SHA files

Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)
All,

Is there a reason that we do not post proper sha files for download.  In the files we post, all it shows is the checksum.  If we added the file at the end, the sha512 command would be able to make use of it.   For example we post:

3e8fc…yougettheidea…8bf7

As opposed to:

3e8fc…yougettheidea…8bf7 *apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz

If you execute shaw512 -c apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz on the 1st line you get:
sha512sum: apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz.sha512: no properly formatted SHA512 checksum lines found

It would make automation easier, if we could include the proper shaw files.

Thanks,
Rod.

Re: SHA files

Zowalla, Richard
Hi,

I think this is the way the ASF parent POM configuration is generating
the SHA512 hashes during a release process (at least it seems to be the
same for other ASF projects (Maven, ...) as well).

I am using a this way of checking the checksums in our automation
processes (docker ci envs):

//obtain the checksum via wget or similar, store it in a variable
echo "${SHA512}" my-tomee-artifact-with-a-custom-name.zip | sha512sum
-c -

Gruss
Richard

Am Dienstag, den 06.04.2021, 17:07 +0000 schrieb Jenkins, Rodney J
(Rod):

> All,
>
> Is there a reason that we do not post proper sha files for
> download.  In the files we post, all it shows is the checksum.  If we
> added the file at the end, the sha512 command would be able to make
> use of it.   For example we post:
>
> 3e8fc…yougettheidea…8bf7
>
> As opposed to:
>

> 3e8fc…yougettheidea…8bf7 *apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz
>

> If you execute shaw512 -c apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz on the 1st
> line you get:
> sha512sum: apache-tomee-8.0.6-plume.tar.gz.sha512: no properly
> formatted SHA512 checksum lines found
>
> It would make automation easier, if we could include the proper shaw
> files.
>
> Thanks,
> Rod.

Re: SHA files

David Blevins-2
> On Apr 6, 2021, at 11:34 AM, Zowalla, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this is the way the ASF parent POM configuration is generating
> the SHA512 hashes during a release process (at least it seems to be the
> same for other ASF projects (Maven, ...) as well).
>
> I am using a this way of checking the checksums in our automation
> processes (docker ci envs):
>
> //obtain the checksum via wget or similar, store it in a variable
> echo "${SHA512}" my-tomee-artifact-with-a-custom-name.zip | sha512sum
> -c -

I like it.  I used this to make a script version if anyone wants it.  It'll do the download of the sha512.

 - https://gist.github.com/dblevins/fd9200a4664a82a26019fe7c17a7a3d1#file-verify-sh

Warning, I have a non-traditional bash style :)

-David

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment