[vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Brett Porter-2
Hi,

Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC
to apply for graduation.

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1

Cheers,
Brett

        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project

        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
        enterprise application and remoting services, for
distribution at
        no charge to the public.

        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB
Project",
        Foundation; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
        project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
        and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
the
        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
        OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
        The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further

        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
        Apache OpenEJB Project:

          * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])

        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
and
        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
Board
        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
        successor is appointed; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Mohammad Nour El-Din
+1 for this proposal

On 4/3/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
> whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC
> to apply for graduation.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>

>         Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>         WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>         interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>         purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>         the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>         enterprise application and remoting services, for
> distribution at
>         no charge to the public.
>
>         NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>         Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB
> Project",
>         be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>         Foundation; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>         responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
>         project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
>         and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
>         hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
> the
>         direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
>         OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>         management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>         The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>         hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>         Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>           * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
>           * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
>           * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
>           * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
>           * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>           * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>         NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
> and
>         hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>         serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>         of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>         resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>         successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>         is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>         Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>         Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>         PMC are hereafter discharged.

- Mohammad Nour

Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Jason Dillon

--jason

On Apr 2, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> [...]
>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Dain Sundstrom

-dain

> [...]

>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

This has been a wonderful year for OpenEJB and an ideal Incubation,
thanks in no small part to the dedication not just to the project,
but to each other, demonstrated by everyone here.  Thank you to our
Contributors, Committers, Mentors and everyone in-between.

Best regards,
David

> [...]

>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Alan Cabrera

Alan

> [...]

>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Jacek Laskowski

Jacek

Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Rick McGuire

Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
> whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC to
> apply for graduation.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>

>        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>        enterprise application and remoting services, for distribution at
>        no charge to the public.
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
>        project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
>        and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
>        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
>        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
>        OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>        The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>        Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>          * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
>          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
>          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
>          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

manucet

On 4/3/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
> whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC
> to apply for graduation.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>

>         Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>         WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>         interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>         purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>         the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>         enterprise application and remoting services, for
> distribution at
>         no charge to the public.
>
>         NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>         Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB
> Project",
>         be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>         Foundation; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>         responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
>         project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
>         and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
>         hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
> the
>         direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
>         OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>         management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>         The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>         hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>         Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>           * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
>           * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
>           * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
>           * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
>           * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>           * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>         NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
> and
>         hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>         serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>         of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>         resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>         successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>         is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>         Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>         RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>         Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>         PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Jeff Genender-2
+1...but am I missing something...?

Why am I not an initial member of the project?  I was there when the
project was at Codehaus and have been an active contributor here at
Apache.  Am I missing something?

Jeff

Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Below is the current proposal for the OpenEJB TLP. Please vote on
> whether to make this proposal a formal request to the incubator PMC to
> apply for graduation.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>

>        Establish Apache OpenEJB Project
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>        enterprise application and remoting services, for distribution at
>        no charge to the public.
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache OpenEJB Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that The Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
>        project related to enterprise application and remoting services;
>        and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenEJB" be and
>        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
>        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
>        OpenEJB Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>        The Apache OpenEJB Project; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>        Apache OpenEJB Project:
>
>          * David Blevins       ([hidden email])
>          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
>          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
>          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Matt Hogstrom

On Apr 3, 2007, at 12:17 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> [...]
>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins
> be and
>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President,
> OpenEJB, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a
>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Actually...I have thought about this...and I have some reservations
about how this is graduating.

I had to step back and look at the email lists and contributions, and
discussions of this project.  There are several folks who deserve to be
a part of this initial group.  I see people who have been much more
active than some on this initial list.  There have to be some hurt
feelings here, as I know I am.

I don't believe this is a way to start off a project by making an elite
group.  It is against my ideals of having a special group, and its
somewhat of a slap in the face of those who have been contributing in
one form or another.

Therefore, I am changing my vote to -1.

Jeff

Jeff Genender wrote:

> [...]
>>          * Alan Cabrera        ([hidden email])
>>          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
>>          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
>>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
>>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
>>
>>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be and
>>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
>>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board
>>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
>>        successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
>>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
>>
>>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Hi Jeff...

