[RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

[RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Looks like David is busy, so I'll close the VOTE for him and proceed.

The VOTE passes with

+1: John D. Ament, Jonathan Gallimore, Mark Struberg, Andy Gumbrecht, David
Blevins and Jean-Louis Monteiro

No 0 and no -1

non-binding +1: Matthew Broadhead, Elder Moraes

Thanks for voting
Jean-Louis

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 4:52 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did you tally?
>
> I have an internal ASF use case for chatterbox that I'd like to figure out
> the next steps on.
>
> John
>
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 3:21 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > My +1
> >
> > ... will tally shortly.
> >

> > --
> > David Blevins
> > http://twitter.com/dblevins
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> >
> > > On Sep 8, 2017, at 2:24 PM, David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Let’s put this up for a vote.  Proposal:
> > >
> > > Should we accept the code donations of Sheldon and Chatterbox as part
> of
> > the Apache TomEE project.
> > >
> > >  - https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon <
> > https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon>
> > >  - https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox <
> > https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox>
> > >
> > > They’ll be named Apache Sheldon and Apache Chatterbox respectively.
> > Maven groupid and java packages up for discussion.  (I have no
> preference)
> > >
> > > All votes welcome:
> > >
> > >  +1: Let’s do this!
> > >
> > > +0: I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.
> > >
> > > -0: I won't get in the way, but I'd rather we didn't do this.
> > >
> > > -1: I really don't like this, because [insert reason]
> > >
> > > I’ll leave this up for a week so people have time to vote.  All votes
> > are welcome from anyone.  The more votes the better.
> > >

> > > --
> > > David Blevins
> > > http://twitter.com/dblevins <http://twitter.com/dblevins>
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

jgallimore
Excellent. Happy to help with the process in any way I can.

Jon

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like David is busy, so I'll close the VOTE for him and proceed.
>
> The VOTE passes with
>
> +1: John D. Ament, Jonathan Gallimore, Mark Struberg, Andy Gumbrecht, David
> Blevins and Jean-Louis Monteiro
>
> No 0 and no -1
>
> non-binding +1: Matthew Broadhead, Elder Moraes
>
> Thanks for voting
> Jean-Louis
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 4:52 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Did you tally?
> >
> > I have an internal ASF use case for chatterbox that I'd like to figure
> out
> > the next steps on.
> >
> > John
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 3:21 PM David Blevins <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > My +1
> > >
> > > ... will tally shortly.
> > >

> > > --
> > > David Blevins
> > > http://twitter.com/dblevins
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com

> > of
> > > the Apache TomEE project.

> > > https://tomitribe.io/projects/sheldon>
> > > https://tomitribe.io/projects/chatterbox>

> > > Maven groupid and java packages up for discussion.  (I have no
> > preference)

> > > are welcome from anyone.  The more votes the better.

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
In terms of source code, do we want something like this

tomee/ (the main git project)
..tomee-server/ --> no idea what name would be the best from a user
perspective
..sheldon/
..chatterbox/

WDYT?

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excellent. Happy to help with the process in any way I can.
>
> Jon
>
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Looks like David is busy, so I'll close the VOTE for him and proceed.
> >
> > The VOTE passes with
> >
> > +1: John D. Ament, Jonathan Gallimore, Mark Struberg, Andy Gumbrecht,
> David
> > Blevins and Jean-Louis Monteiro
> >
> > No 0 and no -1
> >
> > non-binding +1: Matthew Broadhead, Elder Moraes
> >
> > Thanks for voting
> > Jean-Louis
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 4:52 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Did you tally?
> > >
> > > I have an internal ASF use case for chatterbox that I'd like to figure
> > out
> > > the next steps on.
> > >
> > > John

> part
> > > of

> > > preference)

> votes

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Romain Manni-Bucau
just plain new git repos IMHO

