completely weird unit test failure

Mark Struberg-2
hi folks!
I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]   CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
ignoredMethodAnnotation
ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
[ERROR]   CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
ignoredMethodAnnotation
ignoredMethodAnnotation]>

The unit test in question is
org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this error, but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like openejb-itests-beans.
It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
Any idea what happened?
LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Mark Struberg-2
 Well, this looks weird anyhow
@Stateless
public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {

compare the name and the annotation....
And the additional error messages are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: create"
"org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""

Well, yes, true!
Is this a negative test bean? ^^

    On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Any idea what happened?
LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

jgallimore
Which branch?

Jon

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>  Well, this looks weird anyhow
> @Stateless
> public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {
>
> compare the name and the annotation....
> And the additional error messages are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:
> @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class:
> org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
> Method: create"
> "org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for
> beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.
> AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""
>
> Well, yes, true!
> Is this a negative test bean? ^^
>
>     On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  hi folks!
> I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they
> pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
> ERROR] Failures:
> [ERROR]   CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys
> do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> ignoredMethodAnnotation
> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> [ERROR]   CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do
> not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> ignoredMethodAnnotation
> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
>

> The unit test in question is
> org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#
> testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
> This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this error,
> but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
> Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like
> openejb-itests-beans.
> It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
> Any idea what happened?
> LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Mark Struberg-2
 fb_tomee8
I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?

But now I'm off to the next bug.
EarModuleNamesTest
This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other tests.
LieGrue,strub

wrote:

>  Well, this looks weird anyhow
> @Stateless
> public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {
>
> compare the name and the annotation....
> And the additional error messages are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:
> @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class:
> org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
> Method: create"
> "org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for
> beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.
> AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""
>
> Well, yes, true!
> Is this a negative test bean? ^^
>
>    On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  hi folks!
> I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they
> pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
> ERROR] Failures:
> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys
> do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> ignoredMethodAnnotation
> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do
> not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> ignoredMethodAnnotation
> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
>

> The unit test in question is
> org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#
> testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
> This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this error,
> but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
> Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like
> openejb-itests-beans.
> It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
> Any idea what happened?
> LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Romain Manni-Bucau
Mark

Previous test issue can be due to xbean upgrades or scanning changes, did
you check that? We tend to link implicitly the finder for these tests but
can have been broken at some point.

Le mar. 15 mai 2018 23:16, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

>  fb_tomee8
> I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have
> ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>
> But now I'm off to the next bug.
> EarModuleNamesTest
> This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans
> on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the TxMgr
> setup, which is null.
> I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other
> tests.
> LieGrue,strub
>
>     On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 22:03:03 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Which branch?
>
> Jon
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >  Well, this looks weird anyhow
> > @Stateless
> > public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {
> >
> > compare the name and the annotation....
> > And the additional error messages
> are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:
> > @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class:
> > org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
> > Method: create"
> > "org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for
> > beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.
> > AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""
> >
> > Well, yes, true!
> > Is this a negative test bean? ^^
> >
> >    On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  hi folks!
> > I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they
> > pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
> > ERROR] Failures:
> > [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys
> > do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> > was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> > [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do
> > not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> > was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> >

> > The unit test in question is
> > org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#
> > testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
> > This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this
> error,
> > but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
> > Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like
> > openejb-itests-beans.
> > It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
> > Any idea what happened?
> > LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Mark Struberg-2
 Yes, but the weird thing is that it comes from the parent CL, so the scanner has not too much to do with it.
Btw, by excluding the Earname test I came a bit further.

Now the following are failing in the RS module
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR]   ApplicationStarTest.checkStarIsNotAnIssue:43 » InternalServerError HTTP 500 In...
[ERROR]   DisableTomEEJohnzonTest.client:71 » InternalServerError HTTP 500 Internal Serv...
[ERROR]   DisableTomEEJohnzonTest.server:66 » IO Server returned HTTP response code: 500...
[ERROR]   JSonStreamingOutputTest.run:51 » InternalServerError HTTP 500 Internal Server ...
[ERROR]   ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest.run:62 » InternalServerError HTTP 500 Internal S...
[ERROR]   TomEEConfigurableJohnzonTest.run:91 » IO Server returned HTTP response code: 5...
[INFO]