I am new to this whole thing, but IMHO this is only an initial list, and it
will be updated. The list contains suggested members for the project's PMC
not committers at all levels. And even if some of the listed members were
not so active recently but they are among most experienced people of this
project. I am not commenting or arguing your decision, but I wanted to
declare my opinion for two things, first you may send comments on my opinion
and then I will learn :), second as part of my commitment to this team and
it is a duty to declare my opinions which I hope they are for the benefit of
this great team.

On 4/3/07, Jeff Genender <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >>          * David Jencks        ([hidden email])
> >>          * Jacek Laskowski     ([hidden email])
> >>          * Brett Porter        ([hidden email])
> >>          * Dain Sundstrom      ([hidden email])
> >>
> >>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Blevins be
> and
> >>        hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenEJB, to
> >>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
> Board
> >>        of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
> >>        resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
> >>        successor is appointed; and be it further
> >>
> >>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenEJB Project be and hereby
> >>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> >>        Incubator OpenEJB podling; and be it further
> >>
> >>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
> >>        Incubator OpenEJB podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

- Mohammad Nour

[discuss] Request Graduation to a TLP (was Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP)

Matt Hogstrom
Please do not use the [vote] thread for discussion.

On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:12 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> [...]
>> discussions of this project.  There are several folks who deserve
>> to be
>> a part of this initial group.  I see people who have been much more
>> active than some on this initial list.  There have to be some hurt
>> feelings here, as I know I am.
>>
>> I don't believe this is a way to start off a project by making an
>> elite
>> group.  It is against my ideals of having a special group, and its
>> somewhat of a slap in the face of those who have been contributing in
>> one form or another.
>>
>> Therefore, I am changing my vote to -1.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> Jeff Genender wrote:
>> > +1...but am I missing something...?
>> >
>> > Why am I not an initial member of the project?  I was there when
>> the
>> > project was at Codehaus and have been an active contributor here at

Re: [discuss] Request Graduation to a TLP (was Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP)

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi Matt...

As I said sending my comments will make me learn new things :), thanks for
your advise.

On 4/3/07, Matt Hogstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please do not use the [vote] thread for discussion.
>

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:12 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
>
> > Hi Jeff...
> >
> > I am new to this whole thing, but IMHO this is only an initial
> > list, and it
> > will be updated. The list contains suggested members for the
> > project's PMC
> > not committers at all levels. And even if some of the listed
> > members were
> > not so active recently but they are among most experienced people
> > of this
> > project. I am not commenting or arguing your decision, but I wanted to
> > declare my opinion for two things, first you may send comments on
> > my opinion
> > and then I will learn :), second as part of my commitment to this
> > team and
> > it is a duty to declare my opinions which I hope they are for the
> > benefit of
> > this great team.
> >
> > On 4/3/07, Jeff Genender <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Actually...I have thought about this...and I have some reservations
> >> about how this is graduating.
> >>
> >> I had to step back and look at the email lists and contributions, and
> >> discussions of this project.  There are several folks who deserve
> >> to be
> >> a part of this initial group.  I see people who have been much more
> >> active than some on this initial list.  There have to be some hurt
> >> feelings here, as I know I am.
> >>
> >> I don't believe this is a way to start off a project by making an
> >> elite
> >> group.  It is against my ideals of having a special group, and its
> >> somewhat of a slap in the face of those who have been contributing in
> >> one form or another.
> >>
> >> Therefore, I am changing my vote to -1.
> >>
> >> Jeff

> >> the

> >> PMC to

> >> Foundation's
> >> charged with
> >> related to
> >> distribution
> >> at

> >> Project",

> >> services;

> >> be and
> >> serve at
> >> the
> >> Apache
> >> responsibility of

> >> Blevins be
> >> and
> >> OpenEJB, to
> >> the
> >> Board
> >> until a

> >> hereby
> >> Apache

> >> Incubator
> >>

> > --
> > Thanks
> > - Mohammad Nour

- Mohammad Nour

Discuss initial list, was Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Jeff Genender-2
I changed this topic because I didn't want this discussion to muck up
the voting thread.

