[VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

agumbrecht
-1

https://github.com/rmannibucau/tomee/commit/55d6d5ec89da68a6794487bc75f95b55cad7b483

Not sure why the public boolean close(final long timeout, final TimeUnit
unit) throws InterruptedException { method doesn't look like this one in
1.7.x?:
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/tomee-1.7.x/container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/util/Pool.java
- Was pretty sure I checked it in on master too. Looks like an older commit
and not the last one I have? My fault, as I guess I didn't push to master.

The stop() method also needs to be called before draining (in the close
method), else there is a potential race.

The atomics must be set to null on stop(), so getAndSet is better as it is
a single atomic action rather than two (get, compare = 4 locks in total).

Basically the tomee-1.7.x Pool stop() and close() methods are correct and
tested (also on site), and can be forwarded to master. I won't be able to
fix master till I get home tonight, so if someone could compare the
tomee-1.7.x methods and update master that would be cool.

Andy.

On 8 March 2017 at 08:32, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> as discussed on the list here is the vote for 7.0.3. It is mainly
> dependencies upgrades and a few fixes.
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1104/
> Source zip:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachetomee-1104/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.
> 0.3/tomee-project-7.0.3-source-release.zip
> Dist area: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/7.0.3/
> Changelog:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2018?jql=
> project%20%3D%20TOMEE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%207.0.3%
> 20AND%20(resolution%20%3D%20Resolved%20OR%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed)
> Green buildbot:
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/603
> Branch: https://github.com/rmannibucau/tomee/tree/release/7.0.3
>
> Please vote:
> - +1: it rocks, release it
> - +-0: why do you bother me?
> - -1 don't release it cause ${blocker}
>
> As usual vote will be open for 3 days or until we get 3 +1 bindings and no
> -1. Anyone is welcomed to vote!

> rmannibucau> |

  Andy Gumbrecht
  https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Mark Struberg-2

* sig fine
* sha1 and md5 ok
* source builds fine
* rat check passes
* LICENSE and NOTICE ok for 5 jars and zips I checked
* LICENSE and NOTICE ok for the source distributable
* tested in 2 big world projects without any glitches.

+1

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 08.03.2017 um 08:32 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> as discussed on the list here is the vote for 7.0.3. It is mainly
> dependencies upgrades and a few fixes.
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1104/
> Source zip:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1104/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.0.3/tomee-project-7.0.3-source-release.zip
> Dist area: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/7.0.3/
> Changelog:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2018?jql=project%20%3D%20TOMEE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%207.0.3%20AND%20(resolution%20%3D%20Resolved%20OR%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed)
> Green buildbot:
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/603
> Branch: https://github.com/rmannibucau/tomee/tree/release/7.0.3
>
> Please vote:
> - +1: it rocks, release it
> - +-0: why do you bother me?
> - -1 don't release it cause ${blocker}
>
> As usual vote will be open for 3 days or until we get 3 +1 bindings and no
> -1. Anyone is welcomed to vote!

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1 from me as well

> * sig fine
> * sha1 and md5 ok
> * source builds fine
> * rat check passes
> * LICENSE and NOTICE ok for 5 jars and zips I checked
> * LICENSE and NOTICE ok for the source distributable
> * tested in 2 big world projects without any glitches.
>
> +1
>

> txs and LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 08.03.2017 um 08:32 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > as discussed on the list here is the vote for 7.0.3. It is mainly
> > dependencies upgrades and a few fixes.
> >
> > Staging repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1104/
> > Source zip:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachetomee-1104/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.
> 0.3/tomee-project-7.0.3-source-release.zip
> > Dist area: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/7.0.3/
> > Changelog:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2018?jql=
> project%20%3D%20TOMEE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%207.0.3%
> 20AND%20(resolution%20%3D%20Resolved%20OR%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed)
> > Green buildbot:
> > https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/603
> > Branch: https://github.com/rmannibucau/tomee/tree/release/7.0.3
> >
> > Please vote:
> > - +1: it rocks, release it
> > - +-0: why do you bother me?
> > - -1 don't release it cause ${blocker}
> >
> > As usual vote will be open for 3 days or until we get 3 +1 bindings and
> no
> > -1. Anyone is welcomed to vote!

> > <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> rmannibucau> |
> > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

i sent it to the list on the commit thread that it was not needed and
leading to close twice the pool which is an issue so just wrapped it in a
finally (other parts of the commit were introducing regressions as
explained in the thread).

Since we start to lock the pool the race condition shouldnt occur there but
there was a little chance under start[abrupt ctrl+x] case to not close
properly the pool so added a finally. Also this method is not intended to
be used in a concurrent environment (actually issue would be higher level
if you underploy concurrently the same app which is more than unlikely. It
is an undeploy method bound to one bean so no supported concurrency there -
except in tests?).

Anyway since it is there since > 5 years and not causing any security issue
it is not a cancel reason I think.

