Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

karlkilden
Hello, I know this is supposed to be trivial. This shows config changes:

http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html

But what about lib changes? Anyone have good advice on what to add and
possibly remove?

cheers

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Did you try tomee plume 1.7? It uses eclipselink and mojarra
Le 16 août 2014 17:02, "Karl Kildén" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello, I know this is supposed to be trivial. This shows config changes:
>
> http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html
>
> But what about lib changes? Anyone have good advice on what to add and
> possibly remove?
>
> cheers

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

karlkilden
Hello Romain!

I am a big fan of myfaces but I guess I could go with plume and switch back
to myfaces. Is plume a plus variant though? I also need jms

On 16 August 2014 17:26, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Did you try tomee plume 1.7? It uses eclipselink and mojarra
> Le 16 août 2014 17:02, "Karl Kildén" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Hello, I know this is supposed to be trivial. This shows config changes:
> >
> > http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html
> >
> > But what about lib changes? Anyone have good advice on what to add and
> > possibly remove?
> >
> > cheers

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Romain Manni-Bucau
yes but the comment was more do a diff between plus and plume distro
and you'll get needed jars.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> Hello Romain!
>
> I am a big fan of myfaces but I guess I could go with plume and switch back
> to myfaces. Is plume a plus variant though? I also need jms
>

> On 16 August 2014 17:26, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Did you try tomee plume 1.7? It uses eclipselink and mojarra
>> Le 16 août 2014 17:02, "Karl Kildén" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> > Hello, I know this is supposed to be trivial. This shows config changes:
>> >
>> > http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html
>> >
>> > But what about lib changes? Anyone have good advice on what to add and
>> > possibly remove?
>> >
>> > cheers

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Bjorn Danielsson
I've been switching back and forth between Eclipselink and OpenJPA
for various reasons. All I do to enable Eclipselink is put a copy
of eclipselink.jar in tomee/lib, in addition to changing the provider
in my app's persistence.xml. If you don't want to use plume, just
copy the eclipselink jar from that distribution.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, I know this is supposed to be trivial. This shows config changes:
>
> http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html
>
> But what about lib changes? Anyone have good advice on what to add and
> possibly remove?
>
> cheers

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

karlkilden
Thanks guys!

On 16 August 2014 19:57, Bjorn Danielsson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I've been switching back and forth between Eclipselink and OpenJPA
> for various reasons. All I do to enable Eclipselink is put a copy
> of eclipselink.jar in tomee/lib, in addition to changing the provider
> in my app's persistence.xml. If you don't want to use plume, just
> copy the eclipselink jar from that distribution.
>
> --
> Bjorn Danielsson
> Cuspy Code AB
>

> Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello, I know this is supposed to be trivial. This shows config changes:
> >
> > http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html
> >
> > But what about lib changes? Anyone have good advice on what to add and
> > possibly remove?
> >
> > cheers

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

karlkilden
Seems to work fine but I do get this in the log:

[EL Info]: 2014-08-17
18:57:56.333--ServerSession(2103498909)--file:/C:/raindance/mp/mp/web/target/mp-web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/mp-domain-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar_ref
login successful
[EL Warning]: 2014-08-17 18:57:56.338--ServerSession(2103498909)--Problem
while registering MBean: java.lang.NullPointerException

You never want NPE in your boot log, anyone knows whats up?

On 16 August 2014 21:55, Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks guys!
>

> On 16 August 2014 19:57, Bjorn Danielsson <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've been switching back and forth between Eclipselink and OpenJPA
>> for various reasons. All I do to enable Eclipselink is put a copy
>> of eclipselink.jar in tomee/lib, in addition to changing the provider
>> in my app's persistence.xml. If you don't want to use plume, just
>> copy the eclipselink jar from that distribution.
>>
>> --
>> Bjorn Danielsson
>> Cuspy Code AB
>>

>> Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello, I know this is supposed to be trivial. This shows config changes:
>> >
>> > http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html
>> >
>> > But what about lib changes? Anyone have good advice on what to add and
>> > possibly remove?
>> >
>> > cheers

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

smithh032772
Karl, I informed the list (in another topic/thread) that I saw that
nullpointerexception too, since I have eclipselink in my project. I only
see this on my DEV server (windows 2008 server, standard edition, 64-bit,
JDK 8.0_11).

I don't see the exception onmy production server (windows 2008 server, R2,
64-bit, JDK 8.0_11).

