Test failing on bean-validation-design-by-contract example -TOMEE-2617

Test failing on bean-validation-design-by-contract example -TOMEE-2617

Cesar Hernandez
Hi,

Today while testing Jean-Louis recommendations for "Building TomEE with
JDK8 and running with JDK11" [1], I notice that even running with Java 8
gives a test failure in the bean-validation-design-by-contract example.

I opened: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2617 and also
attached a PR https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/537 ready for review.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9440b96c448395a9c824ee972b462f4338c8a59483b540867d42dab1@%3Cdev.tomee.apache.org%3E
César Hernández.

Re: Test failing on bean-validation-design-by-contract example -TOMEE-2617

David Blevins-2
> On Aug 12, 2019, at 7:23 PM, Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Today while testing Jean-Louis recommendations for "Building TomEE with
> JDK8 and running with JDK11" [1], I notice that even running with Java 8
> gives a test failure in the bean-validation-design-by-contract example.
>
> I opened: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2617 and also
> attached a PR https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/537 ready for review.

Merged.  Thanks, Cesar.

Thomas, looks like we have a workaround in.  Only thing missing is a little text in the README.adoc.  Maybe some kind of small Asciidoc "NOTE" admonition or something.

Question for either of you (or anyone), do we want to backport this to the TomEE 7.1 branch of examples so it encourages people to use the behavior we know will work in TomEE 8?

 - http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-7.1/examples/bean-validation-design-by-contract.html

Thinking if we don't, we likely need to at least put a "WARNING" admonition in the 7.1 copy.

-David