[VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Ok.  At long last the binaries are ready!  All was rat scanned[1] for
missing headers; there were a few and all that needed them were
fixed.  The LICENSE and NOTICE files updated for the new dependencies
we've added since 3.1.  One of the new jars is Bouncy Castle which
previously had some patented algorithms, but in the 140 version the
patented algorithms were removed, so we're good there.

Binaries tested on OS X with Java 1.5 in modes:

  - OpenEJB Standalone
  - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/o installer
  - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/ installer
  - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/o installer
  - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/ installer

If you'd like to help test (please please), just grab this ant file
and run 'ant test:all'

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/build.xml

Ideally the script should be run on OS X, Linux, Windows XP using JDK
1.5 and JDK 1.6.  More platforms and JDKs welcome, but those are the
ones we've been been doing in all our releases so far.  Just reply
with the OS and JDK version+vendor you used.  Hopefully between all of
us we can get the full matrix covered.

  - - - - - -

Repo:

   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/openejb-034/

Binaries:

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1.1/

Tag:

   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.1.1/

  - - - - - -

Vote will be open for 72 hours.  And as usual, anyone and everyone is
welcome to vote!  It's a great way to show support.

-David

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/rat

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

All looks good OSX with Mac JDK 1.5 and 1.6.

Here's my +1

--
David

On May 28, 2009, at 4:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Ok.  At long last the binaries are ready!  All was rat scanned[1]
> for missing headers; there were a few and all that needed them were
> fixed.  The LICENSE and NOTICE files updated for the new
> dependencies we've added since 3.1.  One of the new jars is Bouncy
> Castle which previously had some patented algorithms, but in the 140
> version the patented algorithms were removed, so we're good there.
>

> Binaries tested on OS X with Java 1.5 in modes:
>
> - OpenEJB Standalone
> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/o installer
> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/ installer
> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/o installer
> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/ installer
>
> If you'd like to help test (please please), just grab this ant file
> and run 'ant test:all'
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/build.xml
>
> Ideally the script should be run on OS X, Linux, Windows XP using
> JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6.  More platforms and JDKs welcome, but those are
> the ones we've been been doing in all our releases so far.  Just
> reply with the OS and JDK version+vendor you used.  Hopefully
> between all of us we can get the full matrix covered.
>

> - - - - - -
>
> Repo:
>
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/openejb-034/
>
> Binaries:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1.1/
>
> Tag:
>
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.1.1/
>
> - - - - - -
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.  And as usual, anyone and everyone
> is welcome to vote!  It's a great way to show support.
>

> -David
>

> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/rat

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Spoke too soon..  Got my hands on a windows machine and am getting
some errors in the Tomcat integration.

    http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowserror.log
    http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowslogs.txt

I've tried the 3.1 binaries on this machine to make sure that it's not
machine related and all ran fine, but just to make sure can someone
else give these a run?

Not sure what the problem might be.  Haven't been able to get any sort
of remote debugging working.  Hoping someone who uses windows
regularly can roll up their sleeves and dig in as well.

-David

On May 28, 2009, at 5:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> All looks good OSX with Mac JDK 1.5 and 1.6.
>
> Here's my +1
>
> -- David
>
> On May 28, 2009, at 4:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Ok.  At long last the binaries are ready!  All was rat scanned[1]
>> for missing headers; there were a few and all that needed them were
>> fixed.  The LICENSE and NOTICE files updated for the new
>> dependencies we've added since 3.1.  One of the new jars is Bouncy
>> Castle which previously had some patented algorithms, but in the
>> 140 version the patented algorithms were removed, so we're good
>> there.
>>

>> Binaries tested on OS X with Java 1.5 in modes:
>>
>> - OpenEJB Standalone
>> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/o installer
>> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/ installer
>> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/o installer
>> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/ installer
>>
>> If you'd like to help test (please please), just grab this ant file
>> and run 'ant test:all'
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/build.xml
>>
>> Ideally the script should be run on OS X, Linux, Windows XP using
>> JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6.  More platforms and JDKs welcome, but those
>> are the ones we've been been doing in all our releases so far.
>> Just reply with the OS and JDK version+vendor you used.  Hopefully
>> between all of us we can get the full matrix covered.
>>

>> - - - - - -
>>
>> Repo:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/openejb-034/
>>
>> Binaries:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1.1/
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.1.1/
>>
>> - - - - - -
>>
>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.  And as usual, anyone and everyone
>> is welcome to vote!  It's a great way to show support.
>>

>> -David
>>

>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/rat

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Jacek Laskowski
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Spoke too soon..  Got my hands on a windows machine and am getting some
> errors in the Tomcat integration.
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowserror.log
>   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowslogs.txt
>
> I've tried the 3.1 binaries on this machine to make sure that it's not
> machine related and all ran fine, but just to make sure can someone else
> give these a run?
>
> Not sure what the problem might be.  Haven't been able to get any sort of
> remote debugging working.  Hoping someone who uses windows regularly can
> roll up their sleeves and dig in as well.

