Question about JakartaEE compability

Tom Coudyzer
Hi,

Let me introduce myself first. I'm Tom from Belgium currently working as an
IT professional with an architect role. It could be that the following
question is already answered, so please forgive me if that's the case but
I'm new to this group... :-)

Can you shine some light on the plans of this Apache TomEE to become a
compatible product for JakartaEE? Is this on the planning, if so what's the
timeline to get it certified?

If not, what's the reason that this is not high on the priority list?

Thank you for the feedback!

Regards
/Tom

Re: Question about JakartaEE compability

Ralph Soika
Hi Tom,

TomEE is already supporting JakaratEE. Use the latest version
tomee:11-jre-8.0.0-M3-plume

This release in addition includes a full Eclipse Microprofile support too!

We are running for example our Imixs-Workflow engine on TomEE. See:
https://github.com/imixs/imixs-jsf-example#tomee

Best regards

Ralph

--

*Imixs Software Solutions GmbH*
*Web:* www.imixs.com <http://www.imixs.com> *Phone:* +49 (0)89-452136 16

*Imixs* is an open source company, read more: www.imixs.org
<http://www.imixs.org>

Re: Question about JakartaEE compability

Tom Coudyzer
Hi Ralph,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I assumed this would be the case. But from
what I heard in one of the JakartaOne livestreams last week is that there's
a procedure to get listed on the JakartaEE compatible product page. (
https://jakarta.ee/compatibility/get_listed/).

I was wondering if the TomEE project would also run through that process so
that it's listed as compatible product. I guess if it's not the case a lot
of people/companies will (currently) choose Glassfish, Open Liberty or
WildFly. Don't know if somebody has info on that?

Regards,
/Tom