Wrong m3 bval dep?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi everybody

Last m3 depends on  a phantom bval release breaking dependency management
it seems.

Was it identified/communicated?

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Thomas Andraschko
I would really like to use the official bval but there is no feedback on my
mail

Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 2. Aug. 2019,
21:42:

> Hi everybody
>
> Last m3 depends on  a phantom bval release breaking dependency management
> it seems.
>
> Was it identified/communicated?

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

David Blevins-2
We definitely can, I'll just need to rewrite the JWT Validation code.

I have an idea on how to do it, it's just time -- Jakarta EE 8 is getting released right now and chewing up all the cycles.

We can delete/disable the feature as well.  I don't want to be the guy holding up the show.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:15 PM, Thomas Andraschko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would really like to use the official bval but there is no feedback on my
> mail
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 2. Aug. 2019,
> 21:42:
>
>> Hi everybody
>>
>> Last m3 depends on  a phantom bval release breaking dependency management
>> it seems.
>>
>> Was it identified/communicated?

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

David Blevins-2
> On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:19 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We can delete/disable the feature as well.  I don't want to be the guy holding up the show.

Dug in to take this route as it's all around simpler.  It looks, however, the build has been failing since the 12th and it's all the JWT code.

 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1137

I unfortunately don't have time to "shave the yak" so to speak.  I'm writing a Github App to implement checks on the 37 Jakarta EE specifications that all need to go up for vote in the next two weeks or there will be no Jakarta EE 8 by CodeOne.  This includes the Bean Validation specification, tck, itself.

Jean-Louis, looks like this is related to the commit and revert you might have done.  We had a pass on the 26th, which I suspect is right before you did the revert.

 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1136

If you can reinstate the fix, I'll go ahead and disable the fancy JWT/BeanValidation feature.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Just looked at it today.
Looks like the build has

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.tomee.patch</groupId>
<artifactId>bval-jsr</artifactId>
<version>2.0.2-69c36fa8-1</version>
</dependency>
But available from maven central is

Should we update to one of those?
Should we go to the official final?

Can you guys give some hints so I can fix it?

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 2:59 AM David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:19 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We can delete/disable the feature as well.  I don't want to be the guy holding up the show.

Dug in to take this route as it's all around simpler.  It looks, however, the build has been failing since the 12th and it's all the JWT code.

 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1137

I unfortunately don't have time to "shave the yak" so to speak.  I'm writing a Github App to implement checks on the 37 Jakarta EE specifications that all need to go up for vote in the next two weeks or there will be no Jakarta EE 8 by CodeOne.  This includes the Bean Validation specification, tck, itself.

Jean-Louis, looks like this is related to the commit and revert you might have done.  We had a pass on the 26th, which I suspect is right before you did the revert.

 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1136

If you can reinstate the fix, I'll go ahead and disable the fancy JWT/BeanValidation feature.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

David Blevins-2
First step would be to get the build passing again.  There are failures which are not related to bean validation.

Once those are fixed and our build is green again, I'll do the work to disable the feature I added that needs a modified BVal.  I hesitate to do it now because the build isn't passing now for unrelated reasons and disabling and changing the BVal version won't fix it.

Looks like it broke with this commit:

 - https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75
 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins
http://www.tomitribe.com

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 5:55 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just looked at it today.
> Looks like the build has
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>org.apache.tomee.patch</groupId>
>   <artifactId>bval-jsr</artifactId>
>   <version>2.0.2-69c36fa8-1</version>
> </dependency>
> But available from maven central is
>

> Should we update to one of those?
> Should we go to the official final?
>
> Can you guys give some hints so I can fix it?
>

> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 2:59 AM David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:19 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > We can delete/disable the feature as well.  I don't want to be the guy holding up the show.
>
> Dug in to take this route as it's all around simpler.  It looks, however, the build has been failing since the 12th and it's all the JWT code.
>
>  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
>  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1137
>
> I unfortunately don't have time to "shave the yak" so to speak.  I'm writing a Github App to implement checks on the 37 Jakarta EE specifications that all need to go up for vote in the next two weeks or there will be no Jakarta EE 8 by CodeOne.  This includes the Bean Validation specification, tck, itself.
>
> Jean-Louis, looks like this is related to the commit and revert you might have done.  We had a pass on the 26th, which I suspect is right before you did the revert.
>
>  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1136
>
> If you can reinstate the fix, I'll go ahead and disable the fancy JWT/BeanValidation feature.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
I fixed it a while back, but when I reverted last week, I reverted the fix
as well.
Sorry about that, I'll fix now.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:12 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> First step would be to get the build passing again.  There are failures
> which are not related to bean validation.
>
> Once those are fixed and our build is green again, I'll do the work to
> disable the feature I added that needs a modified BVal.  I hesitate to do
> it now because the build isn't passing now for unrelated reasons and
> disabling and changing the BVal version won't fix it.
>
> Looks like it broke with this commit:
>
>  -
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75
>  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
>

