Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

African Wild Dog
Hello firends.

Is there any plans to add "drop-in war installation" for TomEE 8.0?

The doc page  Installing TomEE using the drop-in .war approach
<http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/installation-drop-in-war.html>   is
outdated.

Regards

Re: Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

Richard Monson-Haefel
I'm pretty sure that if you simply drop the WAR in it will be unpacked and
loaded.

Check out the section titled "Deploy a WAR in TomEE" in this article
https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/getting-started-with-tomee/

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:22 PM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello firends.
>
> Is there any plans to add "drop-in war installation" for TomEE 8.0?
>
> The doc page  Installing TomEE using the drop-in .war approach
> <http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/installation-drop-in-war.html>
>  is
> outdated.
>
> Regards

Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

African Wild Dog
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no download option for "drop-in war installation" for the 8.0.0.0
version: https://tomee.apache.org/download-ng.html

Em seg., 4 de nov. de 2019 às 14:42, Richard Monson-Haefel <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> I'm pretty sure that if you simply drop the WAR in it will be unpacked and
> loaded.
>
> Check out the section titled "Deploy a WAR in TomEE" in this article
> https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/getting-started-with-tomee/
>
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:22 PM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hello firends.
> >
> > Is there any plans to add "drop-in war installation" for TomEE 8.0?
> >
> > The doc page  Installing TomEE using the drop-in .war approach
> > <http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/installation-drop-in-war.html>
> >  is
> > outdated.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > --
> > Sent from:
> > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html
> >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hi African Wild Dog,

I think we are miscommunicating. Can you re-phrase your original request?

Thank you!

Richard

https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

jgallimore
Hi Richard

African Wild Dog is looking for the drop-in war. If you're not familiar
with this, in the very early days of TomEE, we used to ship a .war file
which you could deploy to a vanilla Tomcat to create TomEE. We didn't ship
it for 8.0.0 as it appeared to have some issues.

If people are willing to test it, and -perhaps more importantly-, vote on
it at release time, I see no reason why we can't bring it back. The
artifacts are still created in the build if anyone wants to give it a try.

Jon

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 3:42 PM Richard Monson-Haefel <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi African Wild Dog,
>
> I think we are miscommunicating. Can you re-phrase your original request?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Richard
>
> On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 10:45 AM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > There is no download option for "drop-in war installation" for the
> 8.0.0.0
> > version: https://tomee.apache.org/download-ng.html
> >

> > Em seg., 4 de nov. de 2019 às 14:42, Richard Monson-Haefel <
> > [hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > > I'm pretty sure that if you simply drop the WAR in it will be unpacked
> > and
> > > loaded.
> > >
> > > Check out the section titled "Deploy a WAR in TomEE" in this article
> > > https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/getting-started-with-tomee/
> > >
> > > On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:22 PM African Wild Dog <
> > [hidden email]

> http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/installation-drop-in-war.html>

> > > --
> > > Richard Monson-Haefel
> > > https://twitter.com/rmonson
> > > https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
> > >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

African Wild Dog
Em seg., 11 de nov. de 2019 às 11:29, Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi Richard
>
> African Wild Dog is looking for the drop-in war.

That's it. I am evaluating Tomee for a new Project. I thought the "drop-in
war installation" was a good idea since the my Tomcat installation is
automatically updated by debian.

Re: Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

jgallimore
What version of Tomcat do you have? I'm working through a couple of issues
with a view to starting a release shortly.

Jon

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 4:44 PM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Em seg., 11 de nov. de 2019 às 11:29, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Richard
> >
> > African Wild Dog is looking for the drop-in war.
>

> That's it. I am evaluating Tomee for a new Project. I thought the "drop-in
> war installation" was a good idea since the my Tomcat installation is
> automatically updated by debian.

Re: Tomcat with drop-in tomee.war is missing from 8.0 release

African Wild Dog
Em seg., 11 de nov. de 2019 às 14:01, Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> What version of Tomcat do you have? I'm working through a couple of issues
> with a view to starting a release shortly.

I am using Tomcat 9 (Debian Buster).