[VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

[VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

David Blevins-2
Let’s put this up for a vote.  Proposal:

Should we accept the code donations of Sheldon and Chatterbox as part of the Apache TomEE project.

 - https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon
 - https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox

They’ll be named Apache Sheldon and Apache Chatterbox respectively.  Maven groupid and java packages up for discussion.  (I have no preference)

All votes welcome:

 +1: Let’s do this!

+0: I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.

-0: I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.

-1: I really don't like this, because [insert reason]

I’ll leave this up for a week so people have time to vote.  All votes are welcome from anyone.  The more votes the better.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

John D. Ament-2
+1 IF and ONLY IF Sheldon has a class named Cooper.

On Sep 8, 2017 5:24 PM, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Let’s put this up for a vote.  Proposal:
>
> Should we accept the code donations of Sheldon and Chatterbox as part of
> the Apache TomEE project.
>
>  - https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon
>  - https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox
>
> They’ll be named Apache Sheldon and Apache Chatterbox respectively.  Maven
> groupid and java packages up for discussion.  (I have no preference)
>
> All votes welcome:
>
>  +1: Let’s do this!
>
> +0: I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.
>
> -0: I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.
>
> -1: I really don't like this, because [insert reason]
>
> I’ll leave this up for a week so people have time to vote.  All votes are
> welcome from anyone.  The more votes the better.
>

> --
> David Blevins
> http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

David Blevins-2
That would be the decent thing to do :)

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> On Sep 8, 2017, at 2:33 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 IF and ONLY IF Sheldon has a class named Cooper.
>
> On Sep 8, 2017 5:24 PM, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Let’s put this up for a vote.  Proposal:
>>
>> Should we accept the code donations of Sheldon and Chatterbox as part of
>> the Apache TomEE project.
>>
>> - https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon
>> - https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox
>>
>> They’ll be named Apache Sheldon and Apache Chatterbox respectively.  Maven
>> groupid and java packages up for discussion.  (I have no preference)
>>
>> All votes welcome:
>>
>> +1: Let’s do this!
>>
>> +0: I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.
>>
>> -0: I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.
>>
>> -1: I really don't like this, because [insert reason]
>>
>> I’ll leave this up for a week so people have time to vote.  All votes are
>> welcome from anyone.  The more votes the better.
>>

>> --
>> David Blevins
>> http://twitter.com/dblevins
>> http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

jgallimore
Lol :-).

Here's my vote for +1: Let’s do this!

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 10:39 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> That would be the decent thing to do :)
>

> --
> David Blevins
> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> > On Sep 8, 2017, at 2:33 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > +1 IF and ONLY IF Sheldon has a class named Cooper.
> >
> > On Sep 8, 2017 5:24 PM, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Let’s put this up for a vote.  Proposal:
> >>
> >> Should we accept the code donations of Sheldon and Chatterbox as part of
> >> the Apache TomEE project.
> >>
> >> - https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon
> >> - https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox
> >>
> >> They’ll be named Apache Sheldon and Apache Chatterbox respectively.
> Maven
> >> groupid and java packages up for discussion.  (I have no preference)
> >>
> >> All votes welcome:
> >>
> >> +1: Let’s do this!
> >>
> >> +0: I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.
> >>
> >> -0: I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.
> >>
> >> -1: I really don't like this, because [insert reason]
> >>
> >> I’ll leave this up for a week so people have time to vote.  All votes
> are
> >> welcome from anyone.  The more votes the better.
> >>

> >> --
> >> David Blevins
> >> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> >> http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Mark Struberg-2
I really like both of them.

But we should not forget to check the IP.
Is this a clean room implementation? Have there been substantial contributions from others or does Tomitribe at least have a CLA for them?

* As far as I've seen all of the committers are ASF TomEE committers, right? check!

* Just checked a few files, all of them are "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more..." ALv2, so this is fine from the beginning, even while not hosted at the ASF. David, are all files that way? Just checked a few and they have all been fine. check!

+1

LieGrue,
strub

PS: Shedon Cooper might cause come trademark issues ;)

> Am 08.09.2017 um 23:49 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>
> Lol :-).
>
> Here's my vote for +1: Let’s do this!
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon
>
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 10:39 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> That would be the decent thing to do :)
>>

>> --
>> David Blevins
>> http://twitter.com/dblevins
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>
>>> On Sep 8, 2017, at 2:33 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 IF and ONLY IF Sheldon has a class named Cooper.

