[vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

[vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Brett Porter-2
Hi,

Based on the consensus to the earlier discussion, I am re-starting
this vote unmodified.

Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC
to apply for graduation.

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1

Cheers,
Brett

        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project

        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
        enterprise application and remoting services, for
distribution at
        no charge to the public.

        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB
Project",
        Foundation; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
        project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
        and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
the
        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
        OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
        The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further

        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
        Apache OpenEJB Project:

          * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])

        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
and
        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
Board
        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
        successor is appointed; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Jason Dillon
+1

--jason

On Apr 9, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> [...]
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Dain Sundstrom

-dain

> [...]

>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Jeff Genender-2

Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Based on the consensus to the earlier discussion, I am re-starting this
> vote unmodified.
>
> Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
> whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC to
> apply for graduation.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>

>        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>        enterprise application and remoting services, for distribution at
>        no charge to the public.
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
>        project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
>        and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
>        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
>        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
>        OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>        The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>        Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>          * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
>          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
>          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
>          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Mohammad Nour El-Din
+1

On 4/10/07, Jeff Genender <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Based on the consensus to the earlier discussion, I am re-starting this
> > vote unmodified.
> >
> > Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
> > whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC to
> > apply for graduation.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] 0
> > [ ] -1
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brett
> >

> >        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
> >
> >        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
> >        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
> >        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
> >        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
> >        enterprise application and remoting services, for distribution at
> >        no charge to the public.
> >
> >        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
> >        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB Project",
> >        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
> >        Foundation; and be it further
> >
> >        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
> >        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
> >        project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
> >        and be it further
> >
> >        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
> >        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
> >        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
> >        OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
> >        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
> >        The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
> >
> >        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
> >        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
> >        Apache OpenEJB Project:
> >
> >          * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
> >          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
> >          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
> >          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
> >          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
> >          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
> >
> >        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be and
> >        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
> >        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
> >        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
> >        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
> >        successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> >        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
> >        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> >        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
> >
> >        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
> >        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> >        PMC are hereafter discharged.

- Mohammad Nour

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Rick McGuire

Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Based on the consensus to the earlier discussion, I am re-starting
> this vote unmodified.
>
> Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
> whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC to
> apply for graduation.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>

>        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>        enterprise application and remoting services, for distribution at
>        no charge to the public.
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
>        project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
>        and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
>        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
>        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
>        OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>        The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>        Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>          * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
>          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
>          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
>          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

ammulder

On 4/9/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>           * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>         NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
> and
>         hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>         serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>         of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>         resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>         successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>         is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>         Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>         Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>         PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Alan Cabrera

Alan

> [...]

>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Matt Hogstrom

On Apr 9, 2007, at 9:37 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> [...]
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

kevan

--kevan

> [...]

>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Jacek Laskowski

Jacek

Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

manucet
+1

On 4/11/07, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > and
> >         hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
> >         serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> > Board
> >         of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
> >         resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
> >         successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> >         RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
> >         is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> >         Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
> >
> >         RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
> >         Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> >         PMC are hereafter discharged.
> >

> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Daniel Haischt

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

David

> [...]

>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

David Jencks

david jencks

> [...]

>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

[result] Take 2: Request Graduation to a TLP

Brett Porter-2
Votes:

+1 from
        David Jencks
        David Blevins
        Daniel Haischt
        Manu George
        Jacek Laskowski
        Kevan Miller
        Matt Hogstrom
        Alan Cabrera
        Aaron Mulder
        Rick McGuire
        Mohammad Nour El-Din
        Jeff Genender
        Dain Sundstrom
        Jason Dillon
        Brett Porter

Not other votes were cast.

Apologies for the lateness of my wrapping this up. I'll now take this
to a vote by the incubator PMC.

Cheers,
Brett