starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
Rolling a 7.0.5 release now.

Doing this on my linux box, so I hope I didn't forget to setup anything.
LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
 And blowing up badly :(

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated: ${tomee.version} -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated: ${tomee.version}

LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
 while fixing the versions of almost all our examples I found the following parent pom
<parent>
  <groupId>org.tomitribe</groupId>
  <artifactId>oss-parent</artifactId>
  <version>2</version>
</parent>

do we really want this?I thought our examples should be self-contained, isn't?
Guess that's just an oversight and a leftover from a code donation?
txs and LieGrue,strub

    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:49:40 CEST, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

  And blowing up badly :(

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated: ${tomee.version} -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated: ${tomee.version}

    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:15:06 CEST, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Rolling a 7.0.5 release now.

Doing this on my linux box, so I hope I didn't forget to setup anything.
LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

jgallimore
Definitely a left over, they should be self contained.

Jon

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:04 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  while fixing the versions of almost all our examples I found the
> following parent pom
> <parent>
>   <groupId>org.tomitribe</groupId>
>   <artifactId>oss-parent</artifactId>
>   <version>2</version>
> </parent>
>

> do we really want this?I thought our examples should be self-contained,
> isn't?
> Guess that's just an oversight and a leftover from a code donation?
> txs and LieGrue,strub
>
>     On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:49:40 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   And blowing up badly :(
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli)
> on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> ${tomee.version} -> [Help 1]
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
> goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
> (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> ${tomee.version}
>

>     On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:15:06 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Rolling a 7.0.5 release now.
>
> Doing this on my linux box, so I hope I didn't forget to setup anything.
> LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
 it's license is ALv2, so not a biggie.
Do you put it onto your list, Jon?
txs and LieGrue,strub

    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 22:11:23 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Definitely a left over, they should be self contained.

Jon

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:04 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  while fixing the versions of almost all our examples I found the
> following parent pom
> <parent>
>  <groupId>org.tomitribe</groupId>
>  <artifactId>oss-parent</artifactId>
>  <version>2</version>
> </parent>
>

> do we really want this?I thought our examples should be self-contained,
> isn't?
> Guess that's just an oversight and a leftover from a code donation?
> txs and LieGrue,strub
>
>    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:49:40 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  And blowing up badly :(
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli)
> on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> ${tomee.version} -> [Help 1]
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
> goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
> (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> ${tomee.version}
>

>    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:15:06 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Rolling a 7.0.5 release now.
>
> Doing this on my linux box, so I hope I didn't forget to setup anything.
> LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
 I'm giving up for today. The samples not being in the parent chain somehow is completely weird.This did never get released with mvn release:prepare + perform, right?
I suggest to remove all the examples and place them in a dedicated GIT repo.They also seem to randomly pull in dependencies from all over the place.
I'll continue to try tomorrow evening.
LieGrue,strub

    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 22:57:41 CEST, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

  it's license is ALv2, so not a biggie.
Do you put it onto your list, Jon?
txs and LieGrue,strub

    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 22:11:23 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Definitely a left over, they should be self contained.

Jon

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:04 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  while fixing the versions of almost all our examples I found the
> following parent pom
> <parent>
>  <groupId>org.tomitribe</groupId>
>  <artifactId>oss-parent</artifactId>
>  <version>2</version>
> </parent>
>

> do we really want this?I thought our examples should be self-contained,
> isn't?
> Guess that's just an oversight and a leftover from a code donation?
> txs and LieGrue,strub
>
>    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:49:40 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  And blowing up badly :(
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli)
> on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> ${tomee.version} -> [Help 1]
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
> goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
> (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> ${tomee.version}
>

>    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:15:06 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Rolling a 7.0.5 release now.
>
> Doing this on my linux box, so I hope I didn't forget to setup anything.
> LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Sure, I'll take a look tomorrow morning.

