[VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

jgallimore
Hi All,

Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
careful look, review, test and provide feedback.

Maven Repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/

Binaries & Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/

Tag:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2

Release notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660

The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation jar,
which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
breaking changes.

Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as TomEE
does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g. serializer)
in your application itself.

Please VOTE:

[+1] Yes, release it
[+0] Not fussed
[-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
showstopper is)

Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

Daniel Cunha-2
+1

Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 07:23, Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/
>
> Tag:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
> previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation jar,
> which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
> breaking changes.
>
> Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as TomEE
> does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
> Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g. serializer)
> in your application itself.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

Cesar Hernandez
+1

El mié., 8 ene. 2020 a las 8:53, Daniel Cunha (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> +1
>
> Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 07:23, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
> > careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
> >
> > Maven Repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/
> >
> > Binaries & Source:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/
> >
> > Tag:
> >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2
> >
> > Release notes:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660
> >
> > The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE
> 7.1.2
> > (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> > 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
> > previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation
> jar,
> > which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
> > breaking changes.
> >
> > Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as
> TomEE
> > does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
> > Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g.
> serializer)
> > in your application itself.
> >
> > Please VOTE:
> >
> > [+1] Yes, release it
> > [+0] Not fussed
> > [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> > showstopper is)
> >
> > Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
> >
> > Thanks

> Daniel "soro" Cunha
> https://twitter.com/dvlc_

César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

Richard Monson-Haefel

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:23 AM Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/
>
> Tag:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
> previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation jar,
> which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
> breaking changes.
>
> Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as TomEE
> does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
> Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g. serializer)
> in your application itself.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

Alex The Rocker
Hello Jon,

+1 (non-binding)

Tried this Apache TomEE+ 7.1.2 with plenty of web apps, on Linux
CentOS 7.6 & Windows Server 2016, with various AdoptOpenJDK (8 Open9,
11 OpenJ9 and 11 HotSpot flavors).

Found no other issues than JAX-RS ones caused by few of our Java web
methods signatures not being strictly Java Beans-compliant.

For example, we had Java beans using isXXX() method when XXX is a
java.lang.Boolean instead of native type boolean. Also we had some
'case' errors like getxXX() accessor for property XXX. These mistakes
in our beans were accepted by TomEE+ 7.1.1, but not by 7.1.2 which is
more strict ((like TomEE 8.0.x), and we know that it's our webapps'
fault, hence my +1 anyway.

Kind regards,
Alexandre Vermeerbergen

Le mer. 8 janv. 2020 à 11:23, Jonathan Gallimore
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/
>
> Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
> previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation jar,
> which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
> breaking changes.
>
> Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as TomEE
> does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
> Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g. serializer)
> in your application itself.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

My +1.

Jon

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:23 AM Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/
>
> Tag:
>

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE
> 7.1.2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release
> for 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
> previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation jar,
> which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
> breaking changes.
>
> Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as
> TomEE does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
> Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g. serializer)
> in your application itself.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

Mark Struberg-2

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 08.01.2020 um 11:23 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/
>
> Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
> previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation jar,
> which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
> breaking changes.
>
> Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as TomEE
> does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
> Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g. serializer)
> in your application itself.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins
http://www.tomitribe.com

> On Jan 8, 2020, at 2:23 AM, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here's a second attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.1.2. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1159/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1159/tomee-7.1.2/
>
> Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345660
>
> The previous votes were cancelled after an issue was found with TomEE 7.1.2
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2758) and the release for
> 7.0.7 had incorrect artifacts. This binary should be the same as the
> previous one, with the exception of the addition of jakarta.activation jar,
> which was included in TomEE 7.1.1 and removing it potentially would cause
> breaking changes.
>
> Please note that this version does not include Xalan or serializer as TomEE
> does not require these for normal operation. If your application uses
> Xalan, you will need to include it, and its dependencies (e.g. serializer)
> in your application itself.
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.1.2

Hi All,

We've had the following votes:

+1s:

Daniel Cunha
Cesar Hernandez
Richard Monson-Haefel
Alexandre Vermeerbergen
Jonathan Gallimore (binding)
Mark Struberg (binding)
David Blevins (binding)

We have no other votes (0 or -1) so this vote passes, and I'll promote the
release artifacts and add the release to the website.

Many thanks everyone for voting!