openejb 3.0 beta 2 on tomcat 5.5.26 listener installation fails

openejb 3.0 beta 2 on tomcat 5.5.26 listener installation fails

Ehsan Rabby
Hello
I am testing out openejb 3.0 beta 2 release with tomcat 5.5.26
I am following the installer link-> install java agent
Java agent installs fine but  tomcat listener fails coz it cant find the lib directory

Installation Failed

Catalina lib directory does not exist

Re: openejb 3.0 beta 2 on tomcat 5.5.26 listener installation fails

On Feb 19, 2008, at 10:04 PM, Ehsan Rabby wrote:

> Hello
> I am testing out openejb 3.0 beta 2 release with tomcat 5.5.26
> I am following the installer link-> install java agent
> Java agent installs fine but  tomcat listener fails coz it cant find
> the lib
> directory
>
> Installation Failed
>

> Catalina lib directory does not exist

Hi Ehsan,

Looks like I forgot to update the installer for 5.5 and it's still
thinking in "6" mode.

Here's what you can do:
  - create a apache-tomcat-5.5.26/lib/ directory
  - run the installer
  - revert the change to apache-tomcat-5.5.26/conf/server.xml (i.e.
delete the OpenEJBListener line or rename server.xml.original back to
server.xml)
  - optional: delete the apache-tomcat-5.5.26/lib/ directory

This will allow the agent to be installed and prevent the listener
from being installed.  The listener is completely unnecessary for
Tomcat 5.5 and really isn't required for Tomcat 6 either.

The agent is good to have installed if you use OpenJPA as your JPA
provider (the default) or if you plan to use CMP.  If you plan to use
Hibernate as your JPA provider, for example, and don't plan on using
CMP, then you don't the agent either.

-David