[VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

agumbrecht
Hi Everyone,

I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place
your votes for a 7.0.4 release.

The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).

I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:

--add-module java.xml.bind

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/

Source zip:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-project-7.0.4-source-release.zip

Dist area:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/

Legal:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/legal.zip

Keys:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS

Changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12339959

Green buildbot:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839

The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.

Please vote:
  +1: Release
  -1 Do not release because ... See below.

If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much
information as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.

The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
binding votes).

Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you
very much for your time.

Andy Gumbrecht.

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Svetlin Zarev
+0

It would be great if the tomcat dependency is updated to 8.5.21 because of
the fixed regressions with the SSL configuration

Kind regadrs,
Svetlin

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place your
> votes for a 7.0.4 release.
>
> The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).
>
> I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
> experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:
>
> --add-module java.xml.bind
>

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/
>
> Source zip:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
> tomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-
> project-7.0.4-source-release.zip
>
> Dist area:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/
>
> Legal:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/to
> mee-7.0.4/legal.zip
>
> Keys:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS
>
> Changelog:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
> ctId=12312320&version=12339959
>
> Green buildbot:
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839
>
> The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.
>
> Please vote:
>  +1: Release
>  -1 Do not release because ... See below.
>
> If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much
> information as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> binding votes).
>
> Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you very
> much for your time.
>
> Andy Gumbrecht.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

agumbrecht
It's not even dry off the press yet, so it's a little early. We'll see
it in the next release of TomEE.

Andy

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Alex The Rocker

+1 (non binding)

Tested this TomEE+ 7.0.4 RC with our various web apps on Linux Redhat
6.5 with Java 8 update 144.
Using JAX-RS (with Johnzon specifics), JAX-WS, JMS

Thanks,
Alexandre

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place your
> votes for a 7.0.4 release.
>
> The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).
>
> I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
> experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:
>
> --add-module java.xml.bind
>

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/
>
> Source zip:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-project-7.0.4-source-release.zip
>
> Dist area:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/
>
> Legal:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/legal.zip
>
> Keys:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS
>
> Changelog:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12339959
>
> Green buildbot:
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839
>
> The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.
>
> Please vote:
>  +1: Release
>  -1 Do not release because ... See below.
>
> If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much information
> as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> binding votes).
>
> Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you very
> much for your time.
>
> Andy Gumbrecht.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

chongma
This has just reminded me that i am currently stuck on
java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.131-11.b12.el7.x86_64
on CentOS 7 with TomEE 7.0.3
updating to
Version     : 1.8.0.144
Release     : 0.b01.el7_4
results in random freezes with no error in catalina.out

On 27/09/2017 20:10, Alex The Rocker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> +1 (non binding)
>
> Tested this TomEE+ 7.0.4 RC with our various web apps on Linux Redhat
> 6.5 with Java 8 update 144.
> Using JAX-RS (with Johnzon specifics), JAX-WS, JMS
>
> Thanks,
> Alexandre

>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place your
>> votes for a 7.0.4 release.
>>
>> The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).
>>
>> I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
>> experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:
>>
>> --add-module java.xml.bind
>>

>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/
>>
>> Source zip:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-project-7.0.4-source-release.zip
>>
>> Dist area:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/
>>
>> Legal:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/legal.zip
>>
>> Keys:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS
>>
>> Changelog:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12339959
>>
>> Green buildbot:
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839
>>
>> The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.
>>
>> Please vote:
>>   +1: Release
>>   -1 Do not release because ... See below.
>>
>> If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much information
>> as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.
>>
>> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
>> binding votes).
>>
>> Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you very
>> much for your time.
>>
>> Andy Gumbrecht.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Felipe Jaekel

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place your
> votes for a 7.0.4 release.
>
> The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).
>
> I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
> experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:
>
> --add-module java.xml.bind
>

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/
>
> Source zip:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
> tomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-
> project-7.0.4-source-release.zip
>
> Dist area:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/
>
> Legal:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/to
> mee-7.0.4/legal.zip
>
> Keys:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS
>
> Changelog:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
> ctId=12312320&version=12339959
>
> Green buildbot:
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839
>
> The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.
>
> Please vote:
>  +1: Release
>  -1 Do not release because ... See below.
>
> If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much
> information as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.
>
> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
> binding votes).
>
> Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you very
> much for your time.
>
> Andy Gumbrecht.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Alex The Rocker
Hello Andy

Would you please specific until when this vote for TomEE+ 7.0.4 is
supposed to last?

