Re: Incubation

On Jul 10, 2006, at 9:39 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 6/07/2006 9:50 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>> Here is a first cut on that http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
>> INCUBATOR-23.  Hope i got enough info in there to start with.
>
> Done - thanks!
>
>>> A PPMC needs to be formed (even though it is planning to go to
>>> Geronimo). I assume that will be the initial committer list +
>>> mentors + anyone from the Geronimo PMC that isn't on that list
>>> and wants to be a part of it. The alternate approach is for the
>>> initial PPMC to be just the mentors and they vote in others
>>> (something that better suits a project aiming for TLP, but can
>>> work in either case).
>> The alternate approach sounds best.
>
> Ok, done. Jason, Hen and I will be the initial ppmc.
>
>> Here is the jira for list creation -- http://issues.apache.org/
>> jira/browse/INCUBATOR-24
>
> Done. I have asked Ben for the list subscriptions and can subscribe
> everyone over there and then send a message out if that's ok.
>
> I'd suggest moving all the dev@ traffic there as soon as possible.

Sounds great.

>> We also have Confluence and JIRA to migrate.  Both of those on
>> Codehaus/Contegix obviously.  Confluence should be easy to export/
>> import.
>
> Yep, I'll leave you in charge of that since you have the necessary
> karma
> on the ASF confluence.

Ok.

>> Not sure what is required for JIRA -- I seem to recall it is a big
>> undertaking.
>
> You have the following options:
> - leave it at Codehaus
> - have your own instance running on issues.apache.org (like Struts do)
> - bribe Atlassian into implementing the merge feature.
> - start fresh

Didn't activemq and activeio move their jiras into the main
issues.apache.org jira?  (not sure)

> Other than those two, the next step will be SVN.
>
> First, we need the status file updated with the committers that
> will be
> part of the project initially.

I'll create a status file and get everyone to add their codehaus and
apache ids (if they have one).

> Once everyone is happy with the lists and committers, pick a day to
> lock
> it down, take an svndump, and import at Apache. Hen has the necessary
> karma for that, so hopefully he can help out there.

Ok.

Re: Incubation

On Jul 10, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 7/10/06, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 6/07/2006 9:50 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>>
>> > Not sure what is required for JIRA -- I seem to recall
>> > it is a big undertaking.
>>
>> You have the following options:
>> - leave it at Codehaus
>> - have your own instance running on issues.apache.org (like Struts
>> do)
>> - bribe Atlassian into implementing the merge feature.
>> - start fresh
>
> - Hope that Hen finds time to improve the Jira xmlrpc interface so he
> can start to write a script to migrate a Jira from one instance to
> another. :)

I wrote a java client on top of the xmlrpc interface, which may help
you.

http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-jira/
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Jira

Never tried to lookup an Issue from one Jira then add it to another.
Dunno if it will add all the comments, etc that are in the Issue.  If
so, you might be a for loop + testing time away from a workable solution

Re: Incubation

Jason Dillon
I was under the impression that the SOAP interface for JIRA was much
more feature-rich than the XMLRPC interface... though probably still
not enough to copy from instance to instance.

But, it should be possible to just write a plugin that will expose
the right data... does not need to be a full RPC plugin either...
could just be to expose a project and the raw issue detail (even as
serialized objects or marshaled w/xstream) to be pulled into another
instance.

--jason

On Jul 12, 2006, at 10:01 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

>>> You have the following options:
>>> - leave it at Codehaus
>>> - have your own instance running on issues.apache.org (like
>>> Struts do)
>>> - bribe Atlassian into implementing the merge feature.
>>> - start fresh
>>
>> - Hope that Hen finds time to improve the Jira xmlrpc interface so he
>> can start to write a script to migrate a Jira from one instance to
>> another. :)
>
> I wrote a java client on top of the xmlrpc interface, which may
> help you.
>
> http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-jira/
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Jira
>
> Never tried to lookup an Issue from one Jira then add it to
> another.  Dunno if it will add all the comments, etc that are in
> the Issue.  If so, you might be a for loop + testing time away from
> a workable solution

Re: Incubation -- Add yourself to the STATUS file

On Jul 12, 2006, at 9:10 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2006, at 9:39 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>> Other than those two, the next step will be SVN.
>>
>> First, we need the status file updated with the committers that
>> will be
>> part of the project initially.
>
> I'll create a status file and get everyone to add their codehaus
> and apache ids (if they have one).

