tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
i am trying to use ApplicationComposer to create some tests.  CDI is
scanning the classes correctly but i am a little uncertain about how to
load a test database.

i was going to start by just loading the database as normal as it is a
copy of production database.  but how do i specify the username and
password or any other properties that are needed to connect to the db?

@ContainerProperties(@ContainerProperties.Property(name = "mydb", value
= "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb"))

is there a way to specify the resource in an xml file?

another question...is it better to start with Arquillian or
ApplicationComposer?

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
You can set the property openejb.location (or the other ones we have) to
point to an openejb.xml if you want. The advantage of the properties is
that it is filtered during the test and doesnt require a maven build but it
is up to you and depends the project setup.

Arquillian is great to test complete application*s* in a real server,
ApplicationComposer is good to test small parts of applications or
frameworks, TomEE,
TomEEEmbeddedSingleRunner is great to test a real app (single deployment
from the classpath + single test setup) and will save a lot of time.

Le ven. 22 juin 2018 à 09:03, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> i am trying to use ApplicationComposer to create some tests.  CDI is
> scanning the classes correctly but i am a little uncertain about how to
> load a test database.
>
> i was going to start by just loading the database as normal as it is a
> copy of production database.  but how do i specify the username and
> password or any other properties that are needed to connect to the db?
>
> @ContainerProperties(@ContainerProperties.Property(name = "mydb", value
> = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb"))
>
> is there a way to specify the resource in an xml file?
>
> another question...is it better to start with Arquillian or
> ApplicationComposer?

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
it sounds like Arquillian might be the best fit in my case.  can the
tests inject CDI beans from the webapps or does everything need to be
done through http?  looking at
https://tomee.apache.org/refcard/refcard.html "Simple Arquilian Test" it
looks as if beans can be injected...

is it possible to create the tests (or at least TomEE instance) in a
parent pom?  i need to run several webapps at once which are all modules
of the parent.  i think code is discouraged in parent project.

On 22/06/18 09:18, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> You can set the property openejb.location (or the other ones we have) to
> point to an openejb.xml if you want. The advantage of the properties is
> that it is filtered during the test and doesnt require a maven build but it
> is up to you and depends the project setup.
>
> Arquillian is great to test complete application*s* in a real server,
> ApplicationComposer is good to test small parts of applications or
> frameworks, TomEE,
> TomEEEmbeddedSingleRunner is great to test a real app (single deployment
> from the classpath + single test setup) and will save a lot of time.

> Le ven. 22 juin 2018 à 09:03, Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> i am trying to use ApplicationComposer to create some tests.  CDI is
>> scanning the classes correctly but i am a little uncertain about how to
>> load a test database.
>>
>> i was going to start by just loading the database as normal as it is a
>> copy of production database.  but how do i specify the username and
>> password or any other properties that are needed to connect to the db?
>>
>> @ContainerProperties(@ContainerProperties.Property(name = "mydb", value
>> = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb"))
>>
>> is there a way to specify the resource in an xml file?
>>
>> another question...is it better to start with Arquillian or
>> ApplicationComposer?

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
You can theorically but I'd recommand you to write it in the final module
instead of trying to use the parent which will be executed before any other
modules.

If A depends on B which depends on C then write your tests in A for the
complete app tests and write unit tests in B and C (potentially using
arquillian, appcomposer or even other solutions).

For reference:
http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/arquillian/index.html and
http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/index.html

Le ven. 22 juin 2018 à 09:42, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> it sounds like Arquillian might be the best fit in my case.  can the
> tests inject CDI beans from the webapps or does everything need to be
> done through http?  looking at
> https://tomee.apache.org/refcard/refcard.html "Simple Arquilian Test" it
> looks as if beans can be injected...
>
> is it possible to create the tests (or at least TomEE instance) in a
> parent pom?  i need to run several webapps at once which are all modules
> of the parent.  i think code is discouraged in parent project.

> > You can set the property openejb.location (or the other ones we have) to
> > point to an openejb.xml if you want. The advantage of the properties is
> > that it is filtered during the test and doesnt require a maven build but
> it
> > is up to you and depends the project setup.
> >
> > Arquillian is great to test complete application*s* in a real server,
> > ApplicationComposer is good to test small parts of applications or
> > frameworks, TomEE,
> > TomEEEmbeddedSingleRunner is great to test a real app (single deployment
> > from the classpath + single test setup) and will save a lot of time.

> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > <
> >

> > Le ven. 22 juin 2018 à 09:03, Matthew Broadhead
> > <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> i am trying to use ApplicationComposer to create some tests.  CDI is
> >> scanning the classes correctly but i am a little uncertain about how to
> >> load a test database.
> >>
> >> i was going to start by just loading the database as normal as it is a
> >> copy of production database.  but how do i specify the username and
> >> password or any other properties that are needed to connect to the db?
> >>
> >> @ContainerProperties(@ContainerProperties.Property(name = "mydb", value
> >> = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb"))
> >>
> >> is there a way to specify the resource in an xml file?
> >>
> >> another question...is it better to start with Arquillian or
> >> ApplicationComposer?

Re: tomee testing

agumbrecht
I use a resources.xml with property replacement syntax value:-default

The default values should be the local db, and these can be overridden by
env, -D and properties for prod.

Andy.

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
INFO: Downloading org.apache.tomee:apache-tomee:7.0.3:zip:plus please
wait...

i have an arquillian test running up ok but it is complaining
SEVERE - FATAL ERROR: Unknown error in Assembler.  Please send the
following stack trace and this message to [hidden email] :
  org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException: Unable to
resolve class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

is there any way to directly bring in the mysql driver from maven
central?  or do i need to download manually and put it into
src/test/tomee/lib?

On 22/06/18 10:03, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> You can theorically but I'd recommand you to write it in the final module
> instead of trying to use the parent which will be executed before any other
> modules.
>
> If A depends on B which depends on C then write your tests in A for the
> complete app tests and write unit tests in B and C (potentially using
> arquillian, appcomposer or even other solutions).
>
> For reference:
> http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/arquillian/index.html and
> http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/index.html

> Le ven. 22 juin 2018 à 09:42, Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> it sounds like Arquillian might be the best fit in my case.  can the
>> tests inject CDI beans from the webapps or does everything need to be
>> done through http?  looking at
>> https://tomee.apache.org/refcard/refcard.html "Simple Arquilian Test" it
>> looks as if beans can be injected...
>>
>> is it possible to create the tests (or at least TomEE instance) in a
>> parent pom?  i need to run several webapps at once which are all modules
>> of the parent.  i think code is discouraged in parent project.
>>

>> On 22/06/18 09:18, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> You can set the property openejb.location (or the other ones we have) to
>>> point to an openejb.xml if you want. The advantage of the properties is
>>> that it is filtered during the test and doesnt require a maven build but
>> it
>>> is up to you and depends the project setup.
>>>
>>> Arquillian is great to test complete application*s* in a real server,
>>> ApplicationComposer is good to test small parts of applications or
>>> frameworks, TomEE,
>>> TomEEEmbeddedSingleRunner is great to test a real app (single deployment
>>> from the classpath + single test setup) and will save a lot of time.
>>>
>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>>> <

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
You can add it in libs property of arquillian container config. Just prefix
the coords with mvn:.

Ex: mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-jav:version

It is a multiline property so you can add N libs to tomee lib this way

Le ven. 22 juin 2018 18:13, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> INFO: Downloading org.apache.tomee:apache-tomee:7.0.3:zip:plus please
> wait...
>
> i have an arquillian test running up ok but it is complaining
> SEVERE - FATAL ERROR: Unknown error in Assembler.  Please send the
> following stack trace and this message to [hidden email] :
>   org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException: Unable to
> resolve class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>
> is there any way to directly bring in the mysql driver from maven
> central?  or do i need to download manually and put it into
> src/test/tomee/lib?

> > You can theorically but I'd recommand you to write it in the final module
> > instead of trying to use the parent which will be executed before any
> other
> > modules.
> >
> > If A depends on B which depends on C then write your tests in A for the
> > complete app tests and write unit tests in B and C (potentially using
> > arquillian, appcomposer or even other solutions).
> >
> > For reference:
> > http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/arquillian/index.html and
> > http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/index.html

> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > <
> >

> > Le ven. 22 juin 2018 à 09:42, Matthew Broadhead
> > <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> it sounds like Arquillian might be the best fit in my case.  can the
> >> tests inject CDI beans from the webapps or does everything need to be
> >> done through http?  looking at
> >> https://tomee.apache.org/refcard/refcard.html "Simple Arquilian Test"
> it
> >> looks as if beans can be injected...
> >>
> >> is it possible to create the tests (or at least TomEE instance) in a
> >> parent pom?  i need to run several webapps at once which are all modules
> >> of the parent.  i think code is discouraged in parent project.