Best regards,
Alex

> +1

>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place your
>> votes for a 7.0.4 release.
>>
>> The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).
>>
>> I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
>> experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:
>>
>> --add-module java.xml.bind
>>

>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/
>>
>> Source zip:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
>> tomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-
>> project-7.0.4-source-release.zip
>>
>> Dist area:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/
>>
>> Legal:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/to
>> mee-7.0.4/legal.zip
>>
>> Keys:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS
>>
>> Changelog:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
>> ctId=12312320&version=12339959
>>
>> Green buildbot:
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839
>>
>> The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.
>>
>> Please vote:
>>  +1: Release
>>  -1 Do not release because ... See below.
>>
>> If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much
>> information as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.
>>
>> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
>> binding votes).
>>
>> Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you very
>> much for your time.
>>
>> Andy Gumbrecht.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

chongma
it said 3 days in the email.  until the 1st october i guess
+1 (non binding) if it is still open
although i am not involved in fixing the outstanding jaxb issues

On 04/10/2017 09:42, Alex The Rocker wrote:

> Hello Andy
>
> Would you please specific until when this vote for TomEE+ 7.0.4 is
> supposed to last?
>
> Best regards,
> Alex

>> +1

>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place your
>>> votes for a 7.0.4 release.
>>>
>>> The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).
>>>
>>> I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
>>> experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:
>>>
>>> --add-module java.xml.bind
>>>

>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/
>>>
>>> Source zip:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
>>> tomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-
>>> project-7.0.4-source-release.zip
>>>
>>> Dist area:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/
>>>
>>> Legal:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/to
>>> mee-7.0.4/legal.zip
>>>
>>> Keys:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS
>>>
>>> Changelog:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
>>> ctId=12312320&version=12339959
>>>
>>> Green buildbot:
>>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
>>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839
>>>
>>> The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.
>>>
>>> Please vote:
>>>   +1: Release
>>>   -1 Do not release because ... See below.
>>>
>>> If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much
>>> information as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
>>> binding votes).
>>>
>>> Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you very
>>> much for your time.
>>>
>>> Andy Gumbrecht.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

AndyG
The vote is open for 'at least' 72 hours, or until we get 3+ binding
votes. I know that many of the guys are ultra busy with JavaOne at the
moment, so I don't expect to get a response until next week.

The review process is basically downloading the binaries and checking
them for complete functionality. That includes running apps and testing
everything possible, including the legal headers etc. This always takes
time, but we do it to ensure you get a good distribution.

Thanks for your understanding. We still really appreciate your help and
votes, which should mean that you have just as thoroughly tested all
your environments. The more eyes on, the better!

Andy Gumbrecht.

I'm adding my binding vote, as I have not found any issues:

+1

On 04/10/17 00:42, Alex The Rocker wrote:

> Hello Andy
>
> Would you please specific until when this vote for TomEE+ 7.0.4 is
> supposed to last?
>
> Best regards,
> Alex

>> +1

>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I'd kindly like to ask you all to take a look at this build and place your
>>> votes for a 7.0.4 release.
>>>
>>> The re-roll updates to CXF 3.1.13 and JAXB 2.3.0 (Provided).
>>>
>>> I added comments in the previous vote that relate to Java 9, which is
>>> experimental and requires the following (corrected) flag:
>>>
>>> --add-module java.xml.bind
>>>

