans.UserBean,java.io.Serializable],
>>>

>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any,javax.inject.Named]]
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(BeansDeployer.java:338)
>>>       at
>>>

>> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)
>>>       at
>>>

>> org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.initialize(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:189)
>>>       at org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiBuilder.build(CdiBuilder.java:41)
>>>       at
>>>

>> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:963)

i fixed the first error.  i had put
<lib>unzip:org.keycloak:keycloak-tomcat8-adapter:${keycloak.version}:zip</lib>

which should have been
<lib>unzip:org.keycloak:keycloak-tomcat8-adapter-dist:${keycloak.version}:zip</lib>

yes my project structure is the same as your outline

now it seems there is a problem with ejb injection ?  there are loads of
these.

12-Dec-2018 16:41:28.478 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication
undeployException original cause
  java.lang.Exception: deployment not found: WebApp_ID.Comp1798685061
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication(Assembler.java:2327)
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:1092)
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:757)

12-Dec-2018 16:41:28.478 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication
undeployException original cause
  java.lang.Exception: deployment not found: BillTimer
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication(Assembler.java:2327)
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:1092)
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:757)
     at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.buildContainerSystem(Assembler.java:635)

if you don't know off the top of your head don't worry.  i will stick
with war deployment for now.  not sure how long it would take to put an
example together.  might be nice to have an example project
demonstrating ear somewhere in git repo

On 12/12/2018 11:49, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> Let us know how you get on with the Maven plugin. If that doesn't work,
> resolving any issues there would be amazing. The WTP code is here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/openejb-eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins/org.apache.openejb.wtp.server/
> - it is super old, but I'd love an excuse to revive it :)
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> i am trying to get the EAR running using tomee-maven-plugin first so if
>> i see some success with that i will come back to you.  out of interest
>> is the extension available to look at somewhere?
>>
>> On 12/12/2018 11:19, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:
>>> Are you trying to do it directly in Eclipse? We do have an extension to
>> WTP
>>> that does enable that, but it hasn't been updated for a while. I'd be
>> happy
>>> to try and contribute that to Eclipse itself if that's what you're
>> looking
>>> for.
>>>
>>> Jon

>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
>>>>

>> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/eclipse-and-maven-integration.html
>> .

>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Ear-file-deploy-td4673119.html

Re: wtp ear deployment

jgallimore
Can you paste your full deployment output into a gist or similar? I'm happy
to have a go an example towards the end of the week.

Jon

https://gist.github.com/chongma/d558400763d354d2c2bbd311f4798028