> -1
>
> https://github.com/rmannibucau/tomee/commit/55d6d5ec89da68a6794487bc75f95b
> 55cad7b483
>
> Not sure why the public boolean close(final long timeout, final TimeUnit
> unit) throws InterruptedException { method doesn't look like this one in
> 1.7.x?:
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/tomee-1.7.x/
> container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/util/Pool.java
> - Was pretty sure I checked it in on master too. Looks like an older commit
> and not the last one I have? My fault, as I guess I didn't push to master.
>
> The stop() method also needs to be called before draining (in the close
> method), else there is a potential race.
>
> The atomics must be set to null on stop(), so getAndSet is better as it is
> a single atomic action rather than two (get, compare = 4 locks in total).
>
> Basically the tomee-1.7.x Pool stop() and close() methods are correct and
> tested (also on site), and can be forwarded to master. I won't be able to
> fix master till I get home tonight, so if someone could compare the
> tomee-1.7.x methods and update master that would be cool.
>
> Andy.
>

> On 8 March 2017 at 08:32, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > as discussed on the list here is the vote for 7.0.3. It is mainly
> > dependencies upgrades and a few fixes.
> >
> > Staging repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1104/
> > Source zip:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> > orgapachetomee-1104/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.
> > 0.3/tomee-project-7.0.3-source-release.zip
> > Dist area: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/7.0.3/
> > Changelog:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2018?jql=
> > project%20%3D%20TOMEE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%207.0.3%
> > 20AND%20(resolution%20%3D%20Resolved%20OR%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed)
> > Green buildbot:
> > https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/603
> > Branch: https://github.com/rmannibucau/tomee/tree/release/7.0.3
> >
> > Please vote:
> > - +1: it rocks, release it
> > - +-0: why do you bother me?
> > - -1 don't release it cause ${blocker}
> >
> > As usual vote will be open for 3 days or until we get 3 +1 bindings and
> no
> > -1. Anyone is welcomed to vote!

> > <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > rmannibucau> |
> > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory

>   Andy Gumbrecht
>   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
>   http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Mark Struberg-2
I also don't see any showstopper.
Yes, we might fix this but it's probably only experienced by devs anyway.
And it looks like this was the behaviour since long time, so I see no reason to block the release neither.

Andy are you fine with targetting this for 7.0.4?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> [...]
>>> Source zip:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>> orgapachetomee-1104/org/apache/tomee/tomee-project/7.
>>> 0.3/tomee-project-7.0.3-source-release.zip
>>> Dist area: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/7.0.3/
>>> Changelog:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2018?jql=
>>> project%20%3D%20TOMEE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%207.0.3%
>>> 20AND%20(resolution%20%3D%20Resolved%20OR%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed)
>>> Green buildbot:
>>> https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/603
>>> Branch: https://github.com/rmannibucau/tomee/tree/release/7.0.3
>>>
>>> Please vote:
>>> - +1: it rocks, release it
>>> - +-0: why do you bother me?
>>> - -1 don't release it cause ${blocker}
>>>
>>> As usual vote will be open for 3 days or until we get 3 +1 bindings and

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

DonatasCiuksys
Previous versions (7.0.0-M1 etc) allowed to replace OpenJPA by Hibernate (by putting Hibernate libraries to lib and setting "javax.persistence.provider" property in system.properties).
Now tomee fails during startup:

Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: StudentsPU] Unable to build Hibernate SessionFactory
        at org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.persistenceException(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:954)
        at org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.build(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:882)
        at org.hibernate.jpa.HibernatePersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistenceProvider.java:135)
        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable.call(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:122)
        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.createDelegate(ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.java:134)
        ... 68 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not access BeanManager ListenerFactory class [org.hibernate.jpa.event.internal.jpa.ListenerFactoryBeanManagerStandardImpl] to handle CDI extensions
        at org.hibernate.jpa.event.spi.jpa.ListenerFactoryBuilder.buildBeanManagerListenerFactory(ListenerFactoryBuilder.java:88)
        at org.hibernate.jpa.event.spi.jpa.ListenerFactoryBuilder.buildStandardBeanManagerListenerFactory(ListenerFactoryBuilder.java:51)
        at org.hibernate.jpa.event.spi.jpa.ListenerFactoryBuilder.buildListenerFactory(ListenerFactoryBuilder.java:39)
        at org.hibernate.jpa.event.spi.JpaIntegrator.integrate(JpaIntegrator.java:129)
        at org.hibernate.internal.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:280)
        at org.hibernate.boot.internal.SessionFactoryBuilderImpl.build(SessionFactoryBuilderImpl.java:444)
        at org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.build(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:879)
        ... 71 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: On a thread without an initialized context nor a classloader mapping a deployed app
        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.get(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:287)
        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.getContext(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:263)
        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.get(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:298)
        at org.apache.openejb.cdi.ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.get(ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:60)
        at org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansFinder.getSingletonInstance(WebBeansFinder.java:51)
        at org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContext.getInstance(WebBeansContext.java:185)
        at org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContext.currentInstance(WebBeansContext.java:203)
        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable$1.findBm(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:105)
        at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable$1.invoke(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:96)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy99.toString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2994)

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

agumbrecht
Already know it's not getting analysed anyway, so don't really care.

