when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

pmo_tomee
This post was updated on .
I am using apache tomee 7.0.1 as application server which comes with activemq 5.13.3. We use Java 8.0_111. A broker is configured to start up when tomee instance is started. There are various queues configured under that broker to send/receive messages.
The messages are flowing properly from one queue to another queue (as per router configuration).
My kaha db store folder is - apache-tomee-plus-7.0.1\work\activemqwork\activemq-data\kaha.

1)When I am removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool and JMX also working.

2)But when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole .
And JMX also not working
------------------------------
ObjectName name = new ObjectName("org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=mySEBroker,destinationType=Queue,destinationName=endPointOthersMySETRQueue");
MBeanInfo info = serverConnection.getMBeanInfo((ObjectName)name);
-------------------------------above code not working when I am not removing kaha db folder while restarting.

SO could you help me to resolve number 2 issue , so that I can keep kaha db folder and can JMX will work also.

Re: when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

can you share your activemq configuration (a small project on github with
tomee-maven-plugin ready to run/setup would be appreciated)?

> I am using apache tomee 7.0.1 as application server which comes with
> activemq
> 5.13.3. We use Java 8.0_111. A broker is configured to start up when tomee
> instance is started. There are various queues configured under that broker
> to send/receive messages.
> The messages are flowing properly from one queue to another queue (as per
> router configuration).
> My kaha db store folder is -
> apache-tomee-plus-7.0.1\work\activemqwork\activemq-data\kaha.
>
> 1)When I am removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am able to
> view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool and JMX also working.
>
> *2)But when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I
> am
> not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are
> displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole *.
> And JMX also not working
> ------------------------------
> ObjectName name = new
> ObjectName("org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=mySEBroker,
> destinationType=Queue,destinationName=endPointOthersMySETRQueue");
> MBeanInfo info = serverConnection.getMBeanInfo((ObjectName)name);
> -------------------------------above code not working when I am not
> removing
> kaha db folder while restarting.
>
> SO could you help me to resolve number 2 issue , so that I will not loose
> any messages after restart.

Re: when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

pmo_tomee
Hi Romain,

 I am sending you activemq configuration as an attachment. I will send you a small project later if required.

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau [via TomEE & OpenEJB] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

can you share your activemq configuration (a small project on github with
tomee-maven-plugin ready to run/setup would be appreciated)?

> I am using apache tomee 7.0.1 as application server which comes with
> activemq
> 5.13.3. We use Java 8.0_111. A broker is configured to start up when tomee
> instance is started. There are various queues configured under that broker
> to send/receive messages.
> The messages are flowing properly from one queue to another queue (as per
> router configuration).
> My kaha db store folder is -
> apache-tomee-plus-7.0.1\work\activemqwork\activemq-data\kaha.
>
> 1)When I am removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am able to
> view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool and JMX also working.
>
> *2)But when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I
> am
> not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are
> displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole *.
> And JMX also not working
> ------------------------------
> ObjectName name = new
> ObjectName("org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=mySEBroker,
> destinationType=Queue,destinationName=endPointOthersMySETRQueue");
> MBeanInfo info = serverConnection.getMBeanInfo((ObjectName)name);
> -------------------------------above code not working when I am not
> removing
> kaha db folder while restarting.
>
> SO could you help me to resolve number 2 issue , so that I will not loose
> any messages after restart.

To unsubscribe from when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole, click here.
NAML

activemq.xml (3K) Download Attachment
tomee.xml (5K) Download Attachment

Re: when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

I used that pom to test quickly:
https://gist.github.com/rmannibucau/8dba288509366e6e5521994bab37eaf3

created a listener like:

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {
        @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination",
propertyValue = "test"),
        @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType",
propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue")
})
public class Listener implements MessageListener {
    @Override
    public void onMessage(final Message message) {
        System.out.println(message);

and a sender:

@Singleton
@Startup
@TransactionManagement(BEAN)
public class Sender {
    @Resource
    private SessionContext ctx;

    @Inject
    @JMSConnectionFactory("JMSConnectionFactory")
    private JMSContext jms;

    @Resource(name = "test")
    private Queue queue;

    private final AtomicBoolean running = new AtomicBoolean();

    @PostConstruct
    private void send() {
        running.compareAndSet(false, true);
        ctx.getBusinessObject(Sender.class).async();
    }

    @PreDestroy
    private void stop() {
        running.compareAndSet(true, false);
    }

    @Asynchronous
    public void async() {
        int i = 0;
        while (running.get()) {
            jms.createProducer().send(queue, "test " + i++);
            try {
                sleep(50);
            } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                Thread.interrupted();

But I didn't reproduce your issue. Only difference I had is removing your
datasources from tomee.xml so wonder if it can't be related to your
XADataSource usage? Did you try without or with a plain JtaManaged=false
datasource?

> [...]
> > NAML
> > <http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/template/
> NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.
> BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-
> nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=
> notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
> >

> activemq.xml (3K) <http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/attachment/
> 4681839/0/activemq.xml>
> tomee.xml (5K) <http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/attachment/
> 4681839/1/tomee.xml>

Re: when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

Sorry...I forgot to mention that issue is occurring in only LINUX environment not in WINDOWS.
Have you tested in Linux?

Hi

NAML

Re: when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

Romain Manni-Bucau
yes, was ubuntu

> [...]
> > jconsole, click here
> > <http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/template/
> NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4681831&code=
> bWFoYXRvMTk4N0BnbWFpbC5jb218NDY4MTgzMXwtMTI1NzE1MTcxNg==>
> > .
> > NAML
> > <http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/template/
> NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.
> BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-
> nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=
> notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: when I am not removing kaha db folder and then restarting tomee, I am not able to view queue attributes using jconsole monitoring tool,queues are displayed as folders (rather than endpoint) in jconsole

Okay. Thanks....I will test removing xa data source and let you know.

yes, was ubuntu