> but
> >> it

> deployment

> >> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |

> value

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
thanks i added it using
<property
name="additionalLibs">mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-java:5.1.33</property>

but i get these errors (which don't seem to stop execution)

fail to transform class:com/mysql/jdbc/AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread,
JSR/RET are not supported with computeFrames
optionjava.lang.RuntimeException: JSR/RET are not supported with
computeFrames option
     at org.apache.sirona.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
     at org.apache.sirona.asm.MethodWriter.visitJumpInsn(Unknown Source)

SEVERE - Can't create DataSource
java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of java/net/URLClassLoader):
attempted  duplicate class definition for name:
"com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl"

but this one is a stopper

SEVERE - CDI Beans module deployment failed
org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
[uk.me.kissy.sales.dao.QuoteTypeDao] is not found with the qualifiers
Qualifiers: [@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
for injection into Field Injection Point, field name : quoteTypeDao,
Bean Owner : [QuoteGeneratorArquillian, WebBeansType:ENTERPRISE,
Name:null, API
Types:[java.lang.Object,uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian],
Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

i tried enabling remote support as i am trying remote not embedded
tomee.remote.support = true
# tomee.serialization.class.blacklist = *
tomee.serialization.class.whitelist = *

On 22/06/18 18:44, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> You can add it in libs property of arquillian container config. Just prefix
> the coords with mvn:.
>
> Ex: mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-jav:version
>
> It is a multiline property so you can add N libs to tomee lib this way
>
> Le ven. 22 juin 2018 18:13, Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> INFO: Downloading org.apache.tomee:apache-tomee:7.0.3:zip:plus please
>> wait...
>>
>> i have an arquillian test running up ok but it is complaining
>> SEVERE - FATAL ERROR: Unknown error in Assembler.  Please send the
>> following stack trace and this message to [hidden email] :
>>    org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException: Unable to
>> resolve class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>>
>> is there any way to directly bring in the mysql driver from maven
>> central?  or do i need to download manually and put it into
>> src/test/tomee/lib?
>>

>> On 22/06/18 10:03, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> You can theorically but I'd recommand you to write it in the final module
>>> instead of trying to use the parent which will be executed before any
>> other
>>> modules.
>>>
>>> If A depends on B which depends on C then write your tests in A for the
>>> complete app tests and write unit tests in B and C (potentially using
>>> arquillian, appcomposer or even other solutions).
>>>
>>> For reference:
>>> http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/arquillian/index.html and
>>> http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/index.html
>>>
>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>>> <

>> it

>> but

>> deployment

>> value

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
Exclude mysql from sirona instrumentation. Its bytecode is not safe.

Le sam. 23 juin 2018 01:03, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> thanks i added it using
> <property
> name="additionalLibs">mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-java:5.1.33</property>
>
> but i get these errors (which don't seem to stop execution)
>
> fail to transform class:com/mysql/jdbc/AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread,
> JSR/RET are not supported with computeFrames
> optionjava.lang.RuntimeException: JSR/RET are not supported with
> computeFrames option
>      at org.apache.sirona.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.sirona.asm.MethodWriter.visitJumpInsn(Unknown Source)
>
> SEVERE - Can't create DataSource
> java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of java/net/URLClassLoader):
> attempted  duplicate class definition for name:
> "com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl"
>
> but this one is a stopper
>
> SEVERE - CDI Beans module deployment failed
> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
> javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
> [uk.me.kissy.sales.dao.QuoteTypeDao] is not found with the qualifiers
> Qualifiers: [@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
> for injection into Field Injection Point, field name : quoteTypeDao,
> Bean Owner : [QuoteGeneratorArquillian, WebBeansType:ENTERPRISE,
> Name:null, API
> Types:[java.lang.Object,uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian],
> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
>
> i tried enabling remote support as i am trying remote not embedded
> tomee.remote.support = true
> # tomee.serialization.class.blacklist = *
> tomee.serialization.class.whitelist = *

> > You can add it in libs property of arquillian container config. Just
> prefix
> > the coords with mvn:.
> >
> > Ex: mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-jav:version
> >
> > It is a multiline property so you can add N libs to tomee lib this way
> >
> > Le ven. 22 juin 2018 18:13, Matthew Broadhead
> > <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> INFO: Downloading org.apache.tomee:apache-tomee:7.0.3:zip:plus please
> >> wait...
> >>
> >> i have an arquillian test running up ok but it is complaining
> >> SEVERE - FATAL ERROR: Unknown error in Assembler.  Please send the
> >> following stack trace and this message to [hidden email] :
> >>    org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException: Unable to
> >> resolve class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> >>
> >> is there any way to directly bring in the mysql driver from maven
> >> central?  or do i need to download manually and put it into
> >> src/test/tomee/lib?