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:57 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  it's license is ALv2, so not a biggie.
> Do you put it onto your list, Jon?
> txs and LieGrue,strub
>
>     On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 22:11:23 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Definitely a left over, they should be self contained.
>
> Jon
>
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:04 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >  while fixing the versions of almost all our examples I found the
> > following parent pom
> > <parent>
> >  <groupId>org.tomitribe</groupId>
> >  <artifactId>oss-parent</artifactId>
> >  <version>2</version>
> > </parent>
> >

> > do we really want this?I thought our examples should be self-contained,
> > isn't?
> > Guess that's just an oversight and a leftover from a code donation?
> > txs and LieGrue,strub
> >
> >    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:49:40 CEST, Mark Struberg
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  And blowing up badly :(
> >

> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare (default-cli)
> > on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> > ${tomee.version} -> [Help 1]
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
> > goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
> > (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> > ${tomee.version}
> >

> >    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:15:06 CEST, Mark Struberg
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  Rolling a 7.0.5 release now.
> >
> > Doing this on my linux box, so I hope I didn't forget to setup anything.
> > LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Dropping the example will require to move their tests in the main chain
since they are part of our coverage.

Also note you probably dont want to use release plugin cause running the
test (with -Pall-adapters if you respect the plugin philosophy) is quite
long (should be ~3h x2). Just tag and deploy manually from a green build on
the CI, this is more reliable for tomee.

Le mer. 20 juin 2018 00:14, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Sure, I'll take a look tomorrow morning.
>
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:57 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >  it's license is ALv2, so not a biggie.
> > Do you put it onto your list, Jon?
> > txs and LieGrue,strub
> >
> >     On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 22:11:23 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  Definitely a left over, they should be self contained.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:04 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >  while fixing the versions of almost all our examples I found the
> > > following parent pom
> > > <parent>
> > >  <groupId>org.tomitribe</groupId>
> > >  <artifactId>oss-parent</artifactId>
> > >  <version>2</version>
> > > </parent>
> > >

> > > do we really want this?I thought our examples should be self-contained,
> > > isn't?
> > > Guess that's just an oversight and a leftover from a code donation?
> > > txs and LieGrue,strub
> > >
> > >    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:49:40 CEST, Mark Struberg
> > > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > >  And blowing up badly :(
> > >

> > > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
> (default-cli)
> > > on project tomee-project: The version could not be updated:
> > > ${tomee.version} -> [Help 1]
> > > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
> execute
> > > goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
> > > (default-cli) on project tomee-project: The version could not be
> updated:
> > > ${tomee.version}
> > >

> > >    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 21:15:06 CEST, Mark Struberg
> > > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > >  Rolling a 7.0.5 release now.
> > >
> > > Doing this on my linux box, so I hope I didn't forget to setup
> anything.
> > > LieGrue,strub

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
A build should work out of the box and not require 2 weeks of first fixing sporadically broken unit tests.

And a release usually should be

$> mvn release:prepare
$> mvn release:perform

that's it.

Everything else is not really user friendly and will make it harder for any new committer to get on board.
I get the argument test coverage. But some of these examples still use the javaee6 apis, etc...

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 20.06.2018 um 06:48 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dropping the example will require to move their tests in the main chain
> since they are part of our coverage.
>
> Also note you probably dont want to use release plugin cause running the
> test (with -Pall-adapters if you respect the plugin philosophy) is quite
> long (should be ~3h x2). Just tag and deploy manually from a green build on
> the CI, this is more reliable for tomee.
>
> Le mer. 20 juin 2018 00:14, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> Sure, I'll take a look tomorrow morning.
>>
>> On Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 21:57 Mark Struberg, <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> it's license is ALv2, so not a biggie.
>>> Do you put it onto your list, Jon?
>>> txs and LieGrue,strub
>>>
>>>    On Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 22:11:23 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Definitely a left over, they should be self contained.
>>>
>>> Jon

>> (default-cli)
>> execute
>> updated:

>> anything.

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Le mer. 20 juin 2018 à 07:59, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> A build should work out of the box and not require 2 weeks of first fixing
> sporadically broken unit tests.

