Possible bug of redeploying package

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Possible bug of redeploying package

xianzheng
Hi,
I tried to hot deploy a jar package using command "openejb deploy A.jar". It was successful.
Then I undeployed it using "openejb undeploy A.jar". It completed successful too.

But, I then deployed it again using the same command "openejb deploy A.jar". It says A.jar has already been deployed.
Is it a bug? or I did something incorrect?:) Please advise. Has anybody experienced this before?

P.S. the A.jar under apps of openejb home has not been deleted after undeployed, if I mannually delete the A.jar under $(openejb.home)/apps. I can deploy it again successfully.

Joe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible bug of redeploying package

Dain Sundstrom
Joe,

This is definitely a bug.  Can you file a bug report in our JIRA  
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB)?  This is one we will  
need to get fixed before the next release.

Thanks,

-dain


On Dec 31, 2007, at 7:14 PM, xianzheng wrote:

>
> Hi,
> I tried to hot deploy a jar package using command "openejb deploy  
> A.jar". It
> was successful.
> Then I undeployed it using "openejb undeploy A.jar". It completed  
> successful
> too.
>
> But, I then deployed it again using the same command "openejb  
> deploy A.jar".
> It says A.jar has already been deployed.
> Is it a bug? or I did something incorrect?:) Please advise. Has  
> anybody
> experienced this before?
>
> P.S. the A.jar under apps of openejb home has not been deleted after
> undeployed, if I mannually delete the A.jar under $(openejb.home)/
> apps. I
> can deploy it again successfully.
>
> Joe
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Possible-bug-of- 
> redeploying-package-tp14564223p14564223.html
> Sent from the OpenEJB User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible bug of redeploying package

dblevins
Administrator

On Jan 2, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Joe,
>
> This is definitely a bug.  Can you file a bug report in our JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB)?
>   This is one we will need to get fixed before the next release.

Filed  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-746

-David


> On Dec 31, 2007, at 7:14 PM, xianzheng wrote:
>
>>
>> Hi,
>> I tried to hot deploy a jar package using command "openejb deploy  
>> A.jar". It
>> was successful.
>> Then I undeployed it using "openejb undeploy A.jar". It completed  
>> successful
>> too.
>>
>> But, I then deployed it again using the same command "openejb  
>> deploy A.jar".
>> It says A.jar has already been deployed.
>> Is it a bug? or I did something incorrect?:) Please advise. Has  
>> anybody
>> experienced this before?
>>
>> P.S. the A.jar under apps of openejb home has not been deleted after
>> undeployed, if I mannually delete the A.jar under $(openejb.home)/
>> apps. I
>> can deploy it again successfully.
>>
>> Joe
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Possible-bug-of-redeploying-package-tp14564223p14564223.html
>> Sent from the OpenEJB User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>
>