>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/
>>>
>>> Source zip:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
>>> tomee-1107/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.4/tomee-
>>> project-7.0.4-source-release.zip
>>>
>>> Dist area:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/tomee-7.0.4/
>>>
>>> Legal:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1107/to
>>> mee-7.0.4/legal.zip
>>>
>>> Keys:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS
>>>
>>> Changelog:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
>>> ctId=12312320&version=12339959
>>>
>>> Green buildbot:
>>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/725
>>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/839
>>>
>>> The RAT report indicates 0 Unknown Licenses.
>>>
>>> Please vote:
>>>   +1: Release
>>>   -1 Do not release because ... See below.
>>>
>>> If you vote -1 then please create a JIRA ticket here:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE - Include as much
>>> information as possible and, if applicable, a unit test.
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3
>>> binding votes).
>>>
>>> Everyone, committer or not, is encouraged to test and vote. Thank you very
>>> much for your time.
>>>
>>> Andy Gumbrecht.

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Alex The Rocker
Hello Andy,

And thank you very much for your answer. I already voted a +1 based on
my applicative tests which showed no regressions of this TomEE+ 7.0.4
vs. TomEE+ 7.0.3.

I can wait for a week for the "final freeze" :)

Best regards,
Alexandre

> The vote is open for 'at least' 72 hours, or until we get 3+ binding votes.
> I know that many of the guys are ultra busy with JavaOne at the moment, so I
> don't expect to get a response until next week.
>
> The review process is basically downloading the binaries and checking them
> for complete functionality. That includes running apps and testing
> everything possible, including the legal headers etc. This always takes
> time, but we do it to ensure you get a good distribution.
>
> Thanks for your understanding. We still really appreciate your help and
> votes, which should mean that you have just as thoroughly tested all your
> environments. The more eyes on, the better!
>
> Andy Gumbrecht.
>
> I'm adding my binding vote, as I have not found any issues:
>
> +1
>

> On 04/10/17 00:42, Alex The Rocker wrote:
>>
>> Hello Andy
>>
>> Would you please specific until when this vote for TomEE+ 7.0.4 is
>> supposed to last?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alex

>>> +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Alex The Rocker
Hello,

I am starting to use Arquilian, in particular in order to check the
impact of TomEE+ version changes on our REST services (annotations
sometimes change, such as the introduction of @JohnzonIgnore in TomEE
+ 7.x).

I naively tried changing my dependency from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4, but it's
not being resolved:
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
                    <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
                    <version>7.0.4</version> <!--Current version -->
                </dependency>

I guess that this is because TomEE 7.0.4 isn't yet officialized.

But yet, I fell that it would be great if I could use the current
TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate with Arqulian in order to give feedback
on this RC before it's final.

What would be the simplest way to setup my pom.xml in order to run my
Arquilan tests using latest TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate, *using the
embedded adapter* ?

(I guess that using the remote adapter with the RC I downloaded is an
alternative, but yet I want also the use embedded version).

Best regards,
Alexandre

> Hello Andy,
>
> And thank you very much for your answer. I already voted a +1 based on
> my applicative tests which showed no regressions of this TomEE+ 7.0.4
> vs. TomEE+ 7.0.3.
>
> I can wait for a week for the "final freeze" :)
>
> Best regards,
> Alexandre

>> The vote is open for 'at least' 72 hours, or until we get 3+ binding votes.
>> I know that many of the guys are ultra busy with JavaOne at the moment, so I
>> don't expect to get a response until next week.
>>
>> The review process is basically downloading the binaries and checking them
>> for complete functionality. That includes running apps and testing
>> everything possible, including the legal headers etc. This always takes
>> time, but we do it to ensure you get a good distribution.
>>
>> Thanks for your understanding. We still really appreciate your help and
>> votes, which should mean that you have just as thoroughly tested all your
>> environments. The more eyes on, the better!
>>
>> Andy Gumbrecht.
>>
>> I'm adding my binding vote, as I have not found any issues:
>>
>> +1
>>

>> On 04/10/17 00:42, Alex The Rocker wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Andy
>>>
>>> Would you please specific until when this vote for TomEE+ 7.0.4 is
>>> supposed to last?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Alex

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Romain Manni-Bucau
@Alex: did you add this repo https://repository.apache.org/
content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/ ?