> In terms of source code, do we want something like this
>
> tomee/ (the main git project)
> ..tomee-server/ --> no idea what name would be the best from a user
> perspective
> ..sheldon/
> ..chatterbox/
>
> WDYT?
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Excellent. Happy to help with the process in any way I can.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Looks like David is busy, so I'll close the VOTE for him and proceed.
> > >
> > > The VOTE passes with
> > >
> > > +1: John D. Ament, Jonathan Gallimore, Mark Struberg, Andy Gumbrecht,
> > David
> > > Blevins and Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > >
> > > No 0 and no -1
> > >
> > > non-binding +1: Matthew Broadhead, Elder Moraes
> > >
> > > Thanks for voting
> > > Jean-Louis
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com

> figure
> > > out

> [hidden email]

> [hidden email]

> > part

> respectively.

> > votes

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
I'm fine either way, do we want one per sub-project/sub-tool or one with
everything inside?
If we go this path I'm tempted to say, one per contribution.

That would make
tomee git repo
tomee-sheldon git repo
tomee-chatterbox git repo

Jean-Louis

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> just plain new git repos IMHO

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>

> > In terms of source code, do we want something like this
> >
> > tomee/ (the main git project)
> > ..tomee-server/ --> no idea what name would be the best from a user
> > perspective
> > ..sheldon/
> > ..chatterbox/
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Jonathan Gallimore <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Excellent. Happy to help with the process in any way I can.
> > >
> > > Jon

> > > David

> > figure

> > [hidden email]

> > [hidden email]

> as
> > > part

> > respectively.

> > > votes

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Romain Manni-Bucau
One per project

And no need of tomee in the name ;)

we already have tomee.git so we can get sheldon.git and chatterbox.git

> I'm fine either way, do we want one per sub-project/sub-tool or one with
> everything inside?
> If we go this path I'm tempted to say, one per contribution.
>

> That would make
> tomee git repo
> tomee-sheldon git repo
> tomee-chatterbox git repo
>

> Jean-Louis
>

> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > just plain new git repos IMHO

> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > rmannibucau> |
> > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance>

> >:
> >
> > > In terms of source code, do we want something like this
> > >
> > > tomee/ (the main git project)
> > > ..tomee-server/ --> no idea what name would be the best from a user
> > > perspective
> > > ..sheldon/
> > > ..chatterbox/
> > >
> > > WDYT?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com

> proceed.

> Gumbrecht,

> [hidden email]

> > > figure

> > > [hidden email]

> > > [hidden email]

> > as

> > > respectively.

> All

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Mark Struberg-2
+1 for a new github repo and 1 per project.
And we still need a name for this 'aggregator'.
In Myfaces it was myfaces-ext-*But if you did your history lections then you would have noticed that keeping myfaces in the name was NOT a good idea.While CODI (myfaces-ext-cdi) did also run perfectly fine on Mojarra we had a really huge acceptance problem. This later lead us to join forces with Seam and merge together to Apache DeltaSpike - just to remove any doubt that it will only run with MyFaces.
Now if we would name it tomee-sheldon then it would most likely be exactly the same.
So please propose a good name which makes it clear that this does not belong to TomEE the app server but is just a modular part which is portable. Or go the other route: make it really TomEE specific. In any case we must be sure which route we want to take.
LieGrue,strub

    On Monday, 5 February 2018, 15:06:23 CET, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

 One per project

And no need of tomee in the name ;)

we already have tomee.git so we can get sheldon.git and chatterbox.git

> I'm fine either way, do we want one per sub-project/sub-tool or one with
> everything inside?
> If we go this path I'm tempted to say, one per contribution.
>

> That would make
> tomee git repo
> tomee-sheldon git repo
> tomee-chatterbox git repo
>

> Jean-Louis
>

> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > just plain new git repos IMHO
> >

> > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > rmannibucau> |
> > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance>

> >:
> >
> > > In terms of source code, do we want something like this
> > >
> > > tomee/ (the main git project)
> > > ..tomee-server/ --> no idea what name would be the best from a user
> > > perspective
> > > ..sheldon/
> > > ..chatterbox/
> > >
> > > WDYT?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com

> proceed.