Change me to a +-0

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

This is already in 7.0.2 and there is a property to avoid this issue. This
is due to a chicken-egg problem and triggered by fixing CDI/JPA integration
in 7.0.2 (was a bug before).

> [...]
> ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:60)
>         at
> org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansFinder.getSingletonInstance(
> WebBeansFinder.java:51)
>         at
> org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContext.getInstance(
> WebBeansContext.java:185)
>         at
> org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContext.currentInstance(
> WebBeansContext.java:203)
>         at
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable$
> 1.findBm(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable$
> 1.invoke(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:96)
>         at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy99.toString(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2994)

Adam Cornett
Donatas,
Try using the "tomee.jpa.factory.lazy" system property set to "true".
Put:
tomee.jpa.factory.lazy=true
in the system.properties file.

This will delay the initialization of hibernate (so the first time JPA is
used there is a delay while it is setup) but this does work for us when
using Hibernate 5.3 and TomEE 7.0.3

- Adam

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:19 AM, DonatasCiuksys <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> ThreadSingletonServiceImpl.java:60)
>         at
> org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansFinder.getSingletonInstance(
> WebBeansFinder.java:51)
>         at
> org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContext.getInstance(
> WebBeansContext.java:185)
>         at
> org.apache.webbeans.config.WebBeansContext.currentInstance(
> WebBeansContext.java:203)
>         at
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable$
> 1.findBm(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable$
> 1.invoke(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:96)
>         at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy99.toString(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2994)

[hidden email]
(678) 296-1150

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

DonatasCiuksys
Yes, with property tomee.jpa.factory.lazy=true it started to work.
Thank you very much, Adam!

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

agumbrecht
If this is the case, why is tomee.jpa.factory.lazy=tue not the default?
I'm guessing this will be an issue for anyone using hibernate.

Andy.

On 08/03/2017 20:22, DonatasCiuksys wrote:
> Yes, with property tomee.jpa.factory.lazy=true it started to work.
> Thank you very much, Adam!

   Andy Gumbrecht
   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Romain Manni-Bucau
cause it is breaking the compat even if fine in 90% of the apps
instantiating the EMF after cdi. You can need JPA before CDI or CDI after
JPA, both cases are valid and we can't handle both

> If this is the case, why is tomee.jpa.factory.lazy=tue not the default?
> I'm guessing this will be an issue for anyone using hibernate.
>
> Andy.
>

> On 08/03/2017 20:22, DonatasCiuksys wrote:
>
>> Yes, with property tomee.jpa.factory.lazy=true it started to work.
>> Thank you very much, Adam!

>   Andy Gumbrecht
>   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
>   http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

agumbrecht
Maybe it's possible where this is evaluated to make an attempt to detect hibernate and then set it automatically to true unless the property exists as false.
    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Romain Manni-Bucau
Yep, but have to admit I was hoping they fix it since they don't have any
blocker for it. Note they have the same issue with a 2 scan passes fragile
workaround in wildfly. If you are motivated enough there is this long
thread dealing a bit with it on https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-2387
(note the solution doesnt work for cdi/jpa but makes things less
deterministic and if you add other specs it is worse :(). If you are in a
hurry check out https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-10477 and
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8706 which ares supposed to
solve the issue without requiring anything from our part except setting
hibernate.delay_cdi_access. Not yet sure why they don't set the default to
work. I'm tempted to say users should push on hibernate bugtracker to get
it fixed on the long term (set the setting to true by default instead of
false). But if it persist for too much versions we can set it ourself.

> Maybe it's possible where this is evaluated to make an attempt to detect
> hibernate and then set it automatically to true unless the property exists
> as false.
>

> -----
>     --
>     Andy Gumbrecht
>
>     http://www.tomitribe.com
>     [hidden email]
>     https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
>
>     TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

cocorossello
+1 (tested)

Just wanted to ask if there is any reason to bundle myfaces 2.2.11, since there is a 2.2.12 release (not that I need it anyway)

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Romain Manni-Bucau
no reason, missed it basically. feel free to open a ticket

> +1 (tested)
>
> Just wanted to ask if there is any reason to bundle myfaces 2.2.11, since
> there is a 2.2.12 release (not that I need it anyway)

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

> no reason, missed it basically. feel free to open a ticket

> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory

>> +1 (tested)
>>
>> Just wanted to ask if there is any reason to bundle myfaces 2.2.11, since
>> there is a 2.2.12 release (not that I need it anyway)

Re: [VOTE] Apache TomEE 7.0.3

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Here is my +1
Thanks Romain