Propose a Logo for TomEE

Richard Monson-Haefel-3
Hi,

I created a few logos for the Jakarta EE logo "contest" my best one was rejected because the Island of Java has tigers on it - go figure.

Anyway, before I file away the logos for good I thought I would offer the best one I have to the TomEE project.  I know in the past you have gone through the logo selection but it doesn't look like you actually adopted one.  I thought maybe this one might be desirable.

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Richard,

You can add one on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-574 but the
contest is actually dead and there is no discussion to change the logo ATM
so don't get too much hope.

> I created a few logos for the Jakarta EE logo "contest" my best one was
> rejected because the Island of Java has tigers on it - go figure.
>
> Anyway, before I file away the logos for good I thought I would offer the
> best one I have to the TomEE project.  I know in the past you have gone
> through the logo selection but it doesn't look like you actually adopted
> one.  I thought maybe this one might be desirable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

ivanjunckes
Hey guys, even though the old contest is dead. I would love if TomEE had a
cool logo, we probably should reopen the discussion as Richard is willing
to provide some logos :)

Richard, can you send the logos to this email? I don't see them in your
email.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> You can add one on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-574 but the
> contest is actually dead and there is no discussion to change the logo ATM
> so don't get too much hope.

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a few logos for the Jakarta EE logo "contest" my best one was
> > rejected because the Island of Java has tigers on it - go figure.
> >
> > Anyway, before I file away the logos for good I thought I would offer the
> > best one I have to the TomEE project.  I know in the past you have gone
> > through the logo selection but it doesn't look like you actually adopted
> > one.  I thought maybe this one might be desirable.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Richard

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

> Hey guys, even though the old contest is dead. I would love if TomEE had a
> cool logo, we probably should reopen the discussion as Richard is willing
> to provide some logos :)
>
> Richard, can you send the logos to this email? I don't see them in your
> email.

maybe attach it to jira, generally half of the clients don't get the
attached files :(

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > You can add one on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-574 but
> the
> > contest is actually dead and there is no discussion to change the logo
> ATM
> > so don't get too much hope.

> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > rmannibucau> |
> > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance>

> >:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I created a few logos for the Jakarta EE logo "contest" my best one was
> > > rejected because the Island of Java has tigers on it - go figure.
> > >
> > > Anyway, before I file away the logos for good I thought I would offer
> the
> > > best one I have to the TomEE project.  I know in the past you have gone
> > > through the logo selection but it doesn't look like you actually
> adopted
> > > one.  I thought maybe this one might be desirable.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Richard

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

chongma
i can't see the attachment

On 25/03/2018 17:22, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

>> Hey guys, even though the old contest is dead. I would love if TomEE had a
>> cool logo, we probably should reopen the discussion as Richard is willing
>> to provide some logos :)
>>
>> Richard, can you send the logos to this email? I don't see them in your
>> email.
>>
> maybe attach it to jira, generally half of the clients don't get the
> attached files :(
>

>> On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>> [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Richard,
>>>
>>> You can add one on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-574 but
>> the
>>> contest is actually dead and there is no discussion to change the logo
>> ATM
>>> so don't get too much hope.
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
>>> rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>>> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
>>> ee-8-high-performance>

>>> :

>> the
>> adopted

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

Richard Monson-Haefel-3
Here is a link to the logo in dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fph6g1gjn9e31n/TomEE_Logo_Large_ColorOnWhite.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w63969y1099a2v4/Tiger_Multi-size_Multi-color.png?dl=0

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 4:57 AM, Matthew Broadhead <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> i can't see the attachment

>> Hey guys, even though the old contest is dead. I would love if TomEE had a
>>> cool logo, we probably should reopen the discussion as Richard is willing
>>> to provide some logos :)
>>>
>>> Richard, can you send the logos to this email? I don't see them in your
>>> email.
>>>
>>> maybe attach it to jira, generally half of the clients don't get the
>> attached files :(
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>>> [hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Richard,

>>> the

>>> ATM

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

chongma
thanks for uploading them.  they look very professional.  good luck

On 26/03/2018 20:53, Richard Monson-Haefel wrote:

