tomee and jdk14

cocorossello
This post was updated on .
Hi,

Just for curiosity, I tried tomee with jdk14 (upgrading xbean). I found that
the java.security.acl package is removed from jdk14
(https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191138  ) and
java.security.acl.Group is referenced in AbstractSecurityService (I don't
know if it is used somewhere else).

I've tried to patch it making AbstractSecurityService.Group implement Principal
instead of java.security.acl.Group and everything works, at least in my
environment, but I don't know about other setups.

Is it ok? Care for a PR with this patch?

Best regards,
Vicente.

Re: tomee and jdk14

jgallimore
> Is it ok? Care for a PR with this patch?

A big yes please! Thank you for catching this!

Jon

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 11:10 AM cocorossello <[hidden email]>

> Just for curiosity, I tried tomee with jdk14 (upgrading xbean). I found
> that
> the java.security.acl package is removed from jdk14
> (https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191138  ) and
> java.security.acl.Group is referenced in AbstractSecurityService (I don't
> know if it is used somewhere else).
>
> I've tried to patch it making AbstractSecurityService implement Principal
> instead of java.security.acl.Group and everything works, at least in my
> environment, but I don't know about other setups.
>
> Is it ok? Care for a PR with this patch?
>
> Best regards,
> Vicente.

Re: tomee and jdk14

cocorossello
Hi,

I have created the JIRA ticket, I will do the patch this weekend.

Re: tomee and jdk14

jgallimore
That's awesome, thank you!