[VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

[VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Roberto Cortez
Hi everyone,

Here is ML2 of TomEE 8. It took me way longer than I expected, since I found a few issues that I had to fix to perform the release properly. Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a final one.

Probably the most interesting feature of this release is the full support of MP 2.0 in the microprofile TomEE flavour.

As part of the release, I also had to release a patched version of BVal2 with tomee groupId, alongside TomEE itself

Staging Repos:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/> (BVal 2)
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/> (TomEE)

Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip>
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip>

Dist Area:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>

JIRA:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>

Thank you!

Please vote:
+1: Release
0: I don’t care
-1 Do not release because ...

The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Cesar Hernandez
+1
Thank you!

El vie., 25 ene. 2019 a las 19:16, Roberto Cortez
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is ML2 of TomEE 8. It took me way longer than I expected, since I
> found a few issues that I had to fix to perform the release properly.
> Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to
> be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a final
> one.
>
> Probably the most interesting feature of this release is the full support
> of MP 2.0 in the microprofile TomEE flavour.
>
> As part of the release, I also had to release a patched version of BVal2
> with tomee groupId, alongside TomEE itself
>
> Staging Repos:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/>
> (BVal 2)
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/>
> (TomEE)
>
> Source:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> <
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> <
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> >

> Dist Area:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>
>
> JIRA:
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>
>
> Thank you!
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> binding votes).
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Thank you Roberto.
I'll review over the weekend or Monday morning first time.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 3:26 AM César Hernández Mendoza <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
> Thank you!
>
> El vie., 25 ene. 2019 a las 19:16, Roberto Cortez
> (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Here is ML2 of TomEE 8. It took me way longer than I expected, since I
> > found a few issues that I had to fix to perform the release properly.
> > Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need
> > be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a final
> > one.
> >
> > Probably the most interesting feature of this release is the full support
> > of MP 2.0 in the microprofile TomEE flavour.
> >
> > As part of the release, I also had to release a patched version of BVal2
> > with tomee groupId, alongside TomEE itself
> >
> > Staging Repos:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/
> <
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/>
> > (BVal 2)
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/
> <
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/>
> > (TomEE)
> >
> > Source:
> >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> > <
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> > >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> > <
> >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> > >

> > Dist Area:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>
> >
> > JIRA:
> > https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <
> > https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Please vote:
> > +1: Release
> > 0: I don’t care
> > -1 Do not release because ...
> >
> > The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> > binding votes).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto
>

> --
> Atentamente:
> César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana
+1 nice Roberto

Thank you, Roberto!

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> On Jan 25, 2019, at 5:15 PM, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is ML2 of TomEE 8. It took me way longer than I expected, since I found a few issues that I had to fix to perform the release properly. Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a final one.
>
> Probably the most interesting feature of this release is the full support of MP 2.0 in the microprofile TomEE flavour.
>
> As part of the release, I also had to release a patched version of BVal2 with tomee groupId, alongside TomEE itself
>
> Staging Repos:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/> (BVal 2)
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/> (TomEE)
>
> Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip>
>
> Dist Area:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>
>
> JIRA:
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>
>
> Thank you!
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

chongma
+1  i will grab a copy and test it locally with my projects later and let you
know if there are any difficulties

Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
+1
Thank you!

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 12:26 PM chongma <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1  i will grab a copy and test it locally with my projects later and let
> you
> know if there are any difficulties

> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

ivanjunckes
+1 Thanks man!

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:48 AM Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
> Thank you!
>
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 12:26 PM chongma <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1  i will grab a copy and test it locally with my projects later and let
> > you
> > know if there are any difficulties
> >

> > --
> > Sent from:
> > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

brunobat

I've tested the webprofile, microprofile and plus flavors on linux with
openjdk version "1.8.0_191.

Used several apps and it looks good to me.

Thanks Roberto!

