deployment in 3.1.3

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

deployment in 3.1.3

joe-2
Hi,

I tried to deploy an ejb.jar to the new OpenEJB 3.1.3 and having
problems atfer the first successful deployment.

Deploying for the first time (empty apps dir, btw. the openejb-3.1.3.zip
does not contain an empty apps dir) works perfectly:

openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u
C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
Application deployed successfully at
"C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar"
App(id=C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar)
     EjbJar(id=dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar,
path=C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar)
         Ejb(ejb-name=BackupJobServiceEJB, id=BackupJobServiceEJB)
             Jndi(name=BackupJobServiceEJBRemote)
         ...


Deploying for the second time seems not to work:
openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u
C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
Application was undeployed from the runtime server but could not be
deleted from the file system and will have to be deleted by hand:
C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar


Deploying for the third time, and all following deployment tries:
openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u
C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
Application already deployed at
"C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar"


Something changed in the deployment process?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: deployment in 3.1.3

dblevins
Administrator

On Oct 21, 2010, at 6:03 AM, joe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to deploy an ejb.jar to the new OpenEJB 3.1.3 and having
> problems atfer the first successful deployment.
>
> Deploying for the first time (empty apps dir, btw. the openejb-3.1.3.zip does not contain an empty apps dir) works perfectly:
>
> openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
> Application deployed successfully at "C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar"
> App(id=C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar)
>    EjbJar(id=dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar, path=C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar)
>        Ejb(ejb-name=BackupJobServiceEJB, id=BackupJobServiceEJB)
>            Jndi(name=BackupJobServiceEJBRemote)
>        ...
>
>
> Deploying for the second time seems not to work:
> openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
> Application was undeployed from the runtime server but could not be deleted from the file system and will have to be deleted by hand:
> C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
>
>
> Deploying for the third time, and all following deployment tries:
> openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
> Application already deployed at "C:\Users\joe\development\servers\openejb-3.1.3\apps\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar"
>
>
> Something changed in the deployment process?

There should be an apps dir.  So that's definitely something we'll want to fix.

Can you post your deploy command as well?  I'll trace your footsteps in a Windows VM using our itests jar.


-David

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: deployment in 3.1.3

joe-2
Hi,

The deploy command:
openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u
C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar

My System:
Java 1.6
Windows 7 (UAC is turned off :)

For OpenEJB 3.1.2 this deploy command works with a 1.5 VM


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: deployment in 3.1.3

Jacek Laskowski
In reply to this post by dblevins
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There should be an apps dir.  So that's definitely something we'll want to fix.

No, it doesn't exist. I'd noticed it during 3.1.3 release, but since
there's an easy fix I shamelessly decided to vote for it. Sorry for
not having reported it before.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
Notatnik Projektanta Java EE - http://jaceklaskowski.pl
Komitet organizacyjny warsjawa 2010 - http://warsjawa.pl
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: deployment in 3.1.3

dblevins
Administrator

On Oct 22, 2010, at 1:29 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:40 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There should be an apps dir.  So that's definitely something we'll want to fix.
>
> No, it doesn't exist. I'd noticed it during 3.1.3 release, but since
> there's an easy fix I shamelessly decided to vote for it. Sorry for
> not having reported it before.

No worries.  We can fix it in 3.1.4.

-David

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: deployment in 3.1.3

dblevins
Administrator
In reply to this post by joe-2

On Oct 22, 2010, at 12:04 AM, joe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The deploy command:
> openejb deploy -s ejbd://joe:40000 -u C:\Users\joe\development\eclipse-java-helios-win32-workspace\dc5-ejb\build\dc5-ejb-5.0.0.jar
>
> My System:
> Java 1.6
> Windows 7 (UAC is turned off :)
>
> For OpenEJB 3.1.2 this deploy command works with a 1.5 VM

As the java versions are different, try the 3.1.2 with the new java version just to rule out any possible java issue.  We'd still want to find and fix it, but would give a better idea in where to look.

Trying to get caught up on issues reported against 3.1.3 so we can get a 3.1.4 out there ASAP, so any investigation is greatly appreciated.

Definitely one of the things we'd want to make sure is issue-free before a 3.1.4


-David

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: deployment in 3.1.3

joe-2

> As the java versions are different, try the 3.1.2 with the new java version

You're right.
The deploy command also works for 3.1.3, if OpenEJB runs in a 1.5 VM.
If it runs in a 1.6 VM it works only for the first time, if the apps dir
is empty.

Same for 3.1.2, If it runs in a 1.6 VM it doesn't work more than one time.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: deployment in 3.1.3

dblevins
Administrator
In reply to this post by dblevins

On Oct 21, 2010, at 11:40 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> There should be an apps dir.  So that's definitely something we'll want to fix.

FYI,

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1388
  Missing apps/ and logs/ directory in standalone zip, tar.gz


-David