But this is likely to a glitch in new bval.Or due to me being de_AT located... ;)
LieGrue,strub

écrit :

>  fb_tomee8
> I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have
> ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>
> But now I'm off to the next bug.
> EarModuleNamesTest
> This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans
> on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the TxMgr
> setup, which is null.
> I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other
> tests.
> LieGrue,strub
>
>    On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 22:03:03 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Which branch?
>
> Jon
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >  Well, this looks weird anyhow
> > @Stateless
> > public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {
> >
> > compare the name and the annotation....
> > And the additional error messages
> are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:
> > @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class:
> > org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
> > Method: create"
> > "org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for
> > beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.
> > AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""
> >
> > Well, yes, true!
> > Is this a negative test bean? ^^
> >
> >    On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  hi folks!
> > I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they
> > pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
> > ERROR] Failures:
> > [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys
> > do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> > was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> > [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do
> > not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> > was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation
> > ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> >

> > The unit test in question is
> > org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#
> > testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
> > This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this
> error,
> > but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
> > Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like
> > openejb-itests-beans.
> > It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
> > Any idea what happened?
> > LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Romain Manni-Bucau
That was the trick with link(), if you have the child in classloader C and
the parent in C.parent then you get the parent included. This is why i
think something can have been broken.

Le mer. 16 mai 2018 à 07:43, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> [...]
> > > was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> > > ignoredMethodAnnotation
> > > ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> > > [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys
> do
> > > not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
> > > was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
> > > ignoredMethodAnnotation
> > > ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
> > >

> > > The unit test in question is
> > > org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#
> > > testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
> > > This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this
> > error,
> > > but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
> > > Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like
> > > openejb-itests-beans.
> > > It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...

Can you probably take a look? This is clearly beyond my foo.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 16.05.2018 um 07:51 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> That was the trick with link(), if you have the child in classloader C and
> the parent in C.parent then you get the parent included. This is why i
> think something can have been broken.

> Le mer. 16 mai 2018 à 07:43, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
>> Yes, but the weird thing is that it comes from the parent CL, so the
>> scanner has not too much to do with it.
>> Btw, by excluding the Earname test I came a bit further.
>>
>> Now the following are failing in the RS module
>> [ERROR] Errors:
>> [ERROR]   ApplicationStarTest.checkStarIsNotAnIssue:43 »
>> InternalServerError HTTP 500 In...
>> [ERROR]   DisableTomEEJohnzonTest.client:71 » InternalServerError HTTP 500
>> Internal Serv...
>> [ERROR]   DisableTomEEJohnzonTest.server:66 » IO Server returned HTTP
>> response code: 500...
>> [ERROR]   JSonStreamingOutputTest.run:51 » InternalServerError HTTP 500
>> Internal Server ...
>> [ERROR]   ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest.run:62 » InternalServerError HTTP
>> 500 Internal S...
>> [ERROR]   TomEEConfigurableJohnzonTest.run:91 » IO Server returned HTTP
>> response code: 5...
>> [INFO]
>>

>> But this is likely to a glitch in new bval.Or due to me being de_AT
>> located... ;)
>> LieGrue,strub
>>
>>    On Wednesday, 16 May 2018, 06:51:59 CEST, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> Previous test issue can be due to xbean upgrades or scanning changes, did
>> you check that? We tend to link implicitly the finder for these tests but
>> can have been broken at some point.
>>
>> Le mar. 15 mai 2018 23:16, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
>> écrit :
>>
>>> fb_tomee8
>>> I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have
>>> ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>>>
>>> But now I'm off to the next bug.
>>> EarModuleNamesTest
>>> This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans
>>> on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the
>> TxMgr
>>> setup, which is null.
>>> I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other
>>> tests.
>>> LieGrue,strub
>>>
>>>   On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 22:03:03 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Which branch?
>>>
>>> Jon

>>> are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:

>> Keys
>> do

>>> error,

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Romain Manni-Bucau
seems due to our exclusion changes, will try to fix it now

Le mer. 16 mai 2018 à 08:44, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Can you probably take a look? This is clearly beyond my foo.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 16.05.2018 um 07:51 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> > That was the trick with link(), if you have the child in classloader C
> and
> > the parent in C.parent then you get the parent included. This is why i
> > think something can have been broken.

> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > <
> >

> > Le mer. 16 mai 2018 à 07:43, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> >
> >> Yes, but the weird thing is that it comes from the parent CL, so the
> >> scanner has not too much to do with it.
> >> Btw, by excluding the Earname test I came a bit further.
> >>
> >> Now the following are failing in the RS module
> >> [ERROR] Errors:
> >> [ERROR]   ApplicationStarTest.checkStarIsNotAnIssue:43 »
> >> InternalServerError HTTP 500 In...
> >> [ERROR]   DisableTomEEJohnzonTest.client:71 » InternalServerError HTTP
> 500
> >> Internal Serv...
> >> [ERROR]   DisableTomEEJohnzonTest.server:66 » IO Server returned HTTP
> >> response code: 500...
> >> [ERROR]   JSonStreamingOutputTest.run:51 » InternalServerError HTTP 500
> >> Internal Server ...
> >> [ERROR]   ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest.run:62 » InternalServerError
> HTTP
> >> 500 Internal S...
> >> [ERROR]   TomEEConfigurableJohnzonTest.run:91 » IO Server returned HTTP
> >> response code: 5...
> >> [INFO]
> >>

> >> But this is likely to a glitch in new bval.Or due to me being de_AT
> >> located... ;)
> >> LieGrue,strub
> >>
> >>    On Wednesday, 16 May 2018, 06:51:59 CEST, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> >> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Mark
> >>
> >> Previous test issue can be due to xbean upgrades or scanning changes,
> did
> >> you check that? We tend to link implicitly the finder for these tests
> but
> >> can have been broken at some point.

> have

> openejb-itests-beans
> >> TxMgr
> other

> <[hidden email]

> >> Keys
> >> do

Re: completely weird unit test failure

chongma
if i try to compile fb_tomee8 i get

WARNING - Interceptor for {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
has thrown exception, unwinding now
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@69762669
is not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
     at
org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

On 15/05/18 23:16, Mark Struberg wrote:

>   fb_tomee8
> I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>
> But now I'm off to the next bug.
> EarModuleNamesTest
> This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
> I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other tests.
> LieGrue,strub
>
>      On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 22:03:03 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Which branch?
>
> Jon
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>    Well, this looks weird anyhow
>> @Stateless
>> public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {
>>
>> compare the name and the annotation....
>> And the additional error messages are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:
>> @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class:
>> org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
>> Method: create"
>> "org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for
>> beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.
>> AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""
>>
>> Well, yes, true!
>> Is this a negative test bean? ^^
>>
>>      On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>    hi folks!
>> I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they
>> pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
>> ERROR] Failures:
>> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys
>> do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
>> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
>> ignoredMethodAnnotation
>> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
>> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do
>> not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
>> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
>> ignoredMethodAnnotation
>> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
>>

>> The unit test in question is
>> org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#
>> testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
>> This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this error,
>> but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
>> Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like
>> openejb-itests-beans.
>> It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
>> Any idea what happened?
>> LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Mark Struberg-2
In which module do you get the error?
Will try to later share my build results.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 16.05.2018 um 13:51 schrieb Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>:
>
> if i try to compile fb_tomee8 i get
>
> WARNING - Interceptor for {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En has thrown exception, unwinding now
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@69762669 is not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
>     at org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
>

> On 15/05/18 23:16, Mark Struberg wrote:
>>  fb_tomee8
>> I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>>
>> But now I'm off to the next bug.
>> EarModuleNamesTest
>> This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
>> I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other tests.
>> LieGrue,strub
>>
>>     On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 22:03:03 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>    Which branch?
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>   Well, this looks weird anyhow
>>> @Stateless
>>> public class AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean {
>>>
>>> compare the name and the annotation....
>>> And the additional error messages are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:
>>> @Init is ignored for beans of type Stateless.  Class:
>>> org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
>>> Method: create"
>>> "org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning: @Remove is ignored for
>>> beans of type Stateless.  Class: org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.
>>> AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean Method: remove""
>>>
>>> Well, yes, true!
>>> Is this a negative test bean? ^^
>>>
>>>     On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 21:48:26 CEST, Mark Struberg
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>   hi folks!
>>> I get 2 unit test failures which look completely weird to me.Plus they
>>> pass in the IDE but fail in mvn.
>>> ERROR] Failures:
>>> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf Keys
>>> do not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
>>> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
>>> ignoredMethodAnnotation
>>> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
>>> [ERROR]  CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInRoot Keys do
>>> not match expected:<...or.incorrectLocation[]> but
>>> was:<...or.incorrectLocation[
>>> ignoredMethodAnnotation
>>> ignoredMethodAnnotation]>
>>>