Bruno Baptista
https://twitter.com/brunobat_

On 26/01/19 01:15, Roberto Cortez wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is ML2 of TomEE 8. It took me way longer than I expected, since I found a few issues that I had to fix to perform the release properly. Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a final one.
>
> Probably the most interesting feature of this release is the full support of MP 2.0 in the microprofile TomEE flavour.
>
> As part of the release, I also had to release a patched version of BVal2 with tomee groupId, alongside TomEE itself
>
> Staging Repos:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/> (BVal 2)
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/> (TomEE)
>
> Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip>
>
> Dist Area:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>
>
> JIRA:
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>
>
> Thank you!
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Couple of queries:

Looks like failsafe-1.0.4.jar has been dropped (microprofile distribution)
- was that intended?

Looks like the following have been downgraded since 8.0.0.M1:

stax2-api (4.1 -> 3.1.4)
woodstox-core (5.1.0 -> 5.0.3)
xbean-asm6-shaded (4.10 -> 4.8) (other xbean deps upgraded from 4.10 to
4.12)

There's a xbean-asm6-shaded and a xbean-asm7-shaded - not an issue, but we
ought to look to bring everything up to xbean-asm7-shaded when we can
(happy to provide some guidance to someone who wants to tackle it).

These are queries rather than showstoppers requiring a re-roll. I'm
otherwise +1, and many thanks for getting this release out.

Cheers

Jon

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 1:16 AM Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is ML2 of TomEE 8. It took me way longer than I expected, since I
> found a few issues that I had to fix to perform the release properly.
> Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to
> be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a final
> one.
>
> Probably the most interesting feature of this release is the full support
> of MP 2.0 in the microprofile TomEE flavour.
>
> As part of the release, I also had to release a patched version of BVal2
> with tomee groupId, alongside TomEE itself
>
> Staging Repos:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/>
> (BVal 2)
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/>
> (TomEE)
>
> Source:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> <
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> <
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> >

> Dist Area:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>
>
> JIRA:
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>
>
> Thank you!
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> binding votes).
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

brunobat
Hi Jon,

About the failsafe-1.0.4.jar absence... This is no logger required by
the new safeguard-impl-1.2.0.jar. We are good on that regard.

Cheers

Bruno Baptista
https://twitter.com/brunobat_

On 28/01/19 11:11, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> [...]
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
>> Dist Area:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>
>>
>> JIRA:
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Please vote:
>> +1: Release
>> 0: I don’t care
>> -1 Do not release because ...
>>
>> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
>> binding votes).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

jgallimore
Awesome, thanks for the update.

Jon

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:15 AM Bruno Baptista <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> >> Dist Area:
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <
> >> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>
> >>
> >> JIRA:
> >> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <
> >> https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>
> >>
> >> Thank you!
> >>
> >> Please vote:
> >> +1: Release
> >> 0: I don’t care
> >> -1 Do not release because ...
> >>
> >> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> >> binding votes).
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Like Bruno said, the initial version of Fault Tolerance used to be a wrapper around Apache Failsafe. In the last version, Geronimo wrote their own implementation and dropped the Failsafe dependency.

Regarding stax and woodstox, there are CXF dependency and they were downgraded here:
https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4 <https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4>

Not much explanation on why. I guess they found some sort of issue with the upgrade. Interesting is that they have tried to update it again and dropped it back:
https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098 <https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098>

That one has some more information. Anyway, I think we are ok with that.

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 28 Jan 2019, at 11:15, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Awesome, thanks for the update.
>
> Jon
>
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:15 AM Bruno Baptista <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> About the failsafe-1.0.4.jar absence... This is no logger required by
>> the new safeguard-impl-1.2.0.jar. We are good on that regard.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Bruno Baptista
>> https://twitter.com/brunobat_
>>

>> On 28/01/19 11:11, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:
>>> Couple of queries:
>>>
>>> Looks like failsafe-1.0.4.jar has been dropped (microprofile
>> distribution)
>>> - was that intended?
>>>
>>> Looks like the following have been downgraded since 8.0.0.M1:
>>>
>>> stax2-api (4.1 -> 3.1.4)
>>> woodstox-core (5.1.0 -> 5.0.3)
>>> xbean-asm6-shaded (4.10 -> 4.8) (other xbean deps upgraded from 4.10 to
>>> 4.12)
>>>
>>> There's a xbean-asm6-shaded and a xbean-asm7-shaded - not an issue, but
>> we
>>> ought to look to bring everything up to xbean-asm7-shaded when we can
>>> (happy to provide some guidance to someone who wants to tackle it).
>>>
>>> These are queries rather than showstoppers requiring a re-roll. I'm
>>> otherwise +1, and many thanks for getting this release out.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>
>>> On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 1:16 AM Roberto Cortez
>> <[hidden email]>

>> final

>> support

>> <

>> <

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
>>>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
>>>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
>>>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

jgallimore
Thanks for the information - very helpful. I'm a +1 on the VOTE.

