TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

African Wild Dog
Hello,

Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?

I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.

Regards



--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hi African Wild Dog (love that handle!):

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12344635

We are working steadily on TomEE's conformance to Jakarta EE 8. TomEE
passes more than 94% of the compliance tests and we hope to have full
compliance soon.  We are working on getting TCK results to the community so
that people know exactly which tests are failing and can help fix them.

I hope that helps!

Richard


On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?
>
> I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.
>
> Regards
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from:
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html
>


--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

African Wild Dog
Thanks Richard.

Is the full compliance aimed for the web profile or full profile?

Em seg., 4 de nov. de 2019 às 14:38, Richard Monson-Haefel <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi African Wild Dog (love that handle!):
>
> The release notes can be found here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12344635
>
> We are working steadily on TomEE's conformance to Jakarta EE 8. TomEE
> passes more than 94% of the compliance tests and we hope to have full
> compliance soon.  We are working on getting TCK results to the community so
> that people know exactly which tests are failing and can help fix them.
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> Richard
>
>
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?
> >
> > I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Sent from:
> > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html
> >
>
>
> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

Richard Monson-Haefel
The Web Profile, I believe.

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 10:54 AM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Richard.
>
> Is the full compliance aimed for the web profile or full profile?
>
> Em seg., 4 de nov. de 2019 às 14:38, Richard Monson-Haefel <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> > Hi African Wild Dog (love that handle!):
> >
> > The release notes can be found here:
> >
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12344635
> >
> > We are working steadily on TomEE's conformance to Jakarta EE 8. TomEE
> > passes more than 94% of the compliance tests and we hope to have full
> > compliance soon.  We are working on getting TCK results to the community
> so
> > that people know exactly which tests are failing and can help fix them.
> >
> > I hope that helps!
> >
> > Richard
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM African Wild Dog <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?
> > >
> > > I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sent from:
> > > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Richard Monson-Haefel
> > https://twitter.com/rmonson
> > https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
> >
>


--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

jgallimore
Correct. We're missing some of the lesser used, older full profile specs.
We're not intending to certify the full profile, although the plus and
plume distributions do ship with things like connectors and JMS which work
well.

Jon

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 3:41 PM Richard Monson-Haefel <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Web Profile, I believe.
>
> On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 10:54 AM African Wild Dog <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Richard.
> >
> > Is the full compliance aimed for the web profile or full profile?
> >
> > Em seg., 4 de nov. de 2019 às 14:38, Richard Monson-Haefel <
> > [hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > > Hi African Wild Dog (love that handle!):
> > >
> > > The release notes can be found here:
> > >
> > >
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12344635
> > >
> > > We are working steadily on TomEE's conformance to Jakarta EE 8. TomEE
> > > passes more than 94% of the compliance tests and we hope to have full
> > > compliance soon.  We are working on getting TCK results to the
> community
> > so
> > > that people know exactly which tests are failing and can help fix them.
> > >
> > > I hope that helps!
> > >
> > > Richard
> > >
> > >
> > > On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM African Wild Dog <
> > [hidden email]
> > > >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > Is there any release notes of the version 8.0.0?
> > > >
> > > > I would like to know what are the compliance with Java EE 8.
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Sent from:
> > > > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Richard Monson-Haefel
> > > https://twitter.com/rmonson
> > > https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
> > >
> >
>
>
> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

African Wild Dog
> Correct. We're missing some of the lesser used, older full profile specs.
> We're not intending to certify the full profile, although the plus and
> plume distributions do ship with things like connectors and JMS which work
> well.
>

About the 8.0.0 release, could you list the specs already implemented?