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

> Hello,
>
> I am starting to use Arquilian, in particular in order to check the
> impact of TomEE+ version changes on our REST services (annotations
> sometimes change, such as the introduction of @JohnzonIgnore in TomEE
> + 7.x).
>
> I naively tried changing my dependency from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4, but it's
> not being resolved:
>                 <dependency>
>                     <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
>                     <version>7.0.4</version> <!--Current version -->
>                 </dependency>
>
> I guess that this is because TomEE 7.0.4 isn't yet officialized.
>
> But yet, I fell that it would be great if I could use the current
> TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate with Arqulian in order to give feedback
> on this RC before it's final.
>
> What would be the simplest way to setup my pom.xml in order to run my
> Arquilan tests using latest TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate, *using the
> embedded adapter* ?
>
> (I guess that using the remote adapter with the RC I downloaded is an
> alternative, but yet I want also the use embedded version).
>
> Best regards,
> Alexandre

> > Hello Andy,
> >
> > And thank you very much for your answer. I already voted a +1 based on
> > my applicative tests which showed no regressions of this TomEE+ 7.0.4
> > vs. TomEE+ 7.0.3.
> >
> > I can wait for a week for the "final freeze" :)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Alexandre

> >> The vote is open for 'at least' 72 hours, or until we get 3+ binding
> votes.
> >> I know that many of the guys are ultra busy with JavaOne at the moment,
> so I
> >> don't expect to get a response until next week.
> >>
> >> The review process is basically downloading the binaries and checking
> them
> >> for complete functionality. That includes running apps and testing
> >> everything possible, including the legal headers etc. This always takes
> >> time, but we do it to ensure you get a good distribution.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your understanding. We still really appreciate your help and
> >> votes, which should mean that you have just as thoroughly tested all
> your
> >> environments. The more eyes on, the better!
> >>
> >> Andy Gumbrecht.
> >>
> >> I'm adding my binding vote, as I have not found any issues:
> >>
> >> +1

> orgapachetomee-1107/

> tomee-7.0.4/

> least 3

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Thanks Andy

Le 8 oct. 2017 10:51, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> @Alex: did you add this repo https://repository.apache.org/
> content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/ ?

> rmannibucau> |
> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am starting to use Arquilian, in particular in order to check the
> > impact of TomEE+ version changes on our REST services (annotations
> > sometimes change, such as the introduction of @JohnzonIgnore in TomEE
> > + 7.x).
> >
> > I naively tried changing my dependency from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4, but it's
> > not being resolved:
> >                 <dependency>
> >                     <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
> >                     <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
> >                     <version>7.0.4</version> <!--Current version -->
> >                 </dependency>
> >
> > I guess that this is because TomEE 7.0.4 isn't yet officialized.
> >
> > But yet, I fell that it would be great if I could use the current
> > TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate with Arqulian in order to give feedback
> > on this RC before it's final.
> >
> > What would be the simplest way to setup my pom.xml in order to run my
> > Arquilan tests using latest TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate, *using the
> > embedded adapter* ?
> >
> > (I guess that using the remote adapter with the RC I downloaded is an
> > alternative, but yet I want also the use embedded version).
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Alexandre

> > > Hello Andy,
> > >
> > > And thank you very much for your answer. I already voted a +1 based on
> > > my applicative tests which showed no regressions of this TomEE+ 7.0.4
> > > vs. TomEE+ 7.0.3.
> > >
> > > I can wait for a week for the "final freeze" :)
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Alexandre

> > votes.
> moment,
> > so I

> > them
> takes

> and
> > your

> >:

> place

> is

> > orgapachetomee-1107/

> > tomee-7.0.4/

> > least 3

> you

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Alex The Rocker
Hi Romain,

Thank you very much for your answer:I  was able to run my Arquilian
test by adding the following line into my projet's pom.xml:

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>my-tomee704repo</id>
            <name>TomEE704 repo</name>
            <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/</url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

(and by the way my feedback on TomEE 7.0.4 is still +1)

Question: in the general case, how one can tell which is the
appropriate repository URL to use Arquilian which a TomEE+ version
which isn't yet officialized?