>>> The unit test in question is
>>> org.apache.openejb.config.CheckDescriptorLocationTest#
>>> testWarWithDescriptorInRoot
>>> This bundles a single FooBean.class with a single error.We get this error,
>>> but also a few other test failures which apparently should not happen.
>>> Those come from beans in transitive dependency projects like
>>> openejb-itests-beans.
>>> It passes in my IDE since there the classpath is different...
>>> Any idea what happened?
>>> LieGrue,strub

Re: completely weird unit test failure

chongma
[INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS

WARNING - Interceptor for
{http://johnzon.rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}Endpoint has thrown
exception, unwinding now
java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'

SEVERE - can't instantiate
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.AppPropertiesPropagationTest$Writer
java.lang.InstantiationException:
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.AppPropertiesPropagationTest$Writer

SEVERE - EjbTransactionUtil.handleSystemException: null
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.CustomExceptionMapperTest$FooException

org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@3b4ce8d6
is not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
     at
org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

these are some of the fails i get on mvn clean install.  although my
terminal cuts off output over a certain level

On 16/05/18 17:35, Mark Struberg wrote:

> In which module do you get the error?
> Will try to later share my build results.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
>> Am 16.05.2018 um 13:51 schrieb Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> if i try to compile fb_tomee8 i get
>>
>> WARNING - Interceptor for {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En has thrown exception, unwinding now
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@69762669 is not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
>>      at org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
>>

>> On 15/05/18 23:16, Mark Struberg wrote:
>>>   fb_tomee8
>>> I've fixed this now by fixing the broken bean. Wonder how this could have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>>>
>>> But now I'm off to the next bug.
>>> EarModuleNamesTest
>>> This one also scans for a resource due to haing the openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done manually it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
>>> I exclude this test for now and want to see how far I come with the other tests.
>>> LieGrue,strub
>>>
>>>      On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 22:03:03 CEST, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>     Which branch?
>>>
>>> Jon

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Romain Manni-Bucau
fixed (the message issue, the underlying bval@getter issue + the cxf
validation issue), you need bval  (bval2 branch) snapshot and tomee
fb_tomee8 branch snapshot to get it

Le mer. 16 mai 2018 à 20:07, Matthew Broadhead <
[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS
>
> WARNING - Interceptor for
> {http://johnzon.rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}Endpoint has thrown
> exception, unwinding now
> java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
>
> SEVERE - can't instantiate
> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.AppPropertiesPropagationTest$Writer
> java.lang.InstantiationException:
> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.AppPropertiesPropagationTest$Writer
>
> SEVERE - EjbTransactionUtil.handleSystemException: null
> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.CustomExceptionMapperTest$FooException
>
> WARNING - Interceptor for {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
> has thrown exception, unwinding now
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@3b4ce8d6
> is not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
>      at
>
> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
>
> these are some of the fails i get on mvn clean install.  although my
> terminal cuts off output over a certain level
>
> On 16/05/18 17:35, Mark Struberg wrote:
> > In which module do you get the error?
> > Will try to later share my build results.
> >
> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> >> Am 16.05.2018 um 13:51 schrieb Matthew Broadhead <
> [hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> if i try to compile fb_tomee8 i get
> >>
> >> WARNING - Interceptor for {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
> has thrown exception, unwinding now
> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@69762669 is
> not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
> >>      at
> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

> have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?

> openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done manually
> it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
> other tests.

