Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

kirys.it
Hi all

Knowiing the latest security issues of tomcat 7, is there any plan of
release another version of tomee 1.7 with updated tomcat?

Bye

K.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

Jonathan Gallimore-4
Thanks for your mail! I think we're probably due a 1.7.x release by now. If
there's no objections, I'm happy to volunteer to be the release manager and
get that underway.

Jon

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Kirys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Knowiing the latest security issues of tomcat 7, is there any plan of
> release another version of tomee 1.7 with updated tomcat?
>
> Bye
>
> K.
>
>


--
Jonathan Gallimore
http://twitter.com/jongallimore
http://www.tomitribe.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi

Think Mark was waiting for a green build we got this morning a few releases
maybe but was on it as well (openjpa)


Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
<https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
<https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

2017-04-13 16:45 GMT+02:00 Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks for your mail! I think we're probably due a 1.7.x release by now. If
> there's no objections, I'm happy to volunteer to be the release manager and
> get that underway.
>
> Jon
>
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Kirys <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Knowiing the latest security issues of tomcat 7, is there any plan of
> > release another version of tomee 1.7 with updated tomcat?
> >
> > Bye
> >
> > K.
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Jonathan Gallimore
> http://twitter.com/jongallimore
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

Mark Struberg-2
Build is green now!
We might check a few other dependencies as well, but most deps should have been updated.

Who want's to run the 1.7.5 release train?

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 13.04.2017 um 16:46 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi
>
> Think Mark was waiting for a green build we got this morning a few releases
> maybe but was on it as well (openjpa)
>
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
> <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>
>
> 2017-04-13 16:45 GMT+02:00 Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Thanks for your mail! I think we're probably due a 1.7.x release by now. If
>> there's no objections, I'm happy to volunteer to be the release manager and
>> get that underway.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Kirys <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Knowiing the latest security issues of tomcat 7, is there any plan of
>>> release another version of tomee 1.7 with updated tomcat?
>>>
>>> Bye
>>>
>>> K.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Gallimore
>> http://twitter.com/jongallimore
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

Mark Struberg-2
In reply to this post by Jonathan Gallimore-4
+1 John, txs for jumping in!

I'll be around if you need an additional pair of eyes.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 13.04.2017 um 16:45 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>
> Thanks for your mail! I think we're probably due a 1.7.x release by now. If
> there's no objections, I'm happy to volunteer to be the release manager and
> get that underway.
>
> Jon
>
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Kirys <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Knowiing the latest security issues of tomcat 7, is there any plan of
>> release another version of tomee 1.7 with updated tomcat?
>>
>> Bye
>>
>> K.
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Jonathan Gallimore
> http://twitter.com/jongallimore
> http://www.tomitribe.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

Alex The Rocker
Hello,

Thank you very much for this initiative.

I'm getting ready to test TomEE+ 1.7.5 release candidate artifacts as
soon as they'll be available.

I've got some complex web apps that usually prove to be a good torture test ;)

Best regards,
@lex

2017-04-14 0:19 GMT+02:00 Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>:

> +1 John, txs for jumping in!
>
> I'll be around if you need an additional pair of eyes.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
>> Am 13.04.2017 um 16:45 schrieb Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Thanks for your mail! I think we're probably due a 1.7.x release by now. If
>> there's no objections, I'm happy to volunteer to be the release manager and
>> get that underway.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Kirys <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Knowiing the latest security issues of tomcat 7, is there any plan of
>>> release another version of tomee 1.7 with updated tomcat?
>>>
>>> Bye
>>>
>>> K.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Gallimore
>> http://twitter.com/jongallimore
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

kirys.it
On 15/04/2017 09:44, Alex The Rocker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much for this initiative.
>
> I'm getting ready to test TomEE+ 1.7.5 release candidate artifacts as
> soon as they'll be available.
So do I ;)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

smithh032772
In reply to this post by Alex The Rocker
Looking forward to (and have been waiting patiently for) TomEE+ 1.7.5
release, too. Thank you in advance!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tomcat security issues and tomee 1.7.x

kirys.it
On 19/04/2017 22:33, Howard W. Smith, Jr. wrote:
> Looking forward to (and have been waiting patiently for) TomEE+ 1.7.5
> release, too. Thank you in advance!
>
any news on this?

meanwhile apache has two sites referring to tomee one host only older
info releases but it is also the first that result in a google search
(at least for me)

http://openejb.apache.org/apache-tomee.html

Bye

K.