javax.validation API

lazarkirchev
Hello,

TomEE 7 includes javax.validation 1.1 API. However, I noticed, that it's
missing some methods from the spec, namely:
javax.validation.metadata.CrossParameterDescriptor.getElementClass()
javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.findConstraints()
javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.getConstraintDescriptors()
javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.hasConstraints()

These all are present in the final release of the spec
https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=349

Could you please comment?

Lazar

Re: javax.validation API

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Lazar,

did you check the inheritance?

> Hello,
>
> TomEE 7 includes javax.validation 1.1 API. However, I noticed, that it's
> missing some methods from the spec, namely:
> javax.validation.metadata.CrossParameterDescriptor.getElementClass()
> javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.findConstraints()
> javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.getConstraintDescriptors()
> javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.hasConstraints()
>
> These all are present in the final release of the spec
> https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=349
>
> Could you please comment?
>
> Lazar

Re: javax.validation API

lazarkirchev
Thanks for the hint Romain! Yes, they are present in the superclass. I got
mislead because in the spec they are present both in the super and the
child, and marked with @Override in the child. I haven't noticed the
annotation and didn't expect them to be in the parent as well.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Lazar,
>
> did you check the inheritance?

> rmannibucau> |

> > Hello,
> >
> > TomEE 7 includes javax.validation 1.1 API. However, I noticed, that it's
> > missing some methods from the spec, namely:
> > javax.validation.metadata.CrossParameterDescriptor.getElementClass()
> > javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.findConstraints()
> > javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.
> getConstraintDescriptors()
> > javax.validation.metadata.ExecutableDescriptor.hasConstraints()
> >
> > These all are present in the final release of the spec
> > https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=349
> >
> > Could you please comment?
> >
> > Lazar

Re: javax.validation API

Romain Manni-Bucau
was surprised cause we got certified and validated for TomEE 7:
http://beanvalidation.org/1.1/certified/