[VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

[VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Roberto Cortez
Hi everyone,

I’ve tried to push all the required stuff to have a Milestone version release of TomEE 8. Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a Final one.

Some of us, are doing sessions on Oracle Code One next week, so it would be nice if we could use an actual release instead of a SNAPSHOT.

For this, I’ve released 3 projects: Java EE 8 API, a patched version of BVal2 with our groupId and TomEE itself.

Staging Repos:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124> (EE8 API)
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125> (BVal 2)
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127> (TomEE)

Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip>
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip>
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip>

Dist Area:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/>

JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12341354 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12341354>

Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1 <http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>

A special thanks to Jon, for helping me out through the process! Thank you!

Please vote:
+1: Release
0: I don’t care
-1 Do not release because ...

The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Matthew Broadhead-2
+1
i installed apache-tomee-8.0.0-M1-plus.tar.gz on my development machine
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS and everything seemed to be working well

On 15/10/18 02:13, Roberto Cortez wrote:

> [...]
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

> On Oct 14, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>

Your key should be in there now.

Thanks for the release, Roberto!

I think the key thing for us is to verify that the legal files are correct.

As long as that checks out, it's totally ok and smart to publish a release for the purposes of getting feedback and flushing out performance issues like the one Thomas found.  I actually think attempting to go for a final as the first release of a major version is an anti-pattern.  Not because it doesn't sound awesome, just because in 18+ years I've never seen it be faster or more stable than releasing milestones or betas at first opportunity.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Yes totally agree on the approach.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:17 AM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > On Oct 14, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe
> someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to
> http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the
> keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url:
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1<
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
>
> Your key should be in there now.
>
> Thanks for the release, Roberto!
>
> I think the key thing for us is to verify that the legal files are correct.
>
> As long as that checks out, it's totally ok and smart to publish a release
> for the purposes of getting feedback and flushing out performance issues
> like the one Thomas found.  I actually think attempting to go for a final
> as the first release of a major version is an anti-pattern.  Not because it
> doesn't sound awesome, just because in 18+ years I've never seen it be
> faster or more stable than releasing milestones or betas at first
> opportunity.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1 (non-binding) if we clearly state it is not usable in production (the
bval security issue the fork didnt fix), -1 (still not binding) otherwise

Le mar. 16 oct. 2018 à 08:22, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Yes totally agree on the approach.
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:17 AM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > > On Oct 14, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I
> believe
> > someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the
> > keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url:
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1<
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
> >
> > Your key should be in there now.
> >
> > Thanks for the release, Roberto!
> >
> > I think the key thing for us is to verify that the legal files are
> correct.
> >
> > As long as that checks out, it's totally ok and smart to publish a
> release
> > for the purposes of getting feedback and flushing out performance issues
> > like the one Thomas found.  I actually think attempting to go for a final
> > as the first release of a major version is an anti-pattern.  Not because
> it
> > doesn't sound awesome, just because in 18+ years I've never seen it be
> > faster or more stable than releasing milestones or betas at first
> > opportunity.
> >

> > -David

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
It works for me too Romain.
+1

Le mar. 16 oct. 2018 à 11:57, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> +1 (non-binding) if we clearly state it is not usable in production (the
> bval security issue the fork didnt fix), -1 (still not binding) otherwise

> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> <
> >

> Le mar. 16 oct. 2018 à 08:22, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
> > Yes totally agree on the approach.
> > --
> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > http://www.tomitribe.com

> > <[hidden email]>

> > believe
> > > someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to
> > > http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the
> > > keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url:
> > > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1<
> > > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
> > >
> > > Your key should be in there now.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the release, Roberto!
> > >
> > > I think the key thing for us is to verify that the legal files are
> > correct.
> > >
> > > As long as that checks out, it's totally ok and smart to publish a
> > release
> > > for the purposes of getting feedback and flushing out performance
> issues
> > > like the one Thomas found.  I actually think attempting to go for a
> final
> > > as the first release of a major version is an anti-pattern.  Not
> because
> > it
> > > doesn't sound awesome, just because in 18+ years I've never seen it be
> > > faster or more stable than releasing milestones or betas at first
> > > opportunity.
> > >

> > > -David

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Roberto Cortez
Yeah, it is a reasonable approach.

> On 16 Oct 2018, at 10:58, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It works for me too Romain.
> +1
>
> Le mar. 16 oct. 2018 à 11:57, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
>> +1 (non-binding) if we clearly state it is not usable in production (the
>> bval security issue the fork didnt fix), -1 (still not binding) otherwise
>>
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>> <
>>>

>> Le mar. 16 oct. 2018 à 08:22, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
>> [hidden email]>
>> a écrit :
>>
>>> Yes totally agree on the approach.
>>> --
>>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com

>>> <[hidden email]>

>>> believe

>>> correct.

>>> release
>> issues
>> final
>> because
>>> it

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Many thanks for working on the release Roberto!

Jon

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:13 AM Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe
> someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to
> http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the
> keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url:
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1 <
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
>
> A special thanks to Jon, for helping me out through the process! Thank you!
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> binding votes).
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Am I jinxing it if I point out you might actually get across the finish line on the first try of your first ever release attempt?