> --
> David Blevins
> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> > On Aug 5, 2019, at 5:55 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Just looked at it today.
> > Looks like the build has
> >
> > <dependency>
> >   <groupId>org.apache.tomee.patch</groupId>
> >   <artifactId>bval-jsr</artifactId>
> >   <version>2.0.2-69c36fa8-1</version>
> > </dependency>
> > But available from maven central is
> >

> > Should we update to one of those?
> > Should we go to the official final?
> >
> > Can you guys give some hints so I can fix it?
> >

> > --
> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> >

> > On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 2:59 AM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > On Aug 2, 2019, at 4:19 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > We can delete/disable the feature as well.  I don't want to be the guy
> holding up the show.
> >
> > Dug in to take this route as it's all around simpler.  It looks,
> however, the build has been failing since the 12th and it's all the JWT
> code.
> >
> >  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
> >  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1137
> >
> > I unfortunately don't have time to "shave the yak" so to speak.  I'm
> writing a Github App to implement checks on the 37 Jakarta EE
> specifications that all need to go up for vote in the next two weeks or
> there will be no Jakarta EE 8 by CodeOne.  This includes the Bean
> Validation specification, tck, itself.
> >
> > Jean-Louis, looks like this is related to the commit and revert you
> might have done.  We had a pass on the 26th, which I suspect is right
> before you did the revert.
> >
> >  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1136
> >
> > If you can reinstate the fix, I'll go ahead and disable the fancy
> JWT/BeanValidation feature.
> >

> > -David

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Pushed

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:14 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I fixed it a while back, but when I reverted last week, I reverted the fix
> as well.
> Sorry about that, I'll fix now.
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:12 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> First step would be to get the build passing again.  There are failures
>> which are not related to bean validation.
>>
>> Once those are fixed and our build is green again, I'll do the work to
>> disable the feature I added that needs a modified BVal.  I hesitate to do
>> it now because the build isn't passing now for unrelated reasons and
>> disabling and changing the BVal version won't fix it.
>>
>> Looks like it broke with this commit:
>>
>>  -
>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75
>>  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
>>

>> --
>> David Blevins
>> http://twitter.com/dblevins
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>
>> > On Aug 5, 2019, at 5:55 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Just looked at it today.
>> > Looks like the build has
>> >
>> > <dependency>
>> >   <groupId>org.apache.tomee.patch</groupId>
>> >   <artifactId>bval-jsr</artifactId>
>> >   <version>2.0.2-69c36fa8-1</version>
>> > </dependency>
>> > But available from maven central is
>> >

>> > Should we update to one of those?
>> > Should we go to the official final?
>> >
>> > Can you guys give some hints so I can fix it?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>> > http://www.tomitribe.com

>> guy holding up the show.
>> >
>> > Dug in to take this route as it's all around simpler.  It looks,
>> however, the build has been failing since the 12th and it's all the JWT
>> code.
>> >
>> >  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
>> >  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1137
>> >
>> > I unfortunately don't have time to "shave the yak" so to speak.  I'm
>> writing a Github App to implement checks on the 37 Jakarta EE
>> specifications that all need to go up for vote in the next two weeks or
>> there will be no Jakarta EE 8 by CodeOne.  This includes the Bean
>> Validation specification, tck, itself.
>> >
>> > Jean-Louis, looks like this is related to the commit and revert you
>> might have done.  We had a pass on the 26th, which I suspect is right
>> before you did the revert.
>> >
>> >  - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1136
>> >
>> > If you can reinstate the fix, I'll go ahead and disable the fancy
>> JWT/BeanValidation feature.
>> >

>> > -David

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

David Blevins
> On Aug 5, 2019, at 6:14 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I fixed it a while back, but when I reverted last week, I reverted the fix
> as well.
> Sorry about that, I'll fix now.