> module
> >> other

> >> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |

> >> it

> modules

> is
> >> but

> >> deployment

> is a
> db?

> >> value

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
hi, i checked http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sirona.html but i
couldn't find any documentation.  is sirona a requirement for
arquillian-tomee-remote?  i.e. is it necessary to monitor tests? if so,
then how do i exclude the mysql lib from the configuration?
<!-- we monitor the test with sirona -->
<property name="javaagent">
mvn:org.apache.sirona:sirona-javaagent:0.2-incubating:jar:shaded
</property>

On 23/06/18 08:15, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Exclude mysql from sirona instrumentation. Its bytecode is not safe.
>
> Le sam. 23 juin 2018 01:03, Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> thanks i added it using
>> <property
>> name="additionalLibs">mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-java:5.1.33</property>
>>
>> but i get these errors (which don't seem to stop execution)
>>
>> fail to transform class:com/mysql/jdbc/AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread,
>> JSR/RET are not supported with computeFrames
>> optionjava.lang.RuntimeException: JSR/RET are not supported with
>> computeFrames option
>>       at org.apache.sirona.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
>>       at org.apache.sirona.asm.MethodWriter.visitJumpInsn(Unknown Source)
>>
>> SEVERE - Can't create DataSource
>> java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of java/net/URLClassLoader):
>> attempted  duplicate class definition for name:
>> "com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl"
>>
>> but this one is a stopper
>>
>> SEVERE - CDI Beans module deployment failed
>> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
>> javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
>> [uk.me.kissy.sales.dao.QuoteTypeDao] is not found with the qualifiers
>> Qualifiers: [@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
>> for injection into Field Injection Point, field name : quoteTypeDao,
>> Bean Owner : [QuoteGeneratorArquillian, WebBeansType:ENTERPRISE,
>> Name:null, API
>> Types:[java.lang.Object,uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian],
>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
>>
>> i tried enabling remote support as i am trying remote not embedded
>> tomee.remote.support = true
>> # tomee.serialization.class.blacklist = *
>> tomee.serialization.class.whitelist = *
>>
>> On 22/06/18 18:44, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> You can add it in libs property of arquillian container config. Just
>> prefix
>>> the coords with mvn:.
>>>
>>> Ex: mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-jav:version
>>>
>>> It is a multiline property so you can add N libs to tomee lib this way

>> module

>> modules

>> is

>> is a
>> db?

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
It is not needed at all bit it appears in your stack. If it is a copy paste
just drop it ;)

Le sam. 23 juin 2018 10:05, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> hi, i checked http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sirona.html but i
> couldn't find any documentation.  is sirona a requirement for
> arquillian-tomee-remote?  i.e. is it necessary to monitor tests? if so,
> then how do i exclude the mysql lib from the configuration?
> <!-- we monitor the test with sirona -->
> <property name="javaagent">
> mvn:org.apache.sirona:sirona-javaagent:0.2-incubating:jar:shaded
> </property>