> <[hidden email]>

> are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:

> Keys
> do

> error,

Re: completely weird unit test failure

chongma
i pulled and it is still failing one

INFO - Deployed
Application(path=/home/matthew/git/tomee/server/openejb-cxf-rs/ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest)
WARNING - Interceptor for
{http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}Endpoint has thrown exception,
unwinding now
java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
     at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2519)
     at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2455)
     at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2940)
     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.lambda$create$0(Exceptions.java:44)
     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:53)
     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:44)
     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raise(Exceptions.java:63)
     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseIf(Exceptions.java:69)
     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseUnless(Exceptions.java:75)
     at org.apache.bval.util.Validate.isTrue(Validate.java:43)

[INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS ........................ FAILURE
[02:17 min]

On 16/05/18 23:15, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> fixed (the message issue, the underlying bval@getter issue + the cxf
> validation issue), you need bval  (bval2 branch) snapshot and tomee
> fb_tomee8 branch snapshot to get it

> Le mer. 16 mai 2018 à 20:07, Matthew Broadhead <
> [hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> [INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS
>>
>> WARNING - Interceptor for
>> {http://johnzon.rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}Endpoint has thrown
>> exception, unwinding now
>> java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
>>
>> SEVERE - can't instantiate
>> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.AppPropertiesPropagationTest$Writer
>> java.lang.InstantiationException:
>> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.AppPropertiesPropagationTest$Writer
>>
>> SEVERE - EjbTransactionUtil.handleSystemException: null
>> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.CustomExceptionMapperTest$FooException
>>
>> WARNING - Interceptor for {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
>> has thrown exception, unwinding now
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@3b4ce8d6
>> is not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
>>       at
>>
>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
>>
>> these are some of the fails i get on mvn clean install.  although my
>> terminal cuts off output over a certain level
>>
>> On 16/05/18 17:35, Mark Struberg wrote:
>>> In which module do you get the error?
>>> Will try to later share my build results.
>>>
>>> LieGrue,
>>> strub

>> has thrown exception, unwinding now
>> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@69762669 is
>> not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

>> have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build order?
>> openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done manually
>> it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
>> other tests.

>> <[hidden email]>

>> are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:

>> Keys
>> do

>> error,

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Romain Manni-Bucau
Did you rebuild bval 2 too?

Le jeu. 17 mai 2018 00:39, Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> [...]
> >>
> >> these are some of the fails i get on mvn clean install.  although my
> >> terminal cuts off output over a certain level

> http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
> >> has thrown exception, unwinding now
> >> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.JSonStreamingOutputTest$En$1@69762669
> is
> >> not an instance of class javax.ws.rs.core.Response
> >>
> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

> >> have ever worked.Might also be partly random due to different build
> order?
> >> openejb-itests-beans on the classpath.But since the config is done
> manually
> >> it misses the TxMgr setup, which is null.
> >> other tests.

> >> <[hidden email]>

> >> are:org.apache.openejb.config.ValidationWarning:

I pushed a very recent snapshot (all green) yesterday.
This part should be in sync - or we still face some parts we need to fix in BVal!

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 17.05.2018 um 07:23 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Did you rebuild bval 2 too?
>
> Le jeu. 17 mai 2018 00:39, Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> i pulled and it is still failing one
>>
>> INFO - Deployed
>>
>> Application(path=/home/matthew/git/tomee/server/openejb-cxf-rs/ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest)
>> WARNING - Interceptor for
>> {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}Endpoint has thrown exception,
>> unwinding now
>> java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
>>     at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2519)
>>     at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2455)
>>     at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2940)
>>     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.lambda$create$0(Exceptions.java:44)
>>     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:53)
>>     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:44)
>>     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raise(Exceptions.java:63)
>>     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseIf(Exceptions.java:69)
>>     at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseUnless(Exceptions.java:75)
>>     at org.apache.bval.util.Validate.isTrue(Validate.java:43)
>>
>> [INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS ........................ FAILURE
>> [02:17 min]
>>

>> On 16/05/18 23:15, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> fixed (the message issue, the underlying bval@getter issue + the cxf
>>> validation issue), you need bval  (bval2 branch) snapshot and tomee
>>> fb_tomee8 branch snapshot to get it
>>>
>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>>> <

>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

>> http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
>> is
>>>>
>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

>> order?
>> manually

>> they
>> Keys

>> happen.

Re: completely weird unit test failure

chongma
oh yes sorry.  that won't be pushed to maven central.  is it only
available from svn repo https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bval/trunk/ or
is it mirrored on git?

