"How to test latest TomEE 7.0.5 snapshots (w or without Arquilian) ?"

Re: "How to test latest TomEE 7.0.5 snapshots (w or without Arquilian) ?"

Alex The Rocker
Hi Andy,

Yes I can try to do this, because you took time to help me and this
will potentially save newcomers's & your time to have an article.

Please tell me how's the most efficient way to submit such article
(ideally I'd like to submit a few screenshots & sample files).

Best regards,
Alexandre

> Thanks Alex,
>
> Really appreciate all your feedback though. It helps us get better and
> better.
>
> It would be great if you could summarize your thoughts on learning to hack
> on and around TomEE. Maybe a small "Getting Started by Alex" kind of
> article?
>
> We could add it to the site and help others.
>
> Andy.
>

> On 12/10/17 00:45, Alex The Rocker wrote:
>>
>> Hello Andy,
>>
>> I got it, thank you very much for the clarification,I'm going to stick
>> to your recommandations!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alexandre

>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> Running a git pull and then mvn install ensures you have the latest
>>> version
>>> available to your local machine.
>>>
>>> The maven central repo is *never ever* going to be up to date - *Never*
>>> rely
>>> on a snapshot from any other source than your own local machine.
>>>
>>> The buildbot takes many hours, and the deploy bot may take as long - no
>>> guarantees that it will run at all or when. This a job TomEE devs have to
>>> keep on top of - it is just a tool.
>>>
>>> Please stop trying to use maven central as a production and or reliable
>>> source for a snapshot - you can deploy to your own local nexus repository
>>> if
>>> you want to make it available to others. It's the only way.
>>>
>>> Andy.
>>>

>>> -----
>>>      --
>>>      Andy Gumbrecht
>>>
>>>      http://www.tomitribe.com
>>>      [hidden email]
>>>      https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
>>>
>>>      TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org
>>> --
>>> Sent from:
>>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html
>

> --
> Andy Gumbrecht
> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> http://www.tomitribe.com
> https://www.tomitribe.io

Re: "How to test latest TomEE 7.0.5 snapshots (w or without Arquilian) ?"

agumbrecht
Sure Alex,

That sounds awesome. Create a directory for the article containing all
images etc. The main document should be a simple text file in asciidoc
format: http://asciidoc.org/

Ivan Junckes Filho created a cool video on how to contribute to the
site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6IM0LDevVU

We can of course help you get anything you produce online.

Andy.

--
Andy Gumbrecht

    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com