OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5

Paul Spencer-4
Dain,
At ApacheCon US you demonstrated the use of an OpenEJB war for Tomcat
6.x as a way of running an EJB 3 application inside a Tomcat container.
    Currently my customer are running Tomcat 5.5 on their servers, so I
am requesting a OpenEJB war that will work with Tomcat 5.5.

Thank you,
Paul Spencer

Re: OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5

Dain Sundstrom
I'll take a look at it when I get back from visiting my family for
Thanksgiving.

-dain

On Nov 19, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:

> Dain,
> At ApacheCon US you demonstrated the use of an OpenEJB war for
> Tomcat 6.x as a way of running an EJB 3 application inside a Tomcat
> container.    Currently my customer are running Tomcat 5.5 on their
> servers, so I am requesting a OpenEJB war that will work with
> Tomcat 5.5.
>
> Thank you,
> Paul Spencer

Re: OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5

Paul Spencer-4
Dain,
What is the status of OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5?

Paul Spencer

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I'll take a look at it when I get back from visiting my family for
> Thanksgiving.
>
> -dain
>
> On Nov 19, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:
>
>> Dain,
>> At ApacheCon US you demonstrated the use of an OpenEJB war for Tomcat
>> 6.x as a way of running an EJB 3 application inside a Tomcat
>> container.    Currently my customer are running Tomcat 5.5 on their
>> servers, so I am requesting a OpenEJB war that will work with Tomcat 5.5.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Paul Spencer

Re: OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5

Dain Sundstrom
Sorry, been working on CXF lately.

I did take a look at it while on vacation and found the biggest
problem is splitting the openejb class loader between
the tomcat system and shared class loaders.

Right now I don't really have an ETA on getting back on this.  Is
this something you need immediately?

-dain

On Dec 12, 2007, at 5:56 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:

> Dain,
> What is the status of OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5?
>
> Paul Spencer
>

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> I'll take a look at it when I get back from visiting my family for
>> Thanksgiving.
>> -dain
>> On Nov 19, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:
>>> Dain,
>>> At ApacheCon US you demonstrated the use of an OpenEJB war for
>>> Tomcat 6.x as a way of running an EJB 3 application inside a
>>> Tomcat container.    Currently my customer are running Tomcat 5.5
>>> on their servers, so I am requesting a OpenEJB war that will work
>>> with Tomcat 5.5.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Paul Spencer

Re: OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5

Paul Spencer-4
Dain,
I will not need this before the first for the year.

Paul Spencer

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Sorry, been working on CXF lately.
>
> I did take a look at it while on vacation and found the biggest problem
> is splitting the openejb class loader between
> the tomcat system and shared class loaders.
>
> Right now I don't really have an ETA on getting back on this.  Is this
> something you need immediately?
>
> -dain
>
> On Dec 12, 2007, at 5:56 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:
>
>> Dain,
>> What is the status of OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5?
>>
>> Paul Spencer
>>

>> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>> I'll take a look at it when I get back from visiting my family for
>>> Thanksgiving.
>>> -dain

Re: OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5

Paul,

I have basic support for Tomcat 5.5 working and checked in.  Couple
limitations and things to be aware of:

   1. Tomcat still will not support the Servlets 2.5 API or web.xml
   2. Dependency Injection not yet working for Filters (works for
serlvets and listeners)
   3. JAX-WS support is not yet functioning.

Need to go back to hacking on the release.  Will come back later and
fix 2 and 3.

-David

On Dec 12, 2007, at 5:56 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:

> Dain,
> What is the status of OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5?
>
> Paul Spencer
>

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> I'll take a look at it when I get back from visiting my family for
>> Thanksgiving.
>> -dain
>> On Nov 19, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:
>>> Dain,
>>> At ApacheCon US you demonstrated the use of an OpenEJB war for
>>> Tomcat 6.x as a way of running an EJB 3 application inside a
>>> Tomcat container.    Currently my customer are running Tomcat 5.5
>>> on their servers, so I am requesting a OpenEJB war that will work
>>> with Tomcat 5.5.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Paul Spencer

Re: OpenEJB war for Tomcat 5.5