[VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

[VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

David Blevins-2
Ok, TCK clean so far.

Maven Repo:

- https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/

Binaries:

- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/

Tag:

- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/

The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the full set of binaries from scratch.

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Thanks David, here is my +1

JLouis

2013/11/17 David Blevins <[hidden email]>

> Ok, TCK clean so far.
>
> Maven Repo:
>
> - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/
>
> Binaries:
>
> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/
>
> Tag:
>
> - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/
>

> The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the
> binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff
> work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the
> full set of binaries from scratch.

Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Matthias Wessendorf-5
that repo worked fine for my tests as well

+1

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Thiago Veronezi
+1

[]s,
Thiago.

Le 17 nov. 2013 16:15, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> +1
>
> []s,
> Thiago.
>

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > that repo worked fine for my tests as well
> >
> > +1
> >
> > -M
> >

> > On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <
> [hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks David, here is my +1
> > >
> > > JLouis

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/

> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/

> binary
> > > diff
> re-evaluate
> > > the

> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis
> > >

> > --
> > Matthias Wessendorf

> > sessions: http://www.slideshare.net/mwessendorf
> > twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Jeff Genender-2

Jeff

November 17, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Ok, TCK clean so far.

Maven Repo:

- https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/

Binaries:

- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/

Tag:

- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/

The vote will go for 72 hours. This one should be fairly easy as the binaries are effectively the same. Will attempt to do a little binary diff work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the full set of binaries from scratch.

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Alan Cabrera
There seems to be a number of license failures after I run

ant -f rat.xml scan

On Nov 17, 2013, at 2:16 AM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, TCK clean so far.
>
> Maven Repo:
>
> - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/
>
> Binaries:
>
> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/
>
> Tag:
>
> - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/
>

> The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the full set of binaries from scratch.

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

David Blevins-2
Digging in.  A gentle note to late feedback like this; we're 2 weeks and several all-nighters into this release :)

This is a very big part of our long release cycles.

The feedback is excellent, the timing could be improved :)

-David

On Nov 17, 2013, at 7:35 PM, "Alan D. Cabrera" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There seems to be a number of license failures after I run
>
> ant -f rat.xml scan
>

> On Nov 17, 2013, at 2:16 AM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, TCK clean so far.
>>
>> Maven Repo:
>>
>> - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/
>>
>> Binaries:
>>
>> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/
>>

>> The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the full set of binaries from scratch.
>>

>> -David

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

David Blevins-2
We were simply missing a lot of excludes in the rat.xml, which I've added in trunk with some small comments.

There were 5 trivial java files missing headers.  No IP in any of them.  Fixed in trunk anyway, but not worth the 18+ community hours to reroll and review new binaries.

-David

On Nov 17, 2013, at 8:17 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Digging in.  A gentle note to late feedback like this; we're 2 weeks and several all-nighters into this release :)
>
> This is a very big part of our long release cycles.
>
> The feedback is excellent, the timing could be improved :)
>

> -David
>
> On Nov 17, 2013, at 7:35 PM, "Alan D. Cabrera" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a number of license failures after I run
>>
>> ant -f rat.xml scan
>>

>> On Nov 17, 2013, at 2:16 AM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, TCK clean so far.
>>>
>>> Maven Repo:
>>>
>>> - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/
>>>
>>> Binaries:
>>>
>>> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/
>>>
>>> Tag:
>>>
>>> - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/
>>>

>>> The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the full set of binaries from scratch.
>>>

>>> -David

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Alex The Rocker
+1, if it helps.

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>wrote:

> We were simply missing a lot of excludes in the rat.xml, which I've added
> in trunk with some small comments.
>
> There were 5 trivial java files missing headers.  No IP in any of them.
>  Fixed in trunk anyway, but not worth the 18+ community hours to reroll and
> review new binaries.
>

> -David
>
> On Nov 17, 2013, at 8:17 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Digging in.  A gentle note to late feedback like this; we're 2 weeks and
> several all-nighters into this release :)
> >
> > This is a very big part of our long release cycles.
> >
> > The feedback is excellent, the timing could be improved :)
> >

> > -David
> >
> > On Nov 17, 2013, at 7:35 PM, "Alan D. Cabrera" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> There seems to be a number of license failures after I run
> >>
> >> ant -f rat.xml scan

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/

> binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff
> work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the
> full set of binaries from scratch.

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Dain Sundstrom

-dain
dsh

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

dsh

Cheers
Daniel

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Ok, TCK clean so far.
>
> Maven Repo:
>
> - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/
>
> Binaries:
>
> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/
>
> Tag:
>
> - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/
>

> The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the
> binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff
> work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the
> full set of binaries from scratch.

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Ok, my +1

-David

On Nov 19, 2013, at 6:54 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, my +1
>
> -David
>
> On Nov 17, 2013, at 2:16 AM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, TCK clean so far.
>>
>> Maven Repo:
>>
>> - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/
>>
>> Binaries:
>>
>> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/
>>

>> The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the full set of binaries from scratch.
>>

>> -David

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Bjorn Danielsson

Switched from EclipseLink to OpenJPA in my app and did a quick test.
Fixed a bug in my own code as a result :-) Everything ok after that.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, TCK clean so far.
>
> Maven Repo:
>
> - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-147/
>
> Binaries:
>
> - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-147/tomee-1.6.0/
>
> Tag:
>
> - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/tags/tomee-1.6.0/
>

> The vote will go for 72 hours.  This one should be fairly easy as the binaries are effectively the same.  Will attempt to do a little binary diff work later today to save everyone the trouble of having to re-evaluate the full set of binaries from scratch.

Re: [VOTE] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
So much feedback. That's awesome.
vote is going to close. David is currently sleeping, but he should do that
after i guess.

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis

[RESULT] TomEE 1.6.0 / OpenEJB 4.6.0 (staging-147)

Ok, vote passes with 11 +1s and no other votes.

+1s:

Alex the Rocker
Bjorn Danielsson
Dain Sundstrom
Daniel S. Haischt
David Blevins
Jean-Louis Monteiro
Jeff Genender
Jonathan Gallimore
Matthias Wessendorf
Romain Manni-Bucau
Thiago Veronezi

Will push the binaries.  It will take a few hours for them to be picked up by the mirrors.  Then we can update the download links.  Still some effort required for the release notes and announcement to be created, but hopefully we can have that done for some press coverage next Monday -- announcing stuff on Thursdays or Fridays usually goes ignored.

A huge thank you to everyone who voted and contributed to the release.  Extra special thank you to Mark Struberg and Jean-Louis for working in our sister communities OpenWebBeans and OpenJPA to get things in shape there.  This was definitely a considerable group effort! :)

Now time for bed! :)

-David