> > Exclude mysql from sirona instrumentation. Its bytecode is not safe.
> >
> > Le sam. 23 juin 2018 01:03, Matthew Broadhead
> > <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> thanks i added it using
> >> <property
> >> name="additionalLibs">mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-java:5.1.33</property>
> >>
> >> but i get these errors (which don't seem to stop execution)
> >>
> >> fail to transform class:com/mysql/jdbc/AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread,
> >> JSR/RET are not supported with computeFrames
> >> optionjava.lang.RuntimeException: JSR/RET are not supported with
> >> computeFrames option
> >>       at org.apache.sirona.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
> >>       at org.apache.sirona.asm.MethodWriter.visitJumpInsn(Unknown
> Source)
> >>
> >> SEVERE - Can't create DataSource
> >> java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of java/net/URLClassLoader):
> >> attempted  duplicate class definition for name:
> >> "com/mysql/jdbc/ConnectionImpl"
> >>
> >> but this one is a stopper
> >>
> >> SEVERE - CDI Beans module deployment failed
> >> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
> >> javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
> >> [uk.me.kissy.sales.dao.QuoteTypeDao] is not found with the qualifiers
> >> Qualifiers: [@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
> >> for injection into Field Injection Point, field name : quoteTypeDao,
> >> Bean Owner : [QuoteGeneratorArquillian, WebBeansType:ENTERPRISE,
> >> Name:null, API
> >> Types:[java.lang.Object,uk.me
> .kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian],
> >>
> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
> >>
> >> i tried enabling remote support as i am trying remote not embedded
> >> tomee.remote.support = true
> >> # tomee.serialization.class.blacklist = *
> >> tomee.serialization.class.whitelist = *

> >> prefix

> >> module

> the

> be
> Test"

> >> modules

> have)
> properties
> >> is
> build

> server,
> time.

> is
> how

> >> is a
> and
> >> db?

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
i got the sample configuration from
http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/arquillian/index.html under
remote section.

now my problem is that i can't inject the CDI bean
SEVERE - CDI Beans module deployment failed
org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
[uk.me.kissy.sales.dao.QuoteTypeDao] is not found with the qualifiers
Qualifiers: [@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
for injection into Field Injection Point, field name : quoteTypeDao,
Bean Owner : [QuoteGeneratorArquillian, WebBeansType:ENTERPRISE,
Name:null, API
Types:[uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian,java.lang.Object],
Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
     at
org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(BeansDeployer.java:327)
     at
org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)

i created the @Deployment using
@Inject
     private QuoteTypeDao quoteTypeDao;

     @Deployment(name = "archive")
     public static WebArchive war() {
         return ShrinkWrap.create(WebArchive.class,
"test.war").addAsWebInfResource(EmptyAsset.INSTANCE, "beans.xml")
                 .addClasses(QuoteTypeDao.class);
     }

     @Test
     @OperateOnDeployment("archive")
     public void test1() {
         Quote quote = new Quote();
         Promotion promotion = null;
         List<QuoteType> quoteTypeList =
quoteTypeDao.selectQuoteTypes(promotion, true);
         System.out.println("Quote type list size: " +
quoteTypeList.size());
         for (QuoteType quoteType : quoteTypeList) {
             System.out.println(quoteType.getName());
             // quoteGeneratorDao.generateQuote(quote, promotion,
             // quoteType.getQuoteTypeCategories(), quoteQuestions,
             // quoteInit, true);
             assertEquals(0, 1);
         }
         assertEquals(0, 1);
     }

can i not inject a CDI bean into the test using arquillian-tomee-remote?

On 23/06/18 10:17, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> It is not needed at all bit it appears in your stack. If it is a copy paste
> just drop it ;)
>
> Le sam. 23 juin 2018 10:05, Matthew Broadhead
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> hi, i checked http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sirona.html but i
>> couldn't find any documentation.  is sirona a requirement for
>> arquillian-tomee-remote?  i.e. is it necessary to monitor tests? if so,
>> then how do i exclude the mysql lib from the configuration?
>> <!-- we monitor the test with sirona -->
>> <property name="javaagent">
>> mvn:org.apache.sirona:sirona-javaagent:0.2-incubating:jar:shaded
>> </property>
>>
>> On 23/06/18 08:15, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> Exclude mysql from sirona instrumentation. Its bytecode is not safe.

>> Source)

>> .kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian],
>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

>> the

>> be
>> Test"

>> have)
>> properties
>> build

>> server,
>> time.

>> is
>> how

>> and

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
You can but you need to add all the object graph in the archive. Here you
miss an injection it seems (in your dao?).

Side note: operatesondeployment and naming your archive is not needed here.
It is useful when you deploy N > 1 archives.