+1

/me ducks for cover

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> [...]
>
> Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1 <http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
>
> A special thanks to Jon, for helping me out through the process! Thank you!
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Richard Monson-Haefel

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:29 PM Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe
> > someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the
> > keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url:
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1 <
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
> >
> > A special thanks to Jon, for helping me out through the process! Thank
> you!
> >
> > Please vote:
> > +1: Release
> > 0: I don’t care
> > -1 Do not release because ...
> >
> > The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> > binding votes).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

César Hernández Mendoza

El dom., 14 oct. 2018 a las 18:13, Roberto Cortez
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> [...]
>
> JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12341354 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12341354>
>
> Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe
> someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to
> http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the
> keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url:
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1 <
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
>
> A special thanks to Jon, for helping me out through the process! Thank you!
>
> Please vote:
> +1: Release
> 0: I don’t care
> -1 Do not release because ...
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3

César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Mark Struberg-2
On travel, will review tonight.

Sent with autocorrect...

> [...]
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe
>>> someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to
>>> http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the
>>> keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url:
>>> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1 <
>>> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>
>>>
>>> A special thanks to Jon, for helping me out through the process! Thank
>> you!
>>>
>>> Please vote:
>>> +1: Release
>>> 0: I don’t care
>>> -1 Do not release because ...
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
>>> binding votes).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

looks good enough for a first release ;)

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 17.10.2018 um 18:31 schrieb Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>:
>
> On travel, will review tonight.
>
> Sent with autocorrect...
>
>> On 17.10.2018, at 16:05, Richard Monson-Haefel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:29 PM Jonathan Gallimore <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Many thanks for working on the release Roberto!
>>>
>>> Jon

>>> and
>>> until

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip

>>> you!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Maybe time to close the vote and promote the staging repo?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
> looks good enough for a first release ;)
>

> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 17.10.2018 um 18:31 schrieb Mark Struberg <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> > On travel, will review tonight.
> >
> > Sent with autocorrect...
> >
> >> On 17.10.2018, at 16:05, Richard Monson-Haefel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> +1

> <[hidden email]

> release

> would

> of

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124 <
> >>>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124>
> >>>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125 <
> >>>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125>
> >>>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127 <
> >>>>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
> >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
> >>>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
> >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
> >>>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
> >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip

> believe

> least 3

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

jgallimore
+1. Let me know if I can help at all.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe time to close the vote and promote the staging repo?
>

> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> > looks good enough for a first release ;)
> >

> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >

> > > Am 17.10.2018 um 18:31 schrieb Mark Struberg <[hidden email]
> > >:
> > >
> > > On travel, will review tonight.
> > >
> > > Sent with autocorrect...

> > <[hidden email]

> version
> > release
> versions

> > would

> > of

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124 <
> > >>>>
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124>
> > >>>>
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125 <
> > >>>>
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125>
> > >>>>
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127 <
> > >>>>
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
> > >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
> > >>>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
> > >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
> > >>>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
> > >>>>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip

> > believe
> the

> Thank

> > least 3

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Roberto Cortez
Hi,

Yeah. Sorry, I was travelling.

Here are the votes:

+ 1 Binding: David, Jean Louis, Mark and Jon.
+1 Non Binding: Romain, César, Richard, Matthew, Roberto

And the vote PASSES! :)

Thank you everyone for participating. I will proceed now with the remaining tasks to promote the release.

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 19 Oct 2018, at 11:46, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1. Let me know if I can help at all.
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Maybe time to close the vote and promote the staging repo?
>>

>> --
>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>> looks good enough for a first release ;)
>>>

>>> LieGrue,
>>> strub

>> [hidden email]>

>>> <[hidden email]

>> version
>>> release
>> versions

>>> would

>>> of

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124 <
>>>>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124>
>>>>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125 <
>>>>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125>
>>>>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127 <
>>>>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip

>>> believe
>> the

>> Thank

>>> least 3

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Matthew Broadhead-2
will it remain as M1 or does it go to 8.0.0?

On 19/10/2018 17:19, Roberto Cortez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yeah. Sorry, I was travelling.
>
> Here are the votes:
>
> + 1 Binding: David, Jean Louis, Mark and Jon.
> +1 Non Binding: Romain, César, Richard, Matthew, Roberto
>
> And the vote PASSES! :)
>
> Thank you everyone for participating. I will proceed now with the remaining tasks to promote the release.
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
>> On 19 Oct 2018, at 11:46, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1. Let me know if I can help at all.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe time to close the vote and promote the staging repo?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> version
>>> versions

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip

>>> the

>>> Thank

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Roberto Cortez
It will remain as M1, yes.

> On 19 Oct 2018, at 08:47, Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> will it remain as M1 or does it go to 8.0.0?
>
> On 19/10/2018 17:19, Roberto Cortez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yeah. Sorry, I was travelling.
>>
>> Here are the votes:
>>
>> + 1 Binding: David, Jean Louis, Mark and Jon.
>> +1 Non Binding: Romain, César, Richard, Matthew, Roberto
>>
>> And the vote PASSES! :)
>>
>> Thank you everyone for participating. I will proceed now with the remaining tasks to promote the release.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>
>>> On 19 Oct 2018, at 11:46, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1. Let me know if I can help at all.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Mark Struberg-2
Btw Romain is technically still PMC member as the board didn't yet ack his removal.
So we even have 5 binding +1  :D

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 19.10.2018 um 17:19 schrieb Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Yeah. Sorry, I was travelling.
>
> Here are the votes:
>
> + 1 Binding: David, Jean Louis, Mark and Jon.
> +1 Non Binding: Romain, César, Richard, Matthew, Roberto
>
> And the vote PASSES! :)
>
> Thank you everyone for participating. I will proceed now with the remaining tasks to promote the release.
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
>> On 19 Oct 2018, at 11:46, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1. Let me know if I can help at all.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe time to close the vote and promote the staging repo?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> version
>>> versions

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip
>>>>>>>>

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip

>>> the

>>> Thank

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Matthew Broadhead-2
why is Romain being removed as a PMC member?

12