Strange email from WebTide.

Juan Ma
Hie all.

This message is @openejb developers crew.
I've received this strange email, and I'd like to know if you know about that before I reply to it.

Thanks

Juan Manuel

from Adam Lieber <adam[at]webtide[dot]com>
date 19 de enero de 2009 23:47
subject OpenEJB interest

Hi Juan,

I'm writing about possible opportunities to spread OpenEJB usage. If you have a few minutes,  a quick response to this email, or, if you're available, a chat by IM/IRC or phone would also be appreciated.

Basically, some of the main people developing OpenEJB are looking to see if they can switch to work on it full time. I work full time with Webtide doing similar things with Jetty and Cometd, so I agreed to help them find out if their move would be feasible.

Basically, I'm surveying to find if there are projects contemplating using OpenEJB in corporate settings, or within software publishers. I won't do any redistribution of your feedback.

+If so, what container they deploy with (Tomcat, Jetty?)
+If the project has a budget, and if so, if that budget would like to be spent on custom development from an outside team, or perhaps just ad hoc advice and support?  Is the project critical (anything you can share)?
+Are there any obstacles you see to getting the above approved?
+Would you need help/development with anything other than OpenEJB to make the project a success?

So, if you have a few minutes to possibly help OpenEJB gain more full time resources backing it, I would very much appreciate your feedback by email, IM/IRC, or if you'd just like to chat by phone, let me know when.

Best,

Adam Lieber, Webtide LLC | www.webtide.com | adam[at]webtide[dot]com

Re: Strange email from WebTide.

Dain Sundstrom
Juan,

I'm investigating working on OpenEJB full time, and asked my friend
Adam if he could help me assess the feasibility of building a Webtide
like organization for the OpenEJB project.

If you have a few minutes to respond (offline), I would really
appreciate it.

Thank you,

-dain