> Gumbrecht,

> [hidden email]

> > > figure

> > > [hidden email]

> > > [hidden email]

> > as

> > > respectively.

> All

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Thiago Veronezi
Hi guys,

I have some use for Chatterbox and I would like to contribute.

Sheldon and Chatterbox are examples of awesome use of stack Java EE JCA,
aren't they?

What about creating a module "resource-adapters" and having these guys
there?

<groupId>com.apache.tomee.rars</groupId>
<artifactId>chatterbox</artifactId>

<groupId>com.apache.tomee.rars</groupId>
<artifactId>sheldon</artifactId>

We would have them available for download on tomee.apache.org and maven
central without going through yet another project configuration.

If these guys grow so much that they require to be split into their own top
project, we can do that later.

[]s,
Thiago.

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 for a new github repo and 1 per project.
> And we still need a name for this 'aggregator'.
> In Myfaces it was myfaces-ext-*But if you did your history lections then
> you would have noticed that keeping myfaces in the name was NOT a good
> idea.While CODI (myfaces-ext-cdi) did also run perfectly fine on Mojarra we
> had a really huge acceptance problem. This later lead us to join forces
> with Seam and merge together to Apache DeltaSpike - just to remove any
> doubt that it will only run with MyFaces.
> Now if we would name it tomee-sheldon then it would most likely be exactly
> the same.
> So please propose a good name which makes it clear that this does not
> belong to TomEE the app server but is just a modular part which is
> portable. Or go the other route: make it really TomEE specific. In any case
> we must be sure which route we want to take.
> LieGrue,strub
>

>     On Monday, 5 February 2018, 15:06:23 CET, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  One per project
>
> And no need of tomee in the name ;)
>
> we already have tomee.git so we can get sheldon.git and chatterbox.git

> > I'm fine either way, do we want one per sub-project/sub-tool or one with
> > everything inside?
> > If we go this path I'm tempted to say, one per contribution.
> >

> > That would make
> > tomee git repo
> > tomee-sheldon git repo
> > tomee-chatterbox git repo
> >

> > Jean-Louis
> >

> > --
> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> >
> > > just plain new git repos IMHO
> > >

> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > > <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> > > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > > rmannibucau> |
> > > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> > > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > > ee-8-high-performance>

> > >:

> > proceed.

> > Gumbrecht,

> > [hidden email]

> Chatterbox
> > > as

> no

> this.

> > All

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hmm,

what does hurt letting them having their own repo? I see the benefit to
release them more easily and let them have their own lifecycle. I also see
the drawback of all the tomee project if we put them as submodules. However
I fail to see what would be the advantages in this last case. What do I
miss?

Side note: agree to put them on the same website for now, probably a
subspace to not mix EE/Server/RAR stuff but as TomEE we have a single entry
point which is tomee.apache.org.

> [...]
> > >

> > > That would make
> > > tomee git repo
> > > tomee-sheldon git repo
> > > tomee-chatterbox git repo
> > >

> > > Jean-Louis
> > >

> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com
> > >
> > > On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> > [hidden email]>

> > [hidden email]

> > > proceed.

> > > Gumbrecht,

> > > [hidden email]

> > Chatterbox

> > no

> this.

> > this.

> vote.
> > > All

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

technically now since TomEE is hosted in GIT we even _have to_ give them own repos.
Because those components will likely _not_ share the same lifecycle nor version number than the TomEE app server, isn't?

GIT is not SVN. You technically cannot do sparse releases from a GIT repo. It's always a single repo.

LieGrue,
strub

> [...]
>>> portable. Or go the other route: make it really TomEE specific. In any
>> case
>>> we must be sure which route we want to take.
>>> LieGrue,strub
>>>

>>>    On Monday, 5 February 2018, 15:06:23 CET, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> One per project
>>>
>>> And no need of tomee in the name ;)
>>>
>>> we already have tomee.git so we can get sheldon.git and chatterbox.git

>>> :

>> with

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> [hidden email]

>>> Chatterbox

>>> no

>> this.