Mohammad, thanks for sharing your opinion.  I don't necessarily concur
that experience plays a part here as there were others with equal
experience who were not a part of this initial list.  But in all
honesty, this is not about experience, its about community.

We have people, such as yourself, who have been very active on this
project.  In fact you are one of the people who comes to my mind when I
think about folks who have been very active in being a part of this
project.  In my opinion I think you are a person who deserves to be a
part of this, as I believe anyone who has been active should be.  It is
my belief that there should be no line between a PMC and the committers
list, and especially in this case where the project is brand new.  IMHO,
this community has been pretty healthy, and starting off with a cherry
picked elite group is not the way to kick off strong community.  It
causes hurt feelings.

My point is that we all were a part of this community and helped to
incubate it, and we're all a part of its success. I do not thinks its
fair to ostracize any one who helped this become a reality, and it's
certainly not a good foot to start out on.

If my opinion on this is offensive to anyone, then my apologies.  But
thats just my opinion.

Jeff

Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Hi Jeff...
>
> I am new to this whole thing, but IMHO this is only an initial list, and it
> will be updated. The list contains suggested members for the project's PMC
> not committers at all levels. And even if some of the listed members were
> not so active recently but they are among most experienced people of this
> project. I am not commenting or arguing your decision, but I wanted to
> declare my opinion for two things, first you may send comments on my
> opinion
> and then I will learn :), second as part of my commitment to this team and
> it is a duty to declare my opinions which I hope they are for the
> benefit of
> this great team.
>
> On 4/3/07, Jeff Genender <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Actually...I have thought about this...and I have some reservations
>> about how this is graduating.
>>
>> I had to step back and look at the email lists and contributions, and
>> discussions of this project.  There are several folks who deserve to be
>> a part of this initial group.  I see people who have been much more
>> active than some on this initial list.  There have to be some hurt
>> feelings here, as I know I am.
>>
>> I don't believe this is a way to start off a project by making an elite
>> group.  It is against my ideals of having a special group, and its
>> somewhat of a slap in the face of those who have been contributing in
>> one form or another.
>>
>> Therefore, I am changing my vote to -1.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> Jeff Genender wrote:
>> > +1...but am I missing something...?
>> >
>> > Why am I not an initial member of the project?  I was there when the
>> > project was at Codehaus and have been an active contributor here at
>> > Apache.  Am I missing something?
>> >
>> > Jeff

>> Foundation's
>> with
>> at

>> Project",

>> services;

>> the
>> responsibility of

>> and
>> OpenEJB, to
>> Board
>> until a

Re: Discuss initial list, was Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi Jeff...

You are not offensive :) and we all care about each other and appreciate the
efforts of each other. As I told you I am new this whole thing, but I feel
that there is a misunderstanding in this whole issue. All, we need your
feedback here to make things more clear and erase any misunderstandings
here. comments please.

- Mohammad Nour

On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> We have people, such as yourself, who have been very active on this
> project.  In fact you are one of the people who comes to my mind
> when I
> think about folks who have been very active in being a part of this
> project.  In my opinion I think you are a person who deserves to be a
> part of this, as I believe anyone who has been active should be.
> It is
> my belief that there should be no line between a PMC and the
> committers
> list, and especially in this case where the project is brand new.
> IMHO,
> this community has been pretty healthy, and starting off with a cherry
> picked elite group is not the way to kick off strong community.

I understand your points above but there was ample time to discuss
this topic in Brett's original post (March 21st) about graduation and
David's original stab at the resolution (March 28th).  The time for
this discussion was on that thread.  I know that I have not been
actively following OpenEJB lately as I tend to be interested in doing
performance work and not building the container.  My last commits
were sometime last year I think.

Perhaps another approach would have been to solicit the community on
who wants to be responsible for the project and then we wouldn't have
started with a pre-defined list.  I expect David's intent was not to
be elitist but simply kick start the discussion.  (Although, David is
best equipped to comment on his thinking so speculating is probably
not profitable).

