[VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

jgallimore
Hi All,

Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
careful look, review, test and provide feedback.

Maven Repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/

Binaries & Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/

Tag:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1

Release notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179

The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as the
previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one should
be ok too - but please check.

Please VOTE:

[+1] Yes, release it
[+0] Not fussed
[-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
showstopper is)

Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Marco Ferreira
+1

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 07:18, Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/
>
> Tag:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as the
> previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one should
> be ok too - but please check.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

AAte

Atenciosamente,

Marco Ferreira
[image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
<https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api>

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Daniel Cunha-2
+1

Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
+1 :  )
--

*Daniel Dias dos Santos*
Java Developer

Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 11:52, Daniel Cunha <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> +1
>
> Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 11:44, Marco Ferreira <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 07:18, Jonathan Gallimore <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
> > > careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
> > >
> > > Maven Repo:
> > >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/
> > >
> > > Binaries & Source:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/
> > >
> > > Tag:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
> > >
> > > Release notes:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
> > >
> > > The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE
> > 7.1.2
> > > (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> > > 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as
> the
> > > previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one
> should
> > > be ok too - but please check.
> > >
> > > Please VOTE:
> > >
> > > [+1] Yes, release it
> > > [+0] Not fussed
> > > [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> > > showstopper is)
> > >
> > > Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Jon
> > >

> > --
> > AAte
> >
> > Atenciosamente,
> >
> > Marco Ferreira
> > [image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
> > <
> >
> https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api
> > >

> --
> Daniel "soro" Cunha
> https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Cesar Hernandez
+1

El mié., 8 ene. 2020 a las 14:14, Daniel Dias Dos Santos (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

> +1 :  )
> --
>
> *Daniel Dias dos Santos*
> Java Developer
> SouJava & JCP Member
> GitHub: https://github.com/Daniel-Dos
> Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danieldiasjava
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieldiasjava
>

> Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 11:52, Daniel Cunha <[hidden email]>
> escreveu:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 11:44, Marco Ferreira <
> > [hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > > +1

> take a

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179

> > > 7.1.2
> for
> > the
> > should

> > > --
> > > AAte
> > >
> > > Atenciosamente,
> > >
> > > Marco Ferreira
> > > [image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
> > > <
> > >

> https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api
> > > >

> > --
> > Daniel "soro" Cunha
> > https://twitter.com/dvlc_

César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Zowalla, Richard
Hi,

+1 from my side.

I tested the re-rolled 8.0.1-RELEASE with our fullstack EAR app.

Thanks, John for your time / work in preparing this release artifact :)

Best,
Richard (Z)

Am Mittwoch, den 08.01.2020, 15:32 -0600 schrieb Cesar Hernandez:
+1

El mié., 8 ene. 2020 a las 14:14, Daniel Dias Dos Santos (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

+1 :  )
--

[image: <a href="https://]about.me/m.ferreira">https://]about.me/m.ferreira
<

https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

smime.p7s (9K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Richard Monson-Haefel

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:18 AM Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/
>
> Tag:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as the
> previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one should
> be ok too - but please check.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Wiesner, Martin
+1 (non-binding)

Tested with several WAR projects (primarily web services, JAXB, REST…)

Best
Martin

Am 08.01.2020 um 22:32 schrieb Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]>:

+1

El mié., 8 ene. 2020 a las 14:14, Daniel Dias Dos Santos (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

+1 :  )
--

[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Alex The Rocker
+1 (non-binding)

Ran same tests as with Apache TomEE+ 7.1.2 with same prerequisite.

Kind regards,
Alexandre

Le ven. 10 janv. 2020 à 17:50, Wiesner, Martin
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
>

> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
>

> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE
>
> 7.1.2
>
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release
>
> for
>
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as
>
> the
>
> previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one
>
> should
>
> be ok too - but please check.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Here's my +1.

Jon

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:18 AM Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/
>
> Tag:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE
> 7.1.2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release
> for 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as
> the previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one
> should be ok too - but please check.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Mark Struberg-2

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 08.01.2020 um 11:18 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/
>
> Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as the
> previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one should
> be ok too - but please check.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins
http://www.tomitribe.com

> On Jan 8, 2020, at 2:18 AM, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/
>
> Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as the
> previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one should
> be ok too - but please check.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Hi All,

We've had the following votes:

+1s:

Marco Ferreira
Daniel Cunha
Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Cesar Hernandez
Richard Zowalla
Richard Monson-Haefel
Martin Wiesner
Alexandre Vermeerbergen
Jonathan Gallimore (binding)
Mark Struberg (binding)
David Blevins (binding)

We have no other votes (0 or -1) so this vote passes, and I'll promote the
release artifacts and add the release to the website.

Many thanks everyone for voting!

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 8.0.1. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1161/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1161/tomee-8.0.1/
>
> Tag:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12346179
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE
> 7.1.2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release
> for 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. The binary here should be the same as
> the previous vote, so if you were ok with that, theoretically this one
> should be ok too - but please check.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release TomEE 8.0.1

Alex The Rocker
Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for having handled the huge work of releasing
7.0.7, 7.1.2 and 8.0.1 versions of Apache TomEE.
I see all links are up to date at TomEE's download page:
http://tomee.apache.org/download-ng.html

Kind regards,
Alexandre