Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Alex The Rocker
Welcome Cesar!

Alexandre

Le jeu. 5 sept. 2019 à 09:56, COURTAULT Francois
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Congratulation Cesar !

Thomas Andraschko
congrats!

Am Do., 5. Sept. 2019 um 09:53 Uhr schrieb Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]>:

> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited Cesar
> become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
>
> Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> always something to improve especially in the open source world.
>
> When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and 50%
> our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
>
> I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he has
> been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed a
> large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors contribute.
>
> We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> accepted.
>
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
> no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
> productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> to guide the direction of the project.
>

> Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Zowalla, Richard
congrats! :)

[hidden email]>:

[...]

Richard Zowalla, M.Sc.
Research Associate, PhD Student | Medical Informatics

Hochschule Heilbronn – University of Applied Sciences
Max-Planck-Str. 39
D-74081 Heilbronn
phone: +49 7131 504 6791

smime.p7s (9K) Download Attachment

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Michael Redlich
Congratulations, Cesar!  That's awesome!

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 3:53 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited Cesar
> become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
>
> Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> always something to improve especially in the open source world.
>
> When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and 50%
> our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
>
> I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he has
> been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed a
> large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors contribute.
>
> We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> accepted.
>
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
> no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
> productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> to guide the direction of the project.
>

> Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

*Code*, *Write*, *Cycle*, *Run*, *Drink*,
*Sleep ... Repeat*

*InfoQ <https://www.infoq.com/> Java Queue Editor*
https://about.me/mpredli <http://about.me/mpredli/>
https://twitter.com/mpredli
https://redlich.net/
https://javasig.org/
*Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler*

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

ivanjunckes
Congratulations Cesar!

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:49 AM Michael Redlich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations, Cesar!  That's awesome!
>

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 3:53 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
>
> > The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited Cesar
> > become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
> >
> > Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> > Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> > always something to improve especially in the open source world.
> >
> > When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> > source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and
> 50%
> > our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
> >
> > I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he has
> > been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed a
> > large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors
> contribute.
> >
> > We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> > accepted.
> >
> > Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there
> is
> > no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
> > productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
> and
> > to guide the direction of the project.
> >

> > Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> > --
> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> >

> --
> *Code*, *Write*, *Cycle*, *Run*, *Drink*,
> *Sleep ... Repeat*
>
> *InfoQ <https://www.infoq.com/> Java Queue Editor*
> https://about.me/mpredli <http://about.me/mpredli/>
> https://twitter.com/mpredli
> https://redlich.net/
> https://javasig.org/
> *Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler*

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Thiago Veronezi
Congrats Cesar!
You rock, bud!

[]s,
Thiago

On Thu., Sep. 5, 2019, 7:38 a.m. Ivan Junckes Filho, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations Cesar!
>
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:49 AM Michael Redlich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations, Cesar!  That's awesome!
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 3:53 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited
> Cesar
> > > become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
> > >
> > > Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> > > Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> > > always something to improve especially in the open source world.
> > >
> > > When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> > > source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and
> > 50%
> > > our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
> > >
> > > I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he
> has
> > > been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed
> > > large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors
> > contribute.
> > >
> > > We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> > > accepted.
> > >
> > > Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
> there
> > is
> > > no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable
> better
> > > productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
> > and
> > > to guide the direction of the project.
> > >

> > > Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com
> > >

> > --
> > *Code*, *Write*, *Cycle*, *Run*, *Drink*,
> > *Sleep ... Repeat*
> >
> > *InfoQ <https://www.infoq.com/> Java Queue Editor*
> > https://about.me/mpredli <http://about.me/mpredli/>
> > https://twitter.com/mpredli
> > https://redlich.net/
> > https://javasig.org/
> > *Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler*

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Congratulations Cesar, very happy for you.  : )

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019, 08:38 Ivan Junckes Filho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations Cesar!
>
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:49 AM Michael Redlich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations, Cesar!  That's awesome!
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 3:53 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited
> Cesar
> > > become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
> > >
> > > Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> > > Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> > > always something to improve especially in the open source world.
> > >
> > > When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> > > source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and
> > 50%
> > > our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
> > >
> > > I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he
> has
> > > been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed
> > > large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors
> > contribute.
> > >
> > > We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> > > accepted.
> > >
> > > Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
> there
> > is
> > > no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable
> better
> > > productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
> > and
> > > to guide the direction of the project.
> > >

> > > Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com
> > >

> > --
> > *Code*, *Write*, *Cycle*, *Run*, *Drink*,
> > *Sleep ... Repeat*
> >
> > *InfoQ <https://www.infoq.com/> Java Queue Editor*
> > https://about.me/mpredli <http://about.me/mpredli/>
> > https://twitter.com/mpredli
> > https://redlich.net/
> > https://javasig.org/
> > *Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler*

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Congratulations Cesar!

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 8:53 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited Cesar
> become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
>
> Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> always something to improve especially in the open source world.
>
> When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and 50%
> our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
>
> I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he has
> been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed a
> large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors contribute.
>
> We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> accepted.
>
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
> no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
> productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> to guide the direction of the project.
>

> Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Marco Ferreira
Congrats Cesar!!!

--
AAte

Atenciosamente,

Marco Ferreira
[image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
<https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api>

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

David Blevins
Congratulations, Cesar!!  Well deserved.

You set an excellent example helping so many people become contributors.  A simple "good job" doesn't cut it.

> On Sep 5, 2019, at 12:53 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and 50%
> our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.

:)

> I must say Cesar over performed in this area.

Completely agree.

Cesar, if we had 4 more of you, there'd be 150+ people as contributors in our github stats.  Beyond numbers, you need to understand the impact you have on people's lives.  Hopefully they'll be as kind as Jean-Louis to quote you some day :)

Your announcement email is 14 people long and it's not even been 24 hours.  That's more than most votes for TomEE release!

I love the example you set helping others into this project.  Everyone needs to understand and respect, you were never asked or trained to do it and you didn't get any special permission.  You just did it.  Everyone should be as brave and jump in, come what may.

Few people learn more as those who help others.  Be generous with your time to others and you'll be rewarded with both knowledge and a friend.

Keep up the great work enabling others and let's make more of these announcements :)

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

David Jencks-3
Well deserved indeed!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as active helping others in a project!  I’ve been extremely impressed for a long time!

David Jencks