I use eclipselink 2.3.2 and Apache Derby 10.x.

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems to work fine but I do get this in the log:
>
> [EL Info]: 2014-08-17
>
> 18:57:56.333--ServerSession(2103498909)--file:/C:/raindance/mp/mp/web/target/mp-web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/mp-domain-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar_ref
> login successful
> [EL Warning]: 2014-08-17 18:57:56.338--ServerSession(2103498909)--Problem
> while registering MBean: java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> You never want NPE in your boot log, anyone knows whats up?
>

> On 16 August 2014 21:55, Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks guys!
> >

> > On 16 August 2014 19:57, Bjorn Danielsson <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I've been switching back and forth between Eclipselink and OpenJPA
> >> for various reasons. All I do to enable Eclipselink is put a copy
> >> of eclipselink.jar in tomee/lib, in addition to changing the provider
> >> in my app's persistence.xml. If you don't want to use plume, just
> >> copy the eclipselink jar from that distribution.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bjorn Danielsson
> >> Cuspy Code AB

> changes:

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Bjorn Danielsson
I missed this, but I see now that I too have this warning in my logs.
For me it started appearing in the 1.7.0 release. It didn't occur in
my 20140721 snapshot.

Running Ubuntu 12.04.4 server, Java 1.7, eclipselink 2.4.2, Mysql.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

"Howard W. Smith, Jr." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Karl, I informed the list (in another topic/thread) that I saw that
> nullpointerexception too, since I have eclipselink in my project. I only
> see this on my DEV server (windows 2008 server, standard edition, 64-bit,
> JDK 8.0_11).
>
> I don't see the exception onmy production server (windows 2008 server, R2,
> 64-bit, JDK 8.0_11).
>
> I use eclipselink 2.3.2 and Apache Derby 10.x.
>

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Seems to work fine but I do get this in the log:
>>
>> [EL Info]: 2014-08-17
>>
>> 18:57:56.333--ServerSession(2103498909)--file:/C:/raindance/mp/mp/web/target/mp-web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/mp-domain-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar_ref
>> login successful
>> [EL Warning]: 2014-08-17 18:57:56.338--ServerSession(2103498909)--Problem
>> while registering MBean: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>
>> You never want NPE in your boot log, anyone knows whats up?
>>

>> On 16 August 2014 21:55, Karl Kildén <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks guys!

>> changes:

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Guys saying there is an issue is useless, we are still waiting to something
to reproduce and at least a stack. Surely a path issue or jmx character
issue.
Le 18 août 2014 11:49, "Bjorn Danielsson" <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> I missed this, but I see now that I too have this warning in my logs.
> For me it started appearing in the 1.7.0 release. It didn't occur in
> my 20140721 snapshot.
>
> Running Ubuntu 12.04.4 server, Java 1.7, eclipselink 2.4.2, Mysql.
>
> --
> Bjorn Danielsson
> Cuspy Code AB
>

> "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Karl, I informed the list (in another topic/thread) that I saw that
> > nullpointerexception too, since I have eclipselink in my project. I only
> > see this on my DEV server (windows 2008 server, standard edition, 64-bit,
> > JDK 8.0_11).
> >
> > I don't see the exception onmy production server (windows 2008 server,
> R2,
> > 64-bit, JDK 8.0_11).
> >
> > I use eclipselink 2.3.2 and Apache Derby 10.x.
> >

> > On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Karl Kildén <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Seems to work fine but I do get this in the log:
> >>
> >> [EL Info]: 2014-08-17
> >>

> 18:57:56.333--ServerSession(2103498909)--file:/C:/raindance/mp/mp/web/target/mp-web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/mp-domain-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar_ref
> >> login successful
> >> [EL Warning]: 2014-08-17
> 18:57:56.338--ServerSession(2103498909)--Problem
> >> while registering MBean: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>
> >> You never want NPE in your boot log, anyone knows whats up?