Regardless, The project has been working really well and has gotten a
lot of really good work done.  Communicated and worked together well.

I believe that the community will work out these issues as it moves
forward and that there was no malice intended and this is perhaps
more of a procedural boo boo.

Re: Discuss initial list, was Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi All...

I agree with Matt's opinion, whether what happened might be wrong or not,
the most important thing is the community and the teamwork, and we can talk
about that "boo boo" later :D

On 4/3/07, Matt Hogstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
> > We have people, such as yourself, who have been very active on this
> > project.  In fact you are one of the people who comes to my mind
> > when I
> > think about folks who have been very active in being a part of this
> > project.  In my opinion I think you are a person who deserves to be a
> > part of this, as I believe anyone who has been active should be.
> > It is
> > my belief that there should be no line between a PMC and the
> > committers
> > list, and especially in this case where the project is brand new.
> > IMHO,
> > this community has been pretty healthy, and starting off with a cherry
> > picked elite group is not the way to kick off strong community.
>
> I understand your points above but there was ample time to discuss
> this topic in Brett's original post (March 21st) about graduation and
> David's original stab at the resolution (March 28th).  The time for
> this discussion was on that thread.  I know that I have not been
> actively following OpenEJB lately as I tend to be interested in doing
> performance work and not building the container.  My last commits
> were sometime last year I think.
>
> Perhaps another approach would have been to solicit the community on
> who wants to be responsible for the project and then we wouldn't have
> started with a pre-defined list.  I expect David's intent was not to
> be elitist but simply kick start the discussion.  (Although, David is
> best equipped to comment on his thinking so speculating is probably
> not profitable).
>
> Regardless, The project has been working really well and has gotten a
> lot of really good work done.  Communicated and worked together well.
>
> I believe that the community will work out these issues as it moves
> forward and that there was no malice intended and this is perhaps
> more of a procedural boo boo.

- Mohammad Nour

Re: ****SPAM(7.8)**** Re: Discuss initial list, was Re: [vote] Request Graduation to a TLP

Jeff Genender-2
Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> We have people, such as yourself, who have been very active on this
>> project.  In fact you are one of the people who comes to my mind when I
>> think about folks who have been very active in being a part of this
>> project.  In my opinion I think you are a person who deserves to be a
>> part of this, as I believe anyone who has been active should be.  It is
>> my belief that there should be no line between a PMC and the committers
>> list, and especially in this case where the project is brand new.  IMHO,
>> this community has been pretty healthy, and starting off with a cherry
>> picked elite group is not the way to kick off strong community.
>
> I understand your points above but there was ample time to discuss this
> topic in Brett's original post (March 21st) about graduation and David's
> original stab at the resolution (March 28th).  The time for this
> discussion was on that thread.

I was unaware that there are time limits on threads...I don't recall
seeing one attached to that, and I certainly do not see any rule sets
regarding that.  I find your comment here unnecessary.

> I know that I have not been actively
> following OpenEJB lately as I tend to be interested in doing performance
> work and not building the container.  My last commits were sometime last
> year I think.

I guess that excludes you ;-)

> Perhaps another approach would have been to solicit the community on who
> wants to be responsible for the project and then we wouldn't have
> started with a pre-defined list.  I expect David's intent was not to be
> elitist but simply kick start the discussion.  (Although, David is best
> equipped to comment on his thinking so speculating is probably not
> profitable).

+1...and I would probably predict that a majority would step up and want
to continue to be a part of this.

> Regardless, The project has been working really well and has gotten a
> lot of really good work done.  Communicated and worked together well.
>
> I believe that the community will work out these issues as it moves
> forward and that there was no malice intended and this is perhaps more
> of a procedural boo boo.

I am certain no malice was intended.  But I think this is a bit more
than a procedural boo-boo.  It doesn't take a rocket science to see
there will be hurt feelings.  My vote stands. I will be the dissenting vote.

1234