On 17/05/18 07:23, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Did you rebuild bval 2 too?
>
> Le jeu. 17 mai 2018 00:39, Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> i pulled and it is still failing one
>>
>> INFO - Deployed
>>
>> Application(path=/home/matthew/git/tomee/server/openejb-cxf-rs/ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest)
>> WARNING - Interceptor for
>> {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}Endpoint has thrown exception,
>> unwinding now
>> java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
>>       at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2519)
>>       at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2455)
>>       at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2940)
>>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.lambda$create$0(Exceptions.java:44)
>>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:53)
>>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:44)
>>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raise(Exceptions.java:63)
>>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseIf(Exceptions.java:69)
>>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseUnless(Exceptions.java:75)
>>       at org.apache.bval.util.Validate.isTrue(Validate.java:43)
>>
>> [INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS ........................ FAILURE
>> [02:17 min]
>>

>> On 16/05/18 23:15, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> fixed (the message issue, the underlying bval@getter issue + the cxf
>>> validation issue), you need bval  (bval2 branch) snapshot and tomee
>>> fb_tomee8 branch snapshot to get it
>>>
>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>>> <

>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

>> http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
>> is
>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
>> order?
>> manually

>> they
>> Keys

>> happen.

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Romain Manni-Bucau
We are on git: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/bval.git

Le jeu. 17 mai 2018 à 12:12, Matthew Broadhead <
[hidden email]> a écrit :

> oh yes sorry.  that won't be pushed to maven central.  is it only
> available from svn repo https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bval/trunk/ or
> is it mirrored on git?

> > Did you rebuild bval 2 too?
> >
> > Le jeu. 17 mai 2018 00:39, Matthew Broadhead <
> [hidden email]>
> > a écrit :
> >
> >> i pulled and it is still failing one
> >>
> >> INFO - Deployed
> >>

> Application(path=/home/matthew/git/tomee/server/openejb-cxf-rs/ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest)
> >> WARNING - Interceptor for
> >> {http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}Endpoint has thrown
> exception,
> >> unwinding now
> >> java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
> >>       at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2519)
> >>       at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2455)
> >>       at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2940)
> >>       at
> org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.lambda$create$0(Exceptions.java:44)
> >>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:53)
> >>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.create(Exceptions.java:44)
> >>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raise(Exceptions.java:63)
> >>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseIf(Exceptions.java:69)
> >>       at org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.raiseUnless(Exceptions.java:75)
> >>       at org.apache.bval.util.Validate.isTrue(Validate.java:43)
> >>
> >> [INFO] OpenEJB :: Server :: CXF RS ........................ FAILURE
> >> [02:17 min]

> >> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |

> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.CustomExceptionMapperTest$FooException

> http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
> >>>>

> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

> >> http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
> >> is
> >>
> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
> could
> >> order?
> >> manually

> org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
> for

> >> they
> CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf
> >> Keys

> this
> >> happen.

Re: completely weird unit test failure

chongma
i cloned and installed.  but then i thought maybe i should switch to bv2
branch.

that branch doesn't install

[ERROR] Plugin
org.apache.commons:commons-weaver-maven-plugin:1.4-SNAPSHOT or one of
its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
org.apache.commons:commons-weaver-maven-plugin:jar:1.4-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

On 17/05/18 13:18, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> We are on git: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/bval.git

> Le jeu. 17 mai 2018 à 12:12, Matthew Broadhead <
> [hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> oh yes sorry.  that won't be pushed to maven central.  is it only
>> available from svn repo https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bval/trunk/ or
>> is it mirrored on git?
>>

>> On 17/05/18 07:23, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> Did you rebuild bval 2 too?
>>>
>>> Le jeu. 17 mai 2018 00:39, Matthew Broadhead <
>> [hidden email]>

>> Application(path=/home/matthew/git/tomee/server/openejb-cxf-rs/ProviderWithoutAnnotationTest)
>> exception,
>> org.apache.bval.util.Exceptions.lambda$create$0(Exceptions.java:44)

>> org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.CustomExceptionMapperTest$FooException
>> http://rs.cxf.server.openejb.apache.org/}En
>>>>>>

>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)

>> org.apache.bval.jsr.job.ValidateReturnValue.<init>(ValidateReturnValue.java:123)
>> could

>> org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBean
>> for

>> CheckDescriptorLocationTest.testWarWithDescriptorInMetaInf

>> this

Re: completely weird unit test failure

Romain Manni-Bucau
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-weaver.git ;)