> >> changes:

> and

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

karlkilden
Hi Romain,

This was the only output I could find in the boot logs. Do you want a
sample for this? I can just zip something up :-)

On 18 August 2014 13:53, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guys saying there is an issue is useless, we are still waiting to something
> to reproduce and at least a stack. Surely a path issue or jmx character
> issue.
> Le 18 août 2014 11:49, "Bjorn Danielsson" <
> [hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
> > I missed this, but I see now that I too have this warning in my logs.
> > For me it started appearing in the 1.7.0 release. It didn't occur in
> > my 20140721 snapshot.
> >
> > Running Ubuntu 12.04.4 server, Java 1.7, eclipselink 2.4.2, Mysql.
> >
> > --
> > Bjorn Danielsson
> > Cuspy Code AB
> >

> > "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Karl, I informed the list (in another topic/thread) that I saw that
> > > nullpointerexception too, since I have eclipselink in my project. I
> only
> > > see this on my DEV server (windows 2008 server, standard edition,
> 64-bit,
> > > JDK 8.0_11).
> > >
> > > I don't see the exception onmy production server (windows 2008 server,
> > R2,
> > > 64-bit, JDK 8.0_11).
> > >
> > > I use eclipselink 2.3.2 and Apache Derby 10.x.

> > 18:57:56.333--ServerSession(2103498909
> )--file:/C:/raindance/mp/mp/web/target/mp-web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/mp-domain-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar_ref
> > 18:57:56.338--ServerSession(2103498909)--Problem

> provider

> http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html

> add
> > and

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Romain Manni-Bucau
A github project would be awesome
Le 18 août 2014 14:04, "Karl Kildén" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Romain,
>
> This was the only output I could find in the boot logs. Do you want a
> sample for this? I can just zip something up :-)
>

> On 18 August 2014 13:53, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Guys saying there is an issue is useless, we are still waiting to
> something
> > to reproduce and at least a stack. Surely a path issue or jmx character
> > issue.
> > Le 18 août 2014 11:49, "Bjorn Danielsson" <
> > [hidden email]>
> > a écrit :
> >
> > > I missed this, but I see now that I too have this warning in my logs.
> > > For me it started appearing in the 1.7.0 release. It didn't occur in
> > > my 20140721 snapshot.
> > >
> > > Running Ubuntu 12.04.4 server, Java 1.7, eclipselink 2.4.2, Mysql.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bjorn Danielsson
> > > Cuspy Code AB

> > only
> > 64-bit,

> server,
> > > R2,

> > > 18:57:56.333--ServerSession(2103498909
> >
> )--file:/C:/raindance/mp/mp/web/target/mp-web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/mp-domain-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar_ref
> > > 18:57:56.338--ServerSession(2103498909)--Problem

> OpenJPA
> > provider

> > http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/jpa-eclipselink/README.html

> > add
> > > and

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Bjorn Danielsson
Can't get a stack trace, just the warning. But after peeking in
the Eclipselink source code it seems clear the thing that is null
is this variable, which is supposed to hold a platform-specific
Eclipselink MBean:

JMXServerPlatformBase.runtimeServicesMBean

And adding this in tomee/conf/system.properties makes the warning
go away:

eclipselink.register.run.mbean=false

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guys saying there is an issue is useless, we are still waiting to something
> to reproduce and at least a stack. Surely a path issue or jmx character
> issue.
> Le 18 août 2014 11:49, "Bjorn Danielsson" <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> I missed this, but I see now that I too have this warning in my logs.
>> For me it started appearing in the 1.7.0 release. It didn't occur in
>> my 20140721 snapshot.
>>
>> Running Ubuntu 12.04.4 server, Java 1.7, eclipselink 2.4.2, Mysql.
>>
>> --
>> Bjorn Danielsson
>> Cuspy Code AB
>>

>> "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Karl, I informed the list (in another topic/thread) that I saw that
>> > nullpointerexception too, since I have eclipselink in my project. I only
>> > see this on my DEV server (windows 2008 server, standard edition, 64-bit,
>> > JDK 8.0_11).
>> >
>> > I don't see the exception onmy production server (windows 2008 server,
>> R2,
>> > 64-bit, JDK 8.0_11).
>> >
>> > I use eclipselink 2.3.2 and Apache Derby 10.x.

>> 18:57:56.333--ServerSession(2103498909)--file:/C:/raindance/mp/mp/web/target/mp-web-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/mp-domain-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar_ref
>> 18:57:56.338--ServerSession(2103498909)--Problem

>> and

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

agumbrecht
Are you setting the properties -Declipselink.register.run.mbean=true, or
-Declipselink.register.dev.mbean=true
If so then then you will require -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -
This used to be on/true by default, but was removed from the release.

Andy.