> Here is a link to the logo in dropbox
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fph6g1gjn9e31n/TomEE_Logo_Large_ColorOnWhite.png?dl=0
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/w63969y1099a2v4/Tiger_Multi-size_Multi-color.png?dl=0
>

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 4:57 AM, Matthew Broadhead <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> i can't see the attachment
>>

>> On 25/03/2018 17:22, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

>>> Hey guys, even though the old contest is dead. I would love if TomEE had a

>>> attached files :(
>>>

>>> On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

Richard Monson-Haefel-3
I can do that, but I wanted to just get some first reactions. Your
reaction is admittedly disappointing.  Why is there no hope?  I don't see
TomEE using any of the existing logos proposed. Is it because no one really
cares about that or is there some other reason.  Thanks!

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> You can add one on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-574 but the
> contest is actually dead and there is no discussion to change the logo ATM
> so don't get too much hope.

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a few logos for the Jakarta EE logo "contest" my best one was
> > rejected because the Island of Java has tigers on it - go figure.
> >
> > Anyway, before I file away the logos for good I thought I would offer the
> > best one I have to the TomEE project.  I know in the past you have gone
> > through the logo selection but it doesn't look like you actually adopted
> > one.  I thought maybe this one might be desirable.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Richard

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

Romain Manni-Bucau
Le 26 mars 2018 21:11, "Richard Monson-Haefel" <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

I can do that, but I wanted to just get some first reactions. Your
reaction is admittedly disappointing.  Why is there no hope?  I don't see
TomEE using any of the existing logos proposed. Is it because no one really
cares about that or is there some other reason.  Thanks!

Some care(d) but gave up after months of discussion with a single logo
proposal and an aborted contest with 27 cool logos.

wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> You can add one on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-574 but the
> contest is actually dead and there is no discussion to change the logo ATM
> so don't get too much hope.

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a few logos for the Jakarta EE logo "contest" my best one was
> > rejected because the Island of Java has tigers on it - go figure.
> >
> > Anyway, before I file away the logos for good I thought I would offer
the

> > best one I have to the TomEE project.  I know in the past you have gone
> > through the logo selection but it doesn't look like you actually adopted
> > one.  I thought maybe this one might be desirable.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Richard

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

Richard Monson-Haefel-3
Is this something that would be put to a vote for the committees only or
would it include the users?  Sorry, the process is not clear to me but I
would like to make it an official proposal even if you don’t believe that
there is an interest.

Btw - I’m a member of Tomitribe but this logo proposal has nothing to do
with that organization. It’s a personal contribution.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
http://twitter.com/rmonson
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://www.tomitribe.io

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

> Is this something that would be put to a vote for the committees only or
> would it include the users?  Sorry, the process is not clear to me but I
> would like to make it an official proposal even if you don’t believe that
> there is an interest.

There is no official process. At tomee we tend to let users drive (as
"influence the most") this kind of things
and just serve their will.

> Btw - I’m a member of Tomitribe but this logo proposal has nothing to do
> with that organization. It’s a personal contribution.

Guessed so when I saw the twitter thread ;)

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 3:15 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Le 26 mars 2018 21:11, "Richard Monson-Haefel" <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > I can do that, but I wanted to just get some first reactions. Your
> > reaction is admittedly disappointing.  Why is there no hope?  I don't see
> > TomEE using any of the existing logos proposed. Is it because no one
> really
> > cares about that or is there some other reason.  Thanks!
> >

> > Some care(d) but gave up after months of discussion with a single logo
> > proposal and an aborted contest with 27 cool logos.
> >

> > On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Richard,
> > >
> > > You can add one on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-574 but
> > the
> > > contest is actually dead and there is no discussion to change the logo
> > ATM
> > > so don't get too much hope.
> > >

> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > > <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> > > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > > rmannibucau> |
> > > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> > > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > > ee-8-high-performance>

> > >:

> was

> > the
> gone
> > adopted

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> http://twitter.com/rmonson
> http://www.tomitribe.com
> http://www.tomitribe.io

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

Richard Monson-Haefel-3
So would you mind if I posted the proposal to the users mailing list?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:09 AM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
http://twitter.com/rmonson
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://www.tomitribe.io

Re: Propose a Logo for TomEE

Romain Manni-Bucau
You can, probably just use "Logo Contest" thread as the way to do it.