Not sure how much I can be of help, but am running the tests now so
I'll report back with my findings.

Jacek

Jacek Laskowski

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

On May 29, 2009, at 1:25 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM, David Blevins <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>> Spoke too soon..  Got my hands on a windows machine and am getting
>> some
>> errors in the Tomcat integration.
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowserror.log
>>   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowslogs.txt
>>
>> I've tried the 3.1 binaries on this machine to make sure that it's
>> not
>> machine related and all ran fine, but just to make sure can someone
>> else
>> give these a run?
>>
>> Not sure what the problem might be.  Haven't been able to get any
>> sort of
>> remote debugging working.  Hoping someone who uses windows
>> regularly can
>> roll up their sleeves and dig in as well.
>
> Not sure how much I can be of help, but am running the tests now so
> I'll report back with my findings.

Even moral support is good :)

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Jacek Laskowski
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Jacek Laskowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure how much I can be of help, but am running the tests now so
> I'll report back with my findings.

Look at the line 290 of
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src/java/org/apache/catalina/realm/MemoryRealm.java.
That's where the message gets born. The file is referenced in
ejb-examples-1.0/META-INF/context.xml with a very interesting comment:

  <!-- This only works if the context is installed under the correct name -->
  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
      pathname="webapps/ejb-examples/WEB-INF/tomcat-users.xml"/>

It hence gets loaded properly when the war file is ejb-examples.war
not ejb-examples-1.0.war (strip the version). Dunno why the ejb
examples don't work.

Jacek

Jacek Laskowski

3.1.1 Windows failures

On May 29, 2009, at 2:25 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Jacek Laskowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Not sure how much I can be of help, but am running the tests now so
>> I'll report back with my findings.
>
> Look at the line 290 of
> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src/java/org/apache/catalina/realm/MemoryRealm.java
> .
> That's where the message gets born. The file is referenced in
> ejb-examples-1.0/META-INF/context.xml with a very interesting comment:
>
>  <!-- This only works if the context is installed under the correct
> name -->
>  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
>      pathname="webapps/ejb-examples/WEB-INF/tomcat-users.xml"/>
>
> It hence gets loaded properly when the war file is ejb-examples.war
> not ejb-examples-1.0.war (strip the version). Dunno why the ejb
> examples don't work.

The context.xml for the itests webapp looks to be the same as it was
in 3.1, so I'm not sure if that's the culprit.  Though I seem to
recall a context.xml related change between 3.1 and now.  Going to
check that out.

Re: 3.1.1 Windows failures

On May 29, 2009, at 2:58 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 2:25 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Jacek Laskowski
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure how much I can be of help, but am running the tests now so
>>> I'll report back with my findings.
>>
>> Look at the line 290 of
>> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src/java/org/apache/catalina/realm/MemoryRealm.java
>> .
>> That's where the message gets born. The file is referenced in
>> ejb-examples-1.0/META-INF/context.xml with a very interesting
>> comment:
>>
>> <!-- This only works if the context is installed under the correct
>> name -->
>> <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
>>     pathname="webapps/ejb-examples/WEB-INF/tomcat-users.xml"/>
>>
>> It hence gets loaded properly when the war file is ejb-examples.war
>> not ejb-examples-1.0.war (strip the version). Dunno why the ejb
>> examples don't work.
>
> The context.xml for the itests webapp looks to be the same as it was
> in 3.1, so I'm not sure if that's the culprit.  Though I seem to
> recall a context.xml related change between 3.1 and now.  Going to
> check that out.

Think there was something to that.  If I rollback this change http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=739591&view=rev
   then the context errors go away.  At least I think it's related,
the first log involved cygwin so it could be that.

Anyway, still the same test failures and the
"javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name BasicBmpBean is not bound in
this Context" errors in the logs.

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowslog2.txt

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

I've attached my output from the test script run on a clean Windows XP install, with JDK 1.6.0_14. It appears to have passed for me this time, although I have seen the error earlier on.

I'll do another run later, and if I can reproduce it, I'll have a go at fixing it.