Le sam. 23 juin 2018 12:54, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
> > It is not needed at all bit it appears in your stack. If it is a copy
> paste
> > just drop it ;)
> >
> > Le sam. 23 juin 2018 10:05, Matthew Broadhead
> > <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> hi, i checked http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sirona.html but i
> >> couldn't find any documentation.  is sirona a requirement for
> >> arquillian-tomee-remote?  i.e. is it necessary to monitor tests? if so,
> >> then how do i exclude the mysql lib from the configuration?
> >> <!-- we monitor the test with sirona -->
> >> <property name="javaagent">
> >> mvn:org.apache.sirona:sirona-javaagent:0.2-incubating:jar:shaded
> >> </property>

> class:com/mysql/jdbc/AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread,
> >> Source)

> >> .kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian],
> >>
> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
do i need to copy the persistence.xml to src/test/resources/META-INF?
or can i specify its location somewhere in config?

SEVERE - FAIL ... sales:    Missing required persistence.xml for
@PersistenceUnit ref "entityManagerFactory" to unit "sales"
SEVERE - Invalid EjbModule(name=sales,
path=/home/matthew/git/case-management/sales/target/working-dir/0/sales)
SEVERE - FAIL ... sales:    Missing required persistence.xml for
@PersistenceUnit ref "entityManagerFactory" to unit "sales"
SEVERE - Invalid WebModule(name=sales,
path=/home/matthew/git/case-management/sales/target/working-dir/0/sales)
INFO - Set the 'openejb.validation.output.level' system property to
VERBOSE for increased validation details.
SEVERE - Unable to deploy collapsed ear in war
StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/sales]
org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationFailedException: Module failed
validation. AppModule(name=sales)
     at
org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults.deploy(ReportValidationResults.java:88)
     at
org.apache.openejb.config.AppInfoBuilder.build(AppInfoBuilder.java:322)

On 23/06/18 13:30, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> [...]
>>           System.out.println("Quote type list size: " +
>> quoteTypeList.size());
>>           for (QuoteType quoteType : quoteTypeList) {
>>               System.out.println(quoteType.getName());
>>               // quoteGeneratorDao.generateQuote(quote, promotion,
>>               // quoteType.getQuoteTypeCategories(), quoteQuestions,
>>               // quoteInit, true);
>>               assertEquals(0, 1);
>>           }
>>           assertEquals(0, 1);
>>       }
>>
>> can i not inject a CDI bean into the test using arquillian-tomee-remote?
>>
>> On 23/06/18 10:17, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> It is not needed at all bit it appears in your stack. If it is a copy
>> paste
>>> just drop it ;)

>> class:com/mysql/jdbc/AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread,

>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
ah ok.  i found
.addAsManifestResource(new ClassLoaderAsset("META-INF/persistence.xml"),
"persistence.xml")

in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/trunk/examples/arquillian-jpa/src/test/java/org/superbiz/arquillian/test/persistence/PersistenceTest.java

but now i am back to
SEVERE - CDI Beans module deployment failed
org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansDeploymentException:
javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api type
[uk.me.kissy.sales.dao.QuoteTypeDao] is not found with the qualifiers
Qualifiers: [@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
for injection into Field Injection Point, field name : quoteTypeDao,
Bean Owner : [QuoteGeneratorArquillian, WebBeansType:ENTERPRISE,
Name:null, API
Types:[uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian,java.lang.Object],
Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
     at
org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(BeansDeployer.java:327)

so i must have missed a required class somewhere

On 23/06/18 18:53, Matthew Broadhead wrote:

> [...]
>>>           Quote quote = new Quote();
>>>           Promotion promotion = null;
>>>           List<QuoteType> quoteTypeList =
>>> quoteTypeDao.selectQuoteTypes(promotion, true);
>>>           System.out.println("Quote type list size: " +
>>> quoteTypeList.size());
>>>           for (QuoteType quoteType : quoteTypeList) {
>>>               System.out.println(quoteType.getName());
>>>               // quoteGeneratorDao.generateQuote(quote, promotion,
>>>               // quoteType.getQuoteTypeCategories(), quoteQuestions,
>>>               // quoteInit, true);
>>>               assertEquals(0, 1);
>>>           }
>>>           assertEquals(0, 1);
>>>       }
>>>
>>> can i not inject a CDI bean into the test using
>>> arquillian-tomee-remote?

>>> paste

>>> class:com/mysql/jdbc/AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread,

>>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
You need all your tested app needs (this is why classpath deploypent
solutions are easier to maintain).

Maybe import our ziplock lib and use Mvn.Builder class if you are maven
based. It can help.

