doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Hi,

I'm trying the plugin with the deploy tomee: deploy option it works.
but my doubt is, when I execute the command my .war always goes to the
TomEE temp folder is that standard? how to switch to deploy to the webapps
folder?

thank you.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Cesar Hernandez
Have you tried the path configurations?
[1]
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/maven/tomee-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/maven/plugin/DeployMojo.java#L90

César Hernández.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Hi Cesar,

I followed what is on this link [1]

I use the  command:

 mvn tomee:deploy@deploy-it
mvn tomee:undeploy@undeploy-it

and go to the temp folder.

I try follow the link [2]

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45586095/how-can-i-specify-the-path-in-tomee-maven-plugin-such-that-both-deploy-and-undep
[2] http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/maven/deploy-mojo.html
--

*Daniel Dias dos Santos*
Java Developer

Em qua., 10 de jun. de 2020 às 15:34, Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> Have you tried the path configurations?
> [1]
>
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/maven/tomee-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/maven/plugin/DeployMojo.java#L90
>
> El mié., 10 jun. 2020 a las 12:06, Daniel Dias Dos Santos (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying the plugin with the deploy tomee: deploy option it works.
> > but my doubt is, when I execute the command my .war always goes to the
> > TomEE temp folder is that standard? how to switch to deploy to the
> webapps
> > folder?
> >
> > thank you.
> >

> --
> Atentamente:
> César Hernández.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Cesar Hernandez
Can you please share your pom.xml to check also the plugin configuration
section the files has?

César Hernández.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Hello,

follow my pom.xml [1] .

run project -> mvn clean package tomee:deploy@deploy-it

[1] https://github.com/Daniel-Dos/Servlet4/blob/master/pom.xml

thanks
--

*Daniel Dias dos Santos*
Java Developer
SouJava & JCP Member
GitHub: https://github.com/Daniel-Dos
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danieldiasjava
Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieldiasjava

Em qua., 10 de jun. de 2020 às 22:52, Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> Can you please share your pom.xml to check also the plugin configuration
> section the files has?
>
> El mié., 10 jun. 2020 a las 13:30, Daniel Dias Dos Santos (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> > Hi Cesar,
> >
> > I followed what is on this link [1]
> >
> > I use the  command:
> >
> >  mvn tomee:deploy@deploy-it
> > mvn tomee:undeploy@undeploy-it
> >
> > and go to the temp folder.
> >
> > I try follow the link [2]
> >
> > [1]
> >

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45586095/how-can-i-specify-the-path-in-tomee-maven-plugin-such-that-both-deploy-and-undep
> > [2] http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/maven/deploy-mojo.html
> > --
> >
> > *Daniel Dias dos Santos*
> > Java Developer
> > SouJava & JCP Member
> > GitHub: https://github.com/Daniel-Dos
> > Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danieldiasjava
> > Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieldiasjava
> >

> > Em qua., 10 de jun. de 2020 às 15:34, Cesar Hernandez <
> > [hidden email]>
> > escreveu:
> >
> > > Have you tried the path configurations?
> > > [1]
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/maven/tomee-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/maven/plugin/DeployMojo.java#L90

> the
> > > webapps

> > > --
> > > Atentamente:
> > > César Hernández.
> > >

> --
> Atentamente:
> César Hernández.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Cesar Hernandez
Hi Daniel,

Apart from the pom.xml file you provided, I found also a couple of
properties [1] that need to be added into to TomEE systems.properties file
[2] in order to enable the maven plugin to perform a Deploy/Undeploy action.
With this the command from your example to deploy and undeploy it works
fine but yes, the location of this deployments is in %TomEE_HOME%/temp
folder:
 mvn tomee:deploy@deploy-it
mvn tomee:undeploy@undeploy-it

The property you are looking for is:
openejb.deployer.cache.folder = webapps

Notice that the example project you shared has some sort of structure
inconsistency, when I imported the project into IntelliJ it was not
recognized as a maven project, check also your project structure.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/cfaf78016415b2e72ae998785de6492c6c83c15e1c59633f0e25f5c8%40%3Cusers.tomee.apache.org%3E
[2]
tomee.remote.support = true
tomee.serialization.class.blacklist = -
openejb.system.apps = true
openejb.deployer.binaries.use=true
openejb.deployer.save-deployments=true

César Hernández.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Hello Cesar,

I managed to deploy it following your guidance.

in my case I used the docker passing the variables:

docker run --name=tomee -p 8080:8080 -e
CATALINA_OPTS="-Dtomee.serialization.class.blacklist=-
-Dtomee.remote.support=true -Dopenejb.system.apps=true
-Dopenejb.deployer.cache.folder=webapps
-Dopenejb.deployer.save-deployments=true -Dopenejb.deployer.binaries.use=true"
tomee:8-jre-8.0.1-plus

thanks  :  )

--

*Daniel Dias dos Santos*
Java Developer
SouJava & JCP Member
GitHub: https://github.com/Daniel-Dos
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danieldiasjava
Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieldiasjava

Em sex., 12 de jun. de 2020 às 21:03, Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Apart from the pom.xml file you provided, I found also a couple of
> properties [1] that need to be added into to TomEE systems.properties file
> [2] in order to enable the maven plugin to perform a Deploy/Undeploy
> action.
> With this the command from your example to deploy and undeploy it works
> fine but yes, the location of this deployments is in %TomEE_HOME%/temp
> folder:
>  mvn tomee:deploy@deploy-it
> mvn tomee:undeploy@undeploy-it
>

> The property you are looking for is:
> openejb.deployer.cache.folder = webapps
>
> Notice that the example project you shared has some sort of structure
> inconsistency, when I imported the project into IntelliJ it was not
> recognized as a maven project, check also your project structure.
>
> [1]
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/cfaf78016415b2e72ae998785de6492c6c83c15e1c59633f0e25f5c8%40%3Cusers.tomee.apache.org%3E
> [2]
> tomee.remote.support = true
> tomee.serialization.class.blacklist = -
> openejb.system.apps = true
> openejb.deployer.binaries.use=true
> openejb.deployer.save-deployments=true
>
> El mié., 10 jun. 2020 a las 20:18, Daniel Dias Dos Santos (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > follow my pom.xml [1] .
> >
> > run project -> mvn clean package tomee:deploy@deploy-it
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/Daniel-Dos/Servlet4/blob/master/pom.xml
> >
> > thanks
> > --
> >
> > *Daniel Dias dos Santos*
> > Java Developer
> > SouJava & JCP Member
> > GitHub: https://github.com/Daniel-Dos
> > Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danieldiasjava
> > Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieldiasjava
> >

> > Em qua., 10 de jun. de 2020 às 22:52, Cesar Hernandez <
> > [hidden email]>
> > escreveu:
> >
> > > Can you please share your pom.xml to check also the plugin
> configuration
> > > section the files has?

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45586095/how-can-i-specify-the-path-in-tomee-maven-plugin-such-that-both-deploy-and-undep

> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/maven/tomee-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/maven/plugin/DeployMojo.java#L90

> > works.
> > > the
> the

> > > --
> > > Atentamente:
> > > César Hernández.
> > >

> --
> Atentamente:
> César Hernández.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Cesar Hernandez
awesome,
In case your repo is public, feel free to share it, maybe we can build an
example in the project itself :)!

César Hernández.

Re: doubt about remote deploy using tomee-maven-plugin

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Hello Cesar,

the example is public. yes i can move to TomEE samples

thanks
--

*Daniel Dias dos Santos*
Java Developer