[VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

jgallimore
Hi All,

Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
careful look, review, test and provide feedback.

Maven Repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/

Binaries & Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/

Tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1>
7.1.2

Release notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659

Please VOTE:

[+1] Yes, release it
[+0] Not fussed
[-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
showstopper is)

Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Alex The Rocker
Hi Jon,

The 7.0.7 release notes seem to be bugged: many of the entries pointed
by the list are still Unresolved.
Take for example this one:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1395 (first of the list),
and this one: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1697

Looks like only a few ones, lile
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2750 are actually
resolved...

Could the release notes be fixed to have a reliable list of fixed
issues / improvements .etc ?

Kind regards
Alexandre

Le jeu. 19 déc. 2019 à 16:54, Jonathan Gallimore
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1>
> 7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

jgallimore
> Could the release notes be fixed to have a reliable list of fixed issues
/ improvements .etc ?

Yes, I'll work through all the release notes as soon as I can and I'll send
an update here.

Jon

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 4:02 PM Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> The 7.0.7 release notes seem to be bugged: many of the entries pointed
> by the list are still Unresolved.
> Take for example this one:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1395 (first of the list),
> and this one: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1697
>
> Looks like only a few ones, lile
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2750 are actually
> resolved...
>
> Could the release notes be fixed to have a reliable list of fixed
> issues / improvements .etc ?
>
> Kind regards
> Alexandre
>
> Le jeu. 19 déc. 2019 à 16:54, Jonathan Gallimore
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> > careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
> >
> > Maven Repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
> >
> > Binaries & Source:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
> >
> > Tag:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> > <
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
> >
> > 7.1.2
> >
> > Release notes:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
> >
> > Please VOTE:
> >
> > [+1] Yes, release it
> > [+0] Not fussed
> > [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> > showstopper is)
> >
> > Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Thank you Jonathan!

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> On Dec 19, 2019, at 7:54 AM, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1>
> 7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Mark Struberg-2

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 19.12.2019 um 16:54 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1>
> 7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Le dim. 22 déc. 2019 à 10:11, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> +1
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 19.12.2019 um 16:54 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> > careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
> >
> > Maven Repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
> >
> > Binaries & Source:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
> >
> > Tag:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> > <
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
> >
> > 7.1.2
> >
> > Release notes:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
> >
> > Please VOTE:
> >
> > [+1] Yes, release it
> > [+0] Not fussed
> > [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> > showstopper is)
> >
> > Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Here's my +1. The release notes should be looking ok now.

Jon

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 3:54 PM Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1>
> 7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Richard Monson-Haefel

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Cesar Hernandez
+1

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 07:20 Richard Monson-Haefel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 1:11 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Le dim. 22 déc. 2019 à 10:11, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> > écrit :
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > LieGrue,
> > > strub

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/

> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Alex The Rocker
Hello All,

I am afraid that the link next to "Binaries & Source"
(https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/)
leads to a page which also shows 7.1.2 artifacts instead of 7.0.7
ones.

So I am unable to get 7.0.7 binaries to validate this candidate release.
I doubt that the 7.0.7 votes made so far are meaningful... did people
actually test this TomEE 7.0.7 candidate release?

<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
>
> Maven Repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
>
> Binaries & Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1>
> 7.1.2
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
>
> Please VOTE:
>
> [+1] Yes, release it
> [+0] Not fussed
> [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> showstopper is)
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
>
> Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

jgallimore
All, this vote is cancelled. I'll reroll a new release in the new year.

Jon

On Thu, 26 Dec 2019, 17:38 Alex The Rocker, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am afraid that the link next to "Binaries & Source"
> (https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/)
> leads to a page which also shows 7.1.2 artifacts instead of 7.0.7
> ones.
>
> So I am unable to get 7.0.7 binaries to validate this candidate release.
> I doubt that the 7.0.7 votes made so far are meaningful... did people
> actually test this TomEE 7.0.7 candidate release?
>
> Kind regards,
> Alexandre
>
> Le jeu. 19 déc. 2019 à 16:54, Jonathan Gallimore
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> > careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
> >
> > Maven Repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
> >
> > Binaries & Source:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
> >
> > Tag:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> > <
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
> >
> > 7.1.2
> >
> > Release notes:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
> >
> > Please VOTE:
> >
> > [+1] Yes, release it
> > [+0] Not fussed
> > [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> > showstopper is)
> >
> > Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

> did people actually test this TomEE 7.0.7 candidate release

Something has gone wrong with this specific release which has seen the
wrong artifact go to Maven.

This is a shame for me, as I have put considerable effort (several days...)
into getting this release out, and I had run a lot of tests on the
artifacts, with the slight issue that they were built on my machine.

I apologize for the issue. I'll re-roll incorporating your
serializer feedback when I can, but I suspect it'll be in the new year.

Jon

On Thu, 26 Dec 2019, 17:38 Alex The Rocker, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am afraid that the link next to "Binaries & Source"
> (https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/)
> leads to a page which also shows 7.1.2 artifacts instead of 7.0.7
> ones.
>
> So I am unable to get 7.0.7 binaries to validate this candidate release.
> I doubt that the 7.0.7 votes made so far are meaningful... did people
> actually test this TomEE 7.0.7 candidate release?
>
> Kind regards,
> Alexandre
>
> Le jeu. 19 déc. 2019 à 16:54, Jonathan Gallimore
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Here's a first attempt at roll of a TomEE 7.0.7. Please can you take a
> > careful look, review, test and provide feedback.
> >
> > Maven Repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1158/
> >
> > Binaries & Source:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1158/tomee-7.0.7/
> >
> > Tag:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-
> > <
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/tomee-8.0.1
> >
> > 7.1.2
> >
> > Release notes:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12345659
> >
> > Please VOTE:
> >
> > [+1] Yes, release it
> > [+0] Not fussed
> > [-1] Don't release, there's a showstopper (please specify what the
> > showstopper is)
> >
> > Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release TomEE 7.0.7

Alex The Rocker
Hi Jon,

As usual: "only the ones who do nothing never do mistakes".

You do a tremendous job with TomEE, and a community is only good as
long as its people "play the game".

Testing candidate releases and giving feedback (+1/0/-1 or like me
just say: "I think I found something weird..." with some useful
traces) is something people subscribing to this mailing list should do
if they enjoy TomEE.

My own experience is that such feedback are always taken seriously,
and that "contributing" is not reserved to an elite doing PR (the
famous "Pull Requests").

Happy end of year to all TomEE contributors!

Alexandre