>> Maven

>> are

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

chongma
+1 (non binding)
the chatterbox imap connector looks especially interesting to me

On 08/09/2017 23:24, David Blevins wrote:

> Let’s put this up for a vote.  Proposal:
>
> Should we accept the code donations of Sheldon and Chatterbox as part of the Apache TomEE project.
>
>   - https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon
>   - https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox
>
> They’ll be named Apache Sheldon and Apache Chatterbox respectively.  Maven groupid and java packages up for discussion.  (I have no preference)
>
> All votes welcome:
>
>   +1: Let’s do this!
>
> +0: I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.
>
> -0: I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.
>
> -1: I really don't like this, because [insert reason]
>
> I’ll leave this up for a week so people have time to vote.  All votes are welcome from anyone.  The more votes the better.

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

There is currently a checkstyle rule enforcing the header to ASLv2.
In addition to java packages and groupId, the parent pom also needs to be
updated so that it does not use any Tomitribe reference in there.

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I really like both of them.
>
> But we should not forget to check the IP.
> Is this a clean room implementation? Have there been substantial
> contributions from others or does Tomitribe at least have a CLA for them?
>
> * As far as I've seen all of the committers are ASF TomEE committers,
> right? check!
>
> * Just checked a few files, all of them are "Licensed to the Apache
> Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more..." ALv2, so this is fine from
> the beginning, even while not hosted at the ASF. David, are all files that
> way? Just checked a few and they have all been fine. check!
>
> +1
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
> PS: Shedon Cooper might cause come trademark issues ;)
>

> > Am 08.09.2017 um 23:49 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Lol :-).
> >
> > Here's my vote for +1: Let’s do this!
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 10:39 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> That would be the decent thing to do :)
> >>

> >> --
> >> David Blevins
> >> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> >> http://www.tomitribe.com

> of

> >> Maven

> >> are

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

> On Sep 9, 2017, at 1:15 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> But we should not forget to check the IP.

Answers below, but I recall the Incubator IP checks being a little more formal.  At least there used to be a document to fill out.

> Is this a clean room implementation? Have there been substantial contributions from others or does Tomitribe at least have a CLA for them?

Clean room.

> * As far as I've seen all of the committers are ASF TomEE committers, right? check!

Minus one, Daniel Cunha.

> * Just checked a few files, all of them are "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more..." ALv2, so this is fine from the beginning, even while not hosted at the ASF. David, are all files that way? Just checked a few and they have all been fine. check!

Correct.  As Jean-Louis notes we have a checkstyle to enforce the header, so we’re good.

> PS: Shedon Cooper might cause come trademark issues ;)

We can maybe have a “cooper" command in there :)  Or make people submit their passwords three times before they can come in.

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Elder Moraes
+1

+999,999,999 for a Sheldon Cooper class! ;-)

Elder

Twitter: @elderjava <https://twitter.com/elderjava>
Blog: http://eldermoraes.com

> > On Sep 9, 2017, at 1:15 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > But we should not forget to check the IP.
>
> Answers below, but I recall the Incubator IP checks being a little more
> formal.  At least there used to be a document to fill out.
>
> > Is this a clean room implementation? Have there been substantial
> contributions from others or does Tomitribe at least have a CLA for them?
>
> Clean room.
>
> > * As far as I've seen all of the committers are ASF TomEE committers,
> right? check!
>
> Minus one, Daniel Cunha.
>
> > * Just checked a few files, all of them are "Licensed to the Apache
> Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more..." ALv2, so this is fine from
> the beginning, even while not hosted at the ASF. David, are all files that
> way? Just checked a few and they have all been fine. check!
>
> Correct.  As Jean-Louis notes we have a checkstyle to enforce the header,
> so we’re good.
>
> > PS: Shedon Cooper might cause come trademark issues ;)
>
> We can maybe have a “cooper" command in there :)  Or make people submit
> their passwords three times before they can come in.

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

agumbrecht
+1, Actually voted a while ago via nabble, but that seems to be
swallowing messages?

Andy Gumbrecht
    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

agumbrecht
+1, Andy Gumbrecht - 3rd attempt, could someone confirm they can see
this response?

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

chongma
i can see your response Andy