[OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi All...
While trying to run and start the OEJB3.0 server, a NoClassDefFound has been thrown for not finding o.a.xbean.finder.ResourceFinder class in class-path, this is because the xbean-finder-2.4.jar is not added to the CLASS-PATH entry in the MANIFEST.MF of the openejb-core-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. I added this jar to the CLASS-PATH entry and the server started successfully.
*Should I open a JIRA for this ?*, I have attached a diff file which also records some other changes I made but they are commented, if someone please would like to review review them it would be great.
Thanks and best regards
Mohammad Nour El-Din

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

openejb-core-3.0-diff.txt (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Jacek Laskowski
On 7/10/06, Mohammed Nour <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *Should I open a JIRA for this ?*

Yes. It's always a good practise to ensure your patch(es) won't get
lost in the mail traffic (which is not that high here, actually).

>, I have attached a diff file which also
> records some other changes I made but they are commented, if someone please
> would like to review review them it would be great.

There're fine and I'm going to commit it (once I figure out why I'm
asked for my password while committing).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

dblevins
Administrator

On Jul 10, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 7/10/06, Mohammed Nour <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> *Should I open a JIRA for this ?*
>
> Yes. It's always a good practise to ensure your patch(es) won't get
> lost in the mail traffic (which is not that high here, actually).
>
>> , I have attached a diff file which also
>> records some other changes I made but they are commented, if  
>> someone please
>> would like to review review them it would be great.
>
> There're fine and I'm going to commit it (once I figure out why I'm
> asked for my password while committing).
>

Hmm.  It should be picked up and put in the lib/ dir and added to the  
classpath with the org.openejb.cli.Main class package that uses it...

-David



> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.laskowski.net.pl
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Jacek Laskowski
On 7/11/06, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm.  It should be picked up and put in the lib/ dir and added to the
> classpath with the org.openejb.cli.Main class package that uses it...

Good spot! I didn't really try it out so just looked at it and
committed. Perhaps I should've been run a test or two, but I'm not
able to build OpenEJB3 locally. Do I need to co the Geronimo jee
specs?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

dblevins
Administrator
In reply to this post by dblevins

On Jul 10, 2006, at 4:11 PM, David Blevins wrote:

>
> On Jul 10, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/06, Mohammed Nour <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> *Should I open a JIRA for this ?*
>>
>> Yes. It's always a good practise to ensure your patch(es) won't get
>> lost in the mail traffic (which is not that high here, actually).
>>
>>> , I have attached a diff file which also
>>> records some other changes I made but they are commented, if  
>>> someone please
>>> would like to review review them it would be great.
>>
>> There're fine and I'm going to commit it (once I figure out why I'm
>> asked for my password while committing).
>>
>
> Hmm.  It should be picked up and put in the lib/ dir and added to  
> the classpath with the org.openejb.cli.Main class package that uses  
> it...

Ok, I see.  We'll probably want to improve our boot process at some  
point (can't upgrade libraries hardcoded in a manifest.mf file), but  
this is good enough for now.

-David

> -David
>
>
>
>> Jacek
>>
>> --
>> Jacek Laskowski
>> http://www.laskowski.net.pl
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit:
>>
>>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

dblevins
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jacek Laskowski

On Jul 10, 2006, at 4:23 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 7/11/06, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  It should be picked up and put in the lib/ dir and added to the
>> classpath with the org.openejb.cli.Main class package that uses it...
>
> Good spot! I didn't really try it out so just looked at it and
> committed.

It's a good patch.  My bad for moving the ResourceFinder out without  
testing the standalone server (just ran the itests from core).

> Perhaps I should've been run a test or two, but I'm not
> able to build OpenEJB3 locally. Do I need to co the Geronimo jee
> specs?

Yes.

-David


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Jacek Laskowski
On 7/11/06, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Do I need to co the Geronimo jee specs?
>
> Yes.