A long time ago we agree the CI was the platform of truth. Indeed the fixes
are welcomed but we cant run the 13h of build locally each time (yes TCK
are part of our project quality and therefore should be considered part of
our build ;))

> And a release usually should be
>
> $> mvn release:prepare
> $> mvn release:perform

Doesn't fit tomee cause of the lifecycle of these two tasks which are
design but centralized sources (not git which allows to bypass part of the
loonngg steps by design).
Feel free to update the doc to the actual procedure if the existing pages
are not that great but these steps are not the real issue we hit. The one
we face is generally the review since we have a lot (did I say a lot? ;))
of artifacts and this is why it got tooled in the "tools" repo (sub svn
tree).

Feel free to ping me if you need help to push the artifacts, can have a
spot in the day today for that (likely beginning of the afternoon, after it
will be hard for me).

> that's it.
>
> Everything else is not really user friendly and will make it harder for
> any new committer to get on board.
> I get the argument test coverage. But some of these examples still use the
> javaee6 apis, etc...
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
> > Am 20.06.2018 um 06:48 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> > Dropping the example will require to move their tests in the main chain
> > since they are part of our coverage.
> >
> > Also note you probably dont want to use release plugin cause running the
> > test (with -Pall-adapters if you respect the plugin philosophy) is quite
> > long (should be ~3h x2). Just tag and deploy manually from a green build
> on
> > the CI, this is more reliable for tomee.
> >
> > Le mer. 20 juin 2018 00:14, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]>
> > a écrit :
> >
> >> Sure, I'll take a look tomorrow morning.

> self-contained,

> >> (default-cli)
> >> execute
> >> updated:

> >> anything.

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
++1
I am a big supporter of easy build of the full system with couple of
commands.
What can we do to ease the build?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> A build should work out of the box and not require 2 weeks of first fixing
> sporadically broken unit tests.
>
> And a release usually should be
>
> $> mvn release:prepare
> $> mvn release:perform
>
> that's it.
>
> Everything else is not really user friendly and will make it harder for
> any new committer to get on board.
> I get the argument test coverage. But some of these examples still use the
> javaee6 apis, etc...
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
> > Am 20.06.2018 um 06:48 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> > Dropping the example will require to move their tests in the main chain
> > since they are part of our coverage.
> >
> > Also note you probably dont want to use release plugin cause running the
> > test (with -Pall-adapters if you respect the plugin philosophy) is quite
> > long (should be ~3h x2). Just tag and deploy manually from a green build
> on
> > the CI, this is more reliable for tomee.
> >
> > Le mer. 20 juin 2018 00:14, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]>
> > a écrit :
> >
> >> Sure, I'll take a look tomorrow morning.

> self-contained,

> >> (default-cli)
> >> execute
> >> updated:

> >> anything.

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Romain, do you mean that each release running with TCK takes 13h?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 9:33 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Le mer. 20 juin 2018 à 07:59, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > A build should work out of the box and not require 2 weeks of first
> fixing
> > sporadically broken unit tests.
> >

> A long time ago we agree the CI was the platform of truth. Indeed the fixes
> are welcomed but we cant run the 13h of build locally each time (yes TCK
> are part of our project quality and therefore should be considered part of
> our build ;))
>

> > And a release usually should be
> >
> > $> mvn release:prepare
> > $> mvn release:perform
> >

> Doesn't fit tomee cause of the lifecycle of these two tasks which are
> design but centralized sources (not git which allows to bypass part of the
> loonngg steps by design).
> Feel free to update the doc to the actual procedure if the existing pages
> are not that great but these steps are not the real issue we hit. The one
> we face is generally the review since we have a lot (did I say a lot? ;))
> of artifacts and this is why it got tooled in the "tools" repo (sub svn
> tree).
>
> Feel free to ping me if you need help to push the artifacts, can have a
> spot in the day today for that (likely beginning of the afternoon, after it
> will be hard for me).
>