>>> this.

>> vote.

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Hey Thiago.

I have done all the change and prepared the donation. It needs some
paperwork for IP clearance.

I have followed the option where we have each in its own repo instead of
the current TomEE repo. It appeared to be more flexible to me bit happy to
change if the community thinks it's better.

If you can help with incubator and paperwork I have the 2 projects ready
for review.

Le 13 févr. 2018 10:00, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]
> > >

> > > That would make
> > > tomee git repo
> > > tomee-sheldon git repo
> > > tomee-chatterbox git repo
> > >

> > > Jean-Louis
> > >

> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com
> > >
> > > On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> > [hidden email]>

> > [hidden email]

> > > proceed.

> > > Gumbrecht,

> > > [hidden email]

> > Chatterbox

> > no

> this.

> > this.

> vote.
> > > All

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Awesome!

Thanks guys.

Thanks Jean-Louis for sort this out that fast! Count me in for the
incubator work.

[]s,
Thiago.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:08 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > we must be sure which route we want to take.
> > > LieGrue,strub
> > >

> > >     On Monday, 5 February 2018, 15:06:23 CET, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> > > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > >  One per project
> > >
> > > And no need of tomee in the name ;)
> > >
> > > we already have tomee.git so we can get sheldon.git and chatterbox.git

> > >:

> > with

> > > [hidden email]>

> > > [hidden email]

> user

> like

> > > Chatterbox

> have
> > > no

> > this.

> > > this.

> > vote.

> http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

I'll create the tickets for infra so we have the repos ready.

Can you look at the other steps?
I'm not very familiar with the steps in case of code donation. So I'll need
to document myself as well.

Le 13 févr. 2018 10:10, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Awesome!
>
> Thanks guys.
>
> Thanks Jean-Louis for sort this out that fast! Count me in for the
> incubator work.
>
> []s,
> Thiago.
>

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:08 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hey Thiago.
> >
> > I have done all the change and prepared the donation. It needs some
> > paperwork for IP clearance.
> >
> > I have followed the option where we have each in its own repo instead of
> > the current TomEE repo. It appeared to be more flexible to me bit happy
> > change if the community thinks it's better.
> >
> > If you can help with incubator and paperwork I have the 2 projects ready
> > for review.
> >
> > Le 13 févr. 2018 10:00, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a écrit
> :
> >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I have some use for Chatterbox and I would like to contribute.
> > >
> > > Sheldon and Chatterbox are examples of awesome use of stack Java EE
> JCA,
> > > aren't they?
> > >
> > > What about creating a module "resource-adapters" and having these guys
> > > there?
> > >
> > > <groupId>com.apache.tomee.rars</groupId>
> > > <artifactId>chatterbox</artifactId>
> > >
> > > <groupId>com.apache.tomee.rars</groupId>
> > > <artifactId>sheldon</artifactId>
> > >
> > > We would have them available for download on tomee.apache.org and
> maven
> > > central without going through yet another project configuration.
> > >
> > > If these guys grow so much that they require to be split into their own
> > top
> > > project, we can do that later.
> > >
> > > []s,
> > > Thiago.
> > >

> > > On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Mark Struberg
> <[hidden email]

> > then
> good
> > Mojarra
> > > we
> forces
> any
> > > exactly
> any
> > > case

> chatterbox.git

> > [hidden email]

> > > with

> > user

> and

> > like

> > have

> > > this.

> do

> > > vote.

> > http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Thiago Veronezi
Yes, looking at the steps now. I will ping you later for more guidance. At
first glance, It looks like a very complex process. It's a good learning
opportunity.
Thanks man.