On 18/08/2014 16:40, Bjorn Danielsson wrote:

> Can't get a stack trace, just the warning. But after peeking in
> the Eclipselink source code it seems clear the thing that is null
> is this variable, which is supposed to hold a platform-specific
> Eclipselink MBean:
>
> JMXServerPlatformBase.runtimeServicesMBean
>
> And adding this in tomee/conf/system.properties makes the warning
> go away:
>
> eclipselink.register.run.mbean=false

--
   Andy Gumbrecht

   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

   TomEE treibt Tomitribe! | http://tomee.apache.org

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Bjorn Danielsson
Andy, no I didn't modify any startup scripts. I tried adding
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true just now and nothing changed.

When I crank up eclipselink.logging.level the logs show that the
eclipselink "MBeanDevelopmentServices" is registered, but the next
mbean is null. That's the "MBeanRuntimeServices" mbean if you look
in the eclipselink source code. But here my understanding stops
unfortunately.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you setting the properties -Declipselink.register.run.mbean=true,
> or -Declipselink.register.dev.mbean=true
> If so then then you will require -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -
> This used to be on/true by default, but was removed from the release.
>
> Andy.
>
> On 18/08/2014 16:40, Bjorn Danielsson wrote:
>> Can't get a stack trace, just the warning. But after peeking in
>> the Eclipselink source code it seems clear the thing that is null
>> is this variable, which is supposed to hold a platform-specific
>> Eclipselink MBean:
>>
>> JMXServerPlatformBase.runtimeServicesMBean
>>
>> And adding this in tomee/conf/system.properties makes the warning
>> go away:
>>
>> eclipselink.register.run.mbean=false

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Ok think I get i, that's a tomee bug. I'll try to fix it tonight

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> Andy, no I didn't modify any startup scripts. I tried adding
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true just now and nothing changed.
>
> When I crank up eclipselink.logging.level the logs show that the
> eclipselink "MBeanDevelopmentServices" is registered, but the next
> mbean is null. That's the "MBeanRuntimeServices" mbean if you look
> in the eclipselink source code. But here my understanding stops
> unfortunately.
>
> --
> Bjorn Danielsson
> Cuspy Code AB
>

> Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Are you setting the properties -Declipselink.register.run.mbean=true,
>> or -Declipselink.register.dev.mbean=true
>> If so then then you will require -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -
>> This used to be on/true by default, but was removed from the release.
>>
>> Andy.
>>
>> On 18/08/2014 16:40, Bjorn Danielsson wrote:
>>> Can't get a stack trace, just the warning. But after peeking in
>>> the Eclipselink source code it seems clear the thing that is null
>>> is this variable, which is supposed to hold a platform-specific
>>> Eclipselink MBean:
>>>
>>> JMXServerPlatformBase.runtimeServicesMBean
>>>
>>> And adding this in tomee/conf/system.properties makes the warning
>>> go away:
>>>
>>> eclipselink.register.run.mbean=false

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> Ok think I get i, that's a tomee bug. I'll try to fix it tonight
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>> Andy, no I didn't modify any startup scripts. I tried adding
>> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true just now and nothing changed.
>>
>> When I crank up eclipselink.logging.level the logs show that the
>> eclipselink "MBeanDevelopmentServices" is registered, but the next
>> mbean is null. That's the "MBeanRuntimeServices" mbean if you look
>> in the eclipselink source code. But here my understanding stops
>> unfortunately.
>>
>> --
>> Bjorn Danielsson
>> Cuspy Code AB
>>

>> Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Are you setting the properties -Declipselink.register.run.mbean=true,
>>> or -Declipselink.register.dev.mbean=true
>>> If so then then you will require -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -
>>> This used to be on/true by default, but was removed from the release.
>>>
>>> Andy.

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Bjorn Danielsson
Wow! That was fast ;-)

Could you also please answer a stupid question: the bug only
affected Eclipselink monitoring, am I correct here? Because
I never saw any problems, just this strange warning.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1296
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>> Ok think I get i, that's a tomee bug. I'll try to fix it tonight

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

Romain Manni-Bucau
yep

you can also disable it setting openejb.eclipselink.jmx=false

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> Wow! That was fast ;-)
>
> Could you also please answer a stupid question: the bug only
> affected Eclipselink monitoring, am I correct here? Because
> I never saw any problems, just this strange warning.
>
> --
> Bjorn Danielsson
> Cuspy Code AB
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1296
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>>> Ok think I get i, that's a tomee bug. I'll try to fix it tonight

Re: Switching to Eclipselink in TomEE plus?

smithh032772
Romain is 'always' fast! :D

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Bjorn Danielsson <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow! That was fast ;-)
12