> > that's it.
> >
> > Everything else is not really user friendly and will make it harder for
> > any new committer to get on board.
> > I get the argument test coverage. But some of these examples still use
> the
> > javaee6 apis, etc...
> >
> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > > Am 20.06.2018 um 06:48 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]
> > >:
> > >
> > > Dropping the example will require to move their tests in the main chain
> > > since they are part of our coverage.
> > >
> > > Also note you probably dont want to use release plugin cause running
> the
> > > test (with -Pall-adapters if you respect the plugin philosophy) is
> quite
> > > long (should be ~3h x2). Just tag and deploy manually from a green
> build
> > on
> > > the CI, this is more reliable for tomee.
> > >
> > > Le mer. 20 juin 2018 00:14, Jonathan Gallimore <
> > [hidden email]>

> > self-contained,

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Last time i checked it was 3h of tck - assuming you have the setup - and 3h
of tomee build (all-adapters profile to ensure we cover all tomee flavors
and not only one as in the default build).

However 3h of tck is due to a highly parallel execution (kudo David) and
will not be that few without the full infra. So if you want to check some
coverage it easily takes that much or more yes.

Le jeu. 21 juin 2018 07:30, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Romain, do you mean that each release running with TCK takes 13h?
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 9:33 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Le mer. 20 juin 2018 à 07:59, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> > écrit :
> >
> > > A build should work out of the box and not require 2 weeks of first
> > fixing
> > > sporadically broken unit tests.
> > >

> > A long time ago we agree the CI was the platform of truth. Indeed the
> fixes
> > are welcomed but we cant run the 13h of build locally each time (yes TCK
> > are part of our project quality and therefore should be considered part
> of
> > our build ;))
> >

> > > And a release usually should be
> > >
> > > $> mvn release:prepare
> > > $> mvn release:perform
> > >

> > Doesn't fit tomee cause of the lifecycle of these two tasks which are
> > design but centralized sources (not git which allows to bypass part of
> the
> > loonngg steps by design).
> > Feel free to update the doc to the actual procedure if the existing pages
> > are not that great but these steps are not the real issue we hit. The one
> > we face is generally the review since we have a lot (did I say a lot? ;))
> > of artifacts and this is why it got tooled in the "tools" repo (sub svn
> > tree).
> >
> > Feel free to ping me if you need help to push the artifacts, can have a
> > spot in the day today for that (likely beginning of the afternoon, after
> it
> > will be hard for me).
> >

> > > that's it.
> > >
> > > Everything else is not really user friendly and will make it harder for
> > > any new committer to get on board.
> > > I get the argument test coverage. But some of these examples still use
> > the
> > > javaee6 apis, etc...
> > >
> > > LieGrue,
> > > strub

> > [hidden email]

> chain

> > the
> > quite
> > build
> > > on

> > > [hidden email]>

> <[hidden email]

> > > self-contained,
> donation?

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Aha 3 h is ok, assumed 13 h :) Actually I was running the TCK in my laptop
less than 3h

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Last time i checked it was 3h of tck - assuming you have the setup - and 3h
> of tomee build (all-adapters profile to ensure we cover all tomee flavors
> and not only one as in the default build).
>
> However 3h of tck is due to a highly parallel execution (kudo David) and
> will not be that few without the full infra. So if you want to check some
> coverage it easily takes that much or more yes.
>
> Le jeu. 21 juin 2018 07:30, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Romain, do you mean that each release running with TCK takes 13h?
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 9:33 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <

> > > fixing
> > > >

> > > A long time ago we agree the CI was the platform of truth. Indeed the
> > fixes
> > > are welcomed but we cant run the 13h of build locally each time (yes
> TCK
> > > are part of our project quality and therefore should be considered part
> > of
> > > our build ;))

> > > Doesn't fit tomee cause of the lifecycle of these two tasks which are
> > > design but centralized sources (not git which allows to bypass part of
> > the
> > > loonngg steps by design).
> > > Feel free to update the doc to the actual procedure if the existing
> pages
> > > are not that great but these steps are not the real issue we hit. The
> one
> > > we face is generally the review since we have a lot (did I say a lot?
> ;))
> > > of artifacts and this is why it got tooled in the "tools" repo (sub svn
> > > tree).
> > >
> > > Feel free to ping me if you need help to push the artifacts, can have a
> > > spot in the day today for that (likely beginning of the afternoon,
> after
> > it
> > > will be hard for me).