[]s,
Thiago

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll create the tickets for infra so we have the repos ready.
>
> Can you look at the other steps?
> I'm not very familiar with the steps in case of code donation. So I'll need
> to document myself as well.
>
> Le 13 févr. 2018 10:10, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Awesome!
> >
> > Thanks guys.
> >
> > Thanks Jean-Louis for sort this out that fast! Count me in for the
> > incubator work.
> >
> > []s,
> > Thiago.
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:08 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Thiago.
> > >
> > > I have done all the change and prepared the donation. It needs some
> > > paperwork for IP clearance.
> > >
> > > I have followed the option where we have each in its own repo instead
> of
> > > the current TomEE repo. It appeared to be more flexible to me bit happy
> > > change if the community thinks it's better.
> > >
> > > If you can help with incubator and paperwork I have the 2 projects
> ready
> > > for review.
> > >
> > > Le 13 févr. 2018 10:00, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit
> > :

> > JCA,

> guys

> > maven

> own
> > > top

> > <[hidden email]

> > > then
> > good
> > > Mojarra
> > forces
> > any
> not
> > any

> > chatterbox.git

> > > [hidden email]

> one

> https://github.com/

> > > user

> > and

> Andy

> > > like

> Chatterbox
> (I
> > > have

> with

> didn't
> > do

> reason]

> > > http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Romain Manni-Bucau
side note: we don't need to go through asf@incubator here, the vote passed
and the project can be imported as soon as the repos are created by infra.
The only thing to take care (and a lot) is to make clear tomitribe gives
(donates) this code to asf. A public message on a list is generally good
and a commit done by a tomitribe member are enough in general.

In other words: let just that happen :)

> Yes, looking at the steps now. I will ping you later for more guidance. At
> first glance, It looks like a very complex process. It's a good learning
> opportunity.
> Thanks man.
>
> []s,
> Thiago
>

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'll create the tickets for infra so we have the repos ready.
> >
> > Can you look at the other steps?
> > I'm not very familiar with the steps in case of code donation. So I'll
> need
> > to document myself as well.
> >
> > Le 13 févr. 2018 10:10, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a écrit
> :
> >
> > > Awesome!
> > >
> > > Thanks guys.
> > >
> > > Thanks Jean-Louis for sort this out that fast! Count me in for the
> > > incubator work.
> > >
> > > []s,
> > > Thiago.

> > of
> happy

> > ready

> > écrit
> > > :

> > > JCA,

> > guys

> > > maven

> > own

> > > <[hidden email]

> lections
> > > good
> > > forces
> remove
> > > any
> be
> > not
> is
> In
> > > any

> <

> > > chatterbox.git

> > one

> > https://github.com/

> from

> can.

> him
> > > and

> > Andy

> I'd

> and

> > Chatterbox
> > (I

> > with

> > didn't
> > > do

> > reason]

> better.

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Thiago Veronezi
Are you sure we don't need the incubator? I know that Tomcat has multiple
github repositories, but they are simple mirrors of the same svn repository
on different branches (tc7, tc8 etc).

From https://incubator.apache.org/faq.html I get this...

"
1.4. Someone has proposed that their code/project be donated to project X
within the ASF for continued development. What do we need to do to accept
the code?

The Incubator will only accept code for incubation if a PMC has voted to
accept it. So when a proposal for the donation of code occurs, the project
in question should discuss the proposal (usually on their public mailing
lists!), leading to a decision by that project’s PMC on whether or not to
sponsor the code (and potentially the project surrounding it). If the PMC
agrees, then the incubator can be approached, and the code accepted for
incubation. The grant needs to be recorded by following the procedure
outlined at the IP Clearance forms
<https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/>.

"

We passed the point of vote. The code has been accepted. Once the IP forms
are formalized, we may start the incubation process.

