arquillian with 7.0.2

Me Self
Hi All

Switching from TomEE 1.7.4 to 7.0.2 arquillian tests begin to spew out a
lot of these warnings. The tests still work. Is there a way to silence it?

WARNING: Failed to scan [file: ...]

java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\.m2\org\apache\derby\derbytools\10.13.1.1\
derbyLocale_cs.jar

        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)

        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)

        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166)

        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130)

        at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(
JarFileUrlJar.java:60)

        at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(
JarFactory.java:48)

        at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(
StandardJarScanner.java:338)

        at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(
StandardJarScanner.java:288)
        at org.apache.tomee.loader.TomEEJarScanner.scan(
TomEEJarScanner.java:61)

Re: arquillian with 7.0.2

Me Self
btw this is with the embedded adapter. The remote one does not trigger this
issue.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Me Self <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Switching from TomEE 1.7.4 to 7.0.2 arquillian tests begin to spew out a
> lot of these warnings. The tests still work. Is there a way to silence it?
>
> WARNING: Failed to scan [file: ...]
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\.m2\org\apache\derby\derbyt
> ools\10.13.1.1\derbyLocale_cs.jar
>
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)
>
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)
>
>         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166)
>
>         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(JarFileUrlJ
> ar.java:60)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactor
> y.java:48)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(Stand
> ardJarScanner.java:338)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(Standard
> JarScanner.java:288)
>         at org.apache.tomee.loader.TomEEJarScanner.scan(TomEEJarScanner
> .java:61)

Re: arquillian with 7.0.2

excluding "derby" from the scanning should work using exclusions.list or
equivalent system property.

Le 4 juil. 2017 13:08, "Me Self" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

btw this is with the embedded adapter. The remote one does not trigger this
issue.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Me Self <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Switching from TomEE 1.7.4 to 7.0.2 arquillian tests begin to spew out a
> lot of these warnings. The tests still work. Is there a way to silence it?
>
> WARNING: Failed to scan [file: ...]
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\.m2\org\apache\derby\derbyt
> ools\10.13.1.1\derbyLocale_cs.jar
>
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)
>
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)
>
>         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166)
>
>         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(JarFileUrlJ
> ar.java:60)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactor
> y.java:48)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(Stand
> ardJarScanner.java:338)
>
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(Standard
> JarScanner.java:288)
>         at org.apache.tomee.loader.TomEEJarScanner.scan(TomEEJarScanner
> .java:61)

Re: arquillian with 7.0.2

Me Self
OK tnx.

Btw. what is the status for a final release? According to jira theres a lot
of "Insure support for JSR-XYZ". Is there any estimate when this is done?

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> excluding "derby" from the scanning should work using exclusions.list or
> equivalent system property.
>

> Le 4 juil. 2017 13:08, "Me Self" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> btw this is with the embedded adapter. The remote one does not trigger this
> issue.
>
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Me Self <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > Switching from TomEE 1.7.4 to 7.0.2 arquillian tests begin to spew out a
> > lot of these warnings. The tests still work. Is there a way to silence
> it?
> >
> > WARNING: Failed to scan [file: ...]
> >
> > java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\.m2\org\apache\derby\derbyt
> > ools\10.13.1.1\derbyLocale_cs.jar
> >
> >         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
> >
> >         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)
> >
> >         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)
> >
> >         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166)
> >
> >         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130)
> >
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(JarFileUrlJ
> > ar.java:60)
> >
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactor
> > y.java:48)
> >
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(Stand
> > ardJarScanner.java:338)
> >
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(Standard
> > JarScanner.java:288)
> >         at org.apache.tomee.loader.TomEEJarScanner.scan(TomEEJarScanner
> > .java:61)

Re: arquillian with 7.0.2

Romain Manni-Bucau
In term of support we cover most of it but because of discussions between
oracle and apache we can't guarantee you today we'll get certified. That
said if you find anything we don't support we fix it fast generally and we
have a ton of EE 7 users in prod already since some years.

> OK tnx.
>
> Btw. what is the status for a final release? According to jira theres a lot
> of "Insure support for JSR-XYZ". Is there any estimate when this is done?
>
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > excluding "derby" from the scanning should work using exclusions.list or
> > equivalent system property.
> >

> > Le 4 juil. 2017 13:08, "Me Self" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > btw this is with the embedded adapter. The remote one does not trigger
> this
> > issue.
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Me Self <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > Switching from TomEE 1.7.4 to 7.0.2 arquillian tests begin to spew out
> > > lot of these warnings. The tests still work. Is there a way to silence
> > it?
> > >
> > > WARNING: Failed to scan [file: ...]
> > >
> > > java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\.m2\org\apache\derby\derbyt
> > > ools\10.13.1.1\derbyLocale_cs.jar
> > >
> > >         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
> > >
> > >         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:219)
> > >
> > >         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:149)
> > >
> > >         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166)
> > >
> > >         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130)
> > >
> > >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(
> JarFileUrlJ
> > > ar.java:60)
> > >
> > >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(
> JarFactor
> > > y.java:48)
> > >
> > >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(
> Stand
> > > ardJarScanner.java:338)
> > >
> > >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(
> Standard
> > > JarScanner.java:288)
> > >         at org.apache.tomee.loader.TomEEJarScanner.scan(
> TomEEJarScanner
> > > .java:61)

Re: arquillian with 7.0.2

Me Self
OK. Btw. I noticed that WEB-INF/exclusions.list does not prevent TomEE from
scanning Jar files it finds inside META-INF/MANIFEST.MF files. For instance
if I put "itext" in the exclusions.list but itext contains a manifest that
mentions bcmail then TomEE will still try to scan bcmail but fail to find
the file (causing the warning shown in my first post).

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0

Created-By: 1.4.2_17-b06 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Main-Class: com.lowagie.tools.ToolboxAvailable

Class-Path: iText-toolbox.jar iText-toolbox-2.1.4.jar bcmail-jdk14-138

.jar bcprov-jdk14-138.jar

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> In term of support we cover most of it but because of discussions between
> oracle and apache we can't guarantee you today we'll get certified. That
> said if you find anything we don't support we fix it fast generally and we
> have a ton of EE 7 users in prod already since some years.

> rmannibucau> |

> > OK tnx.
> >
> > Btw. what is the status for a final release? According to jira theres a
> lot
> > of "Insure support for JSR-XYZ". Is there any estimate when this is done?
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > excluding "derby" from the scanning should work using exclusions.list
> or
> > > equivalent system property.
> > >

> > > Le 4 juil. 2017 13:08, "Me Self" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> > >
> > > btw this is with the embedded adapter. The remote one does not trigger
> > this
> > > issue.

> out
> silence
> > > it?

> > JarFileUrlJ

> > JarFactor

> > Stand

> > Standard
> > TomEEJarScanner

Re: arquillian with 7.0.2

Romain Manni-Bucau
yes Class-Path is an issue

you can surely configure scanManifest on
org.apache.tomee.loader.TomEEJarScanner
in context.xml

that said if the jar is excluded it shoudlnt be scanned at all (not
visible) except by appclassloader which is outside of tomee. Maybe try
setting the system property openejb.additional.exclude to "itext" to ensure
it is read.