Re: [openejb-user] A question

On Oct 27, 2005, at 4:32 AM, Mohammed Nour wrote:

> On 10/26/05, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote
>
> Either works. If you want to contribute to OpenEJB alone, you don't
> have
>> to bother with Geronimo pieces. There are lots of ways to contribute:
>> building the software yourself while reporting issues and documenting
>> bits are the most easiest. When you're done with it, you can start
>> contributing patches - take a look at OpenEJB JIRA - the issue report
>> system - and pick up the one you could have much fun with.
>>
>> Start simple with following documentation and see if it works. Ask
>> questions and voila, that's it.
>>
>> In the meantime, join #openejb channel on irc.freenode.org<http://
>> irc.freenode.org>- we're
>> covering most of the TZs, so someone should always be there.
>>

>> Jacek
>
> Sorry for too much questions, but which version to work with 1.0 or
> 2.0 ?, I
> already downloaded the source code of 1.0 and succeeded to build it
> and play
> with it, but I feel that version 2.0 is the one the OpenEJB is
> currently
> focusing on, so which one do you suggest?

Hi Mohammed,

I noticed this thread kind of slowed down and just wanted to throw my
2c in hoping to get it started again.

There is work to do on both 1.0 and 2.0.  Both are important and both
will be included in OpenEJB 3.0 when that gets fully off the ground.

Jeremy Whitlock is doing some work on the WebAdmin Console which is
our last box to check before we push out another 1.0.  It would be
really great if you could help out there.  Jeremy probably has more
details on what needs to be done.

Re: [openejb-user] A question

Jeremy Whitlock
Mohammed,
If you are interested in this, let me know. There is a generic Jira in
OPENEJB:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-62

This needs to be updated with more granular information on what needs to be
done. Once you voice your interest, we will act accordingly.

Take care,
Jeremy

On 11/9/05, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2005, at 4:32 AM, Mohammed Nour wrote:
>
> > On 10/26/05, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote
> >
> > Either works. If you want to contribute to OpenEJB alone, you don't
> > have
> >> to bother with Geronimo pieces. There are lots of ways to contribute:
> >> building the software yourself while reporting issues and documenting
> >> bits are the most easiest. When you're done with it, you can start
> >> contributing patches - take a look at OpenEJB JIRA - the issue report
> >> system - and pick up the one you could have much fun with.
> >>
> >> Start simple with following documentation and see if it works. Ask
> >> questions and voila, that's it.
> >>
> >> In the meantime, join #openejb channel on irc.freenode.org<http://irc.freenode.org>
> <http://
> >> irc.freenode.org <http://irc.freenode.org>>- we're
> >> covering most of the TZs, so someone should always be there.
> >>

> >> Jacek
> >
> > Sorry for too much questions, but which version to work with 1.0 or
> > 2.0 ?, I
> > already downloaded the source code of 1.0 and succeeded to build it
> > and play
> > with it, but I feel that version 2.0 is the one the OpenEJB is
> > currently
> > focusing on, so which one do you suggest?
>
> Hi Mohammed,
>
> I noticed this thread kind of slowed down and just wanted to throw my
> 2c in hoping to get it started again.
>
> There is work to do on both 1.0 and 2.0. Both are important and both
> will be included in OpenEJB 3.0 when that gets fully off the ground.
>
> Jeremy Whitlock is doing some work on the WebAdmin Console which is
> our last box to check before we push out another 1.0. It would be
> really great if you could help out there. Jeremy probably has more
> details on what needs to be done.

Re: [openejb-user] A question

Mohammad Nour El-Din
On 11/9/05, Jeremy Whitlock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mohammed,
> If you are interested in this, let me know. There is a generic Jira in
> OPENEJB:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-62
>
> This needs to be updated with more granular information on what needs to
> be
> done. Once you voice your interest, we will act accordingly.
>
> Take care,
> Jeremy

Hi Jeremy...
  How are you? :), Sorry for being late to respond to your last note, I
checked my mail yesterday only.
 Are you kidding, sure I am very interested. I got the latest snapshot from
the CVS server following this command

 *cvs -d:pserver:[hidden email]:/scm/openejb co openejb1*

And I built this snapshot successfully. Then I tested the webadmin client
from my browser and it works fine without copying the
*openejb-webadmin-main-XXXX.jar* file mentioned in
*JIRA#**OPENEJB-62*<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-62>.
So I need your feedback on this, to see if I did something wrong, or if I
don't understand the JIRA comment very well, or really everything is OK as I
found. Please I need your feedback ASAP.
 Best regards...

*Mohammad Nour El-Din*