OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Brett Porter-2
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!

Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care of
the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any volunteers
for driving this process?

Cheers,
Brett

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

On May 16, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
> approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!

Very fantastic!  Thanks again to everyone who has supported us.  We
really appreciate it.

> Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care
> of the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any
> volunteers for driving this process?

Happy to jump in here.  Off the top of my head we need to:

  o Setup DNS:
    - openejb.apache.org
  o Migrate site:
    - setup /www/openejb.apache.org/
    - cp content over from /www/incubator.apache.org/openejb/
    - incubator apache references -> apache references
  o Migrate lists:
    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
  o SVN:
    - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/ -> http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/

Anything I'm missing?  I assume we simply file INFRA JIRAs for nearly
all of this?

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Jeremy Whitlock
Hi All,
    I know many people worked hard to get the project to this point and
their efforts have been the driving force behind the success of OpenEJB.
This movement to an Apache top-level project is a great way to show thanks
to all involved.  Congratulations.

Take care,

Jeremy

On 5/16/07, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
> > approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!
>
> Very fantastic!  Thanks again to everyone who has supported us.  We
> really appreciate it.
>
> > Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care
> > of the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any
> > volunteers for driving this process?
>
> Happy to jump in here.  Off the top of my head we need to:
>
>   o Setup DNS:
>     - openejb.apache.org
>   o Migrate site:
>     - setup /www/openejb.apache.org/
>     - cp content over from /www/incubator.apache.org/openejb/
>     - incubator apache references -> apache references
>   o Migrate lists:
>     - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>     - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>     - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>   o SVN:
>     - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/ -> http://
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/
>
> Anything I'm missing?  I assume we simply file INFRA JIRAs for nearly
> all of this?

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Brett Porter-2
Correct. (http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html has some of
this)

On 16/05/2007, at 2:39 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
>> approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!
>
> Very fantastic!  Thanks again to everyone who has supported us.  We
> really appreciate it.
>
>> Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care
>> of the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any
>> volunteers for driving this process?
>
> Happy to jump in here.  Off the top of my head we need to:
>
>  o Setup DNS:
>    - openejb.apache.org
>  o Migrate site:
>    - setup /www/openejb.apache.org/
>    - cp content over from /www/incubator.apache.org/openejb/
>    - incubator apache references -> apache references
>  o Migrate lists:
>    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>    - [hidden email] ->
> [hidden email]
>  o SVN:
>    - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/ -> http://
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/
>
> Anything I'm missing?  I assume we simply file INFRA JIRAs for
> nearly all of this?

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi All...

Congrats to all of us :D. David I want to help in the infrastructure changes
we need. I've read the link Brett provided, so do u want me to open all
issues required or follow a certain one of them ? either way is OK with, but
need to coordinate things with the rest of the team.

- Mohammad Nour

On May 16, 2007, at 8:33 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> Congrats to all of us :D. David I want to help in the
> infrastructure changes
> we need. I've read the link Brett provided, so do u want me to open
> all
> issues required or follow a certain one of them ? either way is OK
> with, but
> need to coordinate things with the rest of the team.

I filed a JIRA for the infra team just a moment ago based on similar
JIRA requests going TLP (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
INFRA-1244).  I think the best we can do is keep an eye on that issue
and answer any questions they may have questions.

-David

> On 5/17/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Correct. (http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html has some of
>> this)

>> Congratulations!
>> >
>> > Very fantastic!  Thanks again to everyone who has supported us.  We
>> > really appreciate it.

>> > Happy to jump in here.  Off the top of my head we need to:
>> >
>> >  o Setup DNS:
>> >    - openejb.apache.org
>> >  o Migrate site:
>> >    - setup /www/openejb.apache.org/
>> >    - cp content over from /www/incubator.apache.org/openejb/
>> >    - incubator apache references -> apache references
>> >  o Migrate lists:
>> >    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>> >    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>> >    - [hidden email] ->
>> > [hidden email]
>> >  o SVN:
>> >    - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/ -> http://
>> > svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/
>> >
>> > Anything I'm missing?  I assume we simply file INFRA JIRAs for
>> > nearly all of this?
>> >
>> > -David
>>

> --
> Thanks
> - Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Mohammad Nour El-Din
OK, u got it

On 5/17/07, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 8:33 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
>
> > Hi All...
> >
> > Congrats to all of us :D. David I want to help in the
> > infrastructure changes
> > we need. I've read the link Brett provided, so do u want me to open
> > all
> > issues required or follow a certain one of them ? either way is OK
> > with, but
> > need to coordinate things with the rest of the team.
>
> I filed a JIRA for the infra team just a moment ago based on similar
> JIRA requests going TLP (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> INFRA-1244).  I think the best we can do is keep an eye on that issue
> and answer any questions they may have questions.
>
> -David
>

> > On 5/17/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Correct. (http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html has some of
> >> this)

> >> Congratulations!

