Unreliable CMR tests in 2.1 branch

Dain Sundstrom
I just finished updating the CMR tests in the 2.1 branch to us the
newest Geronimo kernel/configuration/naming changes but I had to
comment out a few tests which randomly fail for me.  I can seem to
figure out what is going on, but it appears that sometimes we miss a
commit, or that there is a race condition when using a cmr.  The
failing tests are:

   OneToOneTest.testASetBNewAB()
   OneToOneCompoundPKTest.testASetBNewAB()
   OneToManyTest.testASetBExistingANewB()
   OneToManyCompoundPKTest.testASetBExistingANewB()

Can you take a look at these for me?

Thanks,

-dain

Re: Unreliable CMR tests in 2.1 branch

GDamour2
Yes. I will work on it over the week-end.

Also, it seems that some XMLBean configuration has not been checked in
in the 1.1 branch of Geronimo. The module security-builder cannot be
built as:

    <xsd:import
namespace="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
schemaLocation="geronimo-config-1.1.xsd"/>

is failing the build due to the schemaLocation.

In the meantime, I can work around this problem by setting the
schemaLocation to
../../../service-builder/src/schema/geronimo-config-1.1.xsd.

Thanks,
Gianny

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I just finished updating the CMR tests in the 2.1 branch to us the
> newest Geronimo kernel/configuration/naming changes but I had to
> comment out a few tests which randomly fail for me.  I can seem to
> figure out what is going on, but it appears that sometimes we miss a
> commit, or that there is a race condition when using a cmr.  The
> failing tests are:
>
>   OneToOneTest.testASetBNewAB()
>   OneToOneCompoundPKTest.testASetBNewAB()
>   OneToManyTest.testASetBExistingANewB()
>   OneToManyCompoundPKTest.testASetBExistingANewB()
>
> Can you take a look at these for me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -dain

Re: Re: Unreliable CMR tests in 2.1 branch

GDamour2
Hi,

These tests have been re-enabled. Basically, the GBeanData of the CMP
containers must be serialized together in the same configuration
otherwise some shared objects, in this case the CacheTable associated to
the CMP entitires, are distinct after unserialization. This causes some
problems as CacheTable intentionally does not implement Object.hashCode.

Thanks,
Gianny