[]s,
Thiago.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:29 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> side note: we don't need to go through asf@incubator here, the vote passed
> and the project can be imported as soon as the repos are created by infra.
> The only thing to take care (and a lot) is to make clear tomitribe gives
> (donates) this code to asf. A public message on a list is generally good
> and a commit done by a tomitribe member are enough in general.
>
> In other words: let just that happen :)

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>

> > Yes, looking at the steps now. I will ping you later for more guidance.
> At
> > first glance, It looks like a very complex process. It's a good learning
> > opportunity.
> > Thanks man.
> >
> > []s,
> > Thiago
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I'll create the tickets for infra so we have the repos ready.
> > >
> > > Can you look at the other steps?
> > > I'm not very familiar with the steps in case of code donation. So I'll
> > need
> > > to document myself as well.
> > >
> > > Le 13 févr. 2018 10:10, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit
> > :

> instead
> > > of
> > happy

> > > ready

> > > écrit

> EE

> > > guys

> and

> their
> > > own

> > lections
> NOT a
> on
> join
> > remove
> > be
> does
> > > not
> > is
> > In

> Manni-Bucau
> > <

> or
> > > one

> > > https://github.com/

> > from

> > can.

> > him

> > > Andy

> > I'd

> > and

> > > Chatterbox
> discussion.
> > > (I

> okay
> > > with

> > > didn't

> > > reason]

> time
> > better.

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Romain Manni-Bucau
Yes, this doesn't apply for *sub*projects. Karaf, OpenWebBeans, ... are
examples doing that without any issues. Also the fact the license - even if
not explicit with a LICENSE file but only headers - is asf v2 in all
projects helps to smooth that procedure. So public
donation+license+subproject = no need to go through headaches IMHO.

> [...]
> specific.
> > > In

> > Manni-Bucau
> > > <

> sub-project/sub-tool
> > or
> contribution.

> Book

> > > from

> > > can.

> for
> > > him

> Struberg,

> that
> > > I'd

> Sheldon
> > > and

> <

> > discussion.

> > okay

> > time
> > > better.

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Yes, all the committers on those projects of course need to have an iCLA on file.
And the PMC has to do an IP clearance. Once that's done it's fine to directly import it over here.

LieGrue,
strub

PS: at OWB it was a bit different: with Meecrowave it was basically moving parts which existed in OWB since the incubation in 2008 (OWB bundled with tomcat) to an own project because it has a different lifecycle.

> [...]
>> configuration.

>>> their

>>> NOT a
>>> on
>>> join
>> likely
>>> does
>> which
>> specific.

>>> Manni-Bucau

>> sub-project/sub-tool
>>> or
>> contribution.

>> Book

>> for

>> Struberg,

>> that

>> Sheldon

>> <

>>> discussion.

>>> okay

>>> time

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

Ok,

iCLA is all set as everyone is asf committer. I guess the only thing
missing is the IP paperwork. Jean-Louis, is there anything I can do to help
us get this boring stuff ready?

[]s,
Thiago.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:58 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >> infra.
> gives
> good

> guidance.
> >> learning

> >> I'll

> >> some

> >> projects

> >> Java

> >> these

> >> configuration.

> >> likely
> >> which
> >> specific.

> >> sub-project/sub-tool
> >> contribution.

> >> Book

> >> for

> >> Struberg,

> >> that

> >> Sheldon

> >> <

Re: [RESULT] Accept Code donations: Sheldon and Chatterbox

John D. Ament-2

On 2018/02/13 09:29:37, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> side note: we don't need to go through asf@incubator here, the vote passed
> and the project can be imported as soon as the repos are created by infra.
> The only thing to take care (and a lot) is to make clear tomitribe gives
> (donates) this code to asf. A public message on a list is generally good
> and a commit done by a tomitribe member are enough in general.

All code donations need to have IP Clearances filed & voted upon.  So yes, there's something you need to do in the Incubator.

> In other words: let just that happen :)

> > Yes, looking at the steps now. I will ping you later for more guidance. At
> > first glance, It looks like a very complex process. It's a good learning
> > opportunity.
> > Thanks man.
> >
> > []s,
> > Thiago
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I'll create the tickets for infra so we have the repos ready.
> > >
> > > Can you look at the other steps?
> > > I'm not very familiar with the steps in case of code donation. So I'll
> > need
> > > to document myself as well.
> > >
> > > Le 13 févr. 2018 10:10, "Thiago Veronezi" <[hidden email]> a écrit
> > :

> > > of
> > happy

> > > ready