Jon

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure how much I can be of help, but am running the tests now so
> I'll report back with my findings.

Look at the line 290 of
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src/java/org/apache/catalina/realm/MemoryRealm.java.
That's where the message gets born. The file is referenced in
ejb-examples-1.0/META-INF/context.xml with a very interesting comment:

 <!-- This only works if the context is installed under the correct name -->
 <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
     pathname="webapps/ejb-examples/WEB-INF/tomcat-users.xml"/>

It hence gets loaded properly when the war file is ejb-examples.war
not ejb-examples-1.0.war (strip the version). Dunno why the ejb
examples don't work.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

output.txt (80K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Jeff Genender-2

On May 28, 2009, at 6:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> All looks good OSX with Mac JDK 1.5 and 1.6.
>
> Here's my +1
>
> -- David
>
> On May 28, 2009, at 4:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Ok.  At long last the binaries are ready!  All was rat scanned[1]
>> for missing headers; there were a few and all that needed them were
>> fixed.  The LICENSE and NOTICE files updated for the new
>> dependencies we've added since 3.1.  One of the new jars is Bouncy
>> Castle which previously had some patented algorithms, but in the
>> 140 version the patented algorithms were removed, so we're good
>> there.
>>

>> Binaries tested on OS X with Java 1.5 in modes:
>>
>> - OpenEJB Standalone
>> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/o installer
>> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/ installer
>> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/o installer
>> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/ installer
>>
>> If you'd like to help test (please please), just grab this ant file
>> and run 'ant test:all'
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/build.xml
>>
>> Ideally the script should be run on OS X, Linux, Windows XP using
>> JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6.  More platforms and JDKs welcome, but those
>> are the ones we've been been doing in all our releases so far.
>> Just reply with the OS and JDK version+vendor you used.  Hopefully
>> between all of us we can get the full matrix covered.
>>

>> - - - - - -
>>
>> Repo:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/openejb-034/
>>
>> Binaries:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1.1/
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.1.1/
>>
>> - - - - - -
>>
>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.  And as usual, anyone and everyone
>> is welcome to vote!  It's a great way to show support.
>>

>> -David
>>

>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/rat

Re: 3.1.1 Windows failures

Jeff Genender-2
Per my +1 in the vote...

I don't have Windows.

Jeff

On May 29, 2009, at 4:44 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 2:58 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> On May 29, 2009, at 2:25 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

>>> Look at the line 290 of
>>> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/cmd/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src/java/org/apache/catalina/realm/MemoryRealm.java
>>> .
>>> That's where the message gets born. The file is referenced in
>>> ejb-examples-1.0/META-INF/context.xml with a very interesting
>>> comment:
>>>
>>> <!-- This only works if the context is installed under the correct
>>> name -->
>>> <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
>>>    pathname="webapps/ejb-examples/WEB-INF/tomcat-users.xml"/>
>>>
>>> It hence gets loaded properly when the war file is ejb-examples.war
>>> not ejb-examples-1.0.war (strip the version). Dunno why the ejb
>>> examples don't work.
>>
>> The context.xml for the itests webapp looks to be the same as it
>> was in 3.1, so I'm not sure if that's the culprit.  Though I seem
>> to recall a context.xml related change between 3.1 and now.  Going
>> to check that out.
>
> Think there was something to that.  If I rollback this change http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=739591&view=rev
>   then the context errors go away.  At least I think it's related,
> the first log involved cygwin so it could be that.
>
> Anyway, still the same test failures and the
> "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name BasicBmpBean is not bound
> in this Context" errors in the logs.
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/windowslog2.txt

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Jacek Laskowski
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Jonathan Gallimore
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've attached my output from the test script run on a clean Windows XP
> install, with JDK 1.6.0_14. It appears to have passed for me this time,
> although I have seen the error earlier on.

What steps did you perform? It'd be nice if we were on the same track :)

Jacek

Jacek Laskowski

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

jgallimore
I did the following:

1. Started a completely clean Windows XP installation in Virtual box
2. Installed JDK 1.6.0_14 from java.sun.com to C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
3. Downloaded Ant 1.7.1 and extracted to C:\Java\apache-ant-1.7.1
4. Downloaded David's script, and placed it in C:\openejbtest
5. Started new command prompt and ran:

cd \openejbtest
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
set ANT_HOME=C:\Java\apache-ant-1.7.1
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Java\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin
ant test:all > output.txt

This was a clean XP SP2, and I left it well alone while the script was
running. I can try the script on my main XP SP3 machine, which is up to date
with patches, later on.

