Trying to give visibility as much as possible.
Here is a more high level status on Jakarta EE 8 TCK (EE 9 is close so I'll
focus on EE 8)
I would say that most of the integration work has been done.
We are mostly in a final stage where we need to check what a test is doing,
and either find a better configuration for TomEE or fix it so it passes the
I have probably more to add, but we'll do on the flow.
2/ Jaspic went down because I removed the work around I did back during
summer. Now that I opened a ticket to the JASPIC team, we need to wait for
their feedback, but I don't want to mess with the results artificially.
Have a good weekend and thanks
Great community effort.
I realized that some tests are still using old namespaces. Aside from that
being a TCK bug that I'm going to submit and fix, it strikes me that TomEE
should be able to support both new and old namespaces in XML descriptors.
At least, our code is built to support it, so if it does not. Then we need
So I decided to revert the transformer rules to rename the namespaces and
did a new run which adds about 1000 failures mainly on JPA.
I need to do a further analysis to see how to fix it. I'll also open a new
thread on our TomEE 9 and the approach taken. We might need to use a
slightly different path.
On EJB 30, aside from the AroundConstruct failure, the datasource tests are
passing locally, so there is probably an influence from other tests.
On jaspic, the callback handler from Tomcat is still an issue, but no
answer from the spec, so everyone pushed the ball on the other side.
On jaxrs, good progress but still work to do.
On jpa, failures are mainly related to open issues on TCK.
On jstl, the single failure is the same
On securityapi, our implementation is in draft mode and not enough tested
and probably lack in terms of implementation
On servlet and websockets, we are better, but still need to see where
failures are expected (tomcat challenges opened) or not.
If some of you guys want to help, please shoot so we don't duplicate the