Jon

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:32 AM Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Like Bruno said, the initial version of Fault Tolerance used to be a
> wrapper around Apache Failsafe. In the last version, Geronimo wrote their
> own implementation and dropped the Failsafe dependency.
>
> Regarding stax and woodstox, there are CXF dependency and they were
> downgraded here:
>
> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4
> <
> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4
> >

> Not much explanation on why. I guess they found some sort of issue with
> the upgrade. Interesting is that they have tried to update it again and
> dropped it back:
>
> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098
> <
> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098
> >

> That one has some more information. Anyway, I think we are ok with that.
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> > On 28 Jan 2019, at 11:15, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Awesome, thanks for the update.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:15 AM Bruno Baptista <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jon,
> >>
> >> About the failsafe-1.0.4.jar absence... This is no logger required by
> >> the new safeguard-impl-1.2.0.jar. We are good on that regard.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Bruno Baptista
> >> https://twitter.com/brunobat_

> >> distribution)

> >> we

> >> <[hidden email]>

> need
> >> final

> >> support

> BVal2

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/
> >> <
> >>>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/
> >> <
> >>>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip

> least 3

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Thanks Roberto.

Here is my +1

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the information - very helpful. I'm a +1 on the VOTE.
>
> Jon
>
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:32 AM Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jon,
> >
> > Like Bruno said, the initial version of Fault Tolerance used to be a
> > wrapper around Apache Failsafe. In the last version, Geronimo wrote their
> > own implementation and dropped the Failsafe dependency.
> >
> > Regarding stax and woodstox, there are CXF dependency and they were
> > downgraded here:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4
> > <
> >
> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4
> > >

> > Not much explanation on why. I guess they found some sort of issue with
> > the upgrade. Interesting is that they have tried to update it again and
> > dropped it back:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098
> > <
> >
> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098
> > >

> > That one has some more information. Anyway, I think we are ok with that.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto
> >
> > > On 28 Jan 2019, at 11:15, Jonathan Gallimore <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Awesome, thanks for the update.
> > >
> > > Jon

> but

> since I
> properly.
> > need

> > BVal2

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/
> > >>>>
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/
> > >>>>
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> > >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
> > >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
> > >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip

> > least 3

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Roberto Cortez
Right on time! Thanks JL :)

> On 28 Jan 2019, at 22:37, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Roberto.
>
> Here is my +1
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the information - very helpful. I'm a +1 on the VOTE.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:32 AM Roberto Cortez
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jon,
>>>
>>> Like Bruno said, the initial version of Fault Tolerance used to be a
>>> wrapper around Apache Failsafe. In the last version, Geronimo wrote their
>>> own implementation and dropped the Failsafe dependency.
>>>
>>> Regarding stax and woodstox, there are CXF dependency and they were
>>> downgraded here:
>>>

>> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4
>>> <
>>>
>> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4
>>>>

>>> Not much explanation on why. I guess they found some sort of issue with
>>> the upgrade. Interesting is that they have tried to update it again and
>>> dropped it back:
>>>

>> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098
>>> <
>>>
>> https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098
>>>>

>>> That one has some more information. Anyway, I think we are ok with that.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Roberto

>> but

>> since I
>> properly.
>>> need

>>> BVal2

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/
>>>>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/
>>>>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip

>>> least 3

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Roberto Cortez
Hi,

Here are the votes:

+ 1 Binding: David, Jean-Louis and Jon.
+1 Non Binding: César, Otávio, chongma, Gurkan, Ivan, Bruno and Roberto.

And the vote PASSES! :)

Thank you everyone for participating. I will proceed now with the remaining tasks to promote the release.

Cheers,
Roberto