The comparison page <http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-8.0/docs/comparison.html>
is outdated (only the Tomee 7 specs):

*TomEE 7 targets JavaEE 7 and implements these specifications (in
parenthesis the distibution(s) containing it if not part of the basic
packages):*

   -

   *WebSocket JSR 356*
   -

   *JSON-P JSR 353*
   -

   *Servlet 3.1 JSR 340*
   -

   *JSF 2.2 JSR 344*
   -

   *EL 3.0 JSR 341*
   -

   *JSP 2.3 JSR 245*
   -

   *JSTL 1.2 JSR 52*
   -

   *JBatch (plus) JSR 352*
   -

   *Concurrency utilities for EE JSR 236*
   -


*CDI 1.2, DI, Interceptors 1.2, Common Annotations JSR 346 + JSR 330 JSR
   318 + JSR 250*
   -

   *Bean Validation 1.1 JSR 349*
   -

   *EJB 3.2 JSR 345*
   -

   *JavaEE Connector JSR 322*
   -

   *JPA 2.1 JSR 338 (WARNING: openjpa based distributions provide a JPA 2.0
   runtime)*
   -

   *JMS 2.0 JSR 343 (layer based on ActiveMQ 5 / JMS 1.1 for default
   distributions)*
   -

   *JTA 1.2 JSR 907*
   -

   *Javamail 1.4 (NOTE: EE 7 requires 1.5)*
   -

   *JAX-RS 2.0 JSR 339*
   -

   *JAX-WS 2.2 JSR 224*
   -

   *JAXB 2.2 JSR 222*
   -

   *and more inherited from TomEE 1/JavaEE 6*
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

COURTAULT Francois
Hello,

It should be also relevant to include in the Release notes the MicroProfile specifications that are covered (haven't check if it's already written or not).

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: African Wild Dog [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: mercredi 13 novembre 2019 23:05
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: TomEE - 8.0.0 - Release notes?

> Correct. We're missing some of the lesser used, older full profile specs.
> We're not intending to certify the full profile, although the plus and
> plume distributions do ship with things like connectors and JMS which
> work well.
>

About the 8.0.0 release, could you list the specs already implemented?

The comparison page <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftomee.apache.org%2Ftomee-8.0%2Fdocs%2Fcomparison.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7CFrancois.COURTAULT%40gemalto.com%7C72cf6bcba6a34b54fd8c08d7688593cf%7C37d0a9db7c464096bfe31add5b495d6d%7C0%7C0%7C637092795226189815&amp;sdata=2%2Fze9sf40WnptRuPRmKAKL%2FAqwDhic%2FRc3h5yXWxKSM%3D&amp;reserved=0>
is outdated (only the Tomee 7 specs):

*TomEE 7 targets JavaEE 7 and implements these specifications (in parenthesis the distibution(s) containing it if not part of the basic
packages):*

   -

   *WebSocket JSR 356*
   -

   *JSON-P JSR 353*
   -

   *Servlet 3.1 JSR 340*
   -

   *JSF 2.2 JSR 344*
   -

   *EL 3.0 JSR 341*
   -

   *JSP 2.3 JSR 245*
   -

   *JSTL 1.2 JSR 52*
   -

   *JBatch (plus) JSR 352*
   -

   *Concurrency utilities for EE JSR 236*
   -


*CDI 1.2, DI, Interceptors 1.2, Common Annotations JSR 346 + JSR 330 JSR
   318 + JSR 250*
   -

   *Bean Validation 1.1 JSR 349*
   -

   *EJB 3.2 JSR 345*
   -

   *JavaEE Connector JSR 322*
   -

   *JPA 2.1 JSR 338 (WARNING: openjpa based distributions provide a JPA 2.0
   runtime)*
   -

   *JMS 2.0 JSR 343 (layer based on ActiveMQ 5 / JMS 1.1 for default
   distributions)*
   -

   *JTA 1.2 JSR 907*
   -

   *Javamail 1.4 (NOTE: EE 7 requires 1.5)*
   -

   *JAX-RS 2.0 JSR 339*
   -

   *JAX-WS 2.2 JSR 224*
   -

   *JAXB 2.2 JSR 222*
   -

   *and more inherited from TomEE 1/JavaEE 6*
________________________________
 This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.