TOMEE-2289

Puneeth PS-2
Hi,

I have created a PR ( https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340 ) for
TOMEE-2289. Can someone take a look and help me improve it?

Re: TOMEE-2289

ivanjunckes
Hi Puneeth, I will review it for you.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 8:39 AM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a PR ( https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340 ) for
> TOMEE-2289. Can someone take a look and help me improve it?

Re: TOMEE-2289

ivanjunckes
Puneeth, I did some comments here
https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340#pullrequestreview-188661807,
please take a look.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Puneeth, I will review it for you.
>
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 8:39 AM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created a PR ( https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340 ) for
>> TOMEE-2289. Can someone take a look and help me improve it?

Re: TOMEE-2289

Puneeth PS-2
Hi Ivan,

I have made the changes requested and I've some questions regarding the
spec which I've asked on the github thread, can you please clarify these?

On Wed 2 Jan, 2019, 6:09 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email] wrote:

> Puneeth, I did some comments here
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340#pullrequestreview-188661807,
> please take a look.
>
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Puneeth, I will review it for you.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 8:39 AM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have created a PR ( https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340 ) for
> >> TOMEE-2289. Can someone take a look and help me improve it?

Re: TOMEE-2289

ivanjunckes
Hi Puneeth, I added a couple of more comments.

There seems to have a couple of bugs in the openapi implementation.

Json serialization bug and also /openapi is not working without the header.
So we may need to open bugs
in https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues>.

I will try to help troubleshoot these issues.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:53 AM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> I have made the changes requested and I've some questions regarding the
> spec which I've asked on the github thread, can you please clarify these?
>
> On Wed 2 Jan, 2019, 6:09 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]
> wrote:
>
> > Puneeth, I did some comments here
> > https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340#pullrequestreview-188661807,
> > please take a look.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Puneeth, I will review it for you.

Re: TOMEE-2289

Puneeth PS-2
Hi Ivan,

/openapi works in POSTMAN client but not on browser, so might not be an
issue.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 6:38 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Puneeth, I added a couple of more comments.
>
> There seems to have a couple of bugs in the openapi implementation.
>
> Json serialization bug and also /openapi is not working without the header.
> So we may need to open bugs
> in https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues>.
>
> I will try to help troubleshoot these issues.
>

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:53 AM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ivan,
> >
> > I have made the changes requested and I've some questions regarding the
> > spec which I've asked on the github thread, can you please clarify these?
> >
> > On Wed 2 Jan, 2019, 6:09 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Puneeth, I did some comments here
> > > https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340#pullrequestreview-188661807,
> > > please take a look.
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM Ivan Junckes Filho <

> for

Re: TOMEE-2289

ivanjunckes
I will take a look and help troubleshoot this.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:08 PM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> /openapi works in POSTMAN client but not on browser, so might not be an
> issue.
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 6:38 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Puneeth, I added a couple of more comments.
> >
> > There seems to have a couple of bugs in the openapi implementation.
> >
> > Json serialization bug and also /openapi is not working without the
> header.
> > So we may need to open bugs
> > in https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues>.
> >
> > I will try to help troubleshoot these issues.
> >

> > On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:53 AM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ivan,
> > >
> > > I have made the changes requested and I've some questions regarding the
> > > spec which I've asked on the github thread, can you please clarify
> these?

> ,

> > [hidden email]

> > for

Re: TOMEE-2289

Cesar Hernandez
This  "default" behavior is also present in Metrics geronimo
implementation.
The issue is that the spec doesn't explicitly indicate the default
content-type requirement.

El jue., 3 ene. 2019 a las 9:48, Ivan Junckes Filho (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> I will take a look and help troubleshoot this.
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:08 PM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ivan,
> >
> > /openapi works in POSTMAN client but not on browser, so might not be an
> > issue.
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 6:38 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Puneeth, I added a couple of more comments.
> > >
> > > There seems to have a couple of bugs in the openapi implementation.
> > >
> > > Json serialization bug and also /openapi is not working without the
> > header.
> > > So we may need to open bugs
> > > in https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues
> > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/issues>.
> > >
> > > I will try to help troubleshoot these issues.