> > --
> > Thanks
> > - Mohammad Nour

- Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Jacek Laskowski
On 5/16/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
> approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!

Congrats to you and all involved! I'm glad I could be part of the team
for such a long time and that the idea of quitting has never cross my
mind! Thanks Brett!

Jacek

Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

manucet
This is great news. Congrats to all involved. I am glad that I was
given the opportunity to be a part of this great community.

Regards
Manu

On 5/17/07, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/16/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
> > approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!
>
> Congrats to you and all involved! I'm glad I could be part of the team
> for such a long time and that the idea of quitting has never cross my
> mind! Thanks Brett!
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

kevan
Very nice. Congrats to all on a well deserved (and well desired ;-)
incubation...

--kevan

On May 16, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
> approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!
>
> Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care
> of the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any
> volunteers for driving this process?
>
> Cheers,
> Brett

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Matt Hogstrom
David,

Not having moved from incubator before I'm not sure of all th
shtuffes that needs to be done.  I'll be back from vacation next week
and will be happy to help out where ever to help make the transition.

On May 16, 2007, at 2:39 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
>> approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!
>
> Very fantastic!  Thanks again to everyone who has supported us.  We
> really appreciate it.
>
>> Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care
>> of the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any
>> volunteers for driving this process?
>
> Happy to jump in here.  Off the top of my head we need to:
>
>  o Setup DNS:
>    - openejb.apache.org
>  o Migrate site:
>    - setup /www/openejb.apache.org/
>    - cp content over from /www/incubator.apache.org/openejb/
>    - incubator apache references -> apache references
>  o Migrate lists:
>    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>    - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>    - [hidden email] ->
> [hidden email]
>  o SVN:
>    - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/ -> http://
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/
>
> Anything I'm missing?  I assume we simply file INFRA JIRAs for
> nearly all of this?

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi David...

According to the following paragraph I extracted from this link --->
http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html

" Once the board has approved the resolution, your project PMC can work
together with the Infrastructure team to get your project established. To
help facilitate this, you are requested to file separate issue tracker
requests <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10410>for
*each* category of item in this list: core, qmail, SVN, httpd, mailing
lists. For each mailing list and SVN repository you desire, you will need to
follow the list of project-specifc
tasks<http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation-tasks.html>.
",

we should create a JIRA issue for each task required by the INFRA team,
right ? But you issued one JIRA for all tasks. Am I missng something here ?

On 5/17/07, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 8:33 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
>
> > Hi All...
> >
> > Congrats to all of us :D. David I want to help in the
> > infrastructure changes
> > we need. I've read the link Brett provided, so do u want me to open
> > all
> > issues required or follow a certain one of them ? either way is OK
> > with, but
> > need to coordinate things with the rest of the team.
>
> I filed a JIRA for the infra team just a moment ago based on similar
> JIRA requests going TLP (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> INFRA-1244).  I think the best we can do is keep an eye on that issue
> and answer any questions they may have questions.
>
> -David
>

> > On 5/17/07, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Correct. (http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html has some of
> >> this)

> >> Congratulations!

> > --
> > Thanks
> > - Mohammad Nour

- Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Prasad-2
A very well-deserved congratulations to all you guys who made this
possible and to the OpenEJB project !

Cheers
Prasad.

On 5/16/07, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 16, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
> > approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!
>
> Very fantastic!  Thanks again to everyone who has supported us.  We
> really appreciate it.
>
> > Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care
> > of the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any
> > volunteers for driving this process?
>
> Happy to jump in here.  Off the top of my head we need to:
>
>   o Setup DNS:
>     - openejb.apache.org
>   o Migrate site:
>     - setup /www/openejb.apache.org/
>     - cp content over from /www/incubator.apache.org/openejb/
>     - incubator apache references -> apache references
>   o Migrate lists:
>     - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>     - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>     - [hidden email] -> [hidden email]
>   o SVN:
>     - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/ -> http://
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/
>
> Anything I'm missing?  I assume we simply file INFRA JIRAs for nearly
> all of this?

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

On May 16, 2007, at 8:33 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> Congrats to all of us :D. David I want to help in the
> infrastructure changes
> we need. I've read the link Brett provided, so do u want me to open
> all
> issues required or follow a certain one of them ? either way is OK
> with, but
> need to coordinate things with the rest of the team.

One additional thing on our side is we should yank the DISCLAIMER.txt
that says we are incubating.

Any volunteers to yank those?

-David

On 5/23/07, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One additional thing on our side is we should yank the DISCLAIMER.txt
> that says we are incubating.
>
> Any volunteers to yank those?

Working on it...

Jacek