Problems configuring host binding

Luis Durán
Hello, I am a new OpenEJB user, i was trying to configure the host binding
for the OpenEJB services, first, i issued:

openejb start –h 127.0.0.1 (this is because openejb is not binding to
localhost by default, even when *.properties files specified so)

And I had no success, later I tried:

Java –Dejbd.bind=127.0.0.1 –jar $OPENEJB_HOME/lib/openejb-core-1.0.jar start

And no success with that neither.

Every time I start openejb it is bound to the 0.0.0.0 ip address, and I
don’t want this. I edited the *.properties files, I know OpenEJB is reading
them because if I change the disable property to true, the specified service
doesn’t start. But even when the bind property is set to 127.0.0.1, the
server skip this and start bound to 0.0.0.0

Any suggestion to bind services to address 127.0.0.1 ???

Thanks in advanced

Luis Edgardo Durán Lebis

Re: Problems configuring host binding

On Apr 20, 2006, at 4:35 AM, Luis Duran wrote:

> Hello, I am a new OpenEJB user, i was trying to configure the host
> binding
> for the OpenEJB services, first, i issued:
>
> openejb start –h 127.0.0.1 (this is because openejb is not binding to
> localhost by default, even when *.properties files specified so)
>
> And I had no success, later I tried:
>
> Java –Dejbd.bind=127.0.0.1 –jar $OPENEJB_HOME/lib/openejb-
> core-1.0.jar start
>
> And no success with that neither.
>
> Every time I start openejb it is bound to the 0.0.0.0 ip address,
> and I
> don’t want this. I edited the *.properties files, I know OpenEJB is
> reading
> them because if I change the disable property to true, the
> specified service
> doesn’t start. But even when the bind property is set to 127.0.0.1,
> the
> server skip this and start bound to 0.0.0.0
>
> Any suggestion to bind services to address 127.0.0.1 ???
>
> Thanks in advanced
>
> Luis Edgardo Durán Lebis

Hi Luis,

Looks like you've found a bug.  I've filed a Jira for it (http://
jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-140)  and fixed it.

I've also made a new unstable build available that contains the fix:

   OpenEJB 1.1 20060421
   http://www.openejb.org/Latest+Unstable

We've also made some changes in the CMP area.  I've detailed them in
this email, but haven't had a moment to put them up in the wiki:
http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40openejb.org/msg00573.html

If you prefer the old-style of configuring CMP, we can create a 1.0.1
for you and other without that enhancement.

Let us how it goes.

Thanks,
David