[VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

dblevins
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

AndyG
Andy,

+1

Win XP/7 32 and 64bit.

[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 18:26.468s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 12 09:22:20 CET 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 442M/989M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

kmalhi
+1

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Andy <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Andy,
>
> +1
>
> Win XP/7 32 and 64bit.
>
> [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 18:26.468s
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 12 09:22:20 CET 2010
> [INFO] Final Memory: 442M/989M
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>


--
Karan Singh Malhi
Karan Singh Malhi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

Ivan Xu
+1

2010/11/12 Karan Malhi <[hidden email]>

> +1
>
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Andy <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Andy,
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Win XP/7 32 and 64bit.
> >
> > [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] Total time: 18:26.468s
> > [INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 12 09:22:20 CET 2010
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 442M/989M
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Karan Singh Malhi
>



--
Ivan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

Thiago Veronezi
In reply to this post by kmalhi
+1

env:

Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-4)
Java version: 1.6.0_22
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/jre
Default locale: en_CA, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.35-22-generic" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 15:16:01-0400)
Java version: 1.6.0_18
Java home: C:\dev\java\jdk1.6.0_18\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7" version: "6.1" arch: "amd64" Family: "windows"

The system I'm working on is working fine too.

[]s,
Thiago

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Karan Malhi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Andy <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Andy,
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Win XP/7 32 and 64bit.
> >
> > [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] Total time: 18:26.468s
> > [INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 12 09:22:20 CET 2010
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 442M/989M
> > [INFO]
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Karan Singh Malhi
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

dblevins
Administrator
In reply to this post by dblevins
Geez, having some very bad release-luck.  Got his question on IRC:

<rniamo> hi, is openejb 3.1.4 java 5 compliant? i think it uses
Property.stringPropertyNames() method which is only java 1.6 compliant

Of course OSX yanked Java 1.5, so I booted up a Parallels VM and ran
the build with WinXP and JDK 1.5 and sure enough...

  [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
  [INFO] Copying 37 resources
  [INFO] Copying 3 resources
  [INFO] [dependency:copy {execution: copy}]
  [INFO] Configured Artifact:
org.apache.openejb:openejb-javaagent:3.1.4-SNAPSHOT:jar
  [INFO] Copying openejb-javaagent-3.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar to C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\target\openejb-javaagent-3.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
  [INFO] [compiler:compile]
  [INFO] Compiling 609 source files to C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\target\classes
  [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
  [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] Compilation failure
  C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\src\main\java\org\apache\openejb\config\AppInfoBuilder.java:[572,76]
cannot find symbol
  symbol  : method stringPropertyNames()
  location: class java.util.Properties



  C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\src\main\java\org\apache\openejb\config\AppInfoBuilder.java:[572,76]
cannot find symbol
  symbol  : method stringPropertyNames()
  location: class java.util.Properties


  [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
  [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  [INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 29 seconds
  [INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 12 10:37:14 PST 2010
  [INFO] Final Memory: 44M/106M
  [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

So anyway, have to change my +1 to a -1 as not having Java 1.5 support
is showstopper -- not something that can wait till next release.

Curse Apple for removing JDK 1.5 ... as if -source 1.5 and/or -target
1.5 is even close to good enough.

Thank you to whoever rniamo is, you saved the day!

Once again.. new binaries shortly.


-David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

stephenconnolly
Have you considered using animal sniffer@mojo to check you only use java 1.5
methods and classes

- Stephen

---
Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes are a direct result
of using swype to type on the screen

On 12 Nov 2010 19:50, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Geez, having some very bad release-luck.  Got his question on IRC:

<rniamo> hi, is openejb 3.1.4 java 5 compliant? i think it uses
Property.stringPropertyNames() method which is only java 1.6 compliant

Of course OSX yanked Java 1.5, so I booted up a Parallels VM and ran
the build with WinXP and JDK 1.5 and sure enough...

 [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
 [INFO] Copying 37 resources
 [INFO] Copying 3 resources
 [INFO] [dependency:copy {execution: copy}]
 [INFO] Configured Artifact:
org.apache.openejb:openejb-javaagent:3.1.4-SNAPSHOT:jar
 [INFO] Copying openejb-javaagent-3.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar to C:\Documents
and
Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\target\openejb-javaagent-3.1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
 [INFO] [compiler:compile]
 [INFO] Compiling 609 source files to C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\target\classes
 [INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
 [INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [INFO] Compilation failure
 C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\src\main\java\org\apache\openejb\config\AppInfoBuilder.java:[572,76]
cannot find symbol
 symbol  : method stringPropertyNames()
 location: class java.util.Properties



 C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\openejb-3.1.x\container\openejb-core\src\main\java\org\apache\openejb\config\AppInfoBuilder.java:[572,76]
cannot find symbol
 symbol  : method stringPropertyNames()
 location: class java.util.Properties


 [INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
 [INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 29 seconds
 [INFO] Finished at: Fri Nov 12 10:37:14 PST 2010
 [INFO] Final Memory: 44M/106M
 [INFO]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So anyway, have to change my +1 to a -1 as not having Java 1.5 support
is showstopper -- not something that can wait till next release.

Curse Apple for removing JDK 1.5 ... as if -source 1.5 and/or -target
1.5 is even close to good enough.

Thank you to whoever rniamo is, you saved the day!

Once again.. new binaries shortly.


-David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.4 release (take 2)

dblevins
Administrator
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Stephen Connolly
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Have you considered using animal sniffer@mojo to check you only use java 1.5
> methods and classes

Hadn't even heard of it.  If you want to send a patch, that'd be excellent.


-David