For example, if I want to try TomEE+ 8.0.0, the above repository
does't allow to resolve dependencies on:
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
                    <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
                    <version>8.0.0</version> <!--Current version -->
                </dependency>

So what's the "rule of thumb"? (and can it be documented somewhere on
tomee.apache.org?)

Best regards,
Alexandre

> @Alex: did you add this repo https://repository.apache.org/
> content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/ ?

> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am starting to use Arquilian, in particular in order to check the
>> impact of TomEE+ version changes on our REST services (annotations
>> sometimes change, such as the introduction of @JohnzonIgnore in TomEE
>> + 7.x).
>>
>> I naively tried changing my dependency from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4, but it's
>> not being resolved:
>>                 <dependency>
>>                     <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
>>                     <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
>>                     <version>7.0.4</version> <!--Current version -->
>>                 </dependency>
>>
>> I guess that this is because TomEE 7.0.4 isn't yet officialized.
>>
>> But yet, I fell that it would be great if I could use the current
>> TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate with Arqulian in order to give feedback
>> on this RC before it's final.
>>
>> What would be the simplest way to setup my pom.xml in order to run my
>> Arquilan tests using latest TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate, *using the
>> embedded adapter* ?
>>
>> (I guess that using the remote adapter with the RC I downloaded is an
>> alternative, but yet I want also the use embedded version).
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alexandre

>> > Hello Andy,
>> >
>> > And thank you very much for your answer. I already voted a +1 based on
>> > my applicative tests which showed no regressions of this TomEE+ 7.0.4
>> > vs. TomEE+ 7.0.3.
>> >
>> > I can wait for a week for the "final freeze" :)
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Alexandre

>> votes.
>> so I

>> them

>> your

>> orgapachetomee-1107/

>> tomee-7.0.4/

>> least 3

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Alex,

you can set as system property (through surefire)
openejb.deployer.repository=<the
repo>

> [...]

> >> I naively tried changing my dependency from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4, but it's
> >> not being resolved:
> >>                 <dependency>
> >>                     <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
> >>                     <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
> >>                     <version>7.0.4</version> <!--Current version -->
> >>                 </dependency>
> >>
> >> I guess that this is because TomEE 7.0.4 isn't yet officialized.
> >>
> >> But yet, I fell that it would be great if I could use the current
> >> TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate with Arqulian in order to give feedback
> >> on this RC before it's final.
> >>
> >> What would be the simplest way to setup my pom.xml in order to run my
> >> Arquilan tests using latest TomEE+ 7.0.4 release candidate, *using the
> >> embedded adapter* ?
> >>
> >> (I guess that using the remote adapter with the RC I downloaded is an
> >> alternative, but yet I want also the use embedded version).

But how to find the repo for TomEE 8.0.0 based testing?

Best regards,
Alexandre

> Hi Alex,
>
> you can set as system property (through surefire)
> openejb.deployer.repository=<the
> repo>

> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

>> Hi Romain,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your answer:I  was able to run my Arquilian
>> test by adding the following line into my projet's pom.xml:
>>
>>     <repositories>
>>         <repository>
>>             <id>my-tomee704repo</id>
>>             <name>TomEE704 repo</name>
>>             <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
>> repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/</url>
>>         </repository>
>>     </repositories>
>>
>> (and by the way my feedback on TomEE 7.0.4 is still +1)
>>
>> Question: in the general case, how one can tell which is the
>> appropriate repository URL to use Arquilian which a TomEE+ version
>> which isn't yet officialized?
>>
>> For example, if I want to try TomEE+ 8.0.0, the above repository
>> does't allow to resolve dependencies on:
>>                 <dependency>
>>                     <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
>>                     <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
>>                     <version>8.0.0</version> <!--Current version -->
>>                 </dependency>
>>
>> So what's the "rule of thumb"? (and can it be documented somewhere on
>> tomee.apache.org?)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alexandre

