NullPointerException when making rest request in TomEE 1.7.4

jmp

NullPointerException when making rest request in TomEE 1.7.4

jmp
We recently upgraded from TomEE 1.7.3 to 1.7.4.

Using the same rest servie that runs fine in 1.7.3 without issues now causes the following error message to be logged everytime a rest request is made.

Jul 20, 2017 1:14:50 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor process
SEVERE: Error processing request
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:473)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1078)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

The rest request actually works but the log file fills up with these errors

Re: NullPointerException when making rest request in TomEE 1.7.4

agumbrecht
Hi "jmp",

Check/Compare your application WEB-INF/lib directory against the
[TomEE]/lib directory and make sure you are not including any TomEE
provided libraries in your application.

Also, shutdown and clean out the [TomEE]/temp directory before a restart.

If you are not sure about the libs then post a list of your app libs here.

Andy.

On 20 July 2017 at 19:02, jmp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We recently upgraded from TomEE 1.7.3 to 1.7.4.
>
> Using the same rest servie that runs fine in 1.7.3 without issues now
> causes
> the following error message to be logged everytime a rest request is made.
>
> Jul 20, 2017 1:14:50 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor
> process
> SEVERE: Error processing request
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
> CoyoteAdapter.java:473)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(
> AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1078)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.
> process(AbstractProtocol.java:625)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.
> run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
> ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(
> TaskThread.java:61)
>
> The rest request actually works but the log file fills up with these errors

  Andy Gumbrecht
  https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com