No apologies necessary.  As the saying goes, the only people who don't break the build are those who do nothing :)

So congratulations is the better sentiment :)

-David

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:12 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> First step would be to get the build passing again.  There are failures
>> which are not related to bean validation.
>>
>> Once those are fixed and our build is green again, I'll do the work to
>> disable the feature I added that needs a modified BVal.  I hesitate to do
>> it now because the build isn't passing now for unrelated reasons and
>> disabling and changing the BVal version won't fix it.
>>
>> Looks like it broke with this commit:
>>
>> -
>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75
>> - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
>>

>> --
>> David Blevins
>> http://twitter.com/dblevins
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>
>>> On Aug 5, 2019, at 5:55 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just looked at it today.
>>> Looks like the build has
>>>
>>> <dependency>
>>>  <groupId>org.apache.tomee.patch</groupId>
>>>  <artifactId>bval-jsr</artifactId>
>>>  <version>2.0.2-69c36fa8-1</version>
>>> </dependency>
>>> But available from maven central is
>>>

>>> Should we update to one of those?
>>> Should we go to the official final?
>>>
>>> Can you guys give some hints so I can fix it?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com

>> holding up the show.
>>>
>>> Dug in to take this route as it's all around simpler.  It looks,
>> however, the build has been failing since the 12th and it's all the JWT
>> code.
>>>
>>> - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
>>> - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1137
>>>
>>> I unfortunately don't have time to "shave the yak" so to speak.  I'm
>> writing a Github App to implement checks on the 37 Jakarta EE
>> specifications that all need to go up for vote in the next two weeks or
>> there will be no Jakarta EE 8 by CodeOne.  This includes the Bean
>> Validation specification, tck, itself.
>>>
>>> Jean-Louis, looks like this is related to the commit and revert you
>> might have done.  We had a pass on the 26th, which I suspect is right
>> before you did the revert.
>>>
>>> - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1136
>>>
>>> If you can reinstate the fix, I'll go ahead and disable the fancy
>> JWT/BeanValidation feature.
>>>

>>> -David

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Thanks David.
New build ...
https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1143

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:20 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Aug 5, 2019, at 6:14 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I fixed it a while back, but when I reverted last week, I reverted the
> fix
> > as well.
> > Sorry about that, I'll fix now.
>
> No apologies necessary.  As the saying goes, the only people who don't
> break the build are those who do nothing :)
>
> So congratulations is the better sentiment :)
>

> -David
>
> > On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:12 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> First step would be to get the build passing again.  There are failures
> >> which are not related to bean validation.
> >>
> >> Once those are fixed and our build is green again, I'll do the work to
> >> disable the feature I added that needs a modified BVal.  I hesitate to
> do
> >> it now because the build isn't passing now for unrelated reasons and
> >> disabling and changing the BVal version won't fix it.
> >>
> >> Looks like it broke with this commit:
> >>
> >> -
> >>
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75
> >> - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1130
> >>

> >> --
> >> David Blevins
> >> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> >> http://www.tomitribe.com

> >> holding up the show.

> >> however, the build has been failing since the 12th and it's all the JWT
> >> code.

> >> writing a Github App to implement checks on the 37 Jakarta EE
> >> specifications that all need to go up for vote in the next two weeks or
> >> there will be no Jakarta EE 8 by CodeOne.  This includes the Bean
> >> Validation specification, tck, itself.

> >> might have done.  We had a pass on the 26th, which I suspect is right
> >> before you did the revert.

> >> JWT/BeanValidation feature.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Build is back to green

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:21 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks David.
> New build ...
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1143
>

> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:20 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> > On Aug 5, 2019, at 6:14 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I fixed it a while back, but when I reverted last week, I reverted the
>> fix
>> > as well.
>> > Sorry about that, I'll fix now.
>>
>> No apologies necessary.  As the saying goes, the only people who don't
>> break the build are those who do nothing :)
>>
>> So congratulations is the better sentiment :)
>>

>> -David

>> do

>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75

>> guy

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
This repo is no more available btw
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1134/

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 5:40 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Build is back to green
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:21 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks David.
>> New build ...
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1143
>>

>> --
>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>> http://www.tomitribe.com

>>> fix
>>>
>>> No apologies necessary.  As the saying goes, the only people who don't
>>> break the build are those who do nothing :)
>>>
>>> So congratulations is the better sentiment :)
>>>

>>> -David

>>> failures

>>> to do

>>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> guy

>>> JWT

>>> or

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Build running with the MP-JWT Bean Validation feature removed and stock bval library.

 - https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1145

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 8:40 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Build is back to green
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 3:21 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks David.
>> New build ...
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1143
>>

>> --
>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>> http://www.tomitribe.com

>>> fix
>>>
>>> No apologies necessary.  As the saying goes, the only people who don't
>>> break the build are those who do nothing :)
>>>
>>> So congratulations is the better sentiment :)
>>>

>>> -David

>>> do

>>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/77bc9450c70326194437a83e10f526c14ed3fa75

>>> guy