>> > @Alex: did you add this repo https://repository.apache.org/
>> > content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/ ?
>> >

>> > Romain Manni-Bucau
>> > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>> > <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
>> rmannibucau> |
>> > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

>> moment,

>> takes

>> and

>> place

>> which is

>> you

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Romain Manni-Bucau
It is http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/
(openejb.deployer.snapshot.repository
system property) but there is not yet a 8 snapshot

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

> Hi Romain,
>
> But how to find the repo for TomEE 8.0.0 based testing?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexandre

> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > you can set as system property (through surefire)
> > openejb.deployer.repository=<the
> > repo>

> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> rmannibucau> |
> > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

> >> Hi Romain,
> >>
> >> Thank you very much for your answer:I  was able to run my Arquilian
> >> test by adding the following line into my projet's pom.xml:
> >>
> >>     <repositories>
> >>         <repository>
> >>             <id>my-tomee704repo</id>
> >>             <name>TomEE704 repo</name>
> >>             <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/
> >> repositories/orgapachetomee-1107/</url>
> >>         </repository>
> >>     </repositories>
> >>
> >> (and by the way my feedback on TomEE 7.0.4 is still +1)
> >>
> >> Question: in the general case, how one can tell which is the
> >> appropriate repository URL to use Arquilian which a TomEE+ version
> >> which isn't yet officialized?
> >>
> >> For example, if I want to try TomEE+ 8.0.0, the above repository
> >> does't allow to resolve dependencies on:
> >>                 <dependency>
> >>                     <groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
> >>                     <artifactId>arquillian-tomee-embedded</artifactId>
> >>                     <version>8.0.0</version> <!--Current version -->
> >>                 </dependency>
> >>
> >> So what's the "rule of thumb"? (and can it be documented somewhere on
> >> tomee.apache.org?)
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Alexandre

> >> rmannibucau> |

> embedded</artifactId>

> feedback

> the

> based on
> 7.0.4

> binding
> >> moment,

> checking
> >> takes

> help
> >> and
> all

> is

> >> place

> >> which is

> jvm8/builds/725

> much

> (At

> Thank
> >> you

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

Mark Struberg-2
Hi folks!

Sorry for the delay!
Running the new 7.0.4 attempt with a few customer projects now.
Will ping back once I know more.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 08.10.2017 um 16:43 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> It is http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/
> (openejb.deployer.snapshot.repository
> system property) but there is not yet a 8 snapshot

> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

>> Hi Romain,
>>
>> But how to find the repo for TomEE 8.0.0 based testing?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alexandre

>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> you can set as system property (through surefire)
>>> openejb.deployer.repository=<the
>>> repo>
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
>> rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

>> embedded</artifactId>

>> feedback

>> the

>> based on
>> 7.0.4

>> binding

>> checking

>> help
>> all

>> is

>> jvm8/builds/725

>> much

>> (At

>> Thank

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

chongma
are the dist builds still at

On 09/10/2017 14:58, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Sorry for the delay!
> Running the new 7.0.4 attempt with a few customer projects now.
> Will ping back once I know more.
>
> txs and LieGrue,
> strub
>
>> Am 08.10.2017 um 16:43 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> It is http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/
>> (openejb.deployer.snapshot.repository
>> system property) but there is not yet a 8 snapshot
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

>>> Hi Romain,
>>>
>>> But how to find the repo for TomEE 8.0.0 based testing?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Alexandre

>>> rmannibucau> |

>>> embedded</artifactId>

>>> feedback

>>> the

>>> based on
>>> 7.0.4

>>> binding

>>> checking

>>> help
>>> all

>>> is

>>> jvm8/builds/725

>>> much

>>> (At

>>> Thank

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.4 - Roll 2

That's the staging repo for the vote - if the vote passes, its those
binaries that will be promoted as version 7.0.4. Snapshots won't be
deployed here (they'll go to here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/ I believe). I think
there is an issue with the buildbot job that deploys these, so if you're
waiting on a snapshot, let us know and I can deploy one manually.

Jon

123