[VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

[VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

David Blevins-2
Please see Rob Tompkins' email "[jarkarta-ee] Is there apatite to ever use Jakarta EE logos on the TomEE site"

This vote is strictly limited to 1) getting Jakarta EE Platform and Jakarta EE Web Profile implementations at the ASF listed on the jakarta.ee compatible products page[1] and 2) use of the "Jakarta EE Compatible"[2] logo on apache.org websites.

The rules for either of these require you to be a member of the Jakarta EE Working Group.

As I've been on the Working Group from the start and knew this would be affecting us as Apache is is not a member of the Working Group, I've ensured we have two options.  The vote is to gather feedback on which of the two options you prefer.

 - Option A: Apache joins the Jakarta EE Working Group and gains the ability to get Apache TomEE and any other ASF Jakarta EE Platform and Jakarta EE Web Profile implementations listed on the compatible products page[1].  As a Member, Apache TomEE and any other ASF Jakarta EE Platform and Jakarta EE Web Profile implementations can use the "Jakarta EE Compatible"[2] logo on tomee.apache.org and other *.apache.org sites.  In this path the TCK results summary of tests passed must be hosted on tomee.apache.org for each certified server version, tck version, jdk and os combination.  The entry for Apache TomEE on the jakarta.ee website will contain one link to tomee.apache.org for the TCK results summary and one link to download Apache TomEE at tomee.apache.org.

 - Option B: Apache does not join, however, Strategic Members of the Jakarta EE Working Group could get Apache TomEE listed on the compatible products page[1] as an open source implementation they support.  As Apache is not itself a member, we would not be able to use the "Jakarta EE Compatible"[2] logo on tomee.apache.org.  We could use the general Jakarta EE logo, however.  In this path the project does not need to host TCK result summaries on tomee.apache.org.  The entry for Apache TomEE on the jakarta.ee website will contain one link to said Strategic Member's website for the TCK results summary and one link to download Apache TomEE at tomee.apache.org.

I'm confident we can make either work.

This vote will close on April 14th so Rob can make his recommendation to the Board in time for the April 21st Board Meeting.  Additionally, the Jakarta EE 9.1 release is scheduled to go up for vote end of April and there is some chance we could be compatible by then.

Note: Even if we vote A, that does not guarantee Apache will join the Working Group.  It would just be an indication that's what we desire.  The desires of all projects and the foundation in general will be considered and it's ultimately Rob and the Board who make this decision.

-David

[1] https://jakarta.ee/compatibility/
[2] https://jakarta.ee/images/jakarta/jakarta-ee-compatible-logo-color.svg

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

Alex The Rocker
+1 for Option A : it think it would be a nice way to promote TomEE to
a large audience, while not involving too much overhead since, as I
understand, TomEE developers are already using TCK tests for
validation purposes.

Le dim. 28 mars 2021 à 01:05, David Blevins <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
>
> I'm confident we can make either work.
>
> This vote will close on April 14th so Rob can make his recommendation to the Board in time for the April 21st Board Meeting.  Additionally, the Jakarta EE 9.1 release is scheduled to go up for vote end of April and there is some chance we could be compatible by then.
>
> Note: Even if we vote A, that does not guarantee Apache will join the Working Group.  It would just be an indication that's what we desire.  The desires of all projects and the foundation in general will be considered and it's ultimately Rob and the Board who make this decision.
>

> -David
>

> [1] https://jakarta.ee/compatibility/
> [2] https://jakarta.ee/images/jakarta/jakarta-ee-compatible-logo-color.svg

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

Cesar Hernandez
+1 for Option A, since this enables smooth understanding and navigation for
users and developers over ASF projects and their compatibility over
JakartaEE.
Having this bridge between the ASF project and Jakarta EE would be a good
synergy in the ecosystem.

El dom, 28 mar 2021 a las 2:27, Alex The Rocker (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> [...]
> TCK result summaries on tomee.apache.org.  The entry for Apache TomEE on
> the jakarta.ee website will contain one link to said Strategic Member's
> website for the TCK results summary and one link to download Apache TomEE
> at tomee.apache.org.
> >
> > I'm confident we can make either work.
> >
> > This vote will close on April 14th so Rob can make his recommendation to
> the Board in time for the April 21st Board Meeting.  Additionally, the
> Jakarta EE 9.1 release is scheduled to go up for vote end of April and
> there is some chance we could be compatible by then.
> >
> > Note: Even if we vote A, that does not guarantee Apache will join the
> Working Group.  It would just be an indication that's what we desire.  The
> desires of all projects and the foundation in general will be considered
> and it's ultimately Rob and the Board who make this decision.

César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Hello everyone,

I also vote +1 for option A, I believe it will be a great opportunity to
have TomEE as a compatible product.

Em ter., 6 de abr. de 2021 às 18:42, Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> [...]
> > the Board in time for the April 21st Board Meeting.  Additionally, the
> > Jakarta EE 9.1 release is scheduled to go up for vote end of April and
> > there is some chance we could be compatible by then.
> > >
> > > Note: Even if we vote A, that does not guarantee Apache will join the
> > Working Group.  It would just be an indication that's what we desire.
> The
> > desires of all projects and the foundation in general will be considered
> > and it's ultimately Rob and the Board who make this decision.
> > >

> > > -David
> > >

> > > [1] https://jakarta.ee/compatibility/
> > > [2]
> > https://jakarta.ee/images/jakarta/jakarta-ee-compatible-logo-color.svg
> >

> --
> Atentamente:
> César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

Zowalla, Richard
+1 for A (same reasons as already mentioned)

Gruss
Richard

Am Mittwoch, den 07.04.2021, 20:29 -0300 schrieb Daniel Dias Dos
Santos:

> [...]
> > > TCK result summaries on tomee.apache.org.  The entry for Apache
> > > TomEE on
> > > the jakarta.ee website will contain one link to said Strategic
> > > Member's
> > > website for the TCK results summary and one link to download
> > > Apache TomEE
> > > at tomee.apache.org.

> > > the Board in time for the April 21st Board
> > > Meeting.  Additionally, the
> > > Jakarta EE 9.1 release is scheduled to go up for vote end of
> > > April and
> > > there is some chance we could be compatible by then.
> > > Working Group.  It would just be an indication that's what we
> > > desire.
> > The
> > > desires of all projects and the foundation in general will be
> > > considered
> > > and it's ultimately Rob and the Board who make this decision.

smime.p7s (9K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

I'd prefer option A.

Jon

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 12:05 AM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> at tomee.apache.org.
>
> I'm confident we can make either work.
>
> This vote will close on April 14th so Rob can make his recommendation to
> the Board in time for the April 21st Board Meeting.  Additionally, the
> Jakarta EE 9.1 release is scheduled to go up for vote end of April and
> there is some chance we could be compatible by then.
>
> Note: Even if we vote A, that does not guarantee Apache will join the
> Working Group.  It would just be an indication that's what we desire.  The
> desires of all projects and the foundation in general will be considered
> and it's ultimately Rob and the Board who make this decision.
>

> -David
>

> [1] https://jakarta.ee/compatibility/
> [2] https://jakarta.ee/images/jakarta/jakarta-ee-compatible-logo-color.svg

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE on Jakarta EE Compatible Products page

Rob Tompkins
Sounds good guys…I can make sure that I take this to the Board meeting next week, and I’ll take this back over to the jcp list.

Cheers,
-Rob