TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

African Wild Dog
Hello,

Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?

I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.

Regards

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hi African Wild Dog (love that handle!):

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12344635

We are working steadily on TomEE's conformance to Jakarta EE 8. TomEE
passes more than 94% of the compliance tests and we hope to have full
compliance soon.  We are working on getting TCK results to the community so
that people know exactly which tests are failing and can help fix them.

I hope that helps!

Richard

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?
>
> I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.
>
> Regards

Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

African Wild Dog
Thanks Richard.

Is the full compliance aimed for the web profile or full profile?

Em seg., 4 de nov. de 2019 às 14:38, Richard Monson-Haefel <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi African Wild Dog (love that handle!):
>
> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12344635
>
> We are working steadily on TomEE's conformance to Jakarta EE 8. TomEE
> passes more than 94% of the compliance tests and we hope to have full
> compliance soon.  We are working on getting TCK results to the community so
> that people know exactly which tests are failing and can help fix them.
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> Richard
>

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?
> >
> > I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > --
> > Sent from:
> > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html
> >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Richard Monson-Haefel
The Web Profile, I believe.

https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

jgallimore
Correct. We're missing some of the lesser used, older full profile specs.
We're not intending to certify the full profile, although the plus and
plume distributions do ship with things like connectors and JMS which work
well.

Jon