[VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Jeff Genender-2

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

kevan
Here's my +1.

One minor note, copyright in the NOTICE file is not current:

Copyright 1999-2009 The Apache OpenEJB development community

Nothing major... Will update in current dev branch...

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

dsh-3

PS: If you want me to I could run the test on the various platforms as
I did last time.

Cheers
Daniel

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Ivan Xu
+1

Ivan

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

jlmonteiro

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Thiago Veronezi
+1

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Shawn J
All EJB related tck cases passed with geronimo 22 branch.

+1

Shawn

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Matthias Wessendorf-5
I am seeing this, when shutting down "tomtom"

SEVERE: The web application [/ejb-examples] appears to have started a
thread named [PoolEviction@17704464] but has failed to stop it. This
is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 4, 2010 8:25:34 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/ejb-examples] appears to have started a
thread named [PoolEviction@2221573] but has failed to stop it. This is
thread named [PoolEviction@11600272] but has failed to stop it. This
is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 4, 2010 8:25:34 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
findResourceInternal
INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
already.  Could not load
org/apache/catalina/loader/JdbcLeakPrevention.class.  The eventual
following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for debugging
purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused
the illegal access, and has no functional impact.
Nov 4, 2010 8:25:34 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesJdbc
WARNING: JDBC driver de-registration failed for web application
[/HelloEjbService]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesJdbc(WebappClassLoader.java:1944)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferences(WebappClassLoader.java:1880)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.stop(WebappClassLoader.java:1798)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.stop(WebappLoader.java:738)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4812)
        at org.apache.openejb.tomcat.catalina.TomcatWsRegistry.removeWsContainer(TomcatWsRegistry.java:242)
        at org.apache.openejb.server.webservices.WsService.beforeApplicationDestroyed(WsService.java:353)
        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.fireBeforeApplicationDestroyed(Assembler.java:182)
        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication(Assembler.java:804)
        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication(Assembler.java:796)
        at org.apache.openejb.tomcat.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.afterStop(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:403)
        at org.apache.openejb.tomcat.catalina.GlobalListenerSupport.lifecycleEvent(GlobalListenerSupport.java:66)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4841)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java:924)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConfig.java:1319)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java:1290)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:323)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1086)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1098)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(StandardEngine.java:450)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:587)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:744)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:648)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$CatalinaShutdownHook.run(Catalina.java:692)
Nov 4, 2010 8:25:34 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am seeing this, when shutting down "tomtom"
>
> SEVERE: The web application [/ejb-examples] appears to have started a
> thread named [PoolEviction@17704464] but has failed to stop it. This
> is very likely to create a memory leak.

Looks like we may need to hook in the undeploy logic on context
lifecycle stop even.  Not sure if that would cause the rest of the
issues, but it would be the source of the pool eviction timer not
being cancelled.

Will take a look tomorrow.  Hopefully can stamp it out and reroll.

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

Jacek Laskowski
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Kevan Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One minor note, copyright in the NOTICE file is not current:
>
> Copyright 1999-2009 The Apache OpenEJB development community
>
> Nothing major... Will update in current dev branch...

Here's my +1 and a comment on Kevan's one: I remember someone's
claiming it's not important at all. I think it was during one Geronimo
release, but can't recall which one and what the final (re)solution
was. I'd be happy to know what US lawyers have to say on it :)

Jacek

Jacek Laskowski
Notatnik Projektanta Java EE - http://jaceklaskowski.pl

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:42 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am seeing this, when shutting down "tomtom"
>>
>> SEVERE: The web application [/ejb-examples] appears to have started a
>> thread named [PoolEviction@17704464] but has failed to stop it. This
>> is very likely to create a memory leak.
>
> Looks like we may need to hook in the undeploy logic on context
> lifecycle stop even.  Not sure if that would cause the rest of the
> issues, but it would be the source of the pool eviction timer not
> being cancelled.
>
> Will take a look tomorrow.  Hopefully can stamp it out and reroll.

Ok, looks like the log message relates to some checks that Tomcat
added just after the STOP event and just before the AFTER_STOP event.
We were doing our undeploy in AFTER_STOP.  So bottom line is the log
messages were reporting things that weren't actually issues.  I moved
our undeploy a bit sooner to happen in STOP and that does take care of
most the log messages.

In the itests it does report some ActiveMQ related threads as still
running, but those seem to be for the resource adapter and broker and
should run as long as tomcat runs.  Will have to investigate that
further, but it shouldn't be an issue.

-David