Jon

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Jonathan Gallimore
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've attached my output from the test script run on a clean Windows XP
> > install, with JDK 1.6.0_14. It appears to have passed for me this time,
> > although I have seen the error earlier on.
>
> What steps did you perform? It'd be nice if we were on the same track :)
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> Notatnik Projektanta Java EE - http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Dain Sundstrom
I tested the binaries on:

Linux x86 - Java 1.6 64bit
Solaris x86 - Java 1.6 64bit
Solaris x86 - Java 1.6 32bit

+1

dain

On May 28, 2009, at 4:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Ok.  At long last the binaries are ready!  All was rat scanned[1]
> for missing headers; there were a few and all that needed them were
> fixed.  The LICENSE and NOTICE files updated for the new
> dependencies we've added since 3.1.  One of the new jars is Bouncy
> Castle which previously had some patented algorithms, but in the 140
> version the patented algorithms were removed, so we're good there.
>

> Binaries tested on OS X with Java 1.5 in modes:
>
> - OpenEJB Standalone
> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/o installer
> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/ installer
> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/o installer
> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/ installer
>
> If you'd like to help test (please please), just grab this ant file
> and run 'ant test:all'
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/build.xml
>
> Ideally the script should be run on OS X, Linux, Windows XP using
> JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6.  More platforms and JDKs welcome, but those are
> the ones we've been been doing in all our releases so far.  Just
> reply with the OS and JDK version+vendor you used.  Hopefully
> between all of us we can get the full matrix covered.
>

> - - - - - -
>
> Repo:
>
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/openejb-034/
>
> Binaries:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1.1/
>
> Tag:
>
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.1.1/
>
> - - - - - -
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.  And as usual, anyone and everyone
> is welcome to vote!  It's a great way to show support.
>

> -David
>

> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/rat

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Dain Sundstrom
Here are the logs:

http://people.apache.org/~dain/openejb-3.1.1/

-dain

On May 29, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I tested the binaries on:
>
> Linux x86 - Java 1.6 64bit
> Solaris x86 - Java 1.6 64bit
> Solaris x86 - Java 1.6 32bit
>
> +1
>
> dain
>
> On May 28, 2009, at 4:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Ok.  At long last the binaries are ready!  All was rat scanned[1]
>> for missing headers; there were a few and all that needed them were
>> fixed.  The LICENSE and NOTICE files updated for the new
>> dependencies we've added since 3.1.  One of the new jars is Bouncy
>> Castle which previously had some patented algorithms, but in the
>> 140 version the patented algorithms were removed, so we're good
>> there.
>>

>> Binaries tested on OS X with Java 1.5 in modes:
>>
>> - OpenEJB Standalone
>> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/o installer
>> - Tomcat 6.0.14 w/ installer
>> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/o installer
>> - Tomcat 5.5.26 w/ installer
>>
>> If you'd like to help test (please please), just grab this ant file
>> and run 'ant test:all'
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/build.xml
>>
>> Ideally the script should be run on OS X, Linux, Windows XP using
>> JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6.  More platforms and JDKs welcome, but those
>> are the ones we've been been doing in all our releases so far.
>> Just reply with the OS and JDK version+vendor you used.  Hopefully
>> between all of us we can get the full matrix covered.
>>

>> - - - - - -
>>
>> Repo:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/openejb-034/
>>
>> Binaries:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.1.1/
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.1.1/
>>
>> - - - - - -
>>
>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.  And as usual, anyone and everyone
>> is welcome to vote!  It's a great way to show support.
>>

>> -David
>>

>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/rat

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
ubuntu jaunty (9.04) 64 bits / JDK Sun 1.6.0_13-b03 64-Bit
--> Test fails

ubuntu-jaunty-64Bit_JDK1.6.0_13-64-64Bit.log

Doing another test on my laptop with Windows CP SP2 ...

Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Test fails again on windows XP SP2 32 bits with a JDK Sun 1.6.0_12-b04

WindowsXP-SP2_JDK_Sun_1.6.0_12-b04.txt

Will try to have a look deeper to see what is happening ....
I'm not a lucky man :-(

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote
ubuntu jaunty (9.04) 64 bits / JDK Sun 1.6.0_13-b03 64-Bit
--> Test fails

ubuntu-jaunty-64Bit_JDK1.6.0_13-64-64Bit.log

Doing another test on my laptop with Windows CP SP2 ...

Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

David Jencks
I located the source distros at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/openejb-034/org/apache/openejb/openejb/3.1.1/
  pulled down the tar.gz and tried to build it.