Le sam. 23 juin 2018 20:09, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
> >     at
> > org.apache.openejb.config.AppInfoBuilder.build(AppInfoBuilder.java:322)
> >
> > On 23/06/18 13:30, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> >> You can but you need to add all the object graph in the archive. Here
> >> you
> >> miss an injection it seems (in your dao?).
> >>
> >> Side note: operatesondeployment and naming your archive is not needed
> >> here.
> >> It is useful when you deploy N > 1 archives.

> Types:[uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian,java.lang.Object],
> >>>

> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)

> name="additionalLibs">mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-java:5.1.33</property>

> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
not much luck with arquillian.  i am trying ApplicationComposer again.
now i understand the properties format
@ContainerProperties({ @ContainerProperties.Property(name = "sales",
value = "new://Resource?type=DataSource"),
         @ContainerProperties.Property(name = "sales.JdbcDriver", value
= "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"),
         @ContainerProperties.Property(name = "sales.JdbcUrl", value =
"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sales"),
         @ContainerProperties.Property(name = "sales.Username", value =
"admin"),
         @ContainerProperties.Property(name = "sales.Password", value =
"blahblah") })

but now i get
org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.PropertyEditorException: Unable to
resolve class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
     at
org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.ClassEditor.toObjectImpl(ClassEditor.java:43)
     at
org.apache.xbean.propertyeditor.AbstractConverter.toObject(AbstractConverter.java:86)

how to bundle the mysql driver?  i tried
@Jars("mysql")

On 23/06/18 21:58, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> [...]
>>> SEVERE - Unable to deploy collapsed ear in war
>>> StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/sales]
>>> org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationFailedException: Module failed
>>> validation. AppModule(name=sales)
>>>      at
>>>
>> org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults.deploy(ReportValidationResults.java:88)
>>>      at
>>> org.apache.openejb.config.AppInfoBuilder.build(AppInfoBuilder.java:322)

>> Types:[uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian,java.lang.Object],
>>>>>
>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
>>>>>

>> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)

>> name="additionalLibs">mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-java:5.1.33</property>

>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
Appcopposer loads classes in the classpath so add it as a test dependency.

Le dim. 24 juin 2018 11:37, Matthew Broadhead
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
> >>>
> StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/sales]
> >>>

> org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults.deploy(ReportValidationResults.java:88)

> under

> Types:[uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian,java.lang.Object],
> >>>>>

> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
> >>>>>
> org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(BeansDeployer.java:327)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)

> copy

> but i

> safe.

> >> name="additionalLibs">mvn:mysql:mysql-connector-java:5.1.33</property>

> org.apache.sirona.asm.MethodWriter.visitJumpInsn(Unknown

> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

Re: tomee testing

Matthew Broadhead-2
i tried adding test scope to pom.xml
<dependency>
             <groupId>mysql</groupId>
<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
<version>${mysql.connector.version}</version>
             <scope>test</scope>
         </dependency>

also added mysql-connector-java-5.1.33.jar to the root of
src/test/resources but i still get
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: mysql not found in classpath
     at
org.apache.openejb.testing.ApplicationComposers.findFiles(ApplicationComposers.java:1020)
     at
org.apache.openejb.testing.ApplicationComposers.addWebApp(ApplicationComposers.java:899)
     at
org.apache.openejb.testing.ApplicationComposers.deployApp(ApplicationComposers.java:651)

On 24/06/18 12:01, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> [...]
>>>>>
>> path=/home/matthew/git/case-management/sales/target/working-dir/0/sales)
>>>>>
>> StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/sales]
>>>>>
>> org.apache.openejb.config.ReportValidationResults.deploy(ReportValidationResults.java:88)

>> under

>> Types:[uk.me.kissy.sales.test.QuoteGeneratorArquillian,java.lang.Object],
>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]
>>>>>>>
>> org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer.deploy(BeansDeployer.java:327)
>>>>>>>

>> org.apache.openejb.cdi.OpenEJBLifecycle.startApplication(OpenEJBLifecycle.java:196)

>> copy

>> but i

>> safe.

>> org.apache.sirona.asm.MethodWriter.visitJumpInsn(Unknown

>> Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Default,javax.enterprise.inject.Any]]

Re: tomee testing

Romain Manni-Bucau
you don't need @Jars for that

why you get an exception is cause appcomposers knows mysql has no EE
classes so it is excluded from the "find" logic. @Jars means "grab the jars
matching this prefix and scan them to include them in the deployed app".

12