Ok.  I've created a status file here:

   http://svn.codehaus.org/openejb/trunk/STATUS.txt

Please add yourself to the committers list and put your Codehaus ID
and your Apache ID if you have one.

>> Once everyone is happy with the lists and committers, pick a day
>> to lock
>> it down, take an svndump, and import at Apache. Hen has the necessary
>> karma for that, so hopefully he can help out there.

Sounds like a plan.

Re: [NOTICE] Committers -- Add yourself to the STATUS file

Daniel S. Haischt
"Count me in!" ;)

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
DAn.I.El S. Haischt

Spammers, please please send any mail to:
Daniel S. Haischt <[hidden email]>

Want a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l [hidden email]

Re: Incubation

Alan Cabrera
David Blevins wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

>>> You have the following options:
>>> - leave it at Codehaus
>>> - have your own instance running on issues.apache.org (like Struts do)
>>> - bribe Atlassian into implementing the merge feature.
>>> - start fresh
>>
>> - Hope that Hen finds time to improve the Jira xmlrpc interface so he
>> can start to write a script to migrate a Jira from one instance to
>> another. :)
>
> I wrote a java client on top of the xmlrpc interface, which may help you.
>
> http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-jira/
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Jira
>
> Never tried to lookup an Issue from one Jira then add it to another.
> Dunno if it will add all the comments, etc that are in the Issue.  If
> so, you might be a for loop + testing time away from a workable solution

This looks really cool.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Incubation

On Jul 17, 2006, at 9:58 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 10, 2006, at 10:49 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>> - Hope that Hen finds time to improve the Jira xmlrpc interface
>>> so he
>>> can start to write a script to migrate a Jira from one instance to
>>> another. :)
>>
>> I wrote a java client on top of the xmlrpc interface, which may
>> help you.
>>
>> http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-jira/
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Jira
>>
>> Never tried to lookup an Issue from one Jira then add it to
>> another.  Dunno if it will add all the comments, etc that are in
>> the Issue.  If so, you might be a for loop + testing time away
>> from a workable solution
>
> This looks really cool.

I have another one for Confluence too.

http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-confluence/
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Confluence

Re: Incubation

Henri Yandell
Attachments and change history were the two that Jeff mentioned as
definitely not being in the xmlrpc/soap interfaces. The serialization
idea is interesting though.

Hen

On 7/12/06, Jason Dillon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was under the impression that the SOAP interface for JIRA was much
> more feature-rich than the XMLRPC interface... though probably still
> not enough to copy from instance to instance.
>
> But, it should be possible to just write a plugin that will expose
> the right data... does not need to be a full RPC plugin either...
> could just be to expose a project and the raw issue detail (even as
> serialized objects or marshaled w/xstream) to be pulled into another
> instance.
>
> --jason
>

> On Jul 12, 2006, at 10:01 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> >> - Hope that Hen finds time to improve the Jira xmlrpc interface so he
> >> can start to write a script to migrate a Jira from one instance to
> >> another. :)
> >
> > I wrote a java client on top of the xmlrpc interface, which may
> > help you.
> >
> > http://swizzle.codehaus.org/swizzle-jira/
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SWIZZLE/Swizzle+Jira
> >
> > Never tried to lookup an Issue from one Jira then add it to
> > another.  Dunno if it will add all the comments, etc that are in
> > the Issue.  If so, you might be a for loop + testing time away from
> > a workable solution
> >
> > -David

Re: Incubation

I'd certainly love it if we could get that to work.

If we could the migrate the codehaus Jira issues into the Apache
jira, then we could finally take all those OpenEJB issues in the
Geronimo Jira and move them right into OpenEJB.  Same goes for any
future OpenEJB issues people file under the Geronimo Jira.

What a dream that would be.

-David