How can we get rid of this requirement? Is there a way to publish
geronimo jee specs to a maven2 repo?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi Jacek...
Here is how I did go through this problem, I have downloaded the Geronimo specs from branches/jee5_exp, build them using m2, and then build Geronimo using m1 as m2 build always failed on my machine, and while building OEJB3 I think you will have to get some jars from your local m1 repo and put them manually into your local m2 repo.

 
On 7/11/06, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/11/06, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Do I need to co the Geronimo jee specs?
>
> Yes.

How can we get rid of this requirement? Is there a way to publish
geronimo jee specs to a maven2 repo?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Jacek Laskowski
On 7/11/06, Mohammed Nour <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is how I did go through this problem, I have downloaded the Geronimo
> specs from branches/jee5_exp, build them using m2, and then build Geronimo
> using m1 as m2 build always failed on my machine, and while building OEJB3 I
> think you will have to get some jars from your local m1 repo and put them
> manually into your local m2 repo.

Hi Mohammed,

It's awesome you've got so much patience! ;-) It's not that complicated, though.

Here are the steps to build it from a OpenEJB3 fresh source checkout
(make sure that you've got Java 5 and M2 running):

$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/jee5_exp
$ cd jee5_exp
$ mvn install

Once the specs are built, you can move on and build OpenEJB 3 itself.

$ svn co https://svn.codehaus.org/openejb/trunk/openejb3 openejb3
$ cd openejb3
$ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip install

Just tested it out with no ~/.m2 repo and a fresh checkout. Some tests
fail and hence you have to specify maven.test.skip property.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Mohammad Nour El-Din
In reply to this post by dblevins
Hi All...

On 7/11/06, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jul 10, 2006, at 4:11 PM, David Blevins wrote:

>
> On Jul 10, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/06, Mohammed Nour <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> *Should I open a JIRA for this ?*
>>
>> Yes. It's always a good practise to ensure your patch(es) won't get
>> lost in the mail traffic (which is not that high here, actually).
 

>>

>>> , I have attached a diff file which also
>>> records some other changes I made but they are commented, if
>>> someone please
>>> would like to review review them it would be great.
>>
>> There're fine and I'm going to commit it (once I figure out why I'm
>> asked for my password while committing).
>>
>
> Hmm.  It should be picked up and put in the lib/ dir and added to
> the classpath with the org.openejb.cli.Main class package that uses
> it...

Ok, I see.  We'll probably want to improve our boot process at some
point (can't upgrade libraries hardcoded in a manifest.mf file), but
this is good enough for now.

-David
 
Should I open a sub task to OPENEJB-208 so we document the need to this type of review and enhancement ?

> -David

>
>
>
>> Jacek
>>
>> --
>> Jacek Laskowski
>> http://www.laskowski.net.pl
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit:
>>
>>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Jacek Laskowski
On 7/12/06, Mohammed Nour <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The JIRA is OPENEJB-208
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-208

Applied and commented. Thanks!

> Should I open a sub task to OPENEJB-208 so we document the need to this type
> of review and enhancement ?

Done. I included the comment in O-208. Thanks!

BTW, could you verify that the build procedure I outlined in my
previous email works for you?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OEJB3.0] - NoClassDefFound while starting OEJB3.0

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi Jacek...
The build fails because of the new dependency xbean-spring-2.5-colossus.jar which is not found on any of our repos, I have sent a mail regarding this issue plz read. But when I got the one that I found on our repos the build just goes fine.
Thanks and best regards...
Mohammad Nour El-Din
 
On 7/12/06, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/12/06, Mohammed Nour <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The JIRA is OPENEJB-208
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-208

Applied and commented. Thanks!

> Should I open a sub task to OPENEJB-208 so we document the need to this type
> of review and enhancement ?

Done. I included the comment in O-208. Thanks!

BTW, could you verify that the build procedure I outlined in my
previous email works for you?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email