> the
> > these?

> [hidden email]

> https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340#pullrequestreview-188661807
> > ,

> > > [hidden email]

> )
> > > for

César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: TOMEE-2289

ivanjunckes
Yes, the default content-type for browsers is text/html. I will submit a pr
accepting that.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 2:17 PM César Hernández Mendoza <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This  "default" behavior is also present in Metrics geronimo
> implementation.
> The issue is that the spec doesn't explicitly indicate the default
> content-type requirement.
>
> El jue., 3 ene. 2019 a las 9:48, Ivan Junckes Filho (<
> [hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
> > I will take a look and help troubleshoot this.
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:08 PM Puneeth PS <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ivan,
> > >
> > > /openapi works in POSTMAN client but not on browser, so might not be an
> > > issue.
> > >
> > > On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 6:38 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <

> > > header.

> > the
> > > these?

> > [hidden email]

> > https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340#pullrequestreview-188661807
> > > ,

> [hidden email]>

> https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340
> > )
> > > > > > >>

> --
> Atentamente:
> César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: TOMEE-2289

ivanjunckes
FYI I opened a PR on geronimo to fix the issue with text/html.

https://github.com/apache/geronimo-openapi/pull/4

Postman was working because it used */* and the implementation was properly
handling it, but not handling text/html.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 2:34 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Yes, the default content-type for browsers is text/html. I will submit a
> pr accepting that.
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 2:17 PM César Hernández Mendoza <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This  "default" behavior is also present in Metrics geronimo
>> implementation.
>> The issue is that the spec doesn't explicitly indicate the default
>> content-type requirement.
>>
>> El jue., 3 ene. 2019 a las 9:48, Ivan Junckes Filho (<
>> [hidden email]>)
>> escribió:
>>
>> > I will take a look and help troubleshoot this.

>> an

>> [hidden email]

>> regarding
>> > the

>> > [hidden email]

>> > https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340#pullrequestreview-188661807

>> [hidden email]>

>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340
>> > )
>> > > > > > >>

>> --
>> Atentamente:
>> César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: TOMEE-2289

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Ivan

For the browser usage /openapi.json or /openapi.yaml will solve it nicely

On master we ensure to respect the request expected type - it is fine to
serialize it as html, this is even a way to implement a UI for it ;) - but
we also ensure there is a writer instead of assuming the user request will
work (new). This has the drawback to be able to send back an invalid
response to the client (and break it) but since the spec doesn't define
what to do in that case (guess it should just do nothing and let JAX-RS
handle it otherwise microprofile wouldn't be JAX-RS based anymore) and
defines that yaml is supposed to be the default then we are in a grey
enough area to make you happy ;). Worse case we would revert it but it is
not a prod usage for sure so no big deal for now.

Le ven. 4 janv. 2019 à 21:04, Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> FYI I opened a PR on geronimo to fix the issue with text/html.
>
> https://github.com/apache/geronimo-openapi/pull/4
>
> Postman was working because it used */* and the implementation was
> properly handling it, but not handling text/html.
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 2:34 PM Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, the default content-type for browsers is text/html. I will submit a
>> pr accepting that.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 2:17 PM César Hernández Mendoza <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> This  "default" behavior is also present in Metrics geronimo
>>> implementation.
>>> The issue is that the spec doesn't explicitly indicate the default
>>> content-type requirement.
>>>
>>> El jue., 3 ene. 2019 a las 9:48, Ivan Junckes Filho (<
>>> [hidden email]>)

>>> an

>>> [hidden email]

>>> regarding
>>> clarify

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/340
>>> > > > > > >>

>>> --
>>> Atentamente:
>>> César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: TOMEE-2289

Cesar Hernandez
I tested Ivan's PR.
From my point of view, if the specification doesn't limit this behavior,
then we can prevent first user frustration when they realize they can't
have a valid response if they execute the request from the browser.

This has the drawback to be able to send back an invalid
> response to the client (and break it)

I didn't understand how this can happen with current Ivan's PR.

César Hernández Mendoza.