After a while I found that I had to build deps. Then I discovered that
deps downloaded stuff from an openejb private repo in openejb svn for
unreleased xbean artifacts.  IIUC the process is like  this:

-By hand, not part of normal openejb build:
-- check out xbean trunk rxxxx.
-- build it
-- deploy into svn repo (I'm not sure where the artifact ID came from)

-As part of deps build, not part of root openejb build:
-- use shade plugin to copy it to an artifact with org.apache.openejb
groupId

-As part of root openejb build:
-- depend on these repackaged artifacts in a few places in the build
-- include the result in the binary assemblies.

While I know geronimo has pulled stunts like this in the past I no
longer think its OK.  It looks to me as if openejb is including binary
artifacts (the shaded xbean jars) where the
-- source code has not been voted for release by any pmc
-- source code is not included in openejb source distro.

I'd be fine with fixing this in either of 2 ways:
- don't include the shaded xbean jars in the binary distros, tell
people to build them themselves
- do include the source for the xbean code in the source distro, and
explicitly vote on releasing it here.  In this case the xbean build
needs to be modified to only come up with artifacts with an openejb
groupId.

Since geronimo has been equally guilty in the past I'm not going to
vote -1 but I also don't feel I can vote +1 either.  I'm planning to
fix geronimo's similar problems soon at which point without strong
arguments I'll start voting -1 to situations like this.

On a happier note after working through these private artifact issues
the source distro does in fact build!!!

Other problems:
in server/openejb-cxf:
Downloading: http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2//bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk13/132/bcprov-jdk13-132.jar

permissions on data/README.txt seem a little weird:
--wxr----x  1 david  david  100 May 29 16:26 README.txt

thanks
david jencks

On May 29, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> ubuntu jaunty (9.04) 64 bits / JDK Sun 1.6.0_13-b03 64-Bit
> --> Test fails
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p23786057/ubuntu-jaunty-64Bit_JDK1.6.0_13-64-64Bit.log
> ubuntu-jaunty-64Bit_JDK1.6.0_13-64-64Bit.log

This failure looks like tomcat may have taken too long to start and
the client timed out.  The second log posted definitely looks like
what I'm seeing.

I tried a route similar to Jon and grabbed a copy of Parallels and set
it up with WinXP SP2.

cd \test
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
set ANT_HOME=C:\test\apache-ant-1.7.1
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin
ant test:all

Got the expected 29 failures.

All these CI systems we have are on linux and mac.. we totally need a
windows setup that runs this script like every day.  Stuff like this
takes so much less time when you can narrow it down to an svn revision.

Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.1.1

On May 29, 2009, at 5:14 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:
>

>> ubuntu jaunty (9.04) 64 bits / JDK Sun 1.6.0_13-b03 64-Bit
>> --> Test fails
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p23786057/ubuntu-jaunty-64Bit_JDK1.6.0_13-64-64Bit.log
>> ubuntu-jaunty-64Bit_JDK1.6.0_13-64-64Bit.log
>

> This failure looks like tomcat may have taken too long to start and
> the client timed out.  The second log posted definitely looks like
> what I'm seeing.
>
> I tried a route similar to Jon and grabbed a copy of Parallels and
> set it up with WinXP SP2.
>
> cd \test
> set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
> set ANT_HOME=C:\test\apache-ant-1.7.1
> set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin
> ant test:all
>

> Got the expected 29 failures.
>

> All these CI systems we have are on linux and mac.. we totally need
> a windows setup that runs this script like every day.  Stuff like
> this takes so much less time when you can narrow it down to an svn
> revision.

So on the notion that it's easier to fix if we knew the revision I
went ahead and did a binary search.  Basically just started with
middle revision between now and when 3.1 was released and kept
splitting it in half till i pinned down the revision.

svn up -r $(( ($BEGIN + $END) / 2 )) && mvn clean install $skip -
Dassemble && installjars.sh

If the tests failed I'd set END to the current version, if they passed
I'd set BEGIN to the current version and then just rerun.

So anyway, this is the commit that did it:  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=769395&view=rev

It claims to be for windows, still checking it out.  If I revert the
change on my copy of trunk then all itests pass on windows with no
issues.  I suspect the context path we get from Tomcat is URL syntax
and not path syntax, so the fix actually breaks things on windows
rather than fixes anything.  I suspect that it's the test case that is
faulty.  Not sure what the issue is, but I remember seeing people on
Tuscany complain with similar path issues.

Still looking at the test case in question..

Anyway we should be good to re-roll soon.