> for
> use
> > > the

> > > [hidden email]

> > chain

> running
> > > the
> > > quite
> > > build

> <[hidden email]

> > <[hidden email]

> > donation?

> prepare

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hmm, bval and cdi tck right? This is almost nothing of ee tck coverage
sadly.

Le jeu. 21 juin 2018 08:22, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Aha 3 h is ok, assumed 13 h :) Actually I was running the TCK in my laptop
> less than 3h
>
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Last time i checked it was 3h of tck - assuming you have the setup - and
> 3h
> > of tomee build (all-adapters profile to ensure we cover all tomee flavors
> > and not only one as in the default build).
> >
> > However 3h of tck is due to a highly parallel execution (kudo David) and
> > will not be that few without the full infra. So if you want to check some
> > coverage it easily takes that much or more yes.
> >
> > Le jeu. 21 juin 2018 07:30, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
> >
> > > Romain, do you mean that each release running with TCK takes 13h?
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 9:33 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> > [hidden email]

> <[hidden email]

> > > fixes
> > TCK
> part
> > > of

> of
> > > the
> > pages
> > one
> > ;))
> svn

> have a
> > after
> > > it

> > for
> > use

> > > chain

> > running
> is
> green

> > <[hidden email]

> <

> > > <[hidden email]

> the

> > > donation?

> > prepare
> be

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
No, full Web Profile Java EE TCK

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hmm, bval and cdi tck right? This is almost nothing of ee tck coverage
> sadly.
>
> Le jeu. 21 juin 2018 08:22, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Aha 3 h is ok, assumed 13 h :) Actually I was running the TCK in my
> laptop
> > less than 3h
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <

> > > Last time i checked it was 3h of tck - assuming you have the setup -
> and
> > 3h
> > > of tomee build (all-adapters profile to ensure we cover all tomee
> flavors
> > > and not only one as in the default build).
> > >
> > > However 3h of tck is due to a highly parallel execution (kudo David)
> and
> > > will not be that few without the full infra. So if you want to check
> some
> > > coverage it easily takes that much or more yes.

> > > [hidden email]

> > <[hidden email]

> first

> the
> (yes
> > > TCK
> > part

> are
> > of
> > > pages
> The
> > > one
> lot?
> > > ;))
> > svn

> > have a
> > > after

> harder
> > > for
> still
> > > use

> main

> > > running
> > is
> > green

> > > <[hidden email]

> Gallimore
> > <

> > the

> Failed
> > > prepare
> not
> > be

> setup

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
yes, the local build on my 2600X takes 42 minutes including all the Bean Validation and CDI TCKs.
But the full EE6 TCK is run on literally 100s of spot instances (donated by Tomitribe afaik).
The full TCK is only available under NDA so only a handful people have access to it otoh :(

This is what I strongly assume to change with JakartaEE!
After that we will be able to openly give access to the TCK results as well.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 21.06.2018 um 08:22 schrieb Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]>:
>
> Aha 3 h is ok, assumed 13 h :) Actually I was running the TCK in my laptop
> less than 3h
>
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Last time i checked it was 3h of tck - assuming you have the setup - and 3h
>> of tomee build (all-adapters profile to ensure we cover all tomee flavors
>> and not only one as in the default build).
>>
>> However 3h of tck is due to a highly parallel execution (kudo David) and
>> will not be that few without the full infra. So if you want to check some
>> coverage it easily takes that much or more yes.
>>
>> Le jeu. 21 juin 2018 07:30, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Romain, do you mean that each release running with TCK takes 13h?
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 9:33 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>> [hidden email]

>>> fixes
>> TCK
>>> of

>>> the
>> pages
>> one
>> ;))

>> after
>>> it

>> for
>> use

>>> chain

>> running

>> <[hidden email]

>>> <[hidden email]

>>> donation?

>> prepare

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

jgallimore
If memory serves me correctly, we have released the examples as an artifact
in the past, albeit as one large zip with the code in, as opposed to
individual artifacts. After some playing around, I _think_ I have something
where a release:prepare/perform should work. Any objections to me taking a
shot at it?

Jon

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 7:38 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> yes, the local build on my 2600X takes 42 minutes including all the Bean
> Validation and CDI TCKs.
> But the full EE6 TCK is run on literally 100s of spot instances (donated
> by Tomitribe afaik).
> The full TCK is only available under NDA so only a handful people have
> access to it otoh :(
>
> This is what I strongly assume to change with JakartaEE!
> After that we will be able to openly give access to the TCK results as
> well.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 21.06.2018 um 08:22 schrieb Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Aha 3 h is ok, assumed 13 h :) Actually I was running the TCK in my
> laptop
> > less than 3h
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> >
> >> Last time i checked it was 3h of tck - assuming you have the setup -
> and 3h
> >> of tomee build (all-adapters profile to ensure we cover all tomee
> flavors
> >> and not only one as in the default build).
> >>
> >> However 3h of tck is due to a highly parallel execution (kudo David) and
> >> will not be that few without the full infra. So if you want to check
> some
> >> coverage it easily takes that much or more yes.

> >> [hidden email]

> >> TCK
> part

> >> pages
> >> one
> >> ;))
> svn

> >> after

> >> for
> >> use

> >> running

> >> <[hidden email]

> >> prepare

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

Mark Struberg-2
Sure, give it a shot!

> If memory serves me correctly, we have released the examples as an artifact

Would not be a good idea. They contain some binaries which are not meant for distribution (licenses).
They are also way too big to deploy them all.
Bundling them in a source zip is fine though.

>  I _think_ I have something
> where a release:prepare/perform should work. Any objections to me taking a
> shot at it?

Sure, go on.
I just want to avoid doing all that stuff manually.
If it doesn't work out we can still try to extract the examples into an own project.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 02.07.2018 um 15:02 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>
> If memory serves me correctly, we have released the examples as an artifact
> in the past, albeit as one large zip with the code in, as opposed to
> individual artifacts. After some playing around, I _think_ I have something
> where a release:prepare/perform should work. Any objections to me taking a
> shot at it?
>
> Jon
>
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 7:38 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> yes, the local build on my 2600X takes 42 minutes including all the Bean
>> Validation and CDI TCKs.
>> But the full EE6 TCK is run on literally 100s of spot instances (donated
>> by Tomitribe afaik).
>> The full TCK is only available under NDA so only a handful people have
>> access to it otoh :(
>>
>> This is what I strongly assume to change with JakartaEE!
>> After that we will be able to openly give access to the TCK results as
>> well.
>>
>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>>> Am 21.06.2018 um 08:22 schrieb Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Aha 3 h is ok, assumed 13 h :) Actually I was running the TCK in my
>> laptop
>>> less than 3h
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>> [hidden email]>

>> and 3h
>> flavors

>> some

>> part

>> svn

Re: starting with the 7.0.5 release steps.

jgallimore
On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 8:53 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sure, give it a shot!
>
> > If memory serves me correctly, we have released the examples as an
> artifact
>
> Would not be a good idea. They contain some binaries which are not meant
> for distribution (licenses).
> They are also way too big to deploy them all.
> Bundling them in a source zip is fine though.

I meant a source zip. Reading that back I totally typed the wrong thing.
Throw new NotEnoughCoffeeException() I guess.

> >  I _think_ I have something
> > where a release:prepare/perform should work. Any objections to me taking
> > shot at it?
>
> Sure, go on.
> I just want to avoid doing all that stuff manually.
> If it doesn't work out we can still try to